What's going on in your game?

So in my TCW save I have Nichiren Amagawa had 3 different incident with a rental car

the 3 people were

Joey Minnesota

Spencer Spade

and now Darren Smith

If you were Darren wouldn't you NOT let Nichiren use your car. I blame Darren.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got Nichiren? How?

As Global, #1 NOTBPW, I just stole Rick Law (and edited his contract to about 20 or 30k. Suck it).

More importantly? I now have 3 A shows, a B show, a monthly PPV, AND a monthly PPV for each brand. That PPV is held the day my new A show is taped.

~

Aside from being incredibly happy about getting a fourth show for the first time...

This is NOTBPW. 80 intensity/60 danger.

I am going to kill everyone.

Jack Avatar(who I renamed to Jack Angels) and Harry Simonson have been feuding with The Network, the Main heel stable in APW. Victor Goliath is the head of the group as an executive from The Bloke Channel where I have my TV show. Captain Wrestling II joined the show before APW Aussie Rules was started and won the title, it was under the stipulation that he needed to win the belt to gain the TV show.

That's actually a rather brilliant angle

Thanks to the aftermath of my recent virus issues, I've started a new training game. My IWL game that I've been discussing so much in this thread has been acting wonky. So whether I'll be able to continue it or not is up in the air. Achieved a lot with it though. So even if I'm not, it's served me well

This time I'm running in the Great Lakes and running under the name Border Line Wrestling. And the name kinda fits. The C-Verse's pundits would probably consider me borderline insane for putting such dreck together. Here's the roster:

MAIN EVENT

Brimstone

Extreme Deluxe

The Masked Avatar (as Mystery Mask as usual)

Tatsukichi Shichirobei (as Tatsu Khan)

UPPER MIDCARD

Bigger Dan Ewe

Daredevil Aero

El Rey

Musashi

Valentine

MIDCARD

Stardust Phil Cox (sans nickname)

Ultra Fly

LOWER MIDCARD

Alan Parent (as Ace Parent)

REFEREE

Alan Gray

ANNOUNCER

Vic Thurgood

COLOR COMMENTATOR

Charlene

Only run three cards so far. Just getting grounded and into the month of Febraury so far. As usual I ran an 8 man title tourney with my main eventers and upper mids to get an inaugural champ which is Tatsu Khan. Having beaten out Extreme Deluxe via come from behind victory in the final. I'm now planning a war between Deluxe and Khan based on Khan being angered by Deluxe's considerable heart.

Also started is a Bigger Dan Ewe/Mystery Mask war. Ewe's going loose cannon on everybody and Mask is determined not to allow Ewe to bully and brawl his way into default contender status.

My biggest hope starting out is merely that I can help this starting roster healthy through their first contracts seeing as I have 11 of the sloppiest, most dangerous workers on the face of the earth to work with.

I'm using the numbers rather than letter grades this time and so far of my top three rated segments, two have been lucha movie parodies to train entertainment skills and the third was the tournament semi-final between Tatsu Khan and Mystery Mask. 33, 31, ,31 respectively. My lowest rated segment, a post match attack by Bigger Dan Ewe on Daredevil Aero got a whopping rating of 3. I have since tweaked the attack angles so the attacker is judged on Menace which is Ewe's strong suit.

Oh and one other boner I committed to start this game. I accidentally forgot to boost the ticket prices as conventional board wisdom dictates until after I finished booking the title show. So I lost almost 85k in January alone. A typical opening month loss for me is more in the 15 to 20k range. I've since made the adjustment so I don't expect to duplicate that steep drop. But it will probably take me three quarters of the way to Regional to make that amount back. Oh well, that's why I overfund. So I don't have to sweat finances in the early going.

Gonna have to start a new one, but am really gonna take it slow in building up a great roster. Mainly consisting of TNA and WWE guys who I feel are currently or were underused and floating in the independents, a few being personal faves whether underused or not. Roster so far:

Abyss

AJ Styles

Alex Shelley

MVP

BJ Whitmer

Carlito

Chris Harris

Chris Sabin

Christian(was so mad they took away his title after two days)

CM Punk

Alberto Del Rio

Elijah Burke

Giant Bernard

Harry Smith

Jack Swagger

Jay Briscoe

Jeff Hardy

John Morrison

Josh Caleb(custom created wrestler)

Kenn Doane

Kenzo Suzuki

Kofi Kingston

Mark Briscoe

Mark Copani

Zach Ryder

Vladimir Kozlov

Paul Birchill

Rene Dupree

RVD

Samoa Joe

Sheamus

Shelton Benjamin

Steve Corino

Bobby Lashley

Brock Lesnar

Bryan Danielson

a few more will be coming, but for now I am happy with who is there so far. Think I'll still have a women's division, not sure who I'd have but I am definitely thinking LuFisto, Sara Del Ray, Allison Danger, Sarita, MsChif, Daizy Haze, Mercedes Martinez for starters!

