The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Shane Douglas wants to wrestle Flair at Hard Justice or he won't show up. LOL<p> </p><p> Big fan of the franchise and even though they did this feud in WCW, I would like to see Shane go over Flair in the final ECW sendoff show.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Man, to think where Douglas could be if he weren't so obstinate about stuff. Love the work he does in the ring and on the mic. Going on pure talent, he ought to be one of the legends by now. Talk about being one's own worst enemy. That's Shane Douglas.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="cappyboy" data-cite="cappyboy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Man, to think where Douglas could be if he weren't so obstinate about stuff. Love the work he does in the ring and on the mic. Going on pure talent, he ought to be one of the legends by now. Talk about being one's own worst enemy. That's Shane Douglas.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Shane Douglas is a lot like HHH to me, which will probably upset ECW fans who like to think that their roster was full of guys better than anything the WWF or WCW could offer. Talented in the ring, but not overly so. Douglas was much better on the mic in my opinion, but they both just had that ability to add credibility to a match/feud/title. Especially as heels, they were both just so easy to hate. </p><p> </p><p> Douglas had the misfortune of running wrong with the kliq in the WWF and having Ric Flair dislike him in WCW. I always thought that when he finally went to WCW again they should have turned him into a main eventer and given him a run with the title.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="justtxyank" data-cite="justtxyank" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Shane Douglas is a lot like HHH to me, which will probably upset ECW fans who like to think that their roster was full of guys better than anything the WWF or WCW could offer. Talented in the ring, but not overly so. Douglas was much better on the mic in my opinion, but they both just had that ability to add credibility to a match/feud/title. Especially as heels, they were both just so easy to hate. <p> </p><p> Douglas had the misfortune of running wrong with the kliq in the WWF and having Ric Flair dislike him in WCW. I always thought that when he finally went to WCW again they should have turned him into a main eventer and given him a run with the title.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I've ALWAYS made this connection. Douglas was HHH amped up a few notches. Douglas could do these insane promos because of how pissed off he legitimately was at people in the WWF and WCW who he felt held him back. I've seen a few shoot interviews (Forever Hardcore documentary being the latest) of Douglas and he thinks Flair has hated him since he threw down the NWA belt in '94. Even Terry Funk had animosity towards Douglas because of that (many others too), but Funk was able to get over that and do business with him. I've never read up on other Flair/Douglas stories though. So I'm a bit in the dark when it comes to that.</p><p> </p><p> HHH always had lackeys or a woman (Chyna/Stephanie) with him. Douglas was the same (Francine). They were both 'The Game' and 'The Franchise' of their companies. The characters were (at the core) the same thing, but both of them pulled it off differently for their environments. These are the type of heels I really like to get behind. Because even though you hate their freakin' guts because of what they say and do... you still want to see them wrestle. </p><p> </p><p> ECW and WWF did really good jobs back then getting you to hate these guys. I remember hating Douglas so much that I wanted to see Taz choke him out and win the ECW title at Guilty As Charged '99. First ECW PPV I ever saw as a 10-year old kid. Can't say I enjoyed garbage like New Jack, but the stories between the top guys was good stuff.</p>

It looked lik Joe and Hardy were going to feud but then Joe has to go off and act like a jack ass and get himself suspended if that is whats holding him back and he does this more often its his own fault. I like Joe but he is turning into a problem backstage why push him and by reports the same goes for Wolfe and Morgan.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LoganRodzen" data-cite="LoganRodzen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've ALWAYS made this connection. Douglas was HHH amped up a few notches. Douglas could do these insane promos because of how pissed off he legitimately was at people in the WWF and WCW who he felt held him back. I've seen a few shoot interviews (Forever Hardcore documentary being the latest) of Douglas and he thinks Flair has hated him since he threw down the NWA belt in '94. Even Terry Funk had animosity towards Douglas because of that (many others too), but Funk was able to get over that and do business with him. I've never read up on other Flair/Douglas stories though. So I'm a bit in the dark when it comes to that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Douglas believed (and probably accurately so) that Flair held him down when he was in WCW. Flair apparently refused to work a program with him and tried to nix his teaming with Ricky Steamboat. Douglas hated Flair and spent the next decade trashing Dick Flair routinely while in ECW. Douglas vs Flair was a match a lot of ECW fans wanted to see as Douglas had such a genuine hatred for him in his promos, and he was constantly calling him out. They eventually got to do a program in WCW.</p>

