The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. - Couldn't resist :) I'm not sold on the name but I like the military gear. The whole injustice thing could be good but so far they are only targeting one face (injustice against the champ). I'd like to see them target someone new every month.

And here I was hoping they'd be called the "Sons of Bossman." What a missed opportunity.

I can only be so patient with this angle, because WWE's recent history with payoffs (anonymous GM and Nexus just to name a couple) has been horrendous if not non-existant.

They need to pull a rabbit out of a hat here, because I know quite a few fans (non-IWC fans that I watch RAW with regularly) that have soured on it because of how it's been handled.

I can only be so patient with this angle, because WWE's recent history with payoffs (anonymous GM and Nexus just to name a couple) has been horrendous if not non-existant.

They need to pull a rabbit out of a hat here, because I know quite a few fans (non-IWC fans that I watch RAW with regularly) that have soured on it because of how it's been handled.

Then your friends have ADD. it's been two weeks.

So far they've done 1) the reveal 2) a pretty decent promo.

Not sure what the problem is, aside from the name which i think is lame.

If your friends are already "souring" on the angle, then they are part of the problem, and why we can't have good long term storylines anymore. Everythings gotta happen in one week or it "hasn't been handled right"

SD Highlights:

Cena v ADR - They actually let ADR counter Cena's finishers multiple times. ADR threw in a german suplex pin and Cena won with a turnbuckle leg drop!

Hell No/Kofi v PTP/Barrett - Good tag match

Sandow tries to find an apprentice - Funniest segment of the year!

Ziggler v Sheamus - Another good match with a predictable run-in, although I preferred the DQ ending to Sheamus winning with his usual brogue kick.

I really hope Ziggler retains the case...

Hometown pride and all.

So do I, when the stipulation for that match was announced last night I cringed because from what I have heard Cena is on Smackdown as of recently so it wouldn't surprise me at all if WWE wanted to give him the breifcase. It's kind of stupid though because Cena already had the Raw breifcase and lost it so giving him the Smackdown breifcase kind of kills the point of their being two breifcases IMO. Plus I wont like it at all if they do that to Dolph he has worked way to hard to get to where he is at and it would suck if it got taken away.

I know that they did take someones breifcase away before (Kennedy lost his to Edge) and it was cool the first time it happened but kind of defeats the purpose of having a Money In The Bank match in the first place. So I really hope that it doesn't happen again.

I really hope Ziggler retains the case...

Hometown pride and all.

it has nothing to do with hometown pride

he has lost to Cena multiple times while trying to cheat a 3rd would make him look like a true joke

they already erased all of his momentum from 3 straight clean wins at SvS, then vs Miz then vs Orton

So, I know this isn't a WWE comment per se; however, I just saw it on a WWE produced DVD. That said, I just watched Sting vs. Cactus Jack in WCW's Starcade '92 (I believe) and wow! What a great match! I'll be honest, I didn't know Sting much before the 'crow version'. I came into WCW shortly before his transition (only really watched the WWF before that) and didn't really know the surfer sting all that well. Regardless though, I really loved the back-and-forth that they had!

If you haven't seen it before, look it up! This is the kind of stuff we're missing in wrestling these days! Hunger, passion, a move-set that's more than a punch (even for a 'main event style')! Great stuff.

So, I know this isn't a WWE comment per se; however, I just saw it on a WWE produced DVD. That said, I just watched Sting vs. Cactus Jack in WCW's Starcade '92 (I believe) and wow! What a great match! I'll be honest, I didn't know Sting much before the 'crow version'. I came into WCW shortly before his transition (only really watched the WWF before that) and didn't really know the surfer sting all that well. Regardless though, I really loved the back-and-forth that they had!

If you haven't seen it before, look it up! This is the kind of stuff we're missing in wrestling these days! Hunger, passion, a move-set that's more than a punch (even for a 'main event style')! Great stuff.

I'm 99% sure Sting and Cactus Jack never wrestled at Starrcade. I think you're talking about their match at Beach Blast? It's always fun to see guys when they're more in their prime. I remember how stunned I was when I first saw Luger/Flair at Starrcade. Sure, most of it was probably 80's Flair being that good, but I never would've guessed Lex Luger could be in a 4.5/5 star match that goes 30 minutes, especially as a babyface.

Edit: It looks like the match isn't available anywhere except on the Falls Count Anywhere DVD, but netflix has it streaming, so that's cool!

I'm 99% sure Sting and Cactus Jack never wrestled at Starrcade. I think you're talking about their match at Beach Blast? It's always fun to see guys when they're more in their prime. I remember how stunned I was when I first saw Luger/Flair at Starrcade. Sure, most of it was probably 80's Flair being that good, but I never would've guessed Lex Luger could be in a 4.5/5 star match that goes 30 minutes, especially as a babyface.