Thanks to the aftermath of my recent virus issues, I've started a new training game. My IWL game that I've been discussing so much in this thread has been acting wonky. So whether I'll be able to continue it or not is up in the air. Achieved a lot with it though. So even if I'm not, it's served me well

This time I'm running in the Great Lakes and running under the name Border Line Wrestling. And the name kinda fits. The C-Verse's pundits would probably consider me borderline insane for putting such dreck together. Here's the roster:

MAIN EVENT

Brimstone

Extreme Deluxe

The Masked Avatar (as Mystery Mask as usual)

Tatsukichi Shichirobei (as Tatsu Khan)

UPPER MIDCARD

Bigger Dan Ewe

Daredevil Aero

El Rey

Musashi

Valentine

MIDCARD

Stardust Phil Cox (sans nickname)

Ultra Fly

LOWER MIDCARD

Alan Parent (as Ace Parent)

REFEREE

Alan Gray

ANNOUNCER

Vic Thurgood

COLOR COMMENTATOR

Charlene

Every time I read your posts you make me want to start a training game lol. Had to do a doubletake at Brimstone being in the main event. What kind of schedule do your training games normally run? Weekly? Monthly? Bi-Monthly? Touring?

Every time I read your posts you make me want to start a training game lol. Had to do a doubletake at Brimstone being in the main event. What kind of schedule do your training games normally run? Weekly? Monthly? Bi-Monthly? Touring?

Weekly. Usually run them in North America so I run the classic North American sked. Tried not too long ago to do one in Japan with a touring sked but it didn't get very far. Maybe I'll try again over there one of these days. I feel like I have the structure down for making a touring fed work but I just can't seem to get a proper foothold when I try Japan.

1970s mod?

MOAR LIEK ARES AND ARES MIRITEMUAHAHAHAHAHHA

Okay, maybe I just turned my final fantasy character into a literal burning gundam.

Made of osmium (a metal) and on fire. Burning gundam.

Maybe I'm hopped up on sugar.

REGARDLESS: new game start!

Added:

Brent Albright

Charlie Haas

Christopher Daniels

Cody Rhodes

Dakota Darsow

Kazarian

Kevin Steen

Low-Ki

Mark Jindrak

Matt Morgan

Ken Anderson

Dolph Ziggler

Nigel McGuiness

PAC

Petey Williams

Robert Roode

Seven Thorn

Sonja Dutt

Stu Bennett

just have a couple more to add to complete the whole roster of the new promotion!

Just had the greatest sequence of events happen in my game that has catapulted the enjoyment levels...

1) opened up a new local promotion, WWA... decided to go Tri-state and offer the populace an alternative product to the NYCW. So I declared war on them the first day to make things interesting. Note: I did forget that PSW are also there, so early regional wars are going to make it an uphill battle. Also, using Ernie Turner as a confident face owner/authority figure.

2) After taking a good potshot on our website early on, a few months later I successfully dirtytricked them and it churns out the Goat-god worshipping story. Around this time I signed Marv Statler from them as well, which Ernie Turner proclaimed was the saving of his soul from the Goaterians.

3) A few days after the goat scandal, NYCW stalwart Black Hat Bailey retires, which triggers a lightulb moment in my head.

4) The New York Screwjob! Signed BHB despite his retirement and gave him an occassional wrestler push, so he effectively screwed them for us. Also signed Lee Wright. That month the two of them attacked our main event title 3-way between Jack Griffith, Statler and Ernie Turner. The later faces especially, due to the poaching of former member Marv Statler. Note: the screwjob also included mild editing of the two promotions popularity, momentum and prestige realistically, as well as inflating Black Hat Bailey's wage. So just like Bischoff with the Nash/Hall sabotaging WCW rumours, I've decided to run with the goat-worshipping and do the same.

