TEW 2010 ReapeRs Title Belt RendeRs

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about the side plates. But as I try to get back into the game, I have to replenish my lost pics that I had acquired over the years. Hopefully as I get a few more practice belts underneath me, I'll accumilate more and better pics for future titles.

R

wow, you still got it after 2 years of down time :)

Thanks for the kind words. 2 years is a long time to not even touch Photoshop.

Great to see you back Reaper. I don't think you need to worry about being rusty because those still look pretty darn fine

Appreciate that. I would say they are not bad, especially the Hardcore title, for some practice. No where near what I feel my standards for them are though. I'll get back there though fairly quick I think.

Thanks again for the support.

R

If you have the Eye Candy filters and they're toggle-able on whatever version of Photoshop you're using, you could always incorporate the Chrome filter. :D;)

Glad to see you're back, dude. You were actually THE guy whose belts (all due respect to Payne's) inspired me to make mine the way I do them.

I'll be making a vid tutorial for how to make belts like yours in Fireworks sometime soon, actually.

(then finally making one for my style)

Not sure how many people are still checking this out with the TEW 13 forum taking everyones attention. But, does anyone have all the CVerse logos in PSD format?

Also, I'll take all logos in PSD format as well. Trying to replenish my lost data base for my eventual re-debut of title rendering.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

R

Very nice work on the tag strap. I even like the side plates! :p

As for the logos, I think Kam still has the default logos sans background in PNG in his thread.

EDIT: I just checked and the link is still up and running. HERE ya go.

Yeah, but it wants to download 20 different plug ins. Not having that.

R

Plug ins? Methinks you're doing it wrong... You just need to click download. In any event I'm going to attempt to upload it via the boards.

EDIT: Crap, didn't work. Hold on.... Okay, I figured it out. Apparently RAR is an invalid file type. In terms of uploading anyway. I'll see if I can re-pack it.

GREAT SUCCESS! Third time is the charm. :)

PNG Background Logos.zip

Phreak,

You are awesome. Remind me about this when I finally start up again and you'll move to the top of the list.

R

Plug ins? Methinks you're doing it wrong... You just need to click download. In any event I'm going to attempt to upload it via the boards.

EDIT: Crap, didn't work. Hold on.... Okay, I figured it out. Apparently RAR is an invalid file type. In terms of uploading anyway. I'll see if I can re-pack it.

GREAT SUCCESS! Third time is the charm. :)

For the record, I don't think the "rusty" versions are better or worse than the older work. They're different. I think they show the growth and change that the artist has experienced in his time away from his art. Other artists have "periods" in their career and this could be a new period for ReapeR. :)

Remi,

Are you trying to jocky for some new women's titles? :D

Seriously, thanks for the support. I think you might be right. As I get back into this, I've noticed that I see things a little different. However, ultimately the bottom line is whether or not you guys like them.

Thanks again,

R

For the record, I don't think the "rusty" versions are better or worse than the older work. They're different. I think they show the growth and change that the artist has experienced in his time away from his art. Other artists have "periods" in their career and this could be a new period for ReapeR. :)

Pfft, like I have to jockey. :p

But I've noticed your style has changed over the years. You had your first period (Protege of Payne) where your belts looked kinda vanilla (compared to your later work). Then you stopped for a few months and when you came back, you had this explosion of 'bling' in most of your belts (with the gold and silver and filigree and details and such).

Time away can help all creative types. Helps to get out of the rut that can develop and you get to reinvent yourself, to an extent.

Pfft, like I have to jockey. :p

But I've noticed your style has changed over the years. You had your first period (Protege of Payne) where your belts looked kinda vanilla (compared to your later work). Then you stopped for a few months and when you came back, you had this explosion of 'bling' in most of your belts (with the gold and silver and filigree and details and such).

I was going to question this... then I remembered the examples I had in mind were all custom requests, and in most cases ones where I'd said some variation of "Old school" or "serious."

My favourite requests remain Canadian TCW Championship and TCW Womens, though.

Love the new belts Reap. SWF is very classic looking while you've gotten creative with the ROF belts, and they look great.

Thanks. Sometimes you throw things against the wall and it sticks. :D

Your rust has gone, ReapeR!

Maybe I'm wrong, but no-one in my memory has created a VWA belt, following the TEW standards.

Yeah, I'm feeling like I'm starting to get back into a groove with this.

And you are correct, no VWA titles have been rendered. Only time will tell. :rolleyes:

I have a render of a VWA belt.....

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u386/wrestlingsociety1/th_VWA.jpg

It works okay in game, the game stretches the image.

There was a bigger, proper sized, version made. I think by Paulskln (sp?). Might be in Reaps old thread. Or possibly even this one.

EDIT: Okay, I lied. I went back and found it. It is in this thread, it is by Paulskln. But it was originally done at 180x90, instead of the default 200x100. So, not a huge stretch anyway.

EDIT2: HA. That version I quoted is 160x80. Hold your shorts people.

EDIT3: Last edit I swear. This is the version originally posted:

http://img11.imagevenue.com/loc477/th_77176_VWAEuropean_122_477lo.jpg