What's going on in your game?

BTW, will it be an issue regarding the 'announcer skill-building school' if Ellering's in there commentating as a manager, not officially a C.C.?

I don't believe it matters but I haven't tested. I know in ring workers will help raise other in ring workers skill if they are in a commentator so I don't see why it wouldn't work for managers too.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm, my manager testing idea didn't work out. I assigned 1 manager to manage everyone on the roster, but didn't get a single chemistry note, good or bad.

It did say he did good work at ringside (for one match).

Did I pick a dud manager (for my roster) or does this idea not work?

Probably a dud it would tell you if there was nay chemistry one way or the other.

May 2011: Vince McMahon retires, Eric Bischoff is the new owner of the now cult WWE. Promptly fires Stephanie and names himself head booker...

Sonjay Dutt is the TNA World Champion...has been for 10 months.

In my fed, the USWF, AJ Styles is the World Champion (Feuding with Nigel McGuiness at the moment), Low-Ki is the North American Champion (Feuding with a combination of Daniels, Strong, and Homicide), Brian Kendrick is the lightweight champion (feuding with Jay Lethal), and the American Wolves are the Tag champions (feuding with Team 3D and the Sons of Anarchy).

Beulah had a single negative chemistry note. Fired.

I don't bother using managers unless they have positive chemistry. Onto the next one...

Brock Guffman.

Also, wanted to point out that Verne Gagne is the head booker of the newly-opened WCW, and they signed Shawn Michaels.

I just signed Sid Vicious.

Aaaand WCW just stole Ellering from me, AND made an offer to Norman Smiley. My only discovered 'tag team chemist.' Hell, I had to hire Len Denton (tag partner of Brian Adams, 83 xp) just so Smiley would have someone to work with. ****, man.

A national promotion appearing out of thin air really screws things up for the rest of the wrestling world... lol

Beulah had a single negative chemistry note. Fired.

That's a good tip. Never thought of that. I usually try to pair a manager up at least one more time for any chemistry to be found. Then I just let the contract end if they're not helping the matches at all.

By the way, I just love getting my own fed, MWF, to Regional size right after a show and then January 1st, 2012 roles around and it falls back to small.... YAY!!!!

That's a good tip. Never thought of that. I usually try to pair a manager up at least one more time for any chemistry to be found. Then I just let the contract end if they're not helping the matches at all.

By the way, I just love getting my own fed, MWF, to Regional size right after a show and then January 1st, 2012 roles around and it falls back to small.... YAY!!!!

That's happened to me time and time again not with my own fed but with small feds where I get to regional and then the next month my show isn't as good as it should be on a regional level so I fall back to small size. I have that problem with PSW all the time where I fall from Regional to Small all the time.

I mean technically she could have added to the matches but I don't see a point in spending the extra unless they're 'really' adding to the matches w/ extra chemistry. That brock guy only had positive with Bob holly so i'm thinking of canning him as well. I dunno....

& the way I see it is I don't think it'll show it a 2nd time if it didn't show it the 1st time.. so no notes=no chemistry, I think.

Similarly, I figured out a way to cycle out workers while I cycle new ones in. Scott Putski had zero positive chemistry notes and like 4-5 negative. He was also an opener, and his contract came up for renewal, so it's going to be run out and he'll be replaced by Marty Jannetty, who will leapfrog the entire roster as a main eventer, but will be cycled as usual.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/25802030870.jpg

Re-ran the show because apparently you can over-use guys at 100 popularity.

So yeah, first 99 of the game, possibly first A*. Granted, yes, good announcers and all, but this might be what I need to bump myself into regular 90+ shows.

And I still won't pass SWF for awhile ._.

Huh, Tommy's stale, Luis Montero? I DON'T CARE.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/25802051651.jpg

Ha ha VERY FUNNY GAME I HATE YOU. Now to never pair Vessey and Cornell for the rest of the year due to repeat booking.

Edit: Match nor show were A*.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/25802030870.jpg

Re-ran the show because apparently you can over-use guys at 100 popularity.

So yeah, first 99 of the game, possibly first A*. Granted, yes, good announcers and all, but this might be what I need to bump myself into regular 90+ shows.

And I still won't pass SWF for awhile ._.

Huh, Tommy's stale, Luis Montero? I DON'T CARE.

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/25802051651.jpg

Ha ha VERY FUNNY GAME I HATE YOU. Now to never pair Vessey and Cornell for the rest of the year due to repeat booking.

Edit: Match nor show were A*.