5) Signed Jebediah, Black Hat Richards (one of Coyote Dynamite's pre-set characters) and The Masked Mauler. They joined Black Hat Bailey and Lee Wright in another massive attack the following month, making it clear that WWA was being invaded by this bizzarre cult of black hat wearing, goat-worshipping NYCW workers... mostly.

6) The following month, the 'Blackhatters', led by Black Hat Bailey, interupt proceedings again and give Marv Statler an ultimatum to return to their group by the end of the show. He didnt, with him and Ernie Turner fleeing for their lives at the end of the show. the blackhatters then start systematically destroying the Weston Gymnasium venue.

7) Ernie Turner cuts a passionate promo about the damage bill from last month's destruction and if it continues they'll shut shop. Offers to settle things in the ring that evening with a 4v4. If they win, blackhatters leave them alone. Black Hat Bailey comes out and agrees, but counters saying if they win, they get contracts! Turner, Statler, Jefferson Stardust and new signing Rayne Man vs BHB, BHR, Lee Wright & Masked Mauler. The heels won and the whole roster and their dogs brawl to finish the show.

8) The following month it becomes apparent that the 'blackhatters' are formally called New Cult of Yabo Witnesses (Yabo being the name of their goatgod), effectively shortened to NCYW! They also constantly refer to "The Ministry" as their temple and their mission is to destroy WWA and return. They'll kind of achieve this eventually... once we're ready to move out of the 300-seater Weston Gymnasium. I'll have BHB win the belt and announce it'll only be defended at The Ministry, which will be the catalyst for our move.

In amongst all that, Marv Statler won the belt from the departing Jack Griffith. Also, Jefferson Stardust is our midcard cruiserweight champ. The rest of the roster includes...

Super Sonic

Stretch the Chicken Boy

Ron Greenhorn

Lee Jittermet (Ben Williams with a dedicated, sweatband wearing athlete that just keeps losing gimmick)

Thomas Morgan

Oscar Ward (Ozymandias... yet another name change for him)

Happy Elwood

Ant Man

Cal Sanders

Wiley Steinway

Good times!!

In my game with APW, I have had a few setbacks as of late with my loses of Captain Wrestling II, Dumfrey Pinn, and Frogue Element. Swoop would be my only saving grace but he is injured for about a year. Jack Avatar, Nathan McKenzie, and The Masters are my Main Event now and have yet to break my C-, D+, and D grade streak that I have had for a few months.

Jack Avatar(who I renamed to Jack Angels) and Harry Simonson have been feuding with The Network, the Main heel stable in APW. Victor Goliath is the head of the group as an executive from The Bloke Channel where I have my TV show. Captain Wrestling II joined the show before APW Aussie Rules was started and won the title, it was under the stipulation that he needed to win the belt to gain the TV show. The Cap held the belt for a few weeks then lost it when RAW hit Cult. Jack took the belt but lost it to Lanny Williams. Lanny should be the champ for awhile since I plan of turning him eventually. Jack is feuding with Debonair, Harry is feuding with Cole Taylor and Lanny Williams, and Nathan is plowing through the midcard and upper midcard currently against Boo Smithson.

I only hope I can get enough money to survive the jump to Cult which should come in a few months at the rate of our growth.

To follow up on my last post about my game, I cut some of the dead weight from APW including Big Daddy Horne, D.O.A(I kept Switchblade as a midcard jobber), and both the East Coast Rebels since Cloe underperformed as a singles wrestler and Alyx since he wanted Main Event level pay. After most of the release's I brought in Angus McMiller, Nighthawk, Nicky Gilbert, Rod Sullivan, and Maurice Jackson. Due to the fact I had too many faces at the time, I split Rick Stantz and Blake Belushi, effectively killing both of their careers since they have both fallen to jobber status. A week after I turned Blake, I planned on making Alyx and Cole my main face tag team, but Alyx wanted too much money so I released him. Cole bounced around a bit and failed to step up when he got a main event storyline run. Causing him to get jobbed out of the company. Now I have no choice but to make Boo and Dingo my main tag team since I have no other tag teams who I can count on right now. Boo who was going to be paired with a manger to take him to a main event run.

Right now its December and Marice is about to get signed(Hopefully) and Cole is about to go out the door, Swoop is still out for another 8 months, my tag division is in shambles, and I am out of talent to go up against the Network. Should be a fun few months coming up.

WCW vs WWF 2001 (playing as both)

So WWF is starting to have some backstage problems. Eddie Guerrero got in trouble a couple of times so I fired him. Malenko then got mad and asked for a release so I let him go.

