The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

I just have one question to ask......

How much are they paying certain stars like Matt Morgan and Samoa Joe to praise Hogan?

not sure how much does a hammer cost to break the glass hogans bringing? im really excited about hogan coming but then again im upset because i know a lot of guys r going to lose air time and i really hope its not the knockouts

not sure how much does a hammer cost to break the glass hogans bringing? im really excited about hogan coming but then again im upset because i know a lot of guys r going to lose air time and i really hope its not the knockouts

I like the knockouts as well, but I have a related question..... does anyone find ODB entertaining? I did for maybe a month, but now she's just boring wierd and hard to look at. I wouldn't mind a bit if she dropped the title and disappeared from TV for a while.

I like the knockouts as well, but I have a related question..... does anyone find ODB entertaining? I did for maybe a month, but now she's just boring wierd and hard to look at. I wouldn't mind a bit if she dropped the title and disappeared from TV for a while.

Thought I was the only one.....I can't stand her, she makes me want to puke and I can't understand how she got to be so popular among the fans. She was funny for a bit, but not for a long time.....

I never really liked odb all that much to be honest. She is good at him gimmick i guess but i just think she is bad on the mic and not alot of ring skills.......i think if they pushed her like the monster of the knockouts like they do kong it might be diffrent.

The thing I like about the Knock Outs is the variety. They're not all dyed in the wool glamour blondes. You do have that with the Beautiful People (yum yum Velvet Sky... did I mention I like Velvet Sky???!), you've got a randy southern gal bourbon drinker, and you have the extremely strong Amazing Kong... Personally, I like it, and I like ODB.

The thing I like about the Knock Outs is the variety. They're not all dyed in the wool glamour blondes. You do have that with the Beautiful People (yum yum Velvet Sky... did I mention I like Velvet Sky???!), you've got a randy southern gal bourbon drinker, and you have the extremely strong Amazing Kong... Personally, I like it, and I like ODB.

^ Pretty much what I was going to say. I love the KO division in TNA. It has diversity and personality, something that's been missing from mainstream wrestling. A WWE Diva division these days; you got the sexy faces and the bitchy heels. All the faces are friends, all the heels are friends for no reason other than alignment. ODB isn't someone I consider fapable, but I never found sex appeal to be that big of a deal in wrestling for women. She has an interesting character and can wrestle an entertaining match. That does it for me.

Anyway I caught iMPACT for the first time in ages. Thanksgiving episodes are usually really bad and plagued with horrible gimmick matches and stipluations, but this one was alright. All the matches had enough time to tell a story and all were pretty enjoyable. Just a few things that kinda bugged me:

- The whole concept of them representing a division was stupid to me. Ok so you have Bobby Roode face off against Homicide, Angle, and Lashley. I know he lost, but hypothetically, say he won all three matches...and then he uses this tournament to have him and James Storm go for a title they could probably get without having to quality for to begin with? You would think if you beat two main eventers that you would take the opportunity to fight for the World title. Especially if you're someone like Roode, Suicide, or Homicide who normally wouldn't be in contention.

- While I'm happy that Lashley didn't beat Desmond clean to keep him strong, it made the finals look pathetic. You had Bobby Lashely, who just recently lost to Steiner at a PPV and only beat the previous round by disqualification. Then you have Bobby Roode, who is going for a tag team title shot and won his last match by countout thanks to Desmond Wolfe interference. And Lashley winning the whole thing just further muddies up TNA's all-over-the-place booking of him.

- STOP MENTIONING WWE!!! The whole promo with Hogan just is an epic facepalm. ffs, stop trying to give the fans a choice. Focus on making your product better and let us make the choice ourselves. The Hogan videos just made me dread his signing even more. I just can't see anything positive coming out of it in TNA's longrun. The Hulkamaniacs that come along to watch just aren't worth the effort.

In any case, disregarding the booking and such, the show was enjoyable. And I thought Bobby Roode looked fantastic. His match with Angle I'd consider PPV quality, even if it did come out of nowhere. I'd love to see him get a single run sooner than later as I feel the whole Beer Money team is holding back. I do like them, but James Storm will never amount to anything above a comedy character. Roode, on the other hand, still does have potential.

In any case, disregarding the booking and such, the show was enjoyable. And I thought Bobby Roode looked fantastic. His match with Angle I'd consider PPV quality, even if it did come out of nowhere. I'd love to see him get a single run sooner than later as I feel the whole Beer Money team is holding back. I do like them, but James Storm will never amount to anything above a comedy character. Roode, on the other hand, still does have potential.

Roode's stock certainly did rise with that episode of Impact, though I personally wouldn't go breaking up Beer Money anytime soon. They are still over and have established themselves as one of the lynchpins of the Tag division in TNA, saying that the days of career Tag Team are now over (Team 3D are the last of a dying breed) and I think Roode does have what it takes to eventually make his mark as a singles competitor but on top of the Beer Money still having plenty of mileage left in it if Roode did go singles at this moment in time he would just get lost in the mix.

In fact it's his work as part of Beer Money over the past year that has turned round my opinion on Roode. His singles run before teaming with Storm never really amounted to much and all I saw was a fairly bland worker with career mid-carder written all over them, however of late I do agree that Roode has shown glimpses of perhaps one day having what it takes to rise to the main event. The key word there though is potential and it will be as much down to the TNA booking and whether he gets a sustained push as to whether or not Roode does make that step up from being solid midcarder to main event player.

Off Topic: I notice that you (Gouge) are obviously a Pixies fan (going by your username and Avatar), so I feel the need to commend you on your impeccable musical taste :)

You know i was actually excited for TNA at first with the Hogan signing. Saw it as a Huge Step forward. But now that the whole show is Hogan pimping, I'm scared that TNA has made a big mistake.....

I never worry about something until it's TIME TO WORRY.

This is not yet the time to worry about what Hogan does or does not do with or to TNA.

Source: Wrestling Observer

In a story that will get a lot of play not because it's serious, but because of the irony, Nick Bollea was involved in a minor auto acident last night in downtown Los Angeles coming back from a charity event to raise money for a group called "Keep it on the Track," to teach people safe driving.

Story is at http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/29/nick-hogan-car-accident/

Don't worry guys. Hogan says that he will most likely NOT get back in the ring. He just wants to book TNA, and he might just do a fine job at that.

No one man can book a company well. It takes a good board of bookers to veto the crap and only put on the good. If hogan has the book with no rope around his neck he'll kill the company.......

... and while Heyman was in charge of the big picture, the details were often booked by a team under him. I believe Lance Storm said that he, Raven and Dreamer were booking the small shows and the minutiae of the matches for a time.

Teams are good, but in my mind I say the smaller the better. The bigger you get, the more time spent arguing between different points of view.

Yeah, I would say that about 4 or 5 is the max for a good booking team. Any more than that though and it becomes a mess. Anyways, let my clarify my statement. I was trying to say that Hulk says that he is going to become the head booker. I didn't mean to say that he would become the only booker (although he may)! I don't think any big company has ever been run with one booker!