The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

lol atleast it wasen't dj scribble......now that dude is famous.

I the fact of what they paid a huge deal because of tna is so small? What did the wwe pay mr. spears woops i mean keven federline for his group of shows? It was ALOT more then 15k i bet. I think fifteen thousend on a c list celeb is not unheard of. If it gets them publicity then more power to them.

15k is nothing for a c list celebrity...the only thing I question about TNA's use of JWoww is that they didn't use her more and/or they put her on in the second hour when her fans would turn over to Jersey Shore.

The show is hot and is just starting to make that transition to 'mainstream' (a line of Halloween costumes, an appearance on South Park, Situation on Dacing w/Stars, that awful E cover story) before it gets played out and no one cares. this was the perfect time to have them on.

15k is nothing for a c list celebrity...the only thing I question about TNA's use of JWoww is that they didn't use her more and/or they put her on in the second hour when her fans would turn over to Jersey Shore.

The show is hot and is just starting to make that transition to 'mainstream' (a line of Halloween costumes, an appearance on South Park, Situation on Dacing w/Stars, that awful E cover story) before it gets played out and no one cares. this was the perfect time to have them on.

I agree they should have put her on in the 1st hour. Maybe hyped up a segment on Reaction too since Jersey Shore would be off and have her get involved slightly in the 2nd hour with something small like Ric Flair making a pass at her.

$15,000 for a 2 minute appearance sticks out if you believe the rumors of what some of the TNA wrestlers are being paid. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I heard Madison Rayne gets $300 a shot. Madison may not be a ratings draw, but for some "celebrity" to waltz in and get paid 50 times more than her... that's a bit iffy. I'm not saying it's 'wrong', but it sticks out.

That being said, I reckon bringing in a character from Jersey Shore is an AWESOME move. With weekly, episodic television, you should latch onto these fads and milk them. Great idea, but from the sounds of it, poor execution from TNA. Seemed rushed and throwaway.

$15,000 for a 2 minute appearance sticks out if you believe the rumors of what some of the TNA wrestlers are being paid. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I heard Madison Rayne gets $300 a shot. Madison may not be a ratings draw, but for some "celebrity" to waltz in and get paid 50 times more than her... that's a bit iffy. I'm not saying it's 'wrong', but it sticks out.

Its a lot compared to what most of the talent on the roster is getting. But its not out of line for a celebrity appearance costs. Even a fairly crappy celebrity. When Vegas clubs and such bring in a "celebrity host", they can end up paying $50k-$100k...

I think its more of the context that Kong, Gail, Flash, and so many others have left because TNA won't pay them. While at the same time their signing Mickie James, paying for this celeb.

I'm not saying Mickie isn't worth it but if you got 15G's for the celeb and money for Mickie James you don't have money to keep other Knockouts? Especially after BRAGGING about how your women are so talented, so much different, etc

I think its more of the context that Kong, Gail, Flash, and so many others have left because TNA won't pay them. While at the same time their signing Mickie James, paying for this celeb.

I'm not saying Mickie isn't worth it but if you got 15G's for the celeb and money for Mickie James you don't have money to keep other Knockouts? Especially after BRAGGING about how your women are so talented, so much different, etc

I think it just shows the mindset of TNA's management. In TEW terms they value popularity way more than performance.

As for Jwoww...honestly, I'm most surprised she even did it. I mean..the girl is reportedly getting 400 K for her Playboy lay-out. I'm sorta shocked she even did the appearance...in a year from now she'll probably be 'too big' for something like TNA.

I think it just shows the mindset of TNA's management. In TEW terms they value popularity way more than performance.

As for Jwoww...honestly, I'm most surprised she even did it. I mean..the girl is reportedly getting 400 K for her Playboy lay-out. I'm sorta shocked she even did the appearance...in a year from now she'll probably be 'too big' for something like TNA.

Or as you said the fad will have passed. I rate celebrity appearances under the marketing column so to speak and not the talent column so her appearance has little to do with paying or not paying other talent etc. And if there is one thing TNA needs to spend more on it's marketing.

Or as you said the fad will have passed. I rate celebrity appearances under the marketing column so to speak and not the talent column so her appearance has little to do with paying or not paying other talent etc. And if there is one thing TNA needs to spend more on it's marketing.

I completely agree with this. She made comments on Reaction about seeing herself in a wrestling ring someday. Do you think TNA will bring her back to get in the ring and wrestle?

Y'know..i would've also said that about every single member of The Hills, but Lauren Conrad has turned herself into a media mogul and that Patridge girl is useless as hell but she's turned herself into a fixture on TV.

When you look at the amount of people that are famous - I mean REALLY famous - for doing absolutely nothing, I wouldn't bet against these Jersey Shore idiots.

I completely agree with this. She made comments on Reaction about seeing herself in a wrestling ring someday. Do you think TNA will bring her back to get in the ring and wrestle?

You're reading too much into it...all 'celebrities' say that kind of stuff when they make these appearances.

We are still waiting on a final number but last night's TNA Impact scored 1.9 million viewers.

Source PWI.

