The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

How does payment with PayPal work? Do you manually have to transfer money each month or what...? Never done a monthly subscription with PayPal before.

Also, has anyone heard anything about future platforms? There's a WWE PPV app for my Samsung SmartTV currently, so I was kinda hoping they'd roll this out for it as well...

How does payment with PayPal work? Do you manually have to transfer money each month or what...? Never done a monthly subscription with PayPal before.

Also, has anyone heard anything about future platforms? There's a WWE PPV app for my Samsung SmartTV currently, so I was kinda hoping they'd roll this out for it as well...

They will put it on select SmarTVs and other devices on the...summer, i think.

I'm hearing that you can use paypal if you live outside of the US.

Might as well give it a try by signing up for the trial

From what I've seen people outside the U.S aren't able to use the Network yet.

Also, Paypal apparently isn't working with the Network either. There was some issues earlier today about it. From their Facebook page it says they should hhave the issues resolved with payment through PayPal and other EWallet sites by next week.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought Raw was supposed to be added to the Network immediately following the show or is it next day like Hulu?</div></blockquote><p> Neither. They don't go up until 30 days after they air.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought Raw was supposed to be added to the Network immediately following the show or is it next day like Hulu?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Will take time. They have a contract with The cable station stil.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="moon_lit_tears" data-cite="moon_lit_tears" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Will take time. They have a contract with The cable station stil.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> its more to do with the contract they have with hulu for raw and smackdown. hopefully that changes soon. i wont be suprised if those deals come to an end same time as the cable deals end. next day would be awesome and uncut full eps unlike the edited hulu eps.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Guess who's back? Restriction error. Yeah.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know what people haven't understood, it's a U.S launch only for now followed by a U.K, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and Nordics launch later this year/early 2015. If your from Brazil like you say you are, you're going to have troubles using their servers for the simple reason of it being restricted to people living with the United States.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="delv213" data-cite="delv213" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fans like you are what killed the Piledriver and DDT from generating any pop from the crowd. A finisher is a finisher for a reason, it finishes the match. Remember when Kane took 3 Tombstone Piledrivers from the Undertaker to get pinned at Wrestlemania 14? Had anyone kicked out of the Tombstone prior to that match? Why do you think Kane remained over as a motherf'r after that match? Would it had been the same if Shawn Michaels kicked out of 2 tombstones prior to Wrestlemania 14 just a month and a half earlier? Kane got up right after being pinned like a champ too, completely no sold one of the most brutal looking finishers and went on being relativity over until X-Pac beat him with a single X-Factor. Yeah you read that right, 3 tombstones and no sells it only to be pinned by an X-Factor. Really did wonders for both wrestlers right?<p> </p><p> How about now a days when everyone kicks out of the Attitude Adjustment or the RKO? Really takes the momentum out of a TV match when you know that your favorite midcarder should be kicking out of the Attitude Adjustment or RKO if he was really over.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Fans like me are what killed piledrivers and ddts? Get out of here with that noise. Did you even watch the match? The people who killed those moves are wrestlers who started using them as more just medium level type moves in favor of more flashy finishers/moves. That's the business. There was a time when THE SLEEPER hold was an effective move lets not forget.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not talking midcarders should go through finisher fest at the end of their matches, not at all. I'm saying Del Rio, somebody who at this point should probably be portrayed as a decent threat seeing as he won the largest Rumble in WWE history, and has been a multiple time champion shouldn't be made to look like a scrub who after dominating and dishing out almost full offense for a match and then gets beat after two quick moves. That hurts Del Rio's credibility, which in turn hurts Batistas win too, nobody comes out looking better. I look at finisher moves as bigger hitting moves, not knock outs, just bigger hitting moves and the only reason a wrestler doesn't hit them right away in a match is because they have to wear down an opponent first. You self claim to be a Batista fan, so maybe you don't care but I just view it as a poor job of putting matches together and lately it has happened a little too frequently in WWE for my liking.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DaMegaFish" data-cite="DaMegaFish" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Fans like me are what killed piledrivers and ddts? Get out of here with that noise. Did you even watch the match? The people who killed those moves are wrestlers who started using them as more just medium level type moves in favor of more flashy finishers/moves. That's the business. There was a time when THE SLEEPER hold was an effective move lets not forget.