The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

411mania reported that TNA want to create a second show that basically will be their version of ECW.

So ignoring the fact that WWE already tried this, failed, and killed the memories for many, many ECW fans, I think the fact that the majority of smacks dislike TNA will mean their ECW won't work either, as ECW pretty much thrived on the smack market.

I think there's room in this world for a raunchy, adult, bloodsoaked wrestling show. Sod the name 'ECW' just try to emulate some of the spirit. While I don't think TNA deserve a second show, I'd be interested in seeing one, as long as it wasn't identical to Impact. I want variety, and right now I desperately something different, as I'm bored and annoyed by every other wrestling show right now. RAW. Impact. Smackdown. RoH. NXT. I'm done suffering them. I want something new.

Or at least something that hasn't been on for a few years.

411mania reported that TNA want to create a second show that basically will be their version of ECW.

So ignoring the fact that WWE already tried this, failed, and killed the memories for many, many ECW fans, I think the fact that the majority of smacks dislike TNA will mean their ECW won't work either, as ECW pretty much thrived on the smack market.

looooooooooooooooooooooooool ;)

I really enjoyed the early days of the WWE ECW and again later with the Originals vs. New Breed stuff when Dusty was booking. If Heyman is involved with creative then that would be a major feather in their cap.

looooooooooooooooooooooooool ;)

I really enjoyed the early days of the WWE ECW and again later with the Originals vs. New Breed stuff when Dusty was booking. If Heyman is involved with creative then that would be a major feather in their cap.

Well compared to the level over-9000 blandness it became, the first 4 months of WWECW was alright.

Bischoff is hosting party or a festival thing for fourth of July in his home time.

Yeah, I seem to remember him bringing that up in Controversy Creates Ca$h as having done it since his WCW days.

And how have they been doing? (Tna, that is.) Rating and quality improvement, or not really?

Their ratings really changed in terms of total numbers, however it's being reported that in recent weeks, TNA are finally bucking their trend of losing viewers throughout Impact. In other words, those that tune in to watch the start of the show are generally sticking around for the end of it - although they've arguably sacrificed some big matches as main events on free TV in order to do it.

Props to my man Jamie Tucker on taking a solid muscle buster bump from Samoa Joe or so I am told Tuesday at the TNA tapes. My man got the main event RVD vs Joe (not sure if it will be aired tonight or next Thursday) but he said the new yet so old contingent of Raven, Stevie Richards, Tommy Dreamer, and Rhino were in the first row he said watching RVD. My man was sore today and called out of work yesterday lol so just giving props to him.

-- TNA's biggest house show in terms of attendance takes place tomorrow night in Brooklyn at a baseball Stadium. RVD vs. A.J. Styles, Jeff Hardy vs. Abyss, Team 3-D vs. Ink Inc. in a tables match and Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe are scheduled. As of two weeks ago, 4,000 advance tickets had been sold and they expect a big walkup as well.

4,000+ is very very good for a house show I think this shows that TNA needs to take their shows on the road.

Um, WWECW wasn't ECW. It was WWE with lesser talent using the ECW logo. Don't get me wrong, it was decent at first, then they flushed it down the toilet like an overripe turd.

4,000+ is very very good for a house show I think this shows that TNA needs to take their shows on the road.

It's good for them but I think you might need to slow your roll, so to speak. Holding a show in New York City is not the same as holding one in Detroit or St. Louis or Indianapolis. I'd agree with "they need to hold more shows in New York" but not "on the road" in general. NYC isn't the typical or average market, after all.

It's good for them but I think you might need to slow your roll, so to speak. Holding a show in New York City is not the same as holding one in Detroit or St. Louis or Indianapolis. I'd agree with "they need to hold more shows in New York" but not "on the road" in general. NYC isn't the typical or average market, after all.

Yea I understand and what I meant was out of the Impact Zone I think they should hold three taped shows at the Impact zone and then the one show before the PPV live at the place that the PPV will be held. I also know that in some parts of Canada TNA is heavily watch and liked so I believe they should hold a show in Canada and see how it works

I love TNA! Kurt Angle, Sting, Bischoff, RVD, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, and Motor City Machine Guns are all some of my favorite wrestlers.

My gf last night during Popes segment said... "Wow he actually sounds good compared to most other guys talking." She isn't even a wrestling fan really so that made me happy.