Edit: It looks like the match isn't available anywhere except on the Falls Count Anywhere DVD, but netflix has it streaming, so that's cool!

Oh yea!! "Beach Blast'!! :D Thank you.

And yea, I saw it on netflix via the "Falls Count Anywhere" DVD. A really great watch!

Speaking of people you don't expect to have great matches, I was shocked the first time I saw Warrior vs Savage from SummerSlam 92 I think it was. The whole storyline with Mr Perfect and Ric Flair at ring side. The story telling, the ring work, the drama...such a great experience.

Speaking of people you don't expect to have great matches, I was shocked the first time I saw Warrior vs Savage from SummerSlam 92 I think it was. The whole storyline with Mr Perfect and Ric Flair at ring side. The story telling, the ring work, the drama...such a great experience.

Honestly I think Warrior is under-rated during that period between 89 and the end of his first run. Yes, he wasn't the best worker ever, but his matches with Hogan, Rude, and Savage show that he was perfectly capable of pulling off WWF main event-style matches.

At least, I hope it was Warrior you didn't expect to have a great match. Savage was an incredible worker for years before and after '92.

I think Mick Foley was quite good especially earlier in his career when he was slightly more athletic and could do more. Even later on though, he always had a good insight towards the storytelling side of in-ring action. It's easy to look back and think of the big fat guy stumbling around the ring who got pops because he took tremendous amounts of pain. But if you look at most of his bigger matches earlier in his career, the guy really did put on some great stuff. I also feel like he did an amazing job at making whoever his opponent was look great.

Raw was o.k. this week. Wasn't great wasn't terrible. I have to admit I was kinda hoping for more from Miz/Punk in that last segment. Wasn't bad it just didn't really go where I thought it could. Things have been slightly edgier lately so I was looking forward to some interesting banter between the two. But I guess the set-up with the "walrus" jokes should have given me fair warning.

But Cena/Shaemus vs Show/Ziggler had a fun finish. I'm enjoying anytime Sandow is on screen. I like that the Team Hell No storyline is actually moving forward a little bit. I think they have to get along for awhile for their eventual break up to have proper meaning.

And... Vinny Mac :-)

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, I know this isn't a WWE comment per se; however, I just saw it on a WWE produced DVD. That said, I just watched Sting vs. Cactus Jack in WCW's Starcade '92 (I believe) and wow! What a great match! I'll be honest, I didn't know Sting much before the 'crow version'. I came into WCW shortly before his transition (only really watched the WWF before that) and didn't really know the surfer sting all that well. Regardless though, I really loved the back-and-forth that they had! <p> </p><p> If you haven't seen it before, look it up! This is the kind of stuff we're missing in wrestling these days! Hunger, passion, a move-set that's more than a punch (even for a 'main event style')! Great stuff.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sting was saved by RoboCop once.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Basmat01" data-cite="Basmat01" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Sting was saved by RoboCop once.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sadly.... that's something I HAVE seen.</p>

i haven't watched any RAW lately, but i been thinking with the Money in the Bank case on the line between Dolph Ziggler and Cena, do you reckon Ziggler will cash in on Sheamus or Big Show turningv thier match into a championship match with Cena winning

probs won't happen but me and my mates were talking about a way to unite the titles or maybe have Rock beat Cena at Royal Rumble for the belt

again i am most likely completely wrong as i only check out the PPV's and my mate fills me in on the shows

<p>Predictions for TLC?</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Cena</strong> vs Ziggler</p><p>

Truth vs <strong>Cesaro</strong></p><p>

Sheamus vs <strong>Show</strong></p><p>

Kofi vs <strong>Barrett</strong></p><p>

Hell No/Ryback vs <strong>The Shield</strong></p><p>

<strong>Rhodes Scholars</strong> vs Luchadors</p><p> </p><p>

I think only a minor title will change hands. I'd like Ziggler to win but it makes more sense for Cena to be Show's next opponent. If Sheamus can't beat him who can other than Cena? It would be a good feud for Cena and having him on SD would be good for ratings. Punk can retain against Rock at the Rumble (only to get beat at Mania by Ryback maybe) and we can have Cena vs Rock for the WHC at Mania.</p>

If what is being said about mania is true about undertaker and i hope it is.....I see punk loosing at rumble to the rock....setting up cena vs the rock.....but rock's also starting a new movie soon also so that means no world champion at house shows.....hard to sell tickets if the champ is not on the show....