The Official WWE / NXT Discussion Thread *May Contain Spoilers*

Adam Ryland

Twitter comments from other wrestlers etc:

Kevin Nash: “MITB better than any mma ppv I’ve watched. Punk continues to gain my respect and Jay is the F**KIN man,WWE at it’s best”

Mick Foley: “I don’t think I’ve ever been jealous of a wrestler’s character before. Money, yes, character, no. @cmpunk has changed that. Damn. Damn!”

Steve Austin: “@CMPunk and @JohnCena had a big time pro wrestling match. I loved it. And I loved the finish. Congrats to both guys. Great stuff.”

“WOW!!! What a Tremendous reception for @CMPunk! That was a 10 out of 10. Hell Yeah!”

Trish Stratus: “What’s so wrong w/ leaving the company as champion, right @wweuniverse? Hehe! Great match-the ‘to be continued’ is what’s got me #mustseetv”

Sean Waltman: “That was f**king unbelievable. Glad I decided on a later flight in order to see that. Hats off to both guys and to WWE for doing it right. Now I can get on my flight a happy man. Thanks @CMPunk and @JohnCena . Thanks to Chicago for making that so electric. Best bldg in world.”

Seth Rollins: “We’re still a wrestling company and that was how professional wrestling is done.”

Joey Styles: “I can’t believe this. Our WWE Champion doesn’t work for WWE and John Cena is or will be fired. OMG! Holy Crap!”

Daniel Bryan winning the SD MitB was a surprise because I didn’t think they saw him on the level of even having a fluke World title win, so I think it’s a reasonable bet to make that Bryan becomes the first MitB winner to cash in and lose. Of course, that’s assuming he keeps the briefcase and they don’t simply have him lose to someone else down the road and he only won it here because they both wanted a surprise and wanted to get people in the mindset of expecting surprises in readiness for what they pull later in the night.

Henry/Show was about the right length and they put Henry over so strongly that it makes Orton’s title loss later on appear to be a short-term deal

ADR winning the Raw MitB was expected and set up one of the more predicted finishes in the main event, which almost happened.

Christian backdoors into the World title and just to make sure nobody even entertained the idea that this meant something positive, they have Christian get beaten up and laid out. See you in the Midcard, Christian. I wonder if they’ll have Daniel Bryan explain on SD why he didn’t cash in his briefcase here because it was the perfect time.

I’m impressed the writer of that sign spelt Muay Thai correctly.

Justin Roberts is terrible as a ring announcer. He comes off like he is trying way too hard to be this big, impressive speaker and it just doesn’t wash.

The main event was fantastic and had some hot near falls, although I felt the referee hurt it with the way he counted them; he counted like it was going to be a near fall rather than if it was going to be the actual fall, and you really need to do it like that to get the full drama. Go back and watch the counts in the last few Undertaker Wrestlemania matches, when they’re doing the super near falls, and you’ll see a big difference.

When Cena slugged Ace, I guarantee the entire locker room popped.

I give credit to WWE doing the finish they did, not because it's a great finish and probably the best one they could have done, but because it required stepping out of their comfort zone and doing something original and fresh, and they stayed the course despite the (overblown) negativity surrounding the Raw rating.

Haha! Damn! I am taken aback in so many ways, masterful PPV. Have a hard time settling down...

But on a side note, I don't think Bryan will cash in and fail. Fact of the matter is, the main-event spotlight needs new babyfaces, other than Cena, Orton, Rey and Kane. Only reason you see him failing now is because he hasn't been built up yet. Just like people saw The Miz losing because he's been dwarfed on a few occasions(while still climbing the figurative ladder.. no pun intended).

The rest of the year may be magical, with the building up of DB all the way to the fallout of the WWE title situation... and soon as next year comes in, we're gonna go overdrive with The Rock/Cena hype towards Mania. Good time to be a fan, I feel.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg740/scaled.php?tn=0&server=740&filename=b09zy.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

:p

I know your on the road a lot, but man stock up for your fridge.

What are those cans and bottle of in the bottom of the fridge below the pepsies?

Probable beer, he goes to bars but as we know he doesn't drink. he probable has it for guest.

bonus: he shops at target.

Is that a CM punk cup?

Same. In fact, its actually happened to me.

I wouldn't not, but then again, I'm not a wrestler. These guys do/tell far worse to each other on a regular basis in my opinion. It's one of those things that look out of place in wrestling.