<p> </p><p> I'm not talking midcarders should go through finisher fest at the end of their matches, not at all. I'm saying Del Rio, somebody who at this point should probably be portrayed as a decent threat seeing as he won the largest Rumble in WWE history, and has been a multiple time champion shouldn't be made to look like a scrub who after dominating and dishing out almost full offense for a match and then gets beat after two quick moves. That hurts Del Rio's credibility, which in turn hurts Batistas win too, nobody comes out looking better. I look at finisher moves as bigger hitting moves, not knock outs, just bigger hitting moves and the only reason a wrestler doesn't hit them right away in a match is because they have to wear down an opponent first. You self claim to be a Batista fan, so maybe you don't care but I just view it as a poor job of putting matches together and lately it has happened a little too frequently in WWE for my liking.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> You deflected my point completely, congrats. No, your logic is that people should always kick out of someone's finisher if they're trying to put on a good match since you want that person to look on par with the other person. Well the 90's logic was "nobody kicks out of my finisher so why don't I use someone else's finisher?" </p><p> </p><p> Do you not notice the correlation of people trying to get a pop out of the crowd by performing moves instead of trying to tell a story of why you're performing these moves which is what wrestling is? Cena/Orton did the whole kickout of their finishing moves/perform their opponents finishing move spots at the Rumble this year. I called half of their spots, they can't tell stories. Every match they do is the exact same except the finish.</p><p> </p><p> Ryback had Big Show kickout of his Shellshock a little while ago on Raw. Really did wonders for both men didn't it? Shouldn't wrestling psychology say that Big men falling from high places=more pain. Instead it completely buried a guy who was on a verge of being the next John Cena just a year earlier.</p><p> </p><p> All I'm reiterating is stuff Jericho said on his podcast and stuff Scott Hall talked with Meltzer over on his radio show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="delv213" data-cite="delv213" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't know what people haven't understood, it's a U.S launch only for now followed by a U.K, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and Nordics launch later this year/early 2015. If your from Brazil like you say you are, you're going to have troubles using their servers for the simple reason of it being restricted to people living with the United States.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Normally though there are things you can do to get around that issue. Like lots of people who aren't from the US watch US Netflix or even people from US watch the UK one.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="delv213" data-cite="delv213" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You deflected my point completely, congrats. No, your logic is that people should always kick out of someone's finisher if they're trying to put on a good match since you want that person to look on par with the other person. Well the 90's logic was "nobody kicks out of my finisher so why don't I use someone else's finisher?" <p> </p><p> Do you not notice the correlation of people trying to get a pop out of the crowd by performing moves instead of trying to tell a story of why you're performing these moves which is what wrestling is? Cena/Orton did the whole kickout of their finishing moves/perform their opponents finishing move spots at the Rumble this year. I called half of their spots, they can't tell stories. Every match they do is the exact same except the finish.</p><p> </p><p> Ryback had Big Show kickout of his Shellshock a little while ago on Raw. Really did wonders for both men didn't it? Shouldn't wrestling psychology say that Big men falling from high places=more pain. Instead it completely buried a guy who was on a verge of being the next John Cena just a year earlier.</p><p> </p><p> All I'm reiterating is stuff Jericho said on his podcast and stuff Scott Hall talked with Meltzer over on his radio show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> Agreed, if someone wants to watch an exciting finish without over usage of the finisher they should watch Steamboat/Savage WM3.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="christmas_ape" data-cite="christmas_ape" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Normally though there are things you can do to get around that issue. Like lots of people who aren't from the US watch US Netflix or even people from US watch the UK one.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Depends on the servers used, I'm pretty sure WWE's using the same guys that Major League Baseball use for their stream service(below) and as we all know Baseball has a strict blackout system for Sports Teams because of their regional television deals. So enforcing a restrict U.S only rule shouldn't be a problem. WWE's also doing this because it would violate their terms and conditions with television distributors outside the U.S when the live stream is going. For example: Raw's feed can't show the USA network logo on any content for any resident living in Canada for two legal reasons since the USA network isn't a cable network here and has no distribution license in Canada and 2. The Score/Rogers has a exclusive rights deal with the WWE. Rogers could then sue both the USA network and Raw for violations against their contract agreement.</p><p> </p><p> WWE's using MLB's stream providers:</p><p> Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM)</p>

