The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

I also come off as stupid and nonsensical.

Anything good happened in the last few weeks?

With House coming back, TNA had to get pushed off the DVR. It'll come back on when it moves back to Thursday in a few weeks.

It's on Thursday in two days.....

Diva-Dirt.com is reporting that TNA has signed indy female Betsy Ruth for the Knockout's division. Ruth who was trained by Team 3D recently had a tryout match where Daffney was injured on a botched spot. Ruth posted the following on her Twitter: “One of the most emotional days EVER!!!!! That’s all I gotta say.”

Anybody have any info on her. Any pictures, video or anything. Thanks in advance.

Anybody have any info on her. Any pictures, video or anything. Thanks in advance.

Lot's come up on google with her... at a glance she is a bigger girl, but not HUGE, just thicker then most. Probably signing her to take the place of Amazing Kong or something (Just a guess). I didn't take the time to watch any match's or anything.

EDIT: Yeah, I just watched a couple match's (fast forward). I'm going to say she's probably there to be their next monster girl. After watching, I'm more confident of that..>She is pretty big.

Lot's come up on google with her... at a glance she is a bigger girl, but not HUGE, just thicker then most. Probably signing her to take the place of Amazing Kong or something (Just a guess). I didn't take the time to watch any match's or anything.

EDIT: Yeah, I just watched a couple match's (fast forward). I'm going to say she's probably there to be their next monster girl. After watching, I'm more confident of that..>She is pretty big.

Yeah I'd say she's pretty huge. She's listed at 6'1, 250. Her gimmick has apparently been that she's the great-granddaughter of Babe Ruth. Kind of a shame Kong's gone as I think there'd be some interest in seeing the two feud.

Yeah I'd say she's pretty huge. She's listed at 6'1, 250. Her gimmick has apparently been that she's the great-granddaughter of Babe Ruth. Kind of a shame Kong's gone as I think there'd be some interest in seeing the two feud.

Well, I was thinking along those lines. I have my thoughts about Kong though, as far as now that the "problem" has been shown the door, perhaps they might bring her back (after she cools off about being released).

I would, anyways. She's a ton of fun. Has the "cartoony" looks down better then most any female I've ever watched, and tells a story in the ring that is better then most men.

Yea I finally saw a video with Bety Ruth. She's ok, still very green by the looks of the match on her web site. If TNA does bring her in she will need a new gimmick since the baseball player gimmick went out in the late 80's.

So did half the roster, but that didn't stop TNA from signing them!

Yea I finally saw a video with Bety Ruth. She's ok, still very green by the looks of the match on her web site. If TNA does bring her in she will need a new gimmick since the baseball player gimmick went out in the late 80's.

So did half the roster, but that didn't stop TNA from signing them!

Haha zing!:D

I was going to post "Yeah, but if maybe they gave her a bat and had her come down from the rafter's every now and then, it would be GREAT!"... but decided not to... well, till now, lol.

Well, I was thinking along those lines. I have my thoughts about Kong though, as far as now that the "problem" has been shown the door, perhaps they might bring her back (after she cools off about being released).

I would, anyways. She's a ton of fun. Has the "cartoony" looks down better then most any female I've ever watched, and tells a story in the ring that is better then most men.

The problem is Awesome Kong wasn't paid enough, from what I heard. If Kong thinks she can get more money outside of TNA, I doubt she's going back.

In fact, it's not because of Bubba she wanted to leave... she wanted to leave before that. But Bubba only made even more mad and determined to leave.

The problem is Awesome Kong wasn't paid enough, from what I heard. If Kong thinks she can get more money outside of TNA, I doubt she's going back.

In fact, it's not because of Bubba she wanted to leave... she wanted to leave before that. But Bubba only made even more mad and determined to leave.

I skimmed that discussion before, but I don't believe most of the debate about it.... I believe she wanted more, I don't believe she makes more outside of TNA though. I know there has been alot of debate about that, however I believe the only way she could is to work alot more (and I mean like five shows a week).

I agree with her though. If your doing the work that the other's are, drawing the numbers etc.. then you need to be paid as well as they are. However, that's not saying running over to Shimmer or someplace is going to actually pay you better. IF you work for a high classed place on Wall Street, that pays everyone around 100k a year, but your only making 75k, you should be upset. However, it's not likely you can turn around and work for some Mom and Pop's place and make more doing the same thing. Sure, if you take up three or four jobs as a replacement you can make a little more, but it's going to take alot more work.

So, although I agree with her, I don't believe her.

Actually, it's not Kong that said she wasn't paid enough. It was actually some inside source that said it first. Kong didn't actually confirm it until later. In fact, the inside source also showed how little most of other Knockouts are paid, but some them were allowed more indy bookings.

I think they didn't allow, contractually or mangerially, Kong to take more Indy bookings... probably because they wanted to use her more often.

Also, she wanted to leave, at first, not for monetary reasons, but for personal reasons. It's why she was so reluctant to confirm the pay she was getting in the first place.

After seeing that video, I legitimately know now that if I should ever meet Bubba the Love Sponge in my lifetime, I will punch his lights out.

He could use a stomp or two as well.

Anywho...

Congratulations to WWE for winning their second Monday Night War. When reached for comments, WWE responded with a thoroughly baffled expression...

"There was a second Monday Night War?!?!?!?!?!"

:eek:

He could use a stomp or two as well.

Anywho...

Congratulations to WWE for winning their second Monday Night War. When reached for comments, WWE responded with a thoroughly baffled expression...

"There was a second Monday Night War?!?!?!?!?!"

:eek:

If ever there were a man who needed a good old-fashioned punch-to-the-junk, it's Bubba.

This war...it would be like if one side of the war had tanks and napalm and Green Berets, and all you had were a bunch of crippled kids throwing dirt rocks at the tanks. I would watch Impact tonight, but I think "The Jetsons" is on so...I dunno...35 year-old cartoon, or 55 year-old wrestlers? Tough call.