That Punk-Cena match was all kinds of awesome. It had everything a big PPV match is expected to have: drama, excitement, good characters, lots of quality in the ring and an ending that got people up from their seats. I'm no fan of Cena, but my hat is off to his performance last night. Best match I've seen from him.

I wonder if they’ll have Daniel Bryan explain on SD why he didn’t cash in his briefcase here because it was the perfect time.

That is pretty fckin interesting, but my guess is Bryan wants a real match since real pro wrestling is his thing. I think him cashing it in and losing to Christian would not look that bad as long as it's not a sneak attack that ends with him losing. On SD have Bryan explain that he's challenging Christian straight up instead of catching him while he's down. Make the match close and lengthy. At the end, Orton botches an interference, and Christian manages to outsmart them all somehow. Could lead to a Bryan-Orton uppermidcard feud to end the summer while Christian gets in a few defences in preparation for Christian-Orton part 2.

I know your on the road a lot, but man stock up for your fridge.

Probable beer, he goes to bars but as we know he doesn't drink. he probable has it for guest.

bonus: he shops at target.

Is that a CM punk cup?

Looks like Canada Dry Ginger Ale to me? :confused:

A very trivial point in the wake of what happened last night, but I wonder if Punk stays true to his vow to change the appearance of the WWE Championship.

I hope they go back to the old title that JBL had, the one right before the spinner title. That's my personal favorite belt they've ever had.

Guys, also. We finally got we wanted. Excitement, right champions, great matches. I just woke up at 14.30PM :D

Buy stuff. Order stuff. Watch stuff. Buy DVD's (especially MitB, shirts, watch RAW & SD! if you're at the States, order PPV's. Let's make it clear this is what we want.

I dunno FIN. This was ONE event. If they basically "press rewind" on the whole thing and blow it, that message will be lost. I'm taking a wait & see approach (though I will buy the new CM Punk shirt design that comes out this week). One event isn't enough to get me to ante up given the history involved. How they follow up on this is going to determine a lot (at least for me).

Pepsi :D

What are those cans and bottle of in the bottom of the fridge below the pepsies?

Looks like Canada Dry Ginger Ale to me? :confused:

Exactly. Looks like a can of ginger ale and a can of Dr. Pepper/Mr. Pibb/or Dr. Brown's Cherry soda (they all have that burgundy motif).

And WC, I was just givin' you the business. I think the word you're looking for might be something like 'crackpot', 'crusader', 'activist', or something similar.

I thought that was a "Real" person at first, google'd and seen it's a nintendo character.

Someone make a Piston Honda character for one of the WWE games, and have punk defend the title on it, put it on youtube, and see what reactions you get, lol.

Have to be quick though, or your going to lose the momentum....

It gets worse for Sin Cara; not only was a failed steroid test, that he actually flunked in June, but he might not even be brought back.

Given the brouhaha given to Cara as the first new signing attributed to Triple H, I can see them washing their hands of him for failing a drug test so soon into his tenure. If they do bring him back, I would not be shocked for them to try and get him to quit over this, ie: push for him to unmask.

I wonder what this means for Averno.

I dunno FIN. This was ONE event. If they basically "press rewind" on the whole thing and blow it, that message will be lost. I'm taking a wait & see approach (though I will buy the new CM Punk shirt design that comes out this week). One event isn't enough to get me to ante up given the history involved. How they follow up on this is going to determine a lot (at least for me).

An event everyone thought they would flop. It doesn't even really matter that much where they go from here.

You know as well as anyone that money talks. Doing what Fin said to do, then all the sudden not doing it if they mess it up from here on out, speaks more then any words.

Just saying, I'm sure there is a Fin on many websights saying the same thing, and there is ultimately going to be a Remi as well, saying something like you did. People are influenced by both (you make them think to hard).

So it eventually evens out, and says absolutely nothing to WWE, in hindsight (after it's over).

And WC, I was just givin' you the business. I think the word you're looking for might be something like 'crackpot', 'crusader', 'activist', or something similar.

Yeah, those are the words I was trying to find last night! I just woke up, but I can remember last night thinking about what word I was trying to type "I want people to think that I'm.....not bad? No, it has something to do with....morals and annoying people". :p

Anyways, I am more than elated to have Daniel Bryan and Del Rio win MitB, plus Christian and CM Punk won the two World titles! It is everything an IWC fan can ask for!