As WCW I then signed both of them up. At Superbrawl Eddie G. won the US title while Malenko ended up winning the Cruiserweight Title.

Vampiro caused problems so I fired him as WCW.

I hired Vampiro as WWF even though he is injured and began running videos for him. Him and Gangrel are going to feud with Taker.

As WWF I signed Chris Candido, Juvi, and Rob Van Dam. RVD is the hardcore champion as I had to fire Raven for causing problems multiple times.

Triple H won the Royal Rumble but then I had to suspend him for steroid use. At Wrestlemania it will be a 3-way between Angle, Austin, and HHH.

Back in WCW Goldberg won the World Title. Kevin Nash turned on DDP to reform the Outsiders with Hall. Sid is going to join the Outsiders as heels. DDP will be forced to defend the tag titles with Nash as his partner one more time.

As WCW I fired Buff Bagwell after 2 suspensions. I will be hiring him as the WWF to be one of my top heels.

I'm really excited about how this game is playing out for me so far. Can't wait until Wrestlemania. Still trying to get WCW and WWF momentum higher as both are lackluster.

Took TNA to National and signed Jericho immediately since he was on hiatus. Well, I'm booking Sacrifice currently and my main event is AJ Styles vs Sting© vs Kurt Angle vs Jeff Hardy vs Antonio Banks vs Chris Jericho.

Yes, Jericho's debut match is the world title match and yes, he's going to win. This is going to send him into an instant feud with AJ Styles. Styles being the face and Jericho being the heel. I feel like a feud between the two would be amazing to see.

Mind, I had a 99-rated show when I stacked the card.

But this show has me impressed. I opened with a 100 from Stone Jr. and Watson (who is one of my favorite up-and-comers). 99 from Steve DeColt vs. Avatar (fourth time). Then a 93 main event.

I tried switching stuff around, and...the opener always was going to rate highest. I figure having a 95 overall and helping Watson to the HoI merits a keeper.

Edit:

I just paired Omar Brown with Jimmy Cox. Excellent chemistry.

For some reason, I also paired Robbie McNamara with Steve DeColt. I think I wanted Steve Flash. Excellent chemistry between the two...eh, I'll take it.

Just completed the Nineteenth year of my MSWA game so here is an update.

January 2029

With $6,494,414

228 shows completed

Champions

MSWA Heavyweight: Rudy Velasquez

Prestige: 70

3 Defenses made so far

Defeated Carlos Gonzalez

MSWA Regional: Derek Frost

Prestige: 63

4 Defenses made so far

Defeated King Kong Kennedy

MSWA Tag Team: Double Trouble (Matt Hocking and Eddie Howard)

Prestige: 41

Defeated The Latino Kings (Rudy Velasquez and Hector Galindo)

Feuds

Antonio Del Veccio vs. Rudy Velasquez ©

MSWA Heavyweight Championship Feud

Jesus Chavez vs. Derek Frost ©

MSWA Regional Championship Feud

Here is the card for my first event of 2028 titled MSWA Re-Launched

Jesus Chavez vs. Antonio Del Veccio

Animal Harker vs. Crockett Tubbs

Carlos Gonzalez vs. Derek Frost ©

MSWA Regional Championship Match

Ace Youngblood vs. Ox Mastadon

The Latino Kings (Hector Galindo and Rudy Velasquez) vs. Double Trouble (Matt Hocking and Eddie Howard) ©

MSWA Tag Team Title Match

Chris Kaladaro vs. Matty Faith

Retirees

King Kong Kennedy

Released

King Kong Kennedy – Released after retired

New Signings

Dustin Deuce

Friday Week 2, August 2028

Created MSWA Dojo

Note: I am going to try to make a serious run at cult and hopefully I can do it with the time I have left on this game because I will probably end up having to retire shortly after completing 25 years (6 years away). In an effort to do this I have created 12 new events. My origional 12 events take place every month on the second Friday of each month and my new 12 events will take place on the fourth Friday of each month. The idea is to have the 1st show of the month take place in the Puerto Rico region (My home region) and the

2nd show of the month to take place in the Tri State region. That means that since I will be doing 24 shows a month instead of 12 that the updates will be less frequent but hopefully not to far in between one another.

Well done on getting that far. I found I lost interest by the late 2020s because the quality of talent coming through just wasn't good enough.

