DOTM: November Nominations

RULES please read I have made a small change

1. You have 3 votes to either nominate or 2nd, 1 for each category

(The TigerKinney Rule)

You may substitute your Real World and Cornellverse nomination or 2nd between the two. The Rookie Vote must go to a Rookie Diary Category or be left unused

2. you may not nominate or 2nd yourself

3. All nominations need to be seconded to make the voting round

4. All nominations must include a reason

5. Real World & Cornellverse: must have at least
    shows, with at least 2 of those shows this month.

6. Rookie DOTM:any diary started since the first of the prior month -October 1st- the only post requirement for rookie is one show in the current month. (none diary threads are no longer eligible)

7. You CAN nominate the the winners from last month's Rookie Category to the full awards regardless of start date (FINisher's "The Jobber's Guide to Superstardom: 'The Tutorial'" )

8. You can NOT nominate Eisen-verse's "PSW: The Evolution of Greed"

9. You can NOT nominate dse81's "The New NWA"

2nd* - means that the diary has been seconded so that you do not waste your vote, or fail to 2nd a diary you want to see put up for diary of the month

Real World DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=31201]Tristram's "WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW""[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=51187]totti's "WWF 1998: What if Bret had stayed?"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=41930]Togg's "TNA - No Limitations "Goodbye Russo""[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=39102]The Final Countdown's '' "ROH- We don't imitate, we innovate (2002)"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=46137]Oldschool's "WWWF: Re-writing History: No Hulk/No Vince (D.O.T.T)"[/thread]
  • [thread=47544]Hyde Hills "TNA: Everything Is On The Line!"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=50981]Sebsy's "WWE: Where It All Begins Again..... Again!"[/thread]

Cornellverse DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=33304]Tigerkinney's "Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse)"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=41609]Marcel Fromage's "XWA: American Wrestling just got serious"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=51450]angeldelayette's "USPW: The Long Hard Road From Cult"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=68678]Phantom "Strangers TCW A Quiet Retirement"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=47697]Zeel1's "TCW: Total Control"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=43681]Dragonmack's "MHW 3 Parts Pain and 1 Part Tequila"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=32191]James Casey's "MAW: 10 Simple Rules..."[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=57023]FINisher's "The Jobber's Guide to Superstardom: 'The Tutorial'"[/thread]
  • [thread=38742]Self's "Cverse Draft 2009: Frontier Combat Kingdom"[/thread]

Rookie DOTM nominee's:

• 2nd* [thread=55914]Olympia's "MIDSOUTH (The Watts Way)"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=59486]Foolinc's "TEW 108: I Can Be A Booker!?"[/thread]
  • 2nd* [thread=62824]^{-kelly-kelly-}^'s "WWE - A new begining"[/thread]
  • [thread=59219]Sonfaro's "APWF: War Diaries (C'Verse '75)"[/thread]
  • [thread=58732]jw_forever's "WWE 2006: New Year, New Stars, New Beginnings"[/thread]

Nominations will be open until November 30th (12 pm Eastern)

please note that iMac, Self & Mistaken have the ability to update this thread, have a happy healthy thanksgiving (even those of you who do not celebrate it)

[thread=57268]Get in your Must read List nominations they also close at midnight November 30th[/thread]

Not sure where the right place to post this is, but I really want to encourage regular readers of diaries to use the star system. a 4 star diary with 50 votes, means way more to me than a 5 star with 2 votes.

I know the system got abused in the past, but I really wish it got used more often.

-end random diatribe-

Thanks alot Zeel. I'm trying to get Mania up as soon as possible, but with it being the biggest show of the year I really don't want to rush it.

----------------

I'll use a nomination for Tristram and his masterpiece that is WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW". It's going to be tough to nominate and vote from now on though with the return of FMTA. If Nevvy comes back i'm going to have a headache.

I'll use a nomination for Tristram and his masterpiece that is WCW 1998: A prequel to "Death of WCW". It's going to be tough to nominate and vote from now on though with the return of FMTA. If Nevvy comes back i'm going to have a headache.

I second the tristram nomination. His has always been an amazing read and this month has been no exception to the rule.

I'll start off by nominating Tigerkinney's Puerto Rican Self Preservation Society: Version 2.0 (Cornellverse) for CV diary of the month as he's picked up speed once more, and continues to post compelling, episodic stories where everyone has a place and a defined character.

Are you sure about everyone having a defined character ? Have you forgotten about such bland jobbers as Remmy Honeyman and Patrick Cudelli ? and what has Austin Smooth done since I picked him up :D

Anyway I'm going to put Phantom Strangers TCW A Quiet Retirement up for nomination in the Cornellverse category for continued quality and compelling storylines and will also put in a nom for Dragonmack's MHW 3 Parts Pain and 1 Part Tequila which now looks as though it's beginning to find it's legs as it moves into a new phase with the old feuds wrapped up and some new feuds on the horizon.

