The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Who at this point could be considered a major signing though? I think the only true major signing is nearly impossible or maybe even completely impossible. I'm guessing its TV related. Actually thinking of ordering the PPV this time, looks to have a good card and Sting vs. RVD could be a good main event.

The Rock

:eek:

Heyman coming in would be great imo. Could be just what they need if they let him do his thing with the roster they have. I mean you could argue TNA has a much better overall roster than ECW had at any point and he worked magic than with wrestlers no one really wanted any more until Heyman got a hold of them. So Heyman could be awesome.

And I agree with Sullivan not being an ideal choice. All I know though is they need someone with a vision of what TNA should be and some one that will be able to give us sensible storylines that flow instead of jump all over the place into a jumbled mess. Maybe Heyman could be that guy if he is indeed the surprise.

The Rock

:eek:

That's who I was getting at with being the impossible lone signing that would be huge. Lol.

Batista wouldn't be that big imo. I don't think he'd bring anything to the table that Christian, Angle, etc. haven't already brought.

I just can't see The Rock having anything to do with TNA. If he really doesn't want to bother with the WWE, why would he jump to someone smaller and less important? Even if its just for a few appearances... Plus it would mean burning bridges with the WWE and that would be a bad idea, even if just for financial reasons.

Really don't think its in the wrestling talent department personally. Hoping Heyman, Sullivan wouldn't be too bad compared to Russo. And it seems Hogan has taken a backseat in creative with Bisch taking a more active role at least the last set of tapings had a lot less nostalgia, better flow and less new ridiculous stuff. Bisch as head of production, Heyman as head of creative, Ross as head of talent (not happening at least yet), Dixie doing the business side of things and Hogan for pr stuff and a great marketing exec would be the almost perfect backstage team.

At that time he was 100 percent right. Time being when Hogan first came to WCW.

He said that after Russo was fired by WCW in 2000. Lo and behold the first PPV of his tenure Hogan vs Flair in a Strap match was the main event. And it did horrible buys even by WCW 2000's standards.

I just can't see The Rock having anything to do with TNA. If he really doesn't want to bother with the WWE, why would he jump to someone smaller and less important? Even if its just for a few appearances... Plus it would mean burning bridges with the WWE and that would be a bad idea, even if just for financial reasons.

I don't think it would be burning a bridge. Guys have left WWE for TNA and hopped right back to WWE no problem. If The Rock went to TNA for a few appearances and then a few months later asked if WWE wanted him to say...guest host Raw. I highly doubt WWE would say no.

That being said the odds that it is the Rock is about 10,000-1.

Maybe Spike/Viacom gave him some movies and or tv show etc as part of the deal? Do not think that for a talent as great as the Rock it would be a true bridge burner.

He said that after Russo was fired the first time in WCW...in 2000

Well depends on the context hehe. Russo at that time did go a bit overboard with pushing the new/young talent etc. non established vs non established draws little non established vs established is good idea, established vs established is a safe bet. In a very very simplified kind of way.

If the creative team ends up Bischoff + Heyman + Sullivan= Great TV or Backstage troubles. Could be good or bad but it depends Paul and Eric still dont get along too good do they?

Tried getting EB to open up on facebook on his current status with Paul. No answers unfortunately. Best source I know is the book in where he appreciates his creativity but dislikes his dishonesty. Well now that he would not also be the owner he has a lot less incentive to be dishonest or he would be dishonest in a way that would benefit TNA and thus EB.

After our report earlier tonight concerning TNA's surprise, we heard from a number of people in the company stating that whatever they have planned it's bigger than a change in the creative process. As always, we will continue to follow this story moving forward.

Source PWI.

There goes Heyman sniff sniff. There comes live and or second show and or touring.

international wrestling federation? Has a pretty good ring to it

You know if it's IWF it might be something awful like

Intergalactic Wrestling Federation.

Cuz ya know intergalactic is bigger than WWF.

A name change to me would be meh

Live on Thursday every week would be worth the hype

2nd weekly show would be worth the hype

Rock/HBK/Austin would be worth the hype

Heard the rumour that when Bisch and Hogan came in they talked about the name change but said no and the main name discussed was IWF.

international wrestling federation? Has a pretty good ring to it

It's quite the jump from the name TNA has now and would take even more effort to establish than a shift to TWA or TNW would be. But I do agree with Brother Hitman about "International Wrestling Federation" if that would be what the initials stood for. With the X Cup and World Elite and the like, TNA's done a pretty good job of giving an international flavor over the years. One could even make the case that pushing Rob Terry is a nod to that. However misguided a move it may be. It might push them back to square one with the Q rating but it would most definitely fit.

I reached out to TNA President Dixie Carter for clarification on the "TNA changes" comment that we've written about tonight. When asked about whether it would involve a creative change as we theorized earlier in the night, Carter responded none of the theories making the rounds were correct and the change was something on a much larger, grander scale. It was described to me as "true change."

While there is rampant discussion going on within the company about the situation (and we've heard a number of theories), the reality is no one in the company knows what Carter has up her sleeve as she hasn't disclosed it to anyone. Carter is holding all her cards extremely close to the vest, so no one knows what the true nature of what her tease is.

While Carter made it clear this situation is not something specifically designed for Slammiversary (although she did tease a surprise for that PPV, which apparently is a different matter), all of this certainly does add a lot of intrigue and mystique to this Sunday's PPV.

We'll have full coverage of TNA Slammiversary all this weekend.

Source PWI. Hmm really depends to what rumours she is revering too. No more ppv is the only one I have not seen yet which could be described as such a game changers.

So it seems that the Slammiversary surprise and the big change, which will also start at Slam apparently, are two different things. So probably a signing, Dreamer I guess, and another big one, no clue but lotsa options. Seems the Bryan firing and Hogan's overhyping have kinda stole the thunder from this one.