The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Blasphemy!

Tajiri is a fantastic worker. Don't be fooled by WWETajiri. In fact, don't be fooled by WWEanyone.

Exactly, If you have not seen Tajiri -vs- Psicosis or Super Crazy in ECW then shut yo' mouth! Plus Tajiri's charisma has always been underrated as all hell. Even in WWE I thought he was well above average and had a great match as a last minute replacement for Chavo Guerrero teaming with Eddie against Haas and Benjamin. Anyone who can get a genuinely good match out of those two is indeed a fantastic worker.

I know a lot of people speak quite highly of them but I was never too into them. I don't think they were bad, just not that interesting and not really my cup of tea.

I think them (Haas especially) are good examples of, well.. I think Bryan Holmes might be a good C-Verse example: Talented in ring, but their image is nothing special, they rarely should touch a microphone, and they lack flashiness.

Indeed, I'd probably give them average at best ( D, D+) Star Quality if I was a mod maker.

They're unlikely to ever be huge stars, but at the same time they're reliable enough to hold down a solid lower midcard to midcard spot in nearly any company.

Exactly, If you have not seen Tajiri -vs- Psicosis or Super Crazy in ECW then shut yo' mouth!

Then I guess I'm probably a permanent member of the Shut Muh Mouth Club as you propose it. I didn't have enough love for ECW to go looking up matches just to verify statements like this.

Plus I never said he was bad. Just boring. Other than the trademark spots I mentioned, I've seen everything before from other Japanese talent who strike me as more impressive. He's like a wrestling case of Sugarloaf or The Fraze Gang. Don't call us. We'll call you.

Plus Tajiri's charisma has always been underrated as all hell. Even in WWE I thought he was well above average and had a great match as a last minute replacement for Chavo Guerrero teaming with Eddie against Haas and Benjamin. Anyone who can get a genuinely good match out of those two is indeed a fantastic worker.

I'd like to say PUH. And may I add Lease. "Charisma" in wrestling terms tends to be code for showmanship. I usually don't make statements like this in athletic matters because I know better.

BUT

I probably have more showmanship inside me Tajiri does. I'll grant he is very good at being the silent but deadly Japanese Buzzsaw type. But anything calling for more charisma or showmanship than a mime routine? I'm feeling no on that. I'd rather watch Steve Blackman do that stuff than Tajiri and no one's going to accuse him of being a showman or charismatic any time soon.

Spoiler Alert!

Please do not read if you do not want to be spoiled (Just highlight the bottom of the screen and you will see the text):

Well I just read spoilers saying that Cody Deaner will probably be the guy that will be fired tonight as TNA management has nothing for him to do.

No one has actully ever been fired from the company during this match though right? I mean.......danials lost and came back as curry man.......curry man lost and came back as suicide/danials......who else has lost? There have only been like three of them right?

No one has actully ever been fired from the company during this match though right? I mean.......danials lost and came back as curry man.......curry man lost and came back as suicide/danials......who else has lost? There have only been like three of them right?

Yeah and each time someone was about to leave yet didn't get the fire case (though almost every site said they would). Hell Ki feuded with Daniels to get the briefcase at the time when he was leaving and they still choose to give it to Daniels.

Yes nobody ever has lost their job to my knowledge. In fact I am pretty sure that Daniels was the only person to be "fired" twice.

However, if my spoiler is correct, I think that it would make sense that he would lose his job. Because really what has he done since he started with TNA?

Yes nobody ever has lost their job to my knowledge. In fact I am pretty sure that Daniels was the only person to be "fired" twice.

However, if my spoiler is correct, I think that it would make sense that he would lose his job. Because really what has he done since he started with TNA?

So it would be a logical choice, which means odds are it doesn't happen.

Then I guess I'm probably a permanent member of the Shut Muh Mouth Club as you propose it. I didn't have enough love for ECW to go looking up matches just to verify statements like this.

Plus I never said he was bad. Just boring. Other than the trademark spots I mentioned, I've seen everything before from other Japanese talent who strike me as more impressive. He's like a wrestling case of Sugarloaf or The Fraze Gang. Don't call us. We'll call you.

I'd like to say PUH. And may I add Lease. "Charisma" in wrestling terms tends to be code for showmanship. I usually don't make statements like this in athletic matters because I know better.

BUT

I probably have more showmanship inside me Tajiri does. I'll grant he is very good at being the silent but deadly Japanese Buzzsaw type. But anything calling for more charisma or showmanship than a mime routine? I'm feeling no on that. I'd rather watch Steve Blackman do that stuff than Tajiri and no one's going to accuse him of being a showman or charismatic any time soon.