<p>Wolfpac Sting iritates me maybe more than any other pro wrestling character EVER. Why would Sting join the the <strong>nWo</strong> Wolfpac? Faces or not didn't most of the guys on that version of the nWo spend over a year trying to destroy him and the year before that didn't they attempt to frame him resulting in him stalking in the rafters for year? Seriously he spent two years being the only guy not named DDP to fight the nWo and not join and then he just up and joins. </p><p> </p><p>

I get what they were trying to do with the Wolfpac, they were behind, the ratings were slipping and the nWo had lost its cool factor so they figured since the nWo isn't cool anymore, maybe a spin off OF the nWo would be. Sadly I never got it. All they succeeded in doing was making Luger and Sting look like jackasses. </p><p> </p><p>

/rant</p>

<p>Does anyone else think in angles when Abyss he should learn to sell it abit better, I saw a few different people for that matter poorly sell a kick, I think there was one in the (awesome(again)) Beer Money MGMC match and a couple in the ECW alumni angles, I find this strange, is it just me or is there a reason that some angles seem a bit messy? I enjoy them, don't get me wrong, but they do seem a tad disorganised at time.</p><p> </p><p>

Also I hope Tommy doesn't where that weird attire like he has been on impact, and Jerry Lynn For the win! Sting was great and even if the old guys storyline doesn't go in the ring, some of the storyline's just from the angles will be cool.</p>

<p>damnit TNA, let 1998 WCW go....</p><p> </p><p>

This is what annoys me about the company, they have SO MUCH talent, but rather than do something new and exciting, they'd rather give me the nWo wolfpac...</p><p> </p><p>

Great TNA, just what i wanted to see, a watered down reunion of a great stable 10-12 years past all the members prime.</p><p> </p><p>

No wonder AJ and the other guys are pissed at Dixie....ECW is one thing, as long as it's one PPV. this is quite another.</p><p> </p><p>

I feel like TNA just throws random nostalgia from the monday night wars out there and hopes that it will catch fire. News flash dixie: it won't.</p><p> </p><p>

Use some of the great talent you push one week then forget about for the next two to rehash these angles, and carve out your own storylines and angles.</p><p> </p><p>

Hell, for awhile after the MEM i thought they were on the right track, but now every new "OMG!!" moment is something that i really don't care about in 2010.</p><p> </p><p>

Hogan and Flair take on two TNA originals and make them watered down versions of themselves: pass.</p><p> </p><p>

The Nwo gets back together as "the band": pass.</p><p> </p><p>

ECW revival: pass, to late for this TNA</p><p> </p><p>

NWO wolfpac!: see above</p><p> </p><p>

I'm begging you TNA, use guys like lethal, wolfe, anderson, angle, AJ, joe, morgan, ect. and build new story lines around those guys. your doing this to an extent in the midcard, just make it your focus.</p><p> </p><p>

Stop with dreging up angles from 1999 and thinking they'll catch fire. just...stop. please.</p><p> </p><p>

I was all for bringing in Hogan and Easy E when they promised to bring something "new" to TNA. all we've seen is TNA trying to revive WCW/ECW circa 1998.</p><p> </p><p>

I mean, i wouldn't even MIND if they did the angles from that time as long as they would use the workers I actually give a flying poop about. by all means, rehash those angles just like every other company, but push your new blood in those roles. Don't throw Sting into the ring and expect me to care. </p><p> </p><p>

