The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Didn't Lana look friggin fantastic in that outfit? That's all I could think about during that segment, woooh. But yeah, I could care less about The Rock, I love the catchphrases but I feel quite embarrassed watching his segments. His jokes remind me of those really bad Adam Sandler movies.

Really? I'd tend to call it monday night rAwful

Everything Ambrose and Rollins do is great, I really really like Rusev as a worker even if the anti-america thing is played. The rest though is painfully boring even when you have a quality 6 man with 6 great wrestlers nothing matters and all they do is repeat the matches anyways.

Didn't Lana look friggin fantastic in that outfit? That's all I could think about during that segment, woooh. But yeah, I could care less about The Rock, I love the catchphrases but I feel quite embarrassed watching his segments. His jokes remind me of those really bad Adam Sandler movies.

Couldn't* care less :mad::mad:

:p

Raw Review:

The Great - Rusev, Lana & The Rock! I'm so glad it wasn't spoiled for me because I marked out hard. For that I can forgive the juvenile material. I hope we get a short feud before Rock films his next movie but I doubt it.

The Good - Ambrose segments. Wyatt Family promos. Hunter trolling Cena. Dust Bros & Cesaro vs Ziggler & The Usos (Triple Superkick was cool). Miz vs Sheamus (Mizdow is more over both those guys!)

The OK - Dallas vs Henry. Brie vs Summer. Kidd vs Swagger. Paige & Fox vs AJ & Emma. Cena vs Rollins, Orton & Kane.

The Bad - Guest Stars & Adam Rose segment. El Torito vs HornGator.

Verdict: Above average Raw compared to everything post-SummerSlam thanks to Ambrose, The Rock, Mizdow and the Brooklyn crowd.

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/tt88/milamber/10408898_10152447809042677_4075708306030975021_n_zps8eeb2e9e.jpghttp://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/10684055_1535182810052169_1828071709_a.jpg

Daniel Bryan had to vacate the title because he wasn't going to be on TV due to injury.

So they give the belt to Brock Lesnar who reportedly won't be back on TV again until January because he just doesn't feel like it.

Makes perfect sense. :rolleyes:

It's not like WWE have many contenders for him, but I guess they could have rolled with it and turned that into a storyline. Some short sprints with Ziggler, Sheamus and/or Cesaro would have been fun. But yeah, I think Lesnar defending the title every month was always going to be an optimistic thought, especially given his limited dates and rumoured ill health.

Just watched Ambrose's hot dog cart attack. I'm convinced that if they keep going this route, Ambrose and Rollins can become the next Austin and Rock.

I felt like they hit us over the head a little bit with the Stone Cold/Ambrose connection with that angle. I mean Ambrose essentially did a classic, patented signature attitude era "Show up (usually in a vehicle of some kind) and trash the place" angle that Stone Cold made famous. I'm not complaining, I just don't want to see Ambrose saddled with constantly being compared to the Stone Cold archetype. I like Dean Ambrose because he's different not because he reminds me so much of something i've already seen. Expand on what makes him cool and interesting not what reminds us of a retired legend.

Jut my opinion. Throwing it out there. That said it's pretty tough to criticize WWE booking when it comes specifically to that angle. Ambrose/Rollins has gone on now since June. June. Week in week out. Sure Ambrose was out there a bit but Rollins kept the heat going on his own for a few weeks. But seriously when is the last time a feud has been good for longer than a few weeks let alone several months? Pretty cool stuff.

It's not like WWE have many contenders for him, but I guess they could have rolled with it and turned that into a storyline. Some short sprints with Ziggler, Sheamus and/or Cesaro would have been fun. But yeah, I think Lesnar defending the title every month was always going to be an optimistic thought, especially given his limited dates and rumoured ill health.

I'd like to think they are doing it on purpose to get more heat on Lesnar, then swerve us with a surprise appearance on Raw to setup a PPV, maybe TLC or the Rumble. More likely Vince wants to save money.

