strange events/deaths/other events 2010

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always played MAW, and only MAW, since TEW became a game. With others that play or know MAW, I am used to Rip Chord retiring at some point which creates a road agent and popular on-screen worker issue. Thus I am used to that ultimate casualty. Starting with the previous version of TEW, I also had to stomach the next generation Chord eventually becoming the lord of the playpen.

However, I was not used to all of that happening within the first few days of starting the game. Among other strange "worldly" events such as El Rey exploding for no apparent reason the day after all eyes were upon him, my new boss is causing no problems at all. For over two years! American Patriot piloted the company as champion and was repeatedly making the back area a better place.

Everything was going great and my job was becoming rather easy...until, out of nowhere, Jay decided to dive head first into jerk-face mode. He and Patriot get into an "ego" based argument and two new goals pop-up for me. Both instruct that I must basically destroy Patriot's MAW career.

So now, I am having to cater to the guy who has made it an almost guaranteed occurrence every single event to fight with fans and create all sorts of locker room heat. This while having to squash the worker who was putting on great matches, even with his physical ailments, and brought free beers for all...a lot.

Currently, both hate each other and are a negative influence backstage. The exit door widens every show for Bulldozer. The best part is, I'm loving every second of it.

Not so much funny ha as funny odd and sad.

It's now 2016 in my CZCW game.

I've negotiated with Paul Steadyfast a few time over the years but he's always asked more than I was willing to pay him.

I just checked his history. He hasn't been employed by anyone since 2010. He's done nothing but American Independent shows. He's 40 now. He should probably pack it in!

Or write a movie based on his life starring a washed up star who uses it as a comeback vehicle.

I've always played MAW, and only MAW, since TEW became a game. With others that play or know MAW, I am used to Rip Chord retiring at some point which creates a road agent and popular on-screen worker issue. Thus I am used to that ultimate casualty. Starting with the previous version of TEW, I also had to stomach the next generation Chord eventually becoming the lord of the playpen.

However, I was not used to all of that happening within the first few days of starting the game. Among other strange "worldly" events such as El Rey exploding for no apparent reason the day after all eyes were upon him, my new boss is causing no problems at all. For over two years! American Patriot piloted the company as champion and was repeatedly making the back area a better place.

Everything was going great and my job was becoming rather easy...until, out of nowhere, Jay decided to dive head first into jerk-face mode. He and Patriot get into an "ego" based argument and two new goals pop-up for me. Both instruct that I must basically destroy Patriot's MAW career.

So now, I am having to cater to the guy who has made it an almost guaranteed occurrence every single event to fight with fans and create all sorts of locker room heat. This while having to squash the worker who was putting on great matches, even with his physical ailments, and brought free beers for all...a lot.

Currently, both hate each other and are a negative influence backstage. The exit door widens every show for Bulldozer. The best part is, I'm loving every second of it.

I know the feeling. Jay is such a little prick! :p

BSC & AAA just signed a working agreement... Is that odd? It seems odd?

Also managed to pick up Steve Frehely, mysteriously let go from his SWF contract. 3 weeks into working for me he signed for TCW. I gave him a nice exit, main eventing a Friday Night Pay Per View, before he headed to TCW for their Sunday Night PPV... where he promptly destroyed Rocky Golden for the World Heavyweight Title.

SWF crashes

Not sure if this is just a random event or a random game bug.

I'm currently in August of 2010, two months ago SWF achieved Global status. But when August began they crashed to Cult status. Like I said not sure if this was just a random thing but they were also at war or openly hostile with TCW (international), CGC (national) and PGHW (international).

But in my 3 test runs with different promotions before I learned enough to keep going past March LOL They were extremely difficult to deal with when it came to establishing a positive relationship. Maybe they just got slammed on 3 fronts?

[/b]

In other news, the sky is blue.

It really is saddening that, after all these years of TEW, modmakers still grossly over-inflate stats in real world mods.

Folks should do everything in their power to go, look at the C-Verse, and base their workers' stats accordingly. There's no reason that Jeff Hardy should be much better than, say, Brett Biggz.

This is why as soon as i get the game and time I am making a real world mod based of the C-Verse. Say 70 workers at the start of Jan 2010 have a B/80 in brawling then only 70 will have it in the real world, same goes for overness taking into account the highest region(s). So Mystico is not an A in Mexico but a B- ala Champagne Lover.

Edit lol just read your post Remi and yes I would limit the number of promotions and number of workers as I am not a completionist. The only big difference would be it would be more US centered.

As for strange events Phoenix 1 took Gino Montero as his protoge! Lol like he a) needs it and b) try stealing him now SOTBW or MPHW!

So...

Herb Staley signed a developmental deal with RIPW and the very next day I have a show (which will be Herb Staley's last).

Herb Staley ripped off a powerful fart, so... I've decided to fire him. He both dislikes me and is VERY HAPPY with my handling of said farting incident.

EDIT:Also, said fart incident is a positive backstage.

So...

Herb Staley signed a developmental deal with RIPW and the very next day I have a show (which will be Herb Staley's last).

Herb Staley ripped off a powerful fart, so... I've decided to fire him. He both dislikes me and is VERY HAPPY with my handling of said farting incident.

EDIT:Also, said fart incident is a positive backstage.

Awesome stuff...I think it would be a 'gas' if a worker let one go and then blamed it on another backstage, (I know, more of a suggestion).

For example, Giant Brody unleashing a jalapeno-induced barrage and blaming it on Joanna Silver. Creating some negative back area heat between the two of course.

Was playing the Know Your Role mod, just screwing around, and decided to bankrup/destroy WWE and TNA via the editor so I could boost the global fed I'd created's ranks while mucking about seeing how things played.

Every single worker I poached from TNA would get fired by them after they signed a written contract with me.

EVERY. SINGLE. ONE.

Meanwhile Vinnie Mac just let his workers ride out until they jumped ship without any qualms.

Apparently Dixie Carter is a bigger jerk than Vince McMahon.

Not strange so much as frustrating.

I was playing a goof around game with SWF, and tried to sign Bryan Vessey. I finally get an offer set that he doesn't outright object to, but tells me that BHOTWG is offering more money. So I up the money...and keep upping it. It never seems to be enough, BHOTWG always over bids me. I finally reach the cap that Jerry Eisen (who is now in charge of the company) is willing to let me spend, which is $60,000. Since this isn't enough, I decide that I'm curious what it would take to get him. So I start upping everything else, until I'm offering 50% on merchandise and 50% PPV bonus, creative control, main event title, and no house shows. He still says that the BHOTWG offer is better.

I'm kinda glad I was forced out, because I didn't really want to pay quite that much for any single worker.

Afterwards, I checked through the editor to see what he was making with BHOTWG: $65000.

On a side note, there's a worker I really wanted, and tried to negotiate with him. He wanted $175000 a month. I didn't even try.

Archived