Hell, i didn't care about wolfpac sting back then, i sure don't care now that he's well past his prime.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wolfpac Sting iritates me maybe more than any other pro wrestling character EVER. Why would Sting join the the <strong>nWo</strong> Wolfpac? Faces or not didn't most of the guys on that version of the nWo spend over a year trying to destroy him and the year before that didn't they attempt to frame him resulting in him stalking in the rafters for year? Seriously he spent two years being the only guy not named DDP to fight the nWo and not join and then he just up and joins. <p> </p><p> I get what they were trying to do with the Wolfpac, they were behind, the ratings were slipping and the nWo had lost its cool factor so they figured since the nWo isn't cool anymore, maybe a spin off OF the nWo would be. Sadly I never got it. All they succeeded in doing was making Luger and Sting look like jackasses. </p><p> </p><p> /rant</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I agree entirely... the only problem with that was, for some reason, Nash and Sting joining up made WCW fan's pop big time. The Wolfpack lost all its sense and marbles when it swerved back to nWo Hollywood rather than be the internal politick it needed to destroy itself.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="crownsy" data-cite="crownsy" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I'm begging you TNA, use guys like lethal, wolfe, anderson, angle, AJ, joe, morgan, ect. and build new story lines around those guys. your doing this to an extent in the midcard, just make it your focus.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Everyone you listed that TNA should build new story lines around are all in a storyline right now and have been on TV much more in the past two months than Nash and Sting.</p><p> </p><p> You're hyperbolizing like crazy bro!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Slagaholic" data-cite="Slagaholic" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Everyone you listed that TNA should build new story lines around are all in a storyline right now and have been on TV much more in the past two months than Nash and Sting.<p> </p><p> You're hyperbolizing like crazy bro!</p></div></blockquote><p> I agree--aside from Desmond, at least. That guy has amounted to a big pile of nothing since Hogan & Bischoff came in.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZ1Zx_Moik" rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbZ1Zx_Moik</a></p><p> </p><p>

I love the promo. Very old school feel. Tag team cutting a promo. Interviewer holding the mic looking bored, pretty valet looking bored on the side. Banner hanging slightly off kilter in the background. I miss those days!</p><p> </p><p>

He's heading in the right direction! Watch the finish of the match and tell me TNA didn't just stub their toe on a brick made of gold!</p>

<p>I just want the Surfer Sting to come back. I know that sounds lame but I never really liked Wolf Pack or Crow Sting. I understand that will never happen but that was always my favorite version of Sting.</p><p> </p><p>

The Ric Flair match was just horrible, I felt a bit uncomfortable watching it. I did like Doug Williams getting involved but besides that I was not a fan of the match.</p>

Wolfe had a great promo and then Magnus had a not so great promo. But damn Wolfe can talk, he pretty much murdered Flair in that promo. He turned what I thought was a huge blow to his character by not being selected into a great promo and made him look actually stronger by doing the promo. Too bad 12 people saw it on Xplosion.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wolfe had a great promo and then Magnus had a not so great promo. But damn Wolfe can talk, he pretty much murdered Flair in that promo. He turned what I thought was a huge blow to his character by not being selected into a great promo and made him look actually stronger by doing the promo. Too bad 12 people saw it on Xplosion.</div></blockquote><p> Yeah, seriously. That was awesome, but I'd have never seen it if the video hadn't been posted in this thread.</p>

<p>What baffles me about the whole Hogan-Bicsh-Sting-Nash thing from Impact is the way they set it up. </p><p> </p><p>

Hogan gives Nash a talking to about how it's their time to step aside and let the new generation have the limelight, and that their time has passed...</p><p> </p><p>

...before the whole thing devolves into Nash and Sting fighting Hogan and Eric, presumably setting up a programme between them like it's 1998 all over again. </p><p> </p><p>

What made it worse/funny was that Hogan's comments seemed to get a genuine round of applause from the fans.</p>

What baffles me is I know I'm a Wolfe fanboy but tell me he's not one of the top five promos in the company. I mean maybe I'm overexaggerating but his promos sound so natural like he's an English (richard) naturally. I don't know much about Magnus aside from the fact he's not much of a promo guy. I hope this duo leads to Wolfe back on my television with a steady push every week.