But like you said, there's nothing for him right now but you could throw anyone decent at him (Cesaro or Orton after turning face, Sheamus, Ziggler or Ambrose) and the loss wouldn't hurt them. In fact, being in the main event with the Beast who destroyed Undertaker and Cena would elevate them.

The Usos on 3? Really? Was in a Samoan show? :p

As for Ambrose: he's a significantly different character compared to Austin. But I see the similarities (Austin's 4x4 attacks). But why not compare to Milk-o-Mania and the milk truck incident. :p

And comparing Rollins to Rock is laughable, but you're of course referring to the Rock-and-Austin-connection (or was it... nvm), and that's definitely present here.

The Usos on 3? Really? Was in a Samoan show? :p

As for Ambrose: he's a significantly different character compared to Austin. But I see the similarities (Austin's 4x4 attacks). But why not compare to Milk-o-Mania and the milk truck incident. :p

And comparing Rollins to Rock is laughable, but you're of course referring to the Rock-and-Austin-connection (or was it... nvm), and that's definitely present here.

I think it's the whole thing with the corporate sellout like Rock was the figurehead champion (MitB holder, whatever) in Vince's Corporation and was Austin's primary enemy in that group. It's kind of similar, but yeah Rollins and the Rock have almost no similarities on the surface.

Ambrose, Rollins, and MizDow are the only reasons I tune in to RAW.

I'm really diggin' Ambrose lately he reminds me a lot of Roddy Piper in his mannerisms. His actions get chuckles out of me as well ("What? It's for charity!" *throws bucket are Rollins*)

I AM annoyed that their supposedly separating the Wyatt Family already (Way too soon,imo) and if the dirt sheets are to be believed, Bray Wyatt is slated for a face turn soon which I am 50/50 over. Still at this point a face turn couldn't hurt the guy's momentum any more as it's pretty much dead in the water as is.

On the whole lately, WWE for me is just unsatisfying, Sure there are bright spots, but the entire thing just leaves me going 'meh'. Though I put that squarely on the shoulders of WWE Creative. I say that because last I heard a good majority of them were 'TV People'(and soap opera people at that) and NOT wrestling people and outside The Blacklist and NFL Football I do NOT watch TV at all. Granted all things run through Vinny Mac and I lay my current dissatisfaction with the product at his feet as well. My solution is simple, fire the 'tv people' in creative and get some 'wrestling people' in their seats. If the NXT stlye of things is what we have to look forward to with HHH/Steph in power, I say bring it on because I couldn't be more unenthused about the product as it is. And no I don't think a return to 'attitude' is something that would help any at the moment.

Yeesh, ranted a bit more than I expected. Ah well. My two cents as it were. Take it or leave it.

I AM annoyed that their supposedly separating the Wyatt Family already (Way too soon,imo) and if the dirt sheets are to be believed, Bray Wyatt is slated for a face turn soon which I am 50/50 over. Still at this point a face turn couldn't hurt the guy's momentum any more as it's pretty much dead in the water as is.

Now I can't remember where he said it, but I remember Jim Ross making the suggestion that Bray making a face turn could be in the vein of men like Bugsy McGraw or Dusty Rhodes, where a man without the "traditional babyface" look can get over huge with the crowd as a face. Personally, I agree, it's not like he's been getting heat with the crowd to begin with and he's just so delightfully bizarre and deranged that I would actually rather see him feud with the heels.

I don't exactly have much of an opinion on the other two as I don't really feel like I've seen enough of them standing on their own to judge if this is a good idea or not.

Ambrose reminds me more of Bryan Pillman. In a good way.

He reminds me of the classic "loose cannon" in every good way. I didn't mean to compare him to Austin character-wise. Hell, when I look at him I see what happens when you toss Piper, Pillman and Ledger's Joker into a blender.

The rumor I read was that Harper and Rowan weren't turning on Bray, but just being "set free" to accomplish things on their own and Bray will bring in two new members of the Family. Supposedly the Ascension.

Marc Middleton said this though, so take it with a grain of salt.