Good lord Eidenhoek. For crying out loud lower your match lengths. I'd be demanding a refund for the PPV with 3 bleeping matches. Not to mention the entire locker room had to be thrilled out of their minds with that card. "Hey guys don't show up because we only need 6 of you." "You do know this is an International fed, right? Bloody wanker can take this job and shove it. That fed up in Canada should be hiring right about now."

On another note, glad to see someone else not getting good grades out of Wolf.:p

The first show in my second attempt at a 0/0/0/0

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2415/drumskazoos.png

I want to make Fortius better on the stick SO BAD, but I'm limiting it to pre-show segments to let him mature somewhat safely.

He needs some one to help him get better on the stick he can't just do it on his own. I run two pre show angles called meet and greet. One guy with good skills rated on entertainment and then everyone else rated on whatever else ther best at as long as its not overness (so ent, acting, Mic, menace, sex) and watch them rise. Dusty Bin has been growing steadily and Stretch the Chicken boy is a damn good entertaining wrestler now. And that's after only less than a year.

So in a game that I am doing with DAVE using the 2007 Database (not really a database but I was able to convert the 2007 C-Verse to 2010) Big Cat Brandon died in an accident. It wasn't really a huge blow to the company but he was in a storyline with Eric Tyler so there goes that idea.

This is the first time I have played a game where someone died in the promotion I was playing as.

So in a game that I am doing with DAVE using the 2007 Database (not really a database but I was able to convert the 2007 C-Verse to 2010) Big Cat Brandon died in an accident. It wasn't really a huge blow to the company but he was in a storyline with Eric Tyler so there goes that idea.

This is the first time I have played a game where someone died in the promotion I was playing as.

Brian Pillman died a couple shows into my 1995 WCW diary game...I had just made him the first Cruiserweight champion after winning a well thought-out tournament. Sucks when that happens! Especially when it's someone who went young IRL, too!

Brian Pillman died a couple shows into my 1995 WCW diary game...I had just made him the first Cruiserweight champion after winning a well thought-out tournament. Sucks when that happens! Especially when it's someone who went young IRL, too!

Yeah he was 30 when he died and I just started a feud between him and Eric Tyler. In this save it was the first death that happened in the game overall.

Good lord Eidenhoek. For crying out loud lower your match lengths. I'd be demanding a refund for the PPV with 3 bleeping matches. Not to mention the entire locker room had to be thrilled out of their minds with that card. "Hey guys don't show up because we only need 6 of you." "You do know this is an International fed, right? Bloody wanker can take this job and shove it. That fed up in Canada should be hiring right about now."

On another note, glad to see someone else not getting good grades out of Wolf.

1. I seem to book my PPVs with the intent on getting high grades (and if I advertise Bruce the Giant, attendance). So they tend to not have a lot of matches. I think...I'd almost want certain workers to not expect to be on the show, to be honest, since it is a PPV.

2. I believe the main event was the best show held in the USA so far. Might have to check SWF...

Yep, that's the best match in the USA. Thus far, NOTBPW have had 6 matches be in that range (curiously, no 100s yet).

3. It's hella easier to get good shows with less matches.

4. http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/25804270980.jpg

A. Case in point.

B. Well if you hated three main-card matches...

5. Actually, I only have about...5 orange faces. A lot of annoyeds, but...eh.

6. Wolf pulled an 81 with Bach. That's awesome. His average is an 81 across 48 matches, including a 96 teaming with Cornell against Bach and Vessey. Aside from post-show matches, he hasn't pulled under a...okay, there's a 71. So not under a 70.

For a 24-year-old, he's doing quite well. Can't purely carry his own weight in the ring just yet, but he's getting there. Same with Bach.

7. HOLY BALLS. There's an Edd Stone alt (default data) where he looks like a Stone!

8. Sammy's 32? Oh. That sucks. 76 average with, of course, that 96 top. Still not bad.

9. Uh...y'know how I was pushing Sammy?

His contract's up for negotiation.

WHAT?

How the hell did I manage to de-push him? The...hell?

Island of Pain (0/0/0/0 - Hawaii)

Current Date - February 2046

Small - 20 Popularity

IoP lives on despite deepening financial woes. We are still in the 24k range in terms of our overall bank account, but still steadily losing money.

I can't keep my main events from crapping the bed here lately, despite a revolving door of champions lately. Looks like things are about to stabilize though...I hope.