<p>Backstage pass of RAW is interesting. I didn't see the pre-show, going to try next week.</p><p> </p><p>

Just seems that it should all be part of the normal show, it's that interesting, with injury reports, continuation of story's that happened at the end of the night, etc. It's all done in that same excellent quality as the normal RAW show.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="delv213" data-cite="delv213" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>You deflected my point completely, congrats. No, your logic is that people should always kick out of someone's finisher if they're trying to put on a good match since you want that person to look on par with the other person. </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ooh thats my logic? That's not what I said at all. I just simply said (and not in these exact words) that if you dominate for 10 minutes, you shouldn't take 2 moves and be pinned that quickly. It makes you look extremely weak. I'm not saying that everybody should kick out of every finisher, and I stated that clearly in my last post so I don't understand where you are picking that up from. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Do you not notice the correlation of people trying to get a pop out of the crowd by performing moves instead of trying to tell a story of why you're performing these moves which is what wrestling is? Cena/Orton did the whole kickout of their finishing moves/perform their opponents finishing move spots at the Rumble this year. I called half of their spots, they can't tell stories. Every match they do is the exact same except the finish.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> No, I do notice it. Last year at Payback one of the best stories was told in a match that I've seen in a long time between Del Rio and Ziggler, excellent story telling. I completely understand that not everybody should be kicking out of finishers on a regular basis, but top level guys shouldn't be downed like bottom level guys so easily. Not if you're trying to establish Batista as a real threat being back. I'm not going to argue with you about John Cena or Randy Ortons ability to tell stories in the ring either, that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic. </p><p> </p><p> Allow me to turn the tables a bit on you here for a moment, looking back at Batista and Del Rio, do you think the story told during there match was a good one and effective? Just naturally curious. My point was I didn't think it was a good story told because I don't think either wrestler came out ahead because Del Rio was made to look like a punk which means Batista doesn't really gain much by beating him, at least that is how I see it.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Ryback had Big Show kickout of his Shellshock a little while ago on Raw. Really did wonders for both men didn't it? Shouldn't wrestling psychology say that Big men falling from high places=more pain. Instead it completely buried a guy who was on a verge of being the next John Cena just a year earlier.</div></blockquote><p> A little while ago? Sorry I don't catch every episode of RAW, and sometimes I just let it play as background noise until something I like catches my eye so I don't recall this...that being said, if it was recent I think you are off point. Ryback isn't considered a threat anymore and it isn't because Big Show kicked out of his finisher, its because he lost a lot of PPV matches to the point where it was hard to take him seriously...among other things. There has been a lot more to the fall of Ryback than a kick out of his finisher. I will say that this match probably had both men picking up offense, and if that was the case then I do agree that the kick out is stupid. </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>All I'm reiterating is stuff Jericho said on his podcast and stuff Scott Hall talked with Meltzer over on his radio show.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Cool? I respect both of them but I don't really listen to a bunch of podcast or anything either, and I'm not just going to take your word for it. The whole reason I am making this post is because I think you have shoddy comprehension skills since you seem to have my point so far misplaced, so I am not sure I buy in to your reiteration of a podcast. Also, please stop using the "I listened to a podcast" or "Meltzer said this" thing constantly. Trying to prove your points by a quoting a dirt sheet writer and listening to podcast of wrestlers, who are known to stretch the truth from time to time (I mean hey, they're entertainers, thats what they do) doesn't make you sound more knowledgeable. It makes you look like a pushy jackass who just wants to be right.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not going to keep arguing this with you, this is my final post on the subject. We obviously aren't getting anywhere. I will leave you with a final piece of advice however, and I do apologize if I come off as a bit rude in that last paragraph, because that's not typically the kind of community member I am, but, if you want to be accepted in to this community I suggest you stop being so pushy. You've been here less than a month and looking at your post history is very easy and very telling. Don't come in and attack community members who are well established here, it won't get you far. Most of the people here like wrestling and wrestling is awesome for sooo many different reasons for different people so just remember the age old wisdom that if you don't have anything nice to say, its best to say nothing at all.</p>

<p>The WWE booking did this to the finishing moves. They allowed too many people to kickout/escape finishing moves that it makes a wrestler appear weak if they cant do the same. Now all we get is overbooking and numerous finishers in an attempt to accomplish the same thing as the finisher was suppose to accomplish.</p><p> </p><p>

Personally, I prefer finishing move finishes over chair shot, run in, 3 finisher finishes.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="DaMegaFish" data-cite="DaMegaFish" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> Cool? I respect both of them but I don't really listen to a bunch of podcast or anything either, and I'm not just going to take your word for it. The whole reason I am making this post is because I think you have shoddy comprehension skills since you seem to have my point so far misplaced, so I am not sure I buy in to your reiteration of a podcast. Also, please stop using the "I listened to a podcast" or "Meltzer said this" thing constantly. Trying to prove your points by a quoting a dirt sheet writer and listening to podcast of wrestlers, who are known to stretch the truth from time to time (I mean hey, they're entertainers, thats what they do) doesn't make you sound more knowledgeable. It makes you look like a pushy jackass who just wants to be right.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When someone tells me to not listen to wrestlers opinions on wrestling because they stretch the truth because they're in the working the people business like everyone, especially to a certain degree, in the world is mind you, I think that's when you pull that gun out and shoot your brains out. I like intellectualizing battling with other people on wrestling matters because it's great. Hell, why would one even state an opinion on the internet if they didn't want praise or a negative response from it? That's quite redundant logic. I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to be someone who states their opinion and isn't afraid to say something bothers them when they read it, isn't that why people post for a response to something? I applaud you for standing and taking up the initiative of stating your opinion about me. Even If I largely disagree with the sentiments of what you just said.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="jbergey_2005" data-cite="jbergey_2005" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The WWE booking did this to the finishing moves. They allowed too many people to kickout/escape finishing moves that it makes a wrestler appear weak if they cant do the same. Now all we get is overbooking and numerous finishers in an attempt to accomplish the same thing as the finisher was suppose to accomplish.<p> </p><p> Personally, I prefer finishing move finishes over chair shot, run in, 3 finisher finishes.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Completely agree. I hate the chair shot finish more then ever now especially considering they can only hit them over the back. Does the chair shot paralyze them so they can't kickout now lol? The reasoning why hand protected chair shots to the head isn't allowed, but the fact you can still hit anyone with any different weapon to the head is allowed, I'll never know.</p>

