The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

6 minutes ago, Matt_Black said:

Bobby Heenan: "And then he can do us a favor and not come back!"

Exactly how I felt about Bray and his Ultimate Warrior-like promos early on. Or when I found Sami annoying and felt his push was undeserved. But if they are booking for one person, it’s certainly not me.

• Like 1

Well, argumenting any further seems to be meaningless now that we're roleplaying. 

Moving on, I'm really excited to figure what's next for Cody. I'd wager Orton turns heel sooner rather than later for a summer program. SD's main eventers are all babyfaces right now.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dawn said:

Well, argumenting any further seems to be meaningless now that we're roleplaying. 

Moving on, I'm really excited to figure what's next for Cody. I'd wager Orton turns heel sooner rather than later for a summer program. SD's main eventers are all babyfaces right now.

Could a failed attempt at the title turn LA Knight? Orton is definitely the most logical candidate. I still think AJ will find his way in there after that interaction with Aldis.

Edited by CQI13

15 minutes ago, CQI13 said:

Could a failed attempt at the title turn LA Knight? Orton is definitely the most logical candidate. I still think AJ will find his way in there after that interaction with Aldis.

I think the logical direction with AJ is paying off the WWE side to this TNA partnership.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dawn said:

I think the logical direction with AJ is paying off the WWE side to this TNA partnership.

So AJ vs Moose? I could get behind that. Shame that their streaming is overpriced if you don’t want to wait 30 days for the PPVs.

Think LA Knight will dethrone Logan Paul at SummerSlam, and while he definitely is major title-caliber, at the moment I won't mind see him making a memorable run as US Champ.

Babyface Cody vs Heel-turned Randy could be for the ages imo! They have a background, a story to tell and skills to deliver it. I could see Randy winning the title in a sneaky way so Cody could chase a bit, stretching their rivalry for 6 months, and winning the strap again.

As Dawn said, SmackDown has no top heels atm.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CQI13 said:

Mark Henry...I mean AJ Styles suddenly betraying John Cena...I mean Cody Rhodes, after faking retirement.

Not even mad about it.

Gallows & Anderson job security is the stuff of dreams.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dawn said:

Yeah you guys were right, I hate Logan Paul now.

GO3OH34WUAIc6_a[1].png

If it makes a difference, his first viewing of Interstellar resulted in the same opinion. Upon a second viewing, it has become one of his favorite movies. 

11 hours ago, PaperMachete said:

Thought it was a fun episode of Smackdown. The Styles "retirement" felt obvious but it was fun nonetheless. Do we get more of Anderson and Gallows on TV now?

They have been in NXT recently, no? I don’t see the appeal as they are currently presented. Don’t see the appeal of Mia Yim either.

1 hour ago, PaperMachete said:

It's more of a joke considering how s------ he's treating Otis, Maxxine and Tozawa 😊

That's excellent then! Gable as a character has been a jerk, but MAN is he a good performer 

• Like 1

Did you hear that pop for Otis? It's working.

Anyway, I am watching NXT because there are rumors that a certain TNA performer might show up (especially if you believe and say his name), and I caught the one commercial for NXT mercha, and it's just adorable that someone in the WWE thinks that they're going to get Brian Pillman Junior over enough to sell a shirt.

Ludwig vs Sheamus was a great match! I like Kaiser a lot, his wrestling style and his charisma are really promising, hope he wins this rivalry against Sheamus and get a nice push.

Not a bad episode but Raw lacks star power atm: no Punk, no Rollins, no Rhea, Becky gone.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Let's hope that Priest hasn't badly injured his ankle, otherwise they'll regret not switching the title to Drew. I don't mind him not winning, as he and Punk are going to trade wins when Punk is fit, and don't want the title passed back and forth. But if Priest injured I can't think of a solution better than just having Drew win at Clash (totally accept a) he may not be injured, and b) even if he is injured, he wouldn't know how bad it was).

Even if he is hurt there’s enough time between now and summerslam he could probably heal up or at least be good to get through a match and drop the title to Gunther. I thought it was a good show all around though with the women’s tag title match being the only underwhelming match. 

1 hour ago, guyver3 said:

Even if he is hurt there’s enough time between now and summerslam he could probably heal up or at least be good to get through a match and drop the title to Gunther. I thought it was a good show all around though with the women’s tag title match being the only underwhelming match. 

Even that match had really strong beginning and ending portions. Just that middle chunk was shock full of botches, good god. Glad the witches finally got a big win at least, they're up there in my current favorites, outlandish gimmicks are my jam in wrestling and it kills me that they never went all the way with the angle that the titles are/were cursed.