The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

They aren't gonna be with Punk.

They're gonna be with Maddox, who is kinda (but not super really) in cahoots with Heyman - remember the whole thing backstage before Maddox/The Ryback match.

Just my guess anyways. This whole angle sucks already, since they are treating it in a vacuum sealed feud. If guys are coming to take over a show, they wouldn't wait for the last 3 minutes of over run to show up.

They aren't gonna be with Punk.

They're gonna be with Maddox, who is kinda (but not super really) in cahoots with Heyman - remember the whole thing backstage before Maddox/The Ryback match.

Just my guess anyways. This whole angle sucks already, since they are treating it in a vacuum sealed feud. If guys are coming to take over a show, they wouldn't wait for the last 3 minutes of over run to show up.

Looks like they're just trying to take out Ryback for whatever reason though. Not really take over the show. I'm thinking more of a "hired security" type angle than a Nexus/ Aces n 8s type angle.

Seems awfully presumptuous to say the angle "sucks" just because YOU think it should be about them taking over the show and YOU think they should be on TV more.

Give it a chance to develop before you trash it?

I don't necessarily think it SHOULD be them taking over the show. I don't see where else they can really go with this though.

WWE has been pushing the story as them wanting change and wanting to take spots that they feel are theirs. I'm pretty sure I'd be going around raising hell and attacking everyone instead of just waiting for one guy in the literal last moments of television.

Now, they did pick the right guy to attack. It seems like every WWE story is in it's own vacuum-sealed universe though. They don't really intertwine and develop like they used to.

It's a shame, the in-ring talent is 10 times what it used to be but the creative is letting them down for the last run of time.

In case you ask why I say they want to take over, WWE released an in-character article from Dusty Rhodes. It includes - “As a coach and a teacher and mentor, as well as the GM of NXT , I know that all of these kids are told to step up to the plate and hit a home run. Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns just got tired of seeing the other guys out there, making money that could be theirs. They want those WWE roster spots, and they’re ready to knock down doors.”

The one thought that crossed my mind is when they finally let Ambrose talk he's going to be treated to the "What?" Chant.

The guy is decent enough in the ring, but good god he's unbelievable on the mic and since he's a heel he's going to get that annoying What treatment.

I don't necessarily think it SHOULD be them taking over the show. I don't see where else they can really go with this though.

WWE has been pushing the story as them wanting change and wanting to take spots that they feel are theirs. I'm pretty sure I'd be going around raising hell and attacking everyone instead of just waiting for one guy in the literal last moments of television.

Now, they did pick the right guy to attack. It seems like every WWE story is in it's own vacuum-sealed universe though. They don't really intertwine and develop like they used to.

It's a shame, the in-ring talent is 10 times what it used to be but the creative is letting them down for the last run of time.

In case you ask why I say they want to take over, WWE released an in-character article from Dusty Rhodes. It includes - “As a coach and a teacher and mentor, as well as the GM of NXT , I know that all of these kids are told to step up to the plate and hit a home run. Ambrose, Rollins and Reigns just got tired of seeing the other guys out there, making money that could be theirs. They want those WWE roster spots, and they’re ready to knock down doors.”

I'm going to agree with your opinion on this. It's the only one I can draw upon.

My only other thoughts as other's have pointed out, is that it doesn't look like Punk is going to be on in what they are doing, just goes with it because it's helping him at the moment. Perhaps when he realizes they are taking out people they think will make a bigger impact then if they were to take him out, he might actually have beef with them "Oh, so you don't think taking out the WWE Champion would be a big enough deal!??"(kafabe).

I also think they should be at least showing up backstage surrounding perhaps Santino or someone, making them feel uncomfortable enough to walk off... Like I would love to see someone being interviewed, and those three kind of walk up on them and just staring at them til' they leave, without any comments.

According to Carlos Cabrera(Spanish announcer), Ambrose, Rollins, and Reigns will be called "The Shield". God I hope he's wrong.

Unfortunately he isn't wrong, Ambrosse, Rollins, and Reigns using the name "The Shield" has been reported on numerous websites that I have gone to. I hate it but whatever.

Also to your earlier point about the What? chants. I hate it too but for a different reason. Yeah it ruins promos but the guy who started the What thing (Stone Cold Steve Austin) isn't around anymore and it's still going on. I wouldn't mind it so much but the fact that most people that chant what (I am talking about the ten year old kids in this case) don't even know where the "What" came from. However because it's a wrestling crowd and if a group of people start chanting something others will follow because it's the "Cool" thing to do and wrestling fans for the most part seem to follow what other fans are chanting at events.

SD Highlights:

Titus O'Neill dissing Ryback - "Somebody oughtta get that boy some medication."

Sin Cara v Del Rio (Sin Cara has looked great since teaming with Rey)

Barrett & JBL double-teaming Josh on commentary

Ziggler v Orton (Ziggler's finally on a winning streak!)

And yeah, Kofi's stepping up to the plate right now.

I didn't catch Raw, but I just saw this.

Ambrose <3

I swear he's somehow equal parts Heath Ledger's Joker and Christian Slater's Jason Dean in the movie Heathers.

I really expected Ambrose to outshine Rollins, but Rollins isn't as bad as I remember on the mic.

Have to wait until Wednesday to see that. Looks awesome from what you're saying...:(

I didn't think Roman was actually that bad in that segment. He delivered his lines fairly well and he's got the size(and Anoa'i blood) to pull off the strong, yet silent type role.

I haven't seen him wrestle at all, but I'm going to try and keep an open mind. Then again, his brother was awful, S.H.I.T. even :p

All of them have an aura about them in my opinion (Rollins needs to stop wearing that hat though, it was crap in FCW things haven't changed :p). Props to WWE creative so far, this angle is shaping up nicely.

Punk practically somersaulting over the barrier to escape Ryback was priceless.

Thought I would pop in here and share a fun fact with all of you about CM Punk's WWE Title reign that you may or may not already know.

Last Night CM Punk surpassed Macho Man Randy Savage's reign of 371 days becoming the Seventh longest reigning WWE Champion in history.

Today is day number 373 of his title reign and next Wednesday will be day number 381. So next Wednesday he will surpass John Cena as the sixth longest WWE Champion in history.

After that he will have a long way to go to catch the 5th longest reigning champion which is currently Pedro Morales at 1,027 days.

At least he will get to the number Six spot which is extremly impressive! I doubt he will get to the fifth spot.

Raw Highlights:

Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. - Couldn't resist :) I'm not sold on the name but I like the military gear. The whole injustice thing could be good but so far they are only targeting one face (injustice against the champ). I'd like to see them target someone new every month.

Bryan vs Rey (1st time match-up)

Ziggler vs Cena

Sheamus v Cesaro - Awesome match aside from the botched finish. Cesaro hit some killer uppercuts and an alpamare waterslide!

Reigns/Ryback/Punk spear spot