The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Yeah I get that, but why Kane? Do they think it would add to Crews' credibility by have him eliminate Kane? I for one am not any more invested in Apollo Crews after last night.

Think about this for a sec....Kane is a two time former world champ and has been on the roster 20+ years. It gives a midcarder instant credibility when they go over someone with his resume. If his last world title reign was sooner than 6 years ago it would have meant a lot more but yeah it appears they are trying to turn chicken salad out of chicken....

Now if it were me personally I would have jobbed Kane off to the roster about 3 years ago but that is just me personally. I even mentioned it would have been better to sub Erik Rowan in that spot that Kane was in because the guy needs more than just being the white sheep of the Wyatts. Kane is in the twilight of his career and his usefulness is about dried up as of now. The fact that his body has not completely broken down on him is amazing for a man his size but I think him just teaching guys on house shows is the best place for him before retirement.

That women's segment looked so forced...I like the draft concept but it has been executed poorly, which means WWE Style. But it has potential and once both brands are set this could be very good. Some differences are already visible. And heck, when was the last time I watched Smackdown for the value of Smackdown itself? Hope this keeps evolving well.

It might be the start of title inflation, but the women really need something tangible to fight for. Either the women's title need to float and be contested cross-brand at least on the PPVs, or they need their own Smackdown Women's Champions title. Same thing for tag teams. Otherwise the tag team division will consist of American Alpha beating up the Vaudevillains or the Ascension once a week.

Am I the only one who wants to see a Ziggler vs Styles feud? Just by seeing that dam Super kicki need to these 2 in a match and steal the show

I think it's even pretty likely. With the personality AJ is developing now on camera, he is probably feeling cheated of his title match now, thanks to Ziegler. I would be pretty keen on that feud as well.

Ziggler has no change in hell of winning the title off of Ambrose. THis is just a filler. Ambrose is having a nice run and he won't lose it until AJ Styles or Bray Wyatt most likely. WWE is just giving the fans what they want for once, which is a solid in ring performance. No one in the business outside of AJ Styles gives us as good of a match as Ziggler

Oh I know they are not going to take the title off Ambrose this soon, nor should they. I think the match will be a good one and I really hope that down the road he gets another run with the top title.

It might be the start of title inflation, but the women really need something tangible to fight for. Either the women's title need to float and be contested cross-brand at least on the PPVs, or they need their own Smackdown Women's Champions title. Same thing for tag teams. Otherwise the tag team division will consist of American Alpha beating up the Vaudevillains or the Ascension once a week.

I really hope they do the floating title(s) between brands. I could be an easy storyline between the two brands, where both want to have more titles than the other, but I have this feeling that there will be a new Women's and Tag Title for Smackdown once they build up both divisions so they are not so top heavy.

Doubt this is his last chance....it's a throw away match designed to put on a good show for the fans. Ambrose needs to get into a feud with someone but it needs to be built up. I see AJ Styles being the one who eventually feuds with Ambrose for the WWE Championship, but less than a month is not enough time to build it up.

<p>You guys need to check this out. Rock meets Pokemon Go to combine for the best video ever. Including vocals from the original Pokmeon Theme vocalist</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/6VaRZRUi78U?start=243&feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="POKEMON GO - NEW ROCK POKEMON?? with Ali-A and MatPat!"></iframe></div></div>

<p>Ric Flair on his Podcast:</p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> "If I'm looking at what's going to draw money, what I would pay to see, I would pay to see Dolph against Ambrose before I'd pay to see Finn Bálor against Seth Rollins, so I think it's phenomenal. I think Finn Bálor is great too. I just think you've got a legitimate heavyweight in Seth Rollins, a legitimate heavyweight in Roman Reigns, and I don't think we'll ever see the day, and I could be totally wrong, that a cruiserweight will ever main event a WrestleMania. And that's what you have to look at, I think, in the total picture of the [professional wrestling] business." Flair added, "he's of that [cruiserweight] size. I mean, if you look at the two of them side by side, he [has] got a great physique, gosh, but he's smaller. Yeah, I don't think he weighs 200 pounds."</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I wonder if he remembers Daniel Bryan winning the title? Or Rey Mysterio? Nothing against Flair, but he's terribly wrong. I'm not a huge Balor fan, but he's talented and the size restriction doesn't exist anymore.</p>

