strange events/deaths/other events 2010

Bryan Vessey and Wolf Hawkins have awful chemistry? What the f**k

Why is that weird?

Wolf and Cornell having awful chemistry would be quite weird I guess, but what's so special about Vessey? Dude wasn't even wrestling when Vessey left for Japan...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is that weird?

Wolf and Cornell having awful chemistry would be quite weird I guess, but what's so special about Vessey? Dude wasn't even wrestling when Vessey left for Japan...

I'm just saying that I thought Vessey and Hawkins would at least give me a B+ given Vessey's psychology and basics is an A. Both men wrestle the same style so once I saw them with a D+ I have pissed because that ruined my show. Also, I didn't do a twenty minute "all out" match. Instead, it was a scripted seventeen minute match and I put in the notes that the crowd should be going. That's the weird thing about it.

I'm just saying that I thought Vessey and Hawkins would at least give me a B+ given Vessey's psychology and basics is an A. Both men wrestle the same style so once I saw them with a D+ I have pissed because that ruined my show. Also, I didn't do a twenty minute "all out" match. Instead, it was a scripted seventeen minute match and I put in the notes that the crowd should be going. That's the weird thing about it.

I... don't think you should have those two in a 17 minute match "to get the crowd going." Or scripted.

They both, easily, have the psychology to call the match in the ring against each other, 17 minutes is probably too long for ANY "get the crowd going" matches, and Bryan Vessey would likely be AWFUL at attempting to get the crowd going. D- charisma =/= someone who should use that note (I think).

Heck, a longer match would've helped the match grade: so long as you remember to use the ever so useful "slow build" road agent note, and likely make it an open match.

Even with bad chemistry... I think those two should pull a B- if it's a 25+ minute, slow built, called in ring, open match.

A 17 minute match should ideally be called in ring, no match should be scripted if more than 15 minutes.

No, it's perfectly acceptable to script longer matches, particularly when the alternative involves a match-up that can't be called in ring. Ideally, though, any match oer that 15 minutes probably SHOULD have someone with solid psychology, even when scripted.

But I can and have recieved excellent match grades from long, scripted matches that were slow built. Some better than the same folks having a shorter, 10 minute all out match.

No, it's perfectly acceptable to script longer matches, particularly when the alternative involves a match-up that can't be called in ring. Ideally, though, any match oer that 15 minutes probably SHOULD have someone with solid psychology, even when scripted.

But I can and have recieved excellent match grades from long, scripted matches that were slow built. Some better than the same folks having a shorter, 10 minute all out match.

I've gotten penalties in the past for that, mostly things like "it lacked folw in the middle" or something of the like.

I've gotten penalties in the past for that, mostly things like "it lacked folw in the middle" or something of the like.

It lacks flow in the middle because the at least one of the workers doens't have the psychology to keep the flow going. If at least one of the workers ahs a decent psychology he can carry the other guy through thee match without getting that note.

In January of 1997, HGC crowned it's first ever champion...

Sam Strong? Rip Chord? Dread? One of the Vessey Brothers?

If only...

Instead:

Peter Valentine

Now, in March of 1998, over a year and 18 defences later Valentine is STILL champ and one of the most over wrestlers in America.

Even with their massive stars and talent, HGC haven't been able to drag more than a handful of B- title defences out of him... meaning the company itself is probably stuck at Cult until they finally drag the belt off his talentless ass.

Okay so not really strange but TCW have, as is always the case, brought back TCW Saturday Night Showcase. What is interesting(ish) is that for the first time ever in any of my games - it's actually on a Saturday! Go AI :D

Okay so not really strange but TCW have, as is always the case, brought back TCW Saturday Night Showcase. What is interesting(ish) is that for the first time ever in any of my games - it's actually on a Saturday! Go AI :D

Whoa! I've had pretty much every other day lmao.

Only a picture could do this one justice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/thehell.jpg

I call your attention to Mae Young in the upper left corner and the story in the lower right corner.

Asking questions about drug policy because an 87 year old employee dies? REALLY? :p

Only a picture could do this one justice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Kension/Misc/thehell.jpg

I call your attention to Mae Young in the upper left corner and the story in the lower right corner.

Asking questions about drug policy because an 87 year old employee dies? REALLY? :p

I like what you named the JPG - your words when you saw the two stories I imagine. It makes sense that the 'spotlight' would go on WWE because of a death (even old age), but it saying it's drug related is very strange.

Archived