The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Is Drew McIntyre being 'buried' (in the true meaning of the term) or is his constant losing each week simply a different kind of push?

Usually losing to mid and lower carders a few times in a row as well as being given a lame gimmick or character is what defines a genuine burial (McIntyre's frustrated silences with Teddy Long are pretty lame imo). But what's the point if they have no faith in him? Why bother having him lose constantly, why book him at all?

It seems to me like he's getting a push, just an unconventional one. His character's getting loads more air time than he has in the previous weeks/months, but where exactly can they take his story of constant losses?

Is Drew McIntyre being 'buried' (in the true meaning of the term) or is his constant losing each week simply a different kind of push?

Usually losing to mid and lower carders a few times in a row as well as being given a lame gimmick or character is what defines a genuine burial (McIntyre's frustrated silences with Teddy Long are pretty lame imo). But what's the point if they have no faith in him? Why bother having him lose constantly, why book him at all?

It seems to me like he's getting a push, just an unconventional one. His character's getting loads more air time than he has in the previous weeks/months, but where exactly can they take his story of constant losses?

Daniel Bryan constantly lost to the likes of Darren Young and Heath Slater. Now he's World Champion.

Finally got my hands ont he Stone Cold "Bottom Line: DVD that came out recently. Wow. what a great documentary. I felt it was pretty honest and fair. Of course there's always going to be a little bit of WWE-visionist history but for the most part I really liked it. It was pure Stone Cold, the good, the bad, and the ugly. They addressed how horrendous his heel turn was at the time (some remember it fondly when we look back , but at the time it was kinda just a joke).

I thought it was a great film. Haven't seen the matches and whatnot yet, just the 2+ hour documentary. It's great stuff. Highly reccomend it to any fan of him or the era.

Daniel Bryan constantly lost to the likes of Darren Young and Heath Slater. Now he's World Champion.

As I understand it, the championship came essentially out of nowhere, and was a surprise to everyone. There was talk (speculation, obviously) of his being the first person to cash in and lose. So... YMMV.

Honestly, I don't own a ton of WWE dvds. I bought everything they released on Mick Foley because he was always my favorite.

But the Stone Cold DVD and the Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels DVDs are the two best wrestling-related purchases I made all year. I'm serious, man. If you're a fan of the era, there aren't two better buys out there in my opinion. I'd love to see a "Stone Cold/Rock: Greatest Rivalries" release this year. But until then, I might dare to say the best two WWE-produced DVDs of all time came out in 2011.

Great stuff.

Honestly, I don't own a ton of WWE dvds. I bought everything they released on Mick Foley because he was always my favorite.

But the Stone Cold DVD and the Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels DVDs are the two best wrestling-related purchases I made all year. I'm serious, man. If you're a fan of the era, there aren't two better buys out there in my opinion. I'd love to see a "Stone Cold/Rock: Greatest Rivalries" release this year. But until then, I might dare to say the best two WWE-produced DVDs of all time came out in 2011.

Great stuff.

I agree with you 100% dude, I picked up the Bret/Shawn DVD on its release date and its one of the best DVD's I have seen from the WWE barnone. I got the Stone Cold DVD for christmas as he is my favoriote wrestler of all time and wow it was amazing. Those DVD's are probably my two favoriote that WWE has ever released.

I am with you on the Stone Cold/Rock:Greatest Rivalries release because once I saw that they released one for Hart vs. Michaels I said to myself an Austin Rock one would be great. I hope that if they decide to turn the Greatest Rivalries DVD into a series (After what I would say was a great starting point for a series with the Hart/Michaels DVD) that Rock vs. Austin is one that I would want to see next because there rivalry was so amazing and the fact that they were the first pairing to have three matches at WM really sells me on the idea but who knows if they would do it or not but I would love to see it.

What makes Austin/Rock so compelling to me is how different their relationship is from Bret and Shawn. Neither rivalry is more or less great in the general scheme of things.

In my opinion, Hart is the best wrestler I've ever seen. Shawn is number 2. But their negative feelings towards each other drove them towards a very compelling series of matches. And some of their matches are the best EVER in my very humble opinion.

Austin/Rock is a totally different story. Two great superstars who didn't mind putting each other over, who complemented each other so well, who truly respected each other. Wow. Now THAT's a story to tell. I'd love to get in their heads during various points in their careers. And if good ol' J.R. is doing the interviews... man I see a ton of potential there.

It takes nothing away from Bret/Shawn in my opinion. It simply takes a completely different angle on a "Greatest rivalry" type documentary. It's the natural next volume if they plan on extending the "Greatest rivalries" dvd series.

And if they really wanted to go nuts, I see a Hogan/Warrior series in the future as well.

What makes Austin/Rock so compelling to me is how different their relationship is from Bret and Shawn. Neither rivalry is more or less great in the general scheme of things.

In my opinion, Hart is the best wrestler I've ever seen. Shawn is number 2. But their negative feelings towards each other drove them towards a very compelling series of matches. And some of their matches are the best EVER in my very humble opinion.