<p>I thought Ric would have an open mind. WOOOO. Can see his point, but nah. And like the poster above me says, it has been proven time and again that size is not everything. Was he trying to kiss some ass or is that a genuine opinion? I guess so, since he is not exactly putting over Finn Balor. </p><p> </p><p>

Can't say I'm all that enthusiastic for Dolph Ziggler getting a title shot. I'm not his biggest fan to begin with and with all the beatings he has received. Am I just supposed to forget them all since they have a brand split? They have their work to do and I need to actually watch Smackdown. It seems weird to hear that Dolph Ziggler will be getting a shot. Guess he can make Dean look good. I don't know.</p><p> </p><p>

I'd be paying for Rollins vs Balor > Dolph vs Ambrose. No doubt.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alan James" data-cite="Alan James" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought Ric would have an open mind. WOOOO. Can see his point, but nah. And like the poster above me says, it has been proven time and again that size is not everything. Was he trying to kiss some ass or is that a genuine opinion? I guess so, since he is not exactly putting over Finn Balor. <p> </p><p> Can't say I'm all that enthusiastic for Dolph Ziggler getting a title shot. I'm not his biggest fan to begin with and with all the beatings he has received. Am I just supposed to forget them all since they have a brand split? They have their work to do and I need to actually watch Smackdown. It seems weird to hear that Dolph Ziggler will be getting a shot. Guess he can make Dean look good. I don't know.</p><p> </p><p> I'd be paying for Rollins vs Balor > Dolph vs Ambrose. No doubt.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> When CM Punk first became Champ on his long title reign who was the first guy that was fed to him after Cena.....you guessed it Dolph Ziggler.</p>

Ummmm.. Isn't Ric Flair supposed to know about wrestling? A cruiserweight is a wrestler who is defined as weighing 220lb or less and Dolph Ziggler is 218lb, Seth Rollins is 217lb so the only Heavyweight of the 4 in these 2 matches is Dean Ambrose.... and only just, because he is 225lb.

Ummmm.. Isn't Ric Flair supposed to know about wrestling? A cruiserweight is a wrestler who is defined as weighing 220lb or less and Dolph Ziggler is 218lb, Seth Rollins is 217lb so the only Heavyweight of the 4 in these 2 matches is Dean Ambrose.... and only just, because he is 225lb.

In WWE Cruiserweight Classic you should be maximum 205 pounds (legit weight-ins) to participate, so...

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kn23m" data-cite="kn23m" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In WWE Cruiserweight Classic you should be maximum 205 pounds (legit weight-ins) to participate, so...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Historically, the weight limit has been between 220 -225. WCW's division allowed up to 220, and WWE's division actually went up to 225. The 205 pound limit is a new one for this year's cruiserweight tournament.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="kn23m" data-cite="kn23m" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In WWE Cruiserweight Classic you should be maximum 205 pounds (legit weight-ins) to participate, so...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah the WWE Cruiserweight Classic may have a different weight limit but in Wrestling Cruiserweight is any wrestler 220lb making (officially) those people I mentioned Cruiserweights.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Alan James" data-cite="Alan James" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25169" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought Ric would have an open mind. WOOOO. Can see his point, but nah. And like the poster above me says, it has been proven time and again that size is not everything. Was he trying to kiss some ass or is that a genuine opinion? I guess so, since he is not exactly putting over Finn Balor. <p> </p><p> Can't say I'm all that enthusiastic for Dolph Ziggler getting a title shot. I'm not his biggest fan to begin with and with all the beatings he has received. Am I just supposed to forget them all since they have a brand split? They have their work to do and I need to actually watch Smackdown. It seems weird to hear that Dolph Ziggler will be getting a shot. Guess he can make Dean look good. I don't know.</p><p> </p><p> I'd be paying for Rollins vs Balor > Dolph vs Ambrose. No doubt.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> It's for those that do like him, not those that don't. In all honesty, if you really, really, like a superstar, it won't ever matter. They could lose for three years straight, but if they have a huge internet fanbase (or children, or women, etc.), seeing them go for something big will still be a treat.</p><p> </p><p> For someone that is a fan, if he win's it will be great, WWE finally is coming through and 'giving him a push'. For someone that doesn't, they will probably bring up all the times he lost, and how this doesn't make any sense and they cannot buy into him as a legit champion. It's wrestling, it's predetermined, and because it is predetermined, it's the only reason someone could actually say "how can anyone buy into it?" IF it was real, it would just be an upset.</p>