Eh, we shall have to agree to disagree on that ... unless of course you happen to have a show reel just waiting to be uploaded to Youtube that you could share with us ;) Tajiri wasn't about big flashy The Rock or Shawn Michaels showmanship, he was more about doing little things that made the sum of his abilities, matches and his opponents all just look that bit better. A facial expression here, his posture, the look in his eyes, his timing with his "mime act".

I personally think that Tajiri had excellent acting skills in the ring, he usually was doing the silent but deadly Japanese thing as you said but think about how few people have successfully done that this side of Great Muta in 1989.

However I remember one match when he had to wrestle Kane and on the way out to the ring the guy was selling his fear and the fact he really didn't want to freakin' wrestle Kane so well. He looks like he was about to poop his pants but had to go through with it because it was his job. Without saying a word he was able to get over his apprehension, self-doubt which then made the underdog -vs- big red machine match come across as a lot more dramatic.

In terms of seeing other Japanese workers do the same things Tajiri did but better well ... yes and no. He isn't really a Japanese style worker in the traditional sense, his background is martial arts, hardcore wrestling and lucha libre yet he used those skills to work the "American perception of how Japanese guys wrestle" style in a more entertainment-based environment as opposed to the real "How Japanese guys actually wrestle" style in a more straight up wrestling environment. And I would say he was probably the best at this style of his generation.

Fact is at the end of the day though we all have our likes and dislikes and some guys just don't appeal to us. To bring this back to TNA (and I guess RoH as well) I personally cannot see the fuss with a guy like Homicide. I don't think he has ever impressed me yet he has been pushed quite a bit.

I think them (Haas especially) are good examples of, well.. I think Bryan Holmes might be a good C-Verse example: Talented in ring, but their image is nothing special, they rarely should touch a microphone, and they lack flashiness.

Indeed, I'd probably give them average at best ( D, D+) Star Quality if I was a mod maker.

They're unlikely to ever be huge stars, but at the same time they're reliable enough to hold down a solid lower midcard to midcard spot in nearly any company.

I think a D+ star quality is probably close to being right on for Haas, but Benjamin is easily around a C+. He's obviously flashier and was from the beginning the one that was seen as the star of the team. I'm not saying he should get a great grade or whatever but as a billion time US/Intercontinental champion WWE obviously sees some star quality in him. I think somewhere between B- and C+ sounds about right.

My comment on cappyboy's admittedly uninformed opinion is that I disagree mightily. Tajiri's WWE run was phenomenal and he brought fantastic TV matches out of everyone from the Hurricane to Jamie Noble to Test to Goldust. I don't think he'd be particularly necessary in TNA, but they have loads of unnecessary talent already so why not?

The undercard matches had their moments though and Neal ate that chair shot hehe, and for undercard matches weren't bad especially the two tag team matches and the final two where great KUTGW TNA!!! My expectations are never that high on undercard/midcard matches and in general they where met and the two last ones where fantastic. Can't wait for Angle/AJ, Lashley/AJ, Angle/Lashley etc with Joe/Daniels/AJ/Angle/Lashley/Wolf they have a serious great six competitors and that is with guys like Morgan and Hernandez waiting in the wings and the big signing Dixie has reported who will likely debut on the 4th. If that is RVD then it doesn't matter that Bret is back cauz TNA will rock!

Here is a question for people.....Who pays who in the tna situation with universal? I mean.....i am sure some people go to the park just to watch the show.......and some say "o hey, tna is taping something i should check it out". So does tna pay them because of the increased trafic to the park or does tna pay them to "rent" the area in the park?

Apparently The Young Buck's dark match against the Motor City Machine Guns went well. Even though I'm down on the MCMG right now for their poor selling, I'd love to see this match. I'd even tune in to Impact if I had to.

P.S. What happened to Roxxi? She used to have that really cool Voodoo Queen gimmick and now she's... I don't know what she's supposed to be. In the beginning the Knockouts had interesting gimmicks, but with Sarita and Taylor and Alyssa and 4 Beautiful People there's a lot of generic-ness seeping in.

If by genericness you mean skankiness then I agree.

I... um... Well the Beautiful People are deliciously skanky. It's just there's been like 4 of them now with the same gimmick. I like colourful personallities. I like vibrant gimmicks. I like variety. The Knockouts division had that in spades originally, but now not so much.