The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

so.....was the title name change explained or just snuck in there? legends to global....

Eric Young renamed it the second Impact after BFG claiming he would only defend it against non Americans on non United States soil. How he got that power is anyones guess but thats the storyline for it atm.

Your schools might be underfunded, but all you need for high jump is 3 poles! Basically a mini version of your field goals for American football. You sure you didn't just miss your class that day? :p

ha, lol i wished they had a class like that i probably wouldn't of joined i was to busy playing fùtbol (soccer), swimming, track (did that for like 2 months and quit) and i tried cross country (run for like 2 1/2 miles) im sure there wasnt anything i was missing lol. my school didnt even have a real field to play on or practice till after i left but its still not actual size to play for competition. surprise no ones as excited as i am about black machismo open legends challenge....i also dont see y everyone says tna isn't entertaining i like almost every segment i usually watch almost all the segments and i barley skip any matches, out of that ppv only match i skipped was the lashley match... i think tna has some great segments and characters i actually miss a few like sharkboy and daniels character the spicy dude (forgot the name again lol im bad with names). i actually liked eric young more when he was acting like super eric now he just seems a lil dull to me but i still watch his segments atleast tna is trying to give people pushs and not shove them down r throat like wwe did with cena...i really cant remember the last time i watched a wwe match or even watched a whole show with out skipping or flipping the channel, to me tna has everything.

Your schools might be underfunded, but all you need for high jump is 3 poles! Basically a mini version of your field goals for American football. You sure you didn't just miss your class that day? :p

Major difference, Nedew.

High jump don't make money. Football does.

When I was doing track, the Cross Country team was treated like second class citizens. The other teams (high jump, broad jump, shot put, etc) were even lower than them. It was the short distancers that got to say 'I'm on the track team' even down to merchandising. Our sweat suits said 'Track Team' while the Cross Country (basically long distance track) got 'Cross Country' on theirs and the others got their specific niche of the team on their suits. That was only because short distances (sprinters, in common parlance) were the "sexier" events. Heck, the bowling team only got funding because several of the football, basketball, and baseball team players were on it (and the "meets" were often used as 'team building exercises' by the coaches).

Sad but it's the reality in many places here. If a sport doesn't support itself, it doesn't make itself immune to being cut. The same can be said for music programs here (which is why VH1's Save the Music Foundation was formed).

On topic: Mick is probably the only person on TNA's roster that has any appeal to mainstream entertainment outlets. Unless there's another multi-time World champion AND multi-time New York Times bestselling author on the payroll. If not for his recent issues, Kurt Angle could've (and might still be able to for London) gotten some press commentating Olympic wrestling events. Granted, it wouldn't be in prime time (Olympic and Greco-Roman wrestling aren't "sexy" after all) but it would garner some buzz.

Major difference, Nedew.

High jump don't make money. Football does.

When I was doing track, the Cross Country team was treated like second class citizens. The other teams (high jump, broad jump, shot put, etc) were even lower than them. It was the short distancers that got to say 'I'm on the track team' even down to merchandising. Our sweat suits said 'Track Team' while the Cross Country (basically long distance track) got 'Cross Country' on theirs and the others got their specific niche of the team on their suits. That was only because short distances (sprinters, in common parlance) were the "sexier" events. Heck, the bowling team only got funding because several of the football, basketball, and baseball team players were on it (and the "meets" were often used as 'team building exercises' by the coaches).

Sad but it's the reality in many places here. If a sport doesn't support itself, it doesn't make itself immune to being cut. The same can be said for music programs here (which is why VH1's Save the Music Foundation was formed).

On topic: Mick is probably the only person on TNA's roster that has any appeal to mainstream entertainment outlets. Unless there's another multi-time World champion AND multi-time New York Times bestselling author on the payroll. If not for his recent issues, Kurt Angle could've (and might still be able to for London) gotten some press commentating Olympic wrestling events. Granted, it wouldn't be in prime time (Olympic and Greco-Roman wrestling aren't "sexy" after all) but it would garner some buzz.

man u hit it right on the button both things lol but hey not everyone is good as mick is on the mic i think him and the rock is true comedians if they wanted to be they could make it in that business.

Psycho Sid Promotions, an entity affiliated with multi-time world champion Sid Vicious, is claiming that he is headed to TNA Wrestling.

The following announcement was issued this past week: The Return of the Master and Ruler of the World "Psycho" Sid Vicious is coming to TNA Wrestling! Spike TV Thursday Nights! We warned WWE that this would Happen. Never say Never! Stay Tuned -Psycho Sid Promotions

Furthermore, the official MySpace account of Psycho Sid Promotions (myspace.com/PsychoSidPromotions) had a large TNA logo displayed with the caption reading "Never Say Never." However, the logo is no longer being displayed due to its bandwidth being exceeded.

The UK sun has an article up linking Sid Vicious with TNA on the basis of him putting a TNA sign on his facebook/myspace/whatever with the subtitle never say never. I hope it stays Never, although I have a soft spot for big men etc in reality he has been out of the picture for far to long due to his injury so has no overness to transfer so to speak and Nash is a bigger big man in every way.

Earlier today we received word of two cancellations for the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles. First, Charles Mercury will not be able to compete in his recently announced non-tournament bout due to a personal matter. Second, we were notified by TNA Management that Chris Sabin has been injured, and will be unable to compete in the 2009 Battle of Los Angeles. TNA Management stated that Sabin "aggravated a neck injury at our TV tapings and the doctor is recommending that he take a couple of weeks (and maybe longer) off. He had first suffered the injury at our previous tapings and tweaked it at the tapings this week." We at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla wish Chris Sabin a speedy and full recovery.

i cant see it being him for one the guy didnt look that taller and look more muscular plus he was bald with no facial hair. i didnt no JJ took his own leave kinda crazy since i heard he was trying to prove it was false

Did you miss the third attack? Because there he was all dressed in black and a mask and you could clearly see he was way taller then AJ and more muscular.