Austin/Rock is a totally different story. Two great superstars who didn't mind putting each other over, who complemented each other so well, who truly respected each other. Wow. Now THAT's a story to tell. I'd love to get in their heads during various points in their careers. And if good ol' J.R. is doing the interviews... man I see a ton of potential there.

It takes nothing away from Bret/Shawn in my opinion. It simply takes a completely different angle on a "Greatest rivalry" type documentary. It's the natural next volume if they plan on extending the "Greatest rivalries" dvd series.

And if they really wanted to go nuts, I see a Hogan/Warrior series in the future as well.

The thing that is the most compelling to me when it comes to Austin and Rock is that they were two gigantic superstars in the same era in the same company and you knew that down the line their paths would cross which obviously they did. That rarely ever happens when an era has two huge faces or heels and their in the same company.

Also as to your comment about a Hogan and Warrior dvd in the future I hate to burst your bubble but that will never happen. Not that I wouldn't want to see it but the fact that they legitimately cannot stand the sight of each other (or so I have heard) would probably make it next to impossible to get them to sit side by side and do an interview without wanting/trying to kill each other because they still really hate each other.

As I understand it, the championship came essentially out of nowhere, and was a surprise to everyone. There was talk (speculation, obviously) of his being the first person to cash in and lose. So... YMMV.

I'm not sure how that negates my point, exactly. If anything it strengthens it - Bryan was even on a losing streak right before he won the championship. Drew being on a losing streak doesn't necessarily mean he's being depushed.

The thing that is the most compelling to me when it comes to Austin and Rock is that they were two gigantic superstars in the same era in the same company and you knew that down the line their paths would cross which obviously they did. That rarely ever happens when an era has two huge faces or heels and their in the same company.

Also as to your comment about a Hogan and Warrior dvd in the future I hate to burst your bubble but that will never happen. Not that I wouldn't want to see it but the fact that they legitimately cannot stand the sight of each other (or so I have heard) would probably make it next to impossible to get them to sit side by side and do an interview without wanting/trying to kill each other because they still really hate each other.

Yea man. And with Austin/Rock WWE had the stones to have them face off against each other.

I'm not sure how that negates my point, exactly. If anything it strengthens it - Bryan was even on a losing streak right before he won the championship. Drew being on a losing streak doesn't necessarily mean he's being depushed.

/nod... It's an almost duplication of your point. People were saying (I remember) that because Bryan was losing, that he will be the first person to lose cashing in. You were using that EXACT reason to make your point, and he bassically emphasized it. If not for the YMMV, which I'm still not sure how to take, I felt he was doing just that, emphasizing your point.

Seeing SmackDown! go through with a flagpole match and a blindfold match, and then I tune into TNA and see they had a flag on a pole match of their own... I dunno, I feel like it's been ages since there haven't been these. Then again, I don't really watch TNA regularly.

The lumberjack world title match showed that they did a good job of greying the lines between faces and heels nowadays.. and I'm not even really talking about Daniel Bryan. By that I mean a group of heels just attacking Mark Henry at the end of the match and at some other point(I think). A few years ago, it would've probably looked strange for some.. since everything about dispositions seemed so formulaic and established. Though I guess you could argue it's always been more or less vague when it comes to lumberjack matches.

Bryan's finally getting the crowd reaction he couldn't get just 2 months ago as a face. "Do the right thing... before I have to unleash my fury on you, ok!" The title match was a non-event as expected, setting up the Triple Threat Match at the Rumble.

Epico/Primo v Usos - Nice to see a rare tornado tag match. The Usos are underrated.

Dance-off - Vickie got Funkasized! I usually hate these segments but that was funny. Then Regal came out and the segment got even weirder.

Sheamus v Barrett - Good table match with Sheamus finally losing, albeit by distraction.

Okay Sin City SD. Not the disaster it could have been.

I loved this week's Smackdown. I haven't watched WWE TV for a little while, so I found the whole thing kinda charming. Bryan rules. Funkasaurus rules. Ted Dibiase really did it for me. Tables match was cool. Blindfold match was amusing. Lots to like.

Bit weird seeing all the Lumberjacks in their wrestling gear though.

One thing that bothered me about the lumberjack: Drew McIntyre was still there. Shouldn't he have gotten the boot right after his match?

Other than that, very good show. And DiBiase is trying to recreate the Ryder effect through social media, and is actually over. This is strange to me.

One thing that bothered me about the lumberjack: Drew McIntyre was still there. Shouldn't he have gotten the boot right after his match?
pobably taking the time to get the paperwork ready.

Other than that, very good show. And DiBiase is trying to recreate the Ryder effect through social media, and is actually over. This is strange to me.
He tailgates with the fans and seems like a really nice guy. Can't imagine why he wouldn't get over.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/sstwill26/377443_2613094279409_1016594663_3000277_830708036_n1.jpg

Me and Evan Bourne/Matt Sydal

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/sstwill26/377443_2613094359411_1016594663_3000278_1363163170_n1.jpg

You guys could guess this one LOL

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z359/sstwill26/377443_2613094399412_1016594663_3000279_554440892_n1.jpg

The Great Black and the Great White lol