<p>So if I'm understanding correctly you're saying that you'll take a wrestlers opinion over anyone else because they're a wrestler. So what happens when wrestlers have different opinions? I mean do you think every wrestler agrees with each other? I missed a lot of the actual argument and I'm too tired to go back but from what I saw you were basically saying that you'll take the opinion of a wrestler over just a regular person. </p><p> </p><p>

So if me and my friend work at McDonalds and a customer who doesn't work there notices something I'm doing wrong or right and my co worker disagrees then that makes my co worker right because he knows the ins and outs of McDonalds? Or what about Vince McMahon I mean my god he essentially created the way that we view wrestling today and since what we see on television is his vision wouldn't that mean he's right and people that aren't in the business are wrong? </p><p> </p><p>

Its faulty logic to say that someone is right just because they are a wrestler and someone else isn't or even to say that you'll take their opinion over someone elses. Wrestlers have vested interests just like any other normal human being. Maybe they have an ax to grind, maybe they are looking to their next paycheck, are maybe just like with everything else in life what one person in this case a wrestler sees is different than an entirely different person. </p><p> </p><p>

Ryback never in the history of this earth was close to being the "next John Cena". He was over but Daniel Bryan is a lot closer to being "the next John Cena' than Ryback and DB is nowhere close. I don't think people understand just who John Cena is and how much money he has made/makes them. John Cena is in rarified air with the likes of Austin and Hogan as far as how important he is to the company. Ryback had a winning streak for a while and beat some jobbers on Smackdown. Not quite the same thing. </p><p> </p><p>

Also this whole talk of Batista beating Del Rio handeldly or what not doesn't help anyone is faulty logic as well. Pro wrestling was BUILT on guys beating up punks. How many "monsters" were made and how many babyfaces were made to look like a million bucks by plowing through lines of jobbers? Del Rio is clearly never going to see the light of the Main Event again and he's on his way out the door this summer. He's the perfect guy to leech overness off of. Now the match doesn't work for a million reasons but the reasons stated aren't true at all. </p><p> </p><p>

On a side note it wasn't fans that killed the piledrivers it was Owen Hart breaking Steve Austin's neck with it, it was D Lo brown delivering a running powerbomb (similar to a piledriver) and breaking Droz's neck. Its an incredibly dangerous move and there is no need for risk like that. The DDT has been a regular move for two decades outside of Jake Roberts. There are countless finishes that are still over. the AA, The GTS (god I hate that move). etc. Its an easy rule. If YOU'RE over your finish is over its that simple. CM Punk could hit a 100 GTS' in one night and the move would still be over. The Big Show got a punch over. The most basic move in pro wrestling. John Cena made the STF a lights out finish for a global audience. I could give a million examples.</p><p> </p><p>

Wrestling fans have short memories. Did Issac Yankem kill that guys career? Did the Spirit Squad kill Dolph Ziggler? Did The Ringmaster kill Steve Austin? Did Oz kill Kevin Nash? Did Deacon Batista kill his career? The list goes on and on and on. No wrestling fan thinks back and says "oh I'm not going to cheer this guys finish" or "oh his finisher is weak now because someone kicked out of it". Wrestling fans have to be an adaptive bunch. If we stopped cheering something or someone everytime we saw them do/get involved with something stupid we would have nobody and nothing left to cheer for. You look at the situation and you say 'that was silly' and then you cheer like crazy for the guy/move/whatever the next time you see it. I could give a million examples of this. </p><p> </p><p>

You're a very hyperbolic individual. Fire is bad and water is good, everything is black and white with you. Saying Big Show kicking out of a finish killed a guy's push to becoming the next John Cena is as ludicrous as people saying CM Punk is this generation's best worker.</p>