The psychology is just too hard to build up for the new workers, which really limits match quality. I got stuck in an endless loop of mid-range shows which left my promotion permanently stuck at Cult. Good luck for your push.

Having abandoned that game, I started a new one with the 1996 mod, playing as ECW.

After losing a few wrestlers to the Big Two (Sabu, Jericho, Mike Awesome, Shamrock), I signed a non-aggression pact with WWF and rose to Cult level, which has protected my roster (especially with WCW falling to Cult as well). Cactus Jack and Raven work for both ECW adn WWF.

There have been a few annoyances - D-Von and Ray having awful chemistry as partners was not something I counted on! I've also had to deal with the retirements of Terry Funk and Jerry Lawler.

Also, a lot of the hardcore focus has gone. I just couldn't put up with New Jack and Mustafa ruining the backstage atmosphere, the crowd turned on Public Enemy and Tommy Dreamer and Sandman have not increased in overness in years. Indeed, I wanted the latter to go, but Todd Gordon re-signed him. Grr! RVD is also going nowhere.

I have, however, benefited from a few opportunistic signings, snapping up Rocky Maivia and Kurt Angle as soon as they became available.

We're stuck at a low-level Cult position, with shows averaging around 60 (though our pop is dropping slightly, as the wrestling industry is at about 8%).

Champions

World: Cactus Jack

TV: Rocky Maivia

Tag: Too Cold Scorpio & Rey Mysterio

Main Event

Cactus Jack

Dan Severn

Kurt Angle

Psicosis

Masato Tanaka

Raven

Terry Gordy

Too Cold Scorpio

Tracey Smothers

Top Matches

80 - Terry Funk d Raven (Barbed Wire Bat) April 1997

78 - Cactus Jack d Mike Awesome (Cage Classic) Date and event not recorded (!)

77 - Cactus Jack d New Jack (Barbed Wire) January 1997

76 - Cactus Jack d The Ringmaster (Cage Classic) April 1996

76 - Cactus Jack d Raven (Hardcore) December 1996

76 - Cactus Jack d Raven (Dog Collar) September 1998

76 - Terry Funk d Rocky Maivia (Cage Classic) June 1997

76 - Mysterio & Scorpio d Chavo Guerrero Jr & Lance Storm (Lader) November 1998

75 - Cactus Jack d Shane Douglas (Cage Classic) December 1996

74 - Terry Funk d Tracey Smothers August 1997

Regional battles are a big pain... with low momentum and seemingly unable to gain popularity (with events rated ten points higher than popularity no less...) I'm struggling with PSW.

Putting the belt on Jim Force again after he lost it to Frankie Future (who had the help of his new Untouchables partners, the reformed New Jersey Devils) at my next show.

Good news is I've finally found a niche for Nomad, as he turns out to have really good chemistry with Dead Bolt. Booking them as a pair who seek to just wreck everything in PSW, including beating up Jim Force just to make a statement.

My backstage is a bit of a mess, but now I've got more positives than negatives.

Just so everyone knows, Even though I said I was going to go from 12 shows a month to 24 I am not going to. I actually did it but the first month after I did two shows I lost some money so I am going to go back to doing 12 shows a month. The shows taking place in the odd month (January, March, May, ETC.) Will be held in Puerto Rico where as shows taking place in February, April, May ETC will take place in the Tri State Area.

WWF March 2001

Heading into Wrestlemania PPV

Triple H is still suspended but will be back before Mania to take on Angle and Austin. Hunter will not win though as I plan on him losing a little bit since he has caused problems.

Mania this year will be the new heel initiative. Benoit, Tazz, Edge, Triple H, Kane, and Rikishi are my top heels and only 3 of them are main eventers.

Negotiations failed with Buff Bagwell so he remains a free agent for now.

WCW March 2001

Heading into Greed PPV

Goldberg will be defending the WCW Heavyweight Title against Sid.

I got Curt Hennig to pledge loyalty to me when I threatened to fire him for his drug use. If I can get him clean I will give him a big push.

Kronik are the tag team champs for now.

The Outsiders are now feuding with DDP who has a mystery partner lined up for Greed. Not sure who I will make his partner though.

Trying to clean Shane Douglas up. He hates me but if I can get him off drugs he will get a US title push. If I can't then he will be release much like Buff Bagwell.

The TV title is active again with Scott Steiner holding the belt.

Booker T will be returning in a week with some ring rust. So he will get some dark match duty against jobbers. Not sure if he will be ready by Greed though.

Archived