The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

Yeah, the AJ vs Bully Ray match was awesome. AJ really needs to get involved in the world title picture asap.

Speaking of the World Title, wth was that finish? I mean first the dodgy count with Bischoff, and then as if that wasn't bad enough Anderson low blowed Sting... right in front of the referee. I mean it couldn't have been more obvious, or any more in the ref's view. I'm guessing they'll have some elaborate story where Bischoff has the ref's in his pocket or something, but... why?

Jackson James has had A LOT of dodgy decisions and he is Bischoff's son so I hope they don't go the route of him as Immortal's referee. As for the pin Sting was made to look really dumb, don't referees say 1, 2, 3 surely he would have heard two when the ref put his hand down and kept on the pin. And then as you said, the low blow right after, no wonder they put JJ Angle on after it!

Granted I did not see the PPV because I no longer buy any PPV for any company. I find reading about them is just as good and I am not out the arm and leg that companies charge for PPV's now.

Reading about a TNA PPV makes my head spin; I imagine actually watching one would make it fall off.

Jackson James has had A LOT of dodgy decisions and he is Bischoff's son so I hope they don't go the route of him as Immortal's referee. As for the pin Sting was made to look really dumb, don't referees say 1, 2, 3 surely he would have heard two when the ref put his hand down and kept on the pin. And then as you said, the low blow right after, no wonder they put JJ Angle on after it!

I'm still questioning JJ vs Kurt as the last match. Nothing about it stood out to me. I figured there'd be a huge swerve or something to justify it. Overall a solid ppv though, although I don't like the Sting finish, nor his jokeresque facepaint

I'm still questioning JJ vs Kurt as the last match. Nothing about it stood out to me. I figured there'd be a huge swerve or something to justify it. Overall a solid ppv though, although I don't like the Sting finish, nor his jokeresque facepaint

I think TNA made the right call in putting Agle/Jarrett last. I would have been even more pissed off with the Sting match finish id it had been on last. Also by putting it on last, hopefully this will actually be the blowoff for Angle/Jarrett, and both men can move on to pastures new. God knows Angle needs to.

I keep hearing about the finish to the Anderson/Sting match, what was it?

Basically, Sting hits the Scorpian Deathdrop and covers Anderson. Bischoff (who had come done to ringside earlier in the match) hits the mat in between the ref's one and two count. Sting was looking the other way, so upon hearing 3 hits on the mat, he rolls off of Anderson and begins to celebrate. Jackson James tells him it was only a two count. Sting argues with him a bit, then argues with Bischoff. Eventually he goes to pick up Anderson, but gets low blowed right in front of the ref... who does nothing. Anderson then hits Mic Check and wins.

is the story bout jeff hardy using a taser on matts girlfriend real?? if so he is just a tool lol

Yup. Saw the video before they took it down.

The issue with the video wasnt so much the tasering of Reby Sky, as weird as that sounds. They were simply doing Jackass-y stuff which I think most of us are guilty of at some point, maybe not a stun gun but whatever.

What was really, lets just say sad, about the video is how drugged up and drunk they all seemed to be. With Jeff Hardy doing all his court stuff / getting sober and in the midst of that you release a video of drunken/drugged out idiocy? Thats the issue. When Matt Hardy was acting like a maniac to seemingly get released then said it was all part of the plan or whatever, while people just said he was coked up and he denied it, then he releases this coked up videos is what I think the true idiocy of the whole thing comes from.

At least they're trying to make new stars.

Hey, it's a start.

:o

Yeah but I'd rather see them build on the ones they already have but are horribly mis-treating, like AJ Styles, The Pope, Samoa Joe, even Matt Morgan... I mean, these guys at least have that certain star quality feel to them.

Yeah but I'd rather see them build on the ones they already have but are horribly mis-treating, like AJ Styles, The Pope, Samoa Joe, even Matt Morgan... I mean, these guys at least have that certain star quality feel to them.

No doubt.

I worry that Crimson might not be ready for this push he's getting, and I have a bad feeling they're pushing the other feller a little too fast. By all rights, AJ should be the face of the company by now, why he's not is anyone's guess.

Guess we have to sit back and hope for the best.