Still questions remain if with a different "They" it would have been better or if this will rating will decline or grow over time or if the rating went down through the whole show aka putting people off.

Source PWI.

Still questions remain if with a different "They" it would have been better or if this will rating will decline or grow over time or if the rating went down through the whole show aka putting people off.

Ok...that equals out to a 1.3 or 1.4 rating last night but on sheer number of viewers it's actually pretty good. Highest in a while..

The fact you dropped that name as a 'famous DJ' made me lol :)

Well, you know I'm old school... Lucky I didn't say Scott LaRock, or Magic Mike, or Jam Master J (RIP), or... heck, I should have said Wolfman Jack, for all it would matter with this crowd. I didn't want to use someone like Ludacris (started as a DJ), or any of the so called Video Dj's, or anyone that uses the push the beat buttons, and hit "mix", lol. I still have my Technique's, and I'll pull them out sometime in the future, I'm sure.

Celebrity is different then talent, yes, but.... 300 a shot really sucks.. How do they afford their augmentations? That's only 300 a week if I'm reading the other posts right. I guess paper routes and May I take your order Sir? are relevant in the land of women's wrestling.... Really sucks.

Well, you know I'm old school... Lucky I didn't say Scott LaRock, or Magic Mike, or Jam Master J (RIP), or... heck, I should have said Wolfman Jack, for all it would matter with this crowd. I didn't want to use someone like Ludacris (started as a DJ), or any of the so called Video Dj's, or anyone that uses the push the beat buttons, and hit "mix", lol. I still have my Technique's, and I'll pull them out sometime in the future, I'm sure.

Celebrity is different then talent, yes, but.... 300 a shot really sucks.. How do they afford their augmentations? That's only 300 a week if I'm reading the other posts right. I guess paper routes and May I take your order Sir? are relevant in the land of women's wrestling.... Really sucks.

I always thought Jazzy Jeff is one of the best/ most famous DJ's out there/ever.... but you're my favorite.

Well what the talent is paid is all guestimates and TNA does pay for travel etc. in general. which is why they like their talent Florida based and they shoot the shows in a row and which is why going on the road or live with the show is extra costly for TNA. The 300 bucks is probably per appearance and with 4 impact taping's a ppv and let's say 5 house shows that is 3k a month with travel and lodging paid for. That is not too shabby.

It depends on how they count an apperence. I have seen companys count it not per show but per "day". Are they still doing two a day or are they doing one a day two days in a row? If they are doing two a day i would not be shocked to have they call that one apperence. I don't know how tna does there stuff though. If they are getting 3k a month that is not bad for an indy womans wrestler who has not paid her dues yet. I am sure for a guy like lets say joe will pull in 6 hundred a show. and guys like anderson who may not be on a writen contract probebly get 1000 to 1500 a show.

I always thought Jazzy Jeff is one of the best/ most famous DJ's out there/ever.... but you're my favorite.

And you sir, are by far my favorite Poster!

It depends on how they count an apperence. I have seen companys count it not per show but per "day". Are they still doing two a day or are they doing one a day two days in a row? If they are doing two a day i would not be shocked to have they call that one apperence. I don't know how tna does there stuff though. If they are getting 3k a month that is not bad for an indy womans wrestler who has not paid her dues yet. I am sure for a guy like lets say joe will pull in 6 hundred a show. and guys like anderson who may not be on a writen contract probebly get 1000 to 1500 a show.

I would have expected anyone on a weekly TV show, to be payed per show, and a different pay per non-Televised Show... Meaning, I would expect to make more money if I were on TV, then I would when it's a house show or something.

I know people that do Kareoke that make the same or more, then 300 a night. Just saying....

Source PWTorch:

In the weekly effort to prop up Reaction's rating, the "Reaction hour" began with the opening bell for TNA Impact's main event #1 contender match. Winner gets Jeff Hardy at Turning Point in November.

MR. ANDERSON vs. ROB VAN DAM -- #1 contender match to the TNA World Title

Anderson dominated early on as the default heel in the match-up. After a couple of nice counters and exchanges, RVD hit a split-legged moonsault for a close nearfall. RVD then missed with a Five-Star Frogsplash and both men sold on the mat. Eric Bischoff then walked down from the back with a purpose and whispered in the ref's ear. Bischoff told ref Hebner to follow him out of the ring

to the back. Hebner disappeared as RVD and Anderson continued to sell in the ring. Jeff Hardy then showed up with chair in hand. Hardy stormed the ring and cracked a chair over RVD, then Anderson's backs. Hardy proceeded to drop RVD with a Twist of Fate onto a chair while Anderson's arm was inside the chair. Rough looking spot. And, in now typical Impact main event fashion, the match concluded without a finish.

WINNER: No announcement in 11:00.

Read the rest of Reaction, click here.

Can someone please fill me in on what happened in the main event? We don't get Reaction here, so last we saw was Jeff Hardy hitting RVD and Anderson with a chair, then hitting the Twist of Fate on RVD, over Anderson... did anything happen after that?

Don't know where you are, but here in the UK that's what we saw. You didn't miss anything. Apart from last week, the international version seems to have been being edited to include the start of ReAction in order to run until the end of the match.