I 2nd angeldelayette's USPW: Long Hard Road From Cult for C-Verse pick. Just a great read and like I have said in the past angeldelayette is a machine churning out shows at a rapid pace and the shows never lack quality.

I nominate Togg's TNA - No Limitations "Goodbye Russo". This is a really good diary and the whole way the diary is set up really enhances the read for me.

I'll put my vote up for USPW: The Long Hard Road From Cult.

I 2nd angeldelayette's USPW: Long Hard Road From Cult for C-Verse pick. Just a great read and like I have said in the past angeldelayette is a machine churning out shows at a rapid pace and the shows never lack quality.

I just wanted to say that though people don't get presents on Thanksgiving, this was a wonderful one to get nominated and seconded on the first day! Thanks, guys!

Not sure where the right place to post this is, but I really want to encourage regular readers of diaries to use the star system. a 4 star diary with 50 votes, means way more to me than a 5 star with 2 votes.

I know the system got abused in the past, but I really wish it got used more often.

-end random diatribe-

I understand where you are coming from, and in theory it is a good idea. But this is the diary of the Month. Sure, a four star diary with 50 votes does mean ALOT more than a 5 star with 2 votes. But a diary with 50 votes have built those votes up over a number of months, even years. And although their diaries may be consistently good, there may be a new diary coming up that edged it in terms of quality. So in my eyes, people should vote with who they believe produced the better diary in that month. Just my opinion. Anyway, Back on topic...

I would like to use my real world vote for The Final Countdown's '' "ROH- We don't imitate, we innovate (2002)". His shows still have me interested and feel very authentic to the old school ROH shows.

Still deciding on my rookie and CV diaries.

Are you sure about everyone having a defined character ? Have you forgotten about such bland jobbers as Remmy Honeyman and Patrick Cudelli ? and what has Austin Smooth done since I picked him up :D

I thought Remmy's deal was that, well, he was a bland jobber? :p As for Austin Smooth, well, he's young. There's time.

Patrick Cudelli, ultimately, is someone I just blank on. He's like Stevie Grayson - just without any talent.

Anyway I'm going to put Phantom Strangers TCW A Quiet Retirement up for nomination in the Cornellverse category for continued quality and compelling storylines and will also put in a nom for Dragonmack's MHW 3 Parts Pain and 1 Part Tequila which now looks as though it's beginning to find it's legs as it moves into a new phase with the old feuds wrapped up and some new feuds on the horizon.

Appreciate the nod, TK. I should actually mention this to folks more, I guess - I keep blanking on that - but it's good to see support of whatever kind.

I am going to nominate Zeel1's TCW: Total Control for the C-Verse. Some great write ups on a promotion that surprising only a couple of people have taken a real shot at (weird to say since Phantom Stranger has also been running a great TCW diary as well).

For rookie diary, I'll nominate Sonfaro's APWF: War Diaries (C'Verse '75). It has a solid setup and looks to have some staying power here in the forums.

Edit: I forgot that I can nominate 2 Cornellverse diaries, so I'll go with one of the best long running diaries on the forums today, MAW: 10 Simple Rules... by James Casey.

I'm nominating Olympia's: MIDSOUTH (The Watts Way) for Rookie Diary

Its a history lesson, that gives us a great feel of a promotion that is a bit of an underdog in 1983, but has alot of talent...

Its very easy to read, and interactive...

I think DOTT is an either love it or hate it, because everyone already has preconceived notions of what should happen, but this Mid South has a nice alterior path being carved out for itself...

Olympia also shares his thought process and backstage note/finances with us, to give us a good understanding of whats going on...

I am going to nominate Zeel1's TCW: Total Control for the C-Verse. Some great write ups on a promotion that surprising only a couple of people have taken a real shot at (weird to say since Phantom Stranger has also been running a great TCW diary as well).

For rookie diary, I'll nominate Sonfaro's APWF: War Diaries (C'Verse '75). It has a solid setup and looks to have some staying power here in the forums.

Finally, someone nominated Zeel's "TCW: Total Control" diary. I second it. I was going to do it, but I want to save it up for...

a nomination. I nominate FINisher's "The Jobber's Guide to Superstardom: 'The Tutorial'" diary, for showing us how to run a promotion, and two different ones at that.

Finally, someone nominated Zeel's "TCW: Total Control" diary. I second it. I was going to do it, but I want to save it up for...

a nomination. I nominate FINisher's "The Jobber's Guide to Superstardom: 'The Tutorial'" diary, for showing us how to run a promotion, and two different ones at that.

FINisher's diary already won that award last month.

FINisher's diary already won that award last month.

I'm not nominated for the Rookie, I'm nominating it for the C-Verse. As for the Rooke Nomination... I nominate Foolinc's "TEW 108: I Can Be A Booker!?", because it's been very helpful in showing me how to run a promotion.

I guess that removes any ambiguities.

Archived