The Official TNA / Impact / GFW Discussion Thread

Adam Ryland

<p>"Watched" the first hour before giving up... and by that I mean I flicked back & forth between CSI and Fantastic Four 2, while checking to see if any wrestling was going on. I saw the knockouts match. I saw EC3. I loved the jobber this week. So much fire, and Bateman gave him a great comeback. </p><p> </p><p>

In summary, I preferred Chris Evans as the Human Torch.</p>

<p>I haven't been a fan of Jesse. Teaming with Robbie E makes him look bad by comparison. Yet I watched him have a really fun match with Joe Park on last week's Xplosion, so I'm not writing him out just yet.</p><p> </p><p>

P.S. This week's Xplosion had Aries vs Kazarian on it. Really dug it.</p>

What's going on with TNA being up for sale? Any leads on who may buy them or how much the company might be going for? Is WWE considering buying it for the video library? Can't imagine WWE using them for anything other than the library.

Lets be honest. It really can't be selling for that much, given the condition the promotion is in at the moment. WCW sold for barely anything, and I'd have to believe it was in slightly better standing than TNA currently is.

I've heard a lot of talk about Spike potentially picking it up, but so far that's just been talk without any real fact to back it up. I've had a couple of conversations with my boss about finding out the specifics. If it's cheap enough and Spike's going to keep it on the air, it could be worth getting an offer on the table.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="juggaloninjalee" data-cite="juggaloninjalee" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>What's going on with TNA being up for sale? Any leads on who may buy them or how much the company might be going for? Is WWE considering buying it for the video library? Can't imagine WWE using them for anything other than the library.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Wrestlezone is claiming that, as of right now, a name that's circulating in buying TNA is Billy Corgan (Lead singer of the Smashing Pumpkins and owner of Resistance Pro Wrestling). </p><p> </p><p> First and foremost, it's ALWAYS best to take these kinds of stories with a grain of salt. That said, If true, and if something like this were to come together, I have NO idea how I think about it? I mean, I liked Smashing Pumpkins back in the 90's but that's the only thing I have to base anything off of. ha.</p><p> </p><p> I'm not sure how his RPW is booked or his wrestling philosophies. That said, I guess this is a potential option out there?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Janice Carter and Dixie have both said the rumors are false.<p> </p><p> I know that's not saying much, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Rumors that they are selling or the Billy Corgan development?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Rumors that they are selling or the Billy Corgan development?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Rumors that they're selling. </p><p> </p><p> The names I've heard that are interested in buying are Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, and Viacom. </p><p> </p><p> But the Carter family is denying that there is any intention to sell.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Rumors that they're selling. <p> </p><p> The names I've heard that are interested in buying are Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, and Viacom. </p><p> </p><p> But the Carter family is denying that there is any intention to sell.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They should (if it'd mean that the 'Dixie Carter Heel Character' went away for good; it's extremely difficult to watch).</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Wrestlezone is claiming that, as of right now, a name that's circulating in buying TNA is Billy Corgan (Lead singer of the Smashing Pumpkins and owner of Resistance Pro Wrestling). </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Pro-tip E-V, but Wrestlezone isn't that good for credible rumors. When you've got one guy employed by ROH, another whose personal mission in life is to hypocritically, misogynistically slag everything known as TNA or Hulk Hogan while putting over his brief brief time in WCW and then half a dozen writers who range for horrible to average in regards to both columns and "reporting", you need a lot of work before you get believed.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Hashasheen" data-cite="Hashasheen" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Pro-tip E-V, but Wrestlezone isn't that good for credible rumors. When you've got one guy employed by ROH, another whose personal mission in life is to hypocritically, misogynistically slag everything known as TNA or Hulk Hogan while putting over his brief brief time in WCW and then half a dozen writers who range for horrible to average in regards to both columns and "reporting", you need a lot of work before you get believed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Did NOT know that. Ha.</p><p> </p><p> I guess I need to find a better site!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Eisen-verse" data-cite="Eisen-verse" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Did NOT know that. Ha.<p> </p><p> I guess I need to find a better site!</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Personally, I suggest just doing your best to ignore the "reports & news", that all the wrestling "journalists" put out. The editorials are occasionally very well done or intelligent across the web, but otherwise you're just paying their advertisement slots and making yourself get way too invested in what may or may not happen. </p><p> </p><p> I've been pretty much been sticking to NXT episodes and Raw/Smackdown reviews via Klunderbunker Wrestling Review to find some good matches and angles that come out each week.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>prowrestling.net is usually my go to and to a lesser extent, ewrestlingnews.com</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Ewrestlingnews is where I go but I'm not sure I'd call Ryan the most reliable guy to get news from.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Jaysin" data-cite="Jaysin" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="25170" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Apparently TNA severed ties with OVW.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I don't know about their financial status but from a fan's perspective it just keeps looking worse and worse.</p>

<p>so angle's injury on thurs (here for those who didn't see it or the follow up video <a href="http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/5093-IMPACT365-Exclusive-Footage-Kurt-Angle-s-Condition-After-IMPACT-Went-Off-The-Air" rel="external nofollow">http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/5093-IMPACT365-Exclusive-Footage-Kurt-Angle-s-Condition-After-IMPACT-Went-Off-The-Air</a>)</p><p> </p><p>

real or fake? If he's faking, which would mesh with the storyline, it's some of the best acting I've seen. That said, fake or not, my first thought watching the follow up video was, "yeah, the first thing the emergency crew does with a person with a head and neck injury is stand them up and walk backstage". Either bad writing, or a dumb crew.</p><p> </p><p>

Thought it was an interesting show as was noting that all three of MEM are in one half of the bracket. curious to see If sting or magnus will be the one to turn.</p>