The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

If I'm Vince I'm going to sit back and let Punk's contract run out. Its like with Albert Pujols. People SAY he's the best in the world at what he does. However if you wait until the contract's up you can look at it evenly.

In Punk's case are the tv ratings up? (so far no), are the ppv buys for the "Cm Punk PPV" up? (we'll see). If CM Punk doesn't move the needle than some Boston fans who much like New York fans are usually pretty "smart". Chanting his name over and over isn't going to do much.

If people really want this to be more than a fun two week story then buy the pay per view. Its exactly like Aries said at DX. If you're a fan of this buy it and support it. Streaming it and downloading it isn't going to convince anyone that matters that CM Punk is even worth it.

Also if CM Punk leaves for more than a month, TWO at tops then this angle is dead in the water. He can't come back in the winter time and just pick up where he left off with this. The momentum is dead.

Not too mention there is virtually no way its not Cena vs. Rock at Wrestlemania. Its simple, its two very house hold names and its going to print its own money. So whatever this is with Punk and Cena has to be wrapped up by then and if Punk doesn't come back until the winter they're going to be in full Wrestlemania hype mode leaving Punk to do battle with any number of people that aren't nearly as captivating as what he's doing now.

The only way this thing translates into anything is if Punk sticks around. Again though TV ratings were down last week, if they're down again this week and the pay per view bombs then what? I'll tell you what people are going to say "Rome wasn't built in a day and these things take time". Although those same people are the people shouting from rooftops that CM Punk has made himself the new Austin. Once again the internet community is starving and being teased with another attitude era. Just like last year with Nexus and just like when Joey Styles "quit" and they created ECW again letting Paul E and Styles and JBL get all shooty. At the end of the day these things last a month and then they go back to Super Cena and his merry band of friends.

Remember in 2005 when ECW got their own pay per view and a year later when they got their own show? Its because in 2005 their Rise and Fall DVD broke DVD sales records. It showed the people who actually like to make a profit that people wanted to see ECW and were interested on spending money on that product. In order for Punk to be anything more than Cena's opponent of the month he's got to show the same thing. He's been given more leeway than possibly anyone in HISTORY as far as saying the personal things he's gotten to say. If it doesn't translate into large piles of money for the company then why do it? So that us internet fans that watch the show anyway can be happy? Maybe this will be a big deal but so far the only evidence it is a big deal is by fans in Boston and a bunch of attitude era superstars tweeting. Money talks.

I don't really know if Colt Cabana is locked up in a contract somewhere, but I'm kind of expecting him to show up during the Cena/Punk match and screw Cena out of the belt.

I actually am not really familiar with Cabana, I've heard of him and all but Punk has kind of got him over with the way he mentions him as a talented guy who got kicked to the curb by Vince.

I dunno, maybe I'm just spit balling, but I'm almost expecting a Kevin Nash, Scott Hall type deal with these two guys pissed off at the 'E and also in possession of the World Title screwing things up.

I really expect Cena to win. I'd love for there to be some sort of surprise with Punk winning, but I don't think it'll happen.

Yeah, that's definitely the most likely thing to happen. And to be honest, I really wouldn't be that upset about it unless it ended the entire storyline right there. That would just be so repetitive, I like the idea mentioned earlier of someone cashing in on Cena and Vince saying he was replacing him with a new star.

I really think that CM Punk is out there and just doing Alberto Del Rio's job for him. He's going to create so much heat on Del Rio when Del Rio wins this thing. I'd also say there is a very good chance this storyline ends Sunday night. Maybe they try and revive it a few months from now but they're just barely getting it right as we speak. In a few months they'll remember who they are and this thing will having people wishing it would have ended this Sunday.

Remember last years Nexus storyline? Then remember the John Cena joins Nexus storyline? Both had potential but after a month or two they were both awful.

Cena beats Punk and sends him packing; the storyline is over - 10/1

Punk beats Cena but an MitB winner cashes in on Punk and beats him for the title; the storyline is over - 10/1

Punk beats Cena but an MitB winner cashes in on Punk and beats him for the title; the storyline continues in some form - 6/1

Punk beats Cena, an MitB winner cashes in on Punk but Punk beats him, only for the other MitB winner to cash in on Punk and beat him for the title; the storyline is over - 25/1

Punk beats Cena, an MitB winner cashes in on Punk but Punk beats him, only for the other MitB winner to cash in on Punk and beat him for the title; the storyline continues in some form - 15/1

Punk beats Cena with help from Vince; the two align to feud with Cena - 100/1

Punk manages to walk out of the PPV as the champion, in whatever fashion, and takes the title with him to keep the storyline going - 50/1

I'll take bets in all currencies (not really)

You forgot: CM Punk wins, maybe due to Colt Cabana interference, and then Vince tries and tries to get CM Punk to sign a new contract to keep the title in WWE. Maybe he agrees to resign after a few weeks of begging. His conditions could be only if Cabana gets signed to? :cool:

It can go so many different ways

Cena beats Punk and sends him packing; the storyline is over - 10/1

Punk beats Cena but an MitB winner cashes in on Punk and beats him for the title; the storyline is over - 10/1

Punk beats Cena but an MitB winner cashes in on Punk and beats him for the title; the storyline continues in some form - 6/1

Punk beats Cena, an MitB winner cashes in on Punk but Punk beats him, only for the other MitB winner to cash in on Punk and beat him for the title; the storyline is over - 25/1

Punk beats Cena, an MitB winner cashes in on Punk but Punk beats him, only for the other MitB winner to cash in on Punk and beat him for the title; the storyline continues in some form - 15/1

Punk beats Cena with help from Vince; the two align to feud with Cena - 100/1

Punk manages to walk out of the PPV as the champion, in whatever fashion, and takes the title with him to keep the storyline going - 50/1

I'll take bets in all currencies (not really)

Do you accept Bitcoin?

I'd love to see Punk actually make it out of Chicago with the belt, perhaps with Cabana distracting the MITB winner so Punk can leave before he can cash in so they don't just waste it, then show Punk going around the indys with the belt and Vince getting more furious each week until the MITB winner finally shows up at a ROH or FCW show Punk is on and cashes in beating him there for the title.

I can see Cena maybe taking a month or two off as part of the story then just reappearing as if nothing happened to take the title back from whoever beats Punk for it.

This is how I see Sundays Raw MITB and The Punk vs. Cena match going down...

Del Rio wins Money in the Bank.

Punk defeats Cena for the belt.

Del Rio cashes in Money In The Bank and defeats Punk.

John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio at Summerslam.

The John Cena vs. Alberto Del Rio match is the current plan for the WWE title match at SummerSlam that could have changed but I doubt it. So whether or not Cena wins (which he could) or Punk wins I am almost positive that the Del Rio Cena match will happen at SS no matter who has the title. It has been reported on numerous websites that this match is the planned WWE title match at SS and although I don't believe everything I read this makes a lot of sense. Even if they keep the title on Cena for one more month having him beat Punk at MITB I have a feeling that Del Rio will defeat Cena at Summer Slam if he cashes in The Money In The Bank.

Calling the current incarnation of the NWA title a 'World' title is to render the word meaningless.

Well Colt did bring the belt to Germany in March. Didn't defend it, but he had it with him.

Kinda selfishly hope Colt isn't a big part of this storyline. He's scheduled to be over in the UK mid-August and I'm really looking forward to it.