The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Have you seen the 95 Rumble because that one was horrible. It was way too short or wasn't as long as I think a Rumble should be and not to mention all the bad gimmicks around then just killed it for me.

The only thing that made it watchable was the fact that Shawn Michaels and the British Bulldog started as numbers 1 and 2 respectively. They started the match together and the match ended the exact same way that it started with the two of them as the final two men in the ring which I thought was really cool but other than that, that years rumble wasn't very good.

So before you say that this years rumble was the worst I would suggest watching the 95 rumble. Although saying that its the worst you can remember you might not remember the 95 rumble or you may have been too young to remember it depending on how old you are (that I don't know).

I agree I didnt really enjoy this years Royal Rumble but I have seen the 95 rumble and it sucked. I think that year they changed from a superstar enters every 90 seconds to every 60 seconds and the match didnt even last 45 minutes

Personally my fav Rumbles are 2002, 2003. lol

I agree I didnt really enjoy this years Royal Rumble but I have seen the 95 rumble and it sucked. I think that year they changed from a superstar enters every 90 seconds to every 60 seconds and the match didnt even last 45 minutes

Personally my fav Rumbles are 2002, 2003. lol

For me its 1992 and 2001.

Have you seen the 95 Rumble because that one was horrible. It was way too short or wasn't as long as I think a Rumble should be and not to mention all the bad gimmicks around then just killed it for me.

The only thing that made it watchable was the fact that Shawn Michaels and the British Bulldog started as numbers 1 and 2 respectively. They started the match together and the match ended the exact same way that it started with the two of them as the final two men in the ring which I thought was really cool but other than that, that years rumble wasn't very good.

So before you say that this years rumble was the worst I would suggest watching the 95 rumble. Although saying that its the worst you can remember you might not remember the 95 rumble or you may have been too young to remember it depending on how old you are (that I don't know).

Oh yeah. The 95 rumble. I'd forgot about that one. Well i first said "the worst in years" and then "the worst i can remember". Yeah i saw the 95. And i admit it that one was much worst than this year's rumble. But HBK one it, and as #1, so that made it much more bearable (did i spell it right?) to me that this one. But yeah, the 95 Rumble was really something... and i don't mean it in the good way. :D But this one has to rank as the next worst thing after that one.

For me its 1992 and 2001.

2001 was awesome.

I watched 1992 the other day, and it didn't do it for me. I'm too fond of the guy-comes-in-does-his-movez formula. So much of it seemed like aimless brawling. However, that Rumble was great at emphasizing Flair throughout. Not just occassionally noting how long he'd been in, but putting him in perilous situations and having the commentary team talking about him. Miz could have been this year's Flair, but there was no story to his survival, Cole apparently lost his man-crush for the night (couldn't he use his entrance to save Miz from doom?) and... well, let's be honest, Miz doesn't have the presence of a Ric Flair.

I gotta watch some Rumbles from 2004 to 2007. The years I wasn't watching wrestling. I don't think I went back and watched them.

bit random but have people seen this debut vignette for HHH when he came to wwf

he definitely improved his mic skills since then. I guess beeing hbk's friend helped a lot. xD But seriously...that totally sucks... Is that suposed to be a british accent? Please... :D Who would have thought he'd be a 11 (or 12, or 13, i've lost count by now) world champ by now. And he really worked for those titles...you know...with Stephanie. :D:D:D But hey, i like the guy, dispite it all.

Even after the awesome debut of Terror Risin' so many years ago, i still can not find anything that i like about Triple H. He's over rated and makes me just want to turn off the TV every time he's on screen, I don't root for any man to tear a quad and be off my TV for months at a time, unless that's old Hunter. Sit in the back with your whiny wife you jerk.

Even after the awesome debut of Terror Risin' so many years ago, i still can not find anything that i like about Triple H. He's over rated and makes me just want to turn off the TV every time he's on screen, I don't root for any man to tear a quad and be off my TV for months at a time, unless that's old Hunter. Sit in the back with your whiny wife you jerk.

Ouch! looool. I don't think he's over rated. He's an excellent entertainer and he can put on solid matches. Sure, he has no legendary ring skills, but he gets the job done and he gets it well done. As a performer (the sum of entertainer and in ring) he actually turned out very well. But sure...the whole stephanie marriage thing did boost his carreer in a way that would never had happened otherwise. British accent or not, i hope he has the decency of not breaking the streak. :D (It is Taker's final match, or that isn't confirmed?)

Of course the streak won't end. Or, maybe I should clarify that: He won't lose. Honestly, I can see a retirement match ending in a draw, forcing both to retire.

However, HUGE news:

As noted in the PWInsider.com Elite section, Former ROH Tag Team champion Chris Hero was at WWE developmental today and the word is that he's finally signed officially with the company. Hero had been waiting for medical tests to clear before he could sign.

I am told there are no plans for WWE to put Hero and his former Kings of Wrestling partner Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) together as an act for the main roster. They were always going to be signed as separate entities.

I'm incredibly excited that he finally signed, but I'm very disappointed that they aren't teaming them up. This was the last glimmer of hope for the tag team division. And - yep, there it went.

The Undertaker video was good early in the show. I liked that and loved how it was shot. Made it look like Taker had been obsessing over facing HHH for a full year.

I also enjoyed the CM Punk and Jericho segment.

The 6 pack challenge was decent but Miz failed to soften Ron Killings fall. I wonder how bad Killings is hurt. He was holding his head but to me it looked like his back would be hurting more with how he landed.

I'm digging the HHH v Taker build-up so far but I still don't want to see them wrestle again.

Punk v Jericho - Jericho got trolled by Punk! Let the pipe bomb war begin.

Khali was actually pretty cool in the SD tag match. Still a waste putting him in the EC match over someone like Gabriel or Mahal, though. I bet DiBiase would have one of the 6 if he weren't injured.

6-pack match - Fun EC teaser match. Had some cool spots like the 4-man super-plex and the fast-paced finish.

6-pack match - Fun EC teaser match. Had some cool spots like the 4-man super-plex and the fast-paced finish.

Jeircho throwing Punk over the table was siiick. I mean, I might be over reacting to one tiny thing, but it's those little touches guys like those to put on their matches that have me excited about a WM28 match.