Juan Mendez is a freaking beast. I had in a 1st half main event against someone, who I cant remember at the moment, and it just randomly hit 58. This is the highest match I've EVER had on any of my cards. But, with great talent comes great pain. When it came time to re-sign, Tier 1 decided to put me into a bidding war. I went from paying him 450 per month to now paying him 3.5k per month. With financial troubles already afoot, this was a very difficult decision, particularly because Dirck Van Der Leur was earning 2k a month after a similar issue. Fortunately/unfortunately, Dirck's contract came up again...and another bidding war ensued. He was due to get a raise from the 2k he was already getting paid...so I had to let him walk. Sure I get to save a small chunk of change, but damnit...

So anyway, Juan Mendez comes off of a 58 out of nowhere to take the title in a main event with a 51 rating, taking the title off of Bernaud something, Chauncey? Definitely something with a 'C'. Anyway, he was a transitional champ. He's a future star for sure, but not yet part of my permanent title picture.

Then comes the match we've all been waiting for Juan Mendez vs. Dirck Van Der Leur...for the title. History in the making right? Wrong! A $5.5k match, with my top dogs....41 match rating. This is part of what led me to NOT re-sign Dirck. I love the guy, and was really hoping to have him as my own personal Tommy Cornell. He's the only random gen I've sifted through the render thread for and given a face. But Jesus...way to ruin the promotion's new God on his 2nd defense. So yeah, logically I can't have two guys right now making more than 1k, let alone more than 2k. Dirck, future endeavors to you. All the best. Juan, congrats...you're getting face (probably...).

So now I've got a few new guys who are looking extremely strong. Bernaud C...something, Wesley Deal, Rick Mustafa (love this name btw), and Vincent (yes, simply "Vincent") are all very strong candidates to be future champions. Eric Lamonica and Tobias something (I know I'm not great with names, but this kills me...he's been on my roster for YEARS) are also doing pretty ok, despite being stuck near the bottom of the card because of perpetual bookings elsewhere.

In terms of popularity, I must be at 20.5 or something, because I just got an attendance boost...we went from 40-60 to 70-90 in attendance. Humbling, I know...but now you know why 2 guys can't take up 1/3 of my payroll. I have 18 wrestlers on my roster, and I spend approximately 12-15k per month on talent, including staff. Yeah, Dirck had to go. I can hire 4 guys for the price of one Dirck Van De Leur.

My financial struggles aside, this game is more fun to me right now than ever. Stepping away from "developing talent", or more aptly "let's try and turn chicken poop into chicken salad", and into "let's simply destroy the opposition and put on awesome shows" has been very gratifying. Obviously, though, the roster costs have been hurting me. I know we're on the cusp of breaking back into the green.

This was our bank statement for the past 3 months (approx)

Show 1: -$3,000 (16 of typical 16 roster, right before the attendance bump)

Show 2: -$750 (15 of 16, start of the attendance bump)

Show 3: -$5,000 (16 of 16, Juan Mendez goes from $500 to $3,500)

Current balance is around $20,000. With a savings of $1,500 a month, Dirck leaving, this SHOULD mean -$3.5k, theoretically. Under those pre-tenses we've got about 6 more months until we're in the red. Economy is on it's way down from a slight boom period, so my roster's pay should start declining a little bit.

I've already decided, however, I am NOT going to cheat my way to black. I've made my own bed...I KNOW I can turn a profit, it's just a matter of toughing out this period of financial decline. I'm convinced all we need is another attendance bump to move us from red to black...so basically I'm just going to keep churning out the best shows I can and hopefully get there as quickly as possible. If it doesn't happen, well, IoP goes bankrupt and I take a booking position elsewhere, tail firmly planted between legs.

My roster has possibly reached its peak of progression because I don't have much for high psych workers...

So I've signed Chavo Guerrero, Mil Mascaras, and Ole Anderson.

IT'S ON!!!

They'll grow just slowly without a better influence. Stretch has been and still is my top Pysch worker and has grown from 52 psych to 68 psych in the 5 and a half years (155 matches) I've had him. Paranoia was my lowest worker at 10 psych and he's grown to a nice and respectable (for an enhancement talent of a regional fed) 42 points. SO it all depends on how much effort you're willing to put in.

Oh no, you can't have too many people on a PPV. That's still TEN PERCENT of the show. The PPV's I've posted in the screenshot topic were both 3 hours long with the longest matches going 30 minutes (Iron Man) with a 6/10/16min minimums. Heck, here's my most recent TV show that is also 3 hours, and if someone can figure out how I did that well, please pass that along because I have no clue. It's missing the 1st angle which was only an 87 (stupid 72 pre-show match producing a cold crowd).

http://img1.UploadScreenshot.com/images/main/9/25813014784.jpg

And I refuse to make fun of Canadians, but them being happy with that isn't unexpected.;)

Archived