:(

What do you guys think about A Double returning to TNA?

I'm not sure how I feel. I guess it depends how he is used, I would like him to do really well, but I see him being lost in the shuffle, which would make me sad.

He was recently talking about losing his desire to wrestle, and possibly move away from the business. However he was talking about wanting to do something new, that will help him grow, so hopefully he gets that opporunity here.

I guess its just a wait and see.

What's wrong with Gunner he had a good match with Christopher Daniels a few weeks a go, oh yeah, Daniels can carry anyone. :) As forAuston Aries meh, I can't see TNA doing mmuch with him but he could be useful for Destination X but I wonder if Kash and Rave will make it onto the PPV. Sounds like an OKAY show but RVD vs. Joe should become an actual feud and be on Destination X rather than this match.

At least they're trying to make new stars.

Hey, it's a start.

:o

I think the problem is they are about 5 years late on this plan. AJ, Daniels, Joe and to a lesser extent Matt Morgan, Beer Money and Abyss had/have great potential to be big stars but have been buried, misused, poorly booked and basically ****ed over so many times for soooo long that they (TNA) missed the boat with them. Now, after 8 years in business TNA has to start over with a new batch of guys, some worthy some not, and try to build them up. Also, I'm sure Hogan and Bischoff want "their guys" in place, not the guys who were already employeed when they got there. (See AJ Styles: from longest reigning TNA World Champion to jobbing to 40 some year old Tommy Dreamer.) It's a shame because they had/have a talented core of wrestlers but can't seem to figure out how to use them

Of course, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong

Snip

Same thing with the WWE, really. They rushed the Nexus & NXT to buy time, ended up crippling the momentum of everyone to come out of NXT except for Daniel Bryan (his own fanbase and already a veteran outside the WWE), Wade Barrett (currently mid-carding with Ezekiel Jackson) & Alex Riley (face turning against his mentor).

Honestly, it seems ROH is the best promotion when it comes to elevating talent.

Same thing with the WWE, really. They rushed the Nexus & NXT to buy time, ended up crippling the momentum of everyone to come out of NXT except for Daniel Bryan (his own fanbase and already a veteran outside the WWE), Wade Barrett (currently mid-carding with Ezekiel Jackson) & Alex Riley (face turning against his mentor).

Honestly, it seems ROH is the best promotion when it comes to elevating talent.

The big difference is the WW_ has a huge marketing machine, massive fanbase, multi-generational brand loyalty and as much as I hate to say it...John Cena. They will be fine till the next 'Big Thing' come along. TNA on the other hand is basically a big indie show with a nice TV deal. If it weren't for Panda Energy (Dixie Carter's parents) owning the promotion they would be doomed

I like Gunner alright but i love crimson he's awesome I hope he is TNA by BFG. Also Gunner is underrated in the ring He carried Murphy in that tag team and has a bright future.

Gunner, in a previous life as Phil Shatter was quite good on the indie scene for awhile before joining TNA. I haven't seen alot of him myself, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he works out. Don't know much about Crimson though.

The big difference is the WW_ has a huge marketing machine, massive fanbase, multi-generational brand loyalty and as much as I hate to say it...John Cena. They will be fine till the next 'Big Thing' come along. TNA on the other hand is basically a big indie show with a nice TV deal. If it weren't for Panda Energy (Dixie Carter's parents) owning the promotion they would be doomed.
If it wasn't for the Carters, TNA would have died in October of 2002.

Gunner, in a previous life as Phil Shatter was quite good on the indie scene for awhile before joining TNA. I haven't seen alot of him myself, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he works out. Don't know much about Crimson though.

I'm pretty sure the NWA was grooming him to be a top guy for them. As for Tommy Mercer, he's green as goose**** if I remember some of his matched with Absolute Intense Wrestling.

The first match announced for Destination X is a rematch of the greatest match in TNA history AJ Styles Vs Samoa Joe Vs Christopher Daniels

Hmm. How many times can they keep doing that, though? And why now, after having thrown all these three into obscurity and semi-jobbing for so long? They could at least have bothered to give them the X Division belt to fight for, to give the match some extra prestige...