strange events/deaths/other events 2010

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my Road To Glory game Dan Stone Jr just took ownership of NOTBPW... and made Edward Cornell his head booker. Cornell is on a PPA deal with NOTBPW, so he can still work for 21CW... oddly, Edward has 0 popularity in Canada... makes me wonder what 21CW are trying to pull on me here. I sense badness in UK wrestling, and it ain't the almost bottomed out wrestling industry...

<p>Playing Burning Hamster's 1996 mod.</p><p> </p><p>

Misawa becomes this huge, HUGE japanese star (over 90 across Japan) and gets quickly nabbed by NJPW, before his fateful matches against Kobashi, who still sits in the upper midcard of AJPW.</p><p> </p><p>

NJPW is also the number 3 promotion of the world, but puts better shows than WCW and WWF, so it's all a matter of time before they start making some splashes.</p>

Hired Zimmy Bumfole and his first three matches he gets a great chemistry note with first American Elemental, then Amazing Fire Fly, then Velocidad. He's a Main Eventer, Fire Fly & Velocidad started as openers. After one C+ rated match a piece with Zimmy they jump up to the mid-card. AmEl started as a mid-carder, his match with Zimmy put him at Upper-mid happy days for the cruiserweight division :D Well, except that AmEl has been signed away to tour Japan for 2 months and their tour has their show on the same day as me, damn you GCG!!

Playing XxFutureLegend112xX's absolutely fantastic 2000 mod, and a week before New Blood Rising Bill Goldberg heads to Hollywood to make a new film (Clutch Control). I don't think I've ever had that happen to one of my workers in all my time playing TEW. I'd be happy if he wasn't scheduled to fight in the PPV's main event :D

On the same day, I got the Rising Star news item for...Horace Hogan. I don't think so. :p

Mod: Death Of The WWE

Only a few days in, going on a signing spree as WCW. Learned a valuable lesson. Scott Hall is my second highest paid superstar, at $55,000, while Hulk Hogan is of course the highest paid. Entered negotiations with Scott Levy (Raven), ROH entered negotiations aswell. Now, I kept getting the message that stated he wanted to be paid higher, as persons around his level were getting paid so and so amount. I ended negotiations after he refused $65,000. The starting price was $17,000. Turns out, Scott Hall's popularity in America was only C-, while Raven's was B-. Now, I can either fire Scott Hall, or have some of the better midcard negotiators all having a deal of $50,000 and above. :mad:

In my MAW game, Dean Daniels took over USPW for Sam Strong.. I didn't think that was too odd, but then as I was glancing through the rosters of the big 3 (SWF, TCW, NotBPW), I was entirely confused for a moment to find Alicia Strong working up in Canada. Thought that was odd, but understandable.

So, I decide to punish Giant Redwood for being a dick in my USPW game by having him team with Daryl Divine against Tribal Force, with Redwood taking the fall and Divine looking strong.

Turns out they have excellent chemistry.

I'm almost tempted.

Almost...

So, I decide to punish Giant Redwood for being a dick in my USPW game by having him team with Daryl Divine against Tribal Force, with Redwood taking the fall and Divine looking strong.

Turns out they have excellent chemistry.

I'm almost tempted.

Almost...

Do it.

DO IT.

Just got a genned worker in my game by the name of Parent Joy. She's a 19 year old Canadian heavyweight female and that is one silly name. I think it's the first time I've seen the name "Parent" as a first name too, which is odd. Almost seems like the game flipped the names around, which isn't something I've ever noticed happening before.

Just got a genned worker in my game by the name of Parent Joy. She's a 19 year old Canadian heavyweight female and that is one silly name. I think it's the first time I've seen the name "Parent" as a first name too, which is odd. Almost seems like the game flipped the names around, which isn't something I've ever noticed happening before.

Could it be a little easter egg sort of reference to Davey Boy Smith?

I usually like to share a pic or two but 1) I'm lazy today and 2) I just noticed this:

Marv Statler's win loss record in MWF (my created fed) is 8-25 and he just hit main event status. I figure I might as well push him to the main event status even though I'm thinking he's going to go down.

It seems strange to me since he doesn't have real star quality besides being a decent worker. However, I've been putting him up against some of the upper midcard/main event scene like Champagne Lover and Brandon Smith.

Also, since hitting the main event scene, Statler & Waldorf just beat Culture Shock (Lover & Phillipe LaGrenier) for their first reign with the tag titles. It's kind of cool but still really odd to me. I thought I might as well give them the tag titles since I've been jobbing them for a long time.

• 4 weeks later...

ACPW’s Daedalus Buchinsky dies from exploding (no other cause given, he just exploded). "Experts are still baffled", so the story says (guessing it was pretty messy :)). Needless to say ACPW was looking for a new owner and The Masked Mauler stepped up and has taken the reins. If they weren’t still at local size, I’d think of taking the HB job but I’ve been working in the UK for almost 2 years now and doing better than they are (good luck TMM).

*corrected the statement

So I'm using MrCanada's latest data and I've simmed until January 2014. I was originally doing it just to see how things play out when I turned on regens and random worker generation. Some AWESOME regens and new workers have debuted, but that's not what I'm posting.

In January of 2014, Adam "Edge" Copeland has opened All Canada Pro-Wrestling. I decided I was done "watching" and applied for the job of booker. So, I applied and got it.

What's the first event that was planned before I even took the reins? ACPW On The Edge.

That's awesome!

I just checked the editor and that was purely random.

Alan Parent. I think the game just pulls first and last names from the database and sticks em together for gens.

Alan Parent. I think the game just pulls first and last names from the database and sticks em together for gens.

The game has only the most limited way of generating names from it's pre-coded lists. The Cornellverse was originally populated at it's creation by a lot of people with names made from that list, many of which have changed over the years to other names and have hidden that. But yeah, the game just pulls names from it's pre-existing list and does that.

My original point was that I'd never seen Parent as a first name in the game before. I've been playing a long time and it was a new name, especially from the English language names I've paid most attention to in my various games. The fact that I've also never seen Joy as a surname made me think that the game had switched them round, which again is something I've never noticed the AI do before. So many firsts for something I've seen so many times was something of interest to me. :)

Chess Maniac became owner of NYCW in my MWF-created fed game.

I'd love to see how a japanese junior wrestler would book a promotion that has a slow-paced traditional style. Heh... :confused:

You forgot to add, a Mexican Japanese Junior... that wrestled mostly in Mexico, became the owner of NYCW, an American promotion that's mostly traditional.

Archived