The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Wasn't trying to claim it was a positive at all. Just saw him prancing around a bit and thought Nicholson more than Ledger. I've only seen a handful of GIFs though.

On the whole, I'm a fan of wrestling stealing things from other mediums, only... I wouldn't be so overt about it. Steal the soul of Joker, sure, but the exact facepaint? If I wanted to play a Deadpool-style character on a show (and I've thought about it) I'd steal the personality, the violence, the comedy, the pop culture references, breaking the fourth wall... but I wouldn't wear the exact same mask. That's just silly.

Well "pracing around" brings images of the more flamboyant Heath Ledger joker more so than the cold and stoic Joker that Nicholson portrayed.

Either way, it's obvious he's ripping off movie joker lol. We can sit here and debate which one it appears to be more but it's irrelevant and boring to read to most peope I would gather. It's fairly obvious to most that he invokes images of Ledger's joker.

Not digging it myself but it's big for them right now.

I think the look itself is why people compare it to ledgers joker. If you actually watch both movies I think the character sting is portraying is more or less a combination of both, but I also think the simple fact that his facepaint resembles leger's joker is why it draws the comparison more.

Fair enough... it's a fruitless argument either way. My original point is that it was lame.

We all know he's not directly copying anyone because he's a pro wrestler and not a mass murdering psychopath. Again... didn't think I'd have to clear that up to other adults.

I wasn't trying to argue. I was simply making a statement base on the conversation I saw.

I actually agree with your point of it being lame. I turn the channel everytime i see him anymore, but the fact that he is a pro wrestler shouldn't have anything to do with anything. People portray characters in their own way. Maybe he isn't trying to copy Ledger's or Nicholson's Joker, but just the character of the Joker itself.

The look is an obvious copy, but there are so many interpretations of the character it would probably be hard to say which one he is specifically copying, and easier to just say he is ripping of the joker character.

Am I the only one who thought it was ridiculous to see AJ lose to Devon in a singles match? I know there was the outside distraction with Daniels, a mini-injury and a quick rollup to end it, but still...

You are not it was ridiculous.

Looking at the current table:

(1) Crimson: 40 points (5-0-1-2) -- 8 matches

(2) Rob Van Dam: 35 points (5-1-0-0) -- 6 matches

(3) James Storm: 33 points (5-2-0-2) -- 9 matches

(4) Brother Devon: 30 points (4-5-1-0) -- 10 matches

(5t) Robert Roode: 28 points (4-2-0-5) -- 11 matches

(5t) Bully Ray: 28 points (4-6-0-0) -- 10 matches

(5t) Gunner: 28 points (4-10-0-0) -- 14 matches

(8) A.J. Styles: 21 points (3-5-0-0) -- 8 matches

(9) Scott Steiner: 14 points (2-5-0-0) -- 7 matches

(10) The Pope: 10 points (2-8-0-1) -- 11 matches

(11) Samoa Joe: -10 points (0-10-0-0) -- 10 matches

This series is not only unfair (e.g RVD has the most points per match) it's stupid D-Von Dudley has 40 more points than than Samoa Joe, I know it's an angle but still :(

Also, on the spin cycle Steiner was asked who he thinks will win he said himself of course, because he has "all the most points" He's third last :D

Yea. I started getting into TNA because I wanted to see my favorite indy wrestlers play with the big boys, and in my opinion, they've done well. AJ, Joe, Daniels, and many many many others all look really good against some of the "big names" they have there.

They dont seems to want to use them as anything other than to make certain guys look good. I dunno. Hopefully they clean house with their writers and road agents and try to do something different.

I couldnt agree more with Heyman.

I dont know who I'd get rid of and who I'd keep. I might not get rid of anyone but I certainly wouldnt use them the way they are being used in TNA.

I personally think there is obviously a place for established talent in wrestling. All of the hugest time periods were based in a good mix of established names putting asses in the seats while young talent was doing something new and fresh.

I'm not saying they should clean house and get rid of every "old" guy. Hogan and Flair have mostly been used to put their name attached to lesser known talent if you look at most of their time spent there.

But that Sting, Angle, RVD, Anderson, I guess now Bully Ray and guys like that are dominating the main event scene and it shouldnt be like that. It's not about age it's just that how can TNA ever really succeed and be a legitimate competitor to WWE if they just use talent WWE doesn't want to headline PPVS? What does that tell your fans?

If they were using creative writing and clever matchups AJ and Joe and guys like that should be in that top-level mix. They could be providing soemthing different and something special. In the end, WWE can produce and build new stars WAY better than TNA - which was supposed to be the younger and faster alternative.

<p>I'd be tempted to do exactly what Heyman says. Although admittedly that's not because I think it's 'right for business'. Rather it's just a show I'd rather see. I want to see fresh young guys with something to prove. Nostalgia acts are fun in small doses. Bring an over-40 in for a month or two as a novelty act. Permanent places on top of the card holds no interest for me.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="ZMAN" data-cite="ZMAN" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Damn, Crimson and D-Von must be really awesome to watch or something. Can't wait to see the best of crimson and best of dvon dvds</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sometimes in sports, the most effective fighters/teams aren't the most exciting. Greece won the 2004 European Championships in Football with a solid, if unspectacular defensive strategy, locking out flashier teams like Portugal. Just because AJ & Joe are more exciting or 'better wrestlers' doesn't mean they should win.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Self" data-cite="Self" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'd be tempted to do exactly what Heyman says. Although admittedly that's not because I think it's 'right for business'. Rather it's just a show I'd rather see. I want to see fresh young guys with something to prove. Nostalgia acts are fun in small doses. Bring an over-40 in for a month or two as a novelty act. Permanent places on top of the card holds no interest for me.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> That's exactly why it's right for business. Using TV as a showcase for guys that can do things you're not allowed to do on WWE TV or weren't given a fair shot, instead of a "hey it's Raw from 8 years ago!" It just seems like common sense from a marketing standpoint to present an actual alternative.</p>