The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

So I rewatched most of the IPPV. The Embassy and everyone in it shouldn't be in ROH. This is also true for everyone feuding with the right now. The Chain match has been the worst match of the Steen Generico feud. The WGTT KoW match should have gone 5 minuets longer. How do you not have a spot where KoW hit a finisher on Hass only for Shelton to springboard hitting both guys stopping any pin attempt? That being said the finish itself was fine just too early in the match. The Main Event was just an average match for the 2 that was involved which is sad as a first title win match and a final send off match. Lastly ROH need Sexy Chucky T bad. How he still isn't there is mind boggling to me.

#The Roderick Strong Issue: Will he be a great champ? Probably not. But hey, having seen Strong/Richards matches before I can say we're in for some good matches. I think Strong will probably last 3 or 4 months before either Homicide or Richards get the best of him, but before that happens I think we'll see some memorable defences. I think Daniels will probably be in there as a challenger but I seriously doubt ROH are ready to put the belt on him yet with the fear of him returning to TNA always at the forefront.

At the show that I went to, they were strongly pushing that Daniels would be the next major challenger. I mean Daniels pretty much said if Roderick won, he was gunning for him.

If we kicked anybody who had a bad match out of ROH, I imagine there wouldn't be anybody IN ROH after a certain point. I mean let's be realistic here, every wrestler has had a bad match now and then and unless their performances have been consistently horrid it's no reason to fire them.

I've watched many shows with the Embassy on them and I can say, their performances have not been consistently horrid.

<p>In fairness although I think Mastered is a bit hard on ROH, he's probably right about the Embassy. Having Necro Butcher and turn them just hasn't worked out well at all. They need a far stronger "crowd jewel" to base the faction around, someone really credible to the ROH fanbase. The rest of the group can feed off that person. Also Shawn Davari needs more mic time then he's been getting, and what the hell has happened to Joey Ryan? He's the hired magnum! Him and Davari should be teaming regular while Stevens provides the muscle. Kick Butcher out and replace him. </p><p> </p><p>

That or scrap them.</p><p> </p><p>

Sigh...if only Kofi Kingston was available...Kofi and Nana; a match made in Ghanaian heaven.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Celt" data-cite="The Celt" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>In fairness although I think Mastered is a bit hard on ROH, he's probably right about the Embassy. Having Necro Butcher and turn them just hasn't worked out well at all. They need a far stronger "crowd jewel" to base the faction around, someone really credible to the ROH fanbase. The rest of the group can feed off that person. Also Shawn Davari needs more mic time then he's been getting, and what the hell has happened to Joey Ryan? He's the hired magnum! Him and Davari should be teaming regular while Stevens provides the muscle. Kick Butcher out and replace him. <p> </p><p> That or scrap them.</p><p> </p><p> Sigh...if only Kofi Kingston was available...Kofi and Nana; a match made in Ghanaian heaven.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well I wouldn't want the Embassy to be scrapped since they are, in my opinion, an excellent heel group I can get behind tossing Necro from the team or reducing his role to enforcer and making somebody else the crown jewel. Come to think of it, Davari would probably do a good job in that role if given the chance.</p><p> </p><p> As for Necro himself, I can see him as a weapon Nana uses to eliminate his enemies.</p><p> </p><p> The other three, perhaps a tag team using Freebird rules?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="masterded" data-cite="masterded" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I wanted him back as bad as anyone, but without Rave he just seems wrong and has to go (or Rave comes back).</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like Rave probably more than anyone, but your Embassy hate disgusts me and makes me weep for the future of humanity when people are legally allowed to walk around with opinions like yours.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MightyDavidson" data-cite="MightyDavidson" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>If we kicked anybody who had a bad match out of ROH, I imagine there wouldn't be anybody IN ROH after a certain point. I mean let's be realistic here, every wrestler has had a bad match now and then and unless their performances have been consistently horrid it's no reason to fire them.<p> </p><p> I've watched many shows with the Embassy on them and I can say, their performances have not been consistently horrid.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> One bad match when has the new Embassy had a good match? The feud with Necro was bad enough now that he is part of them it is even worst. The funny thing is I use to like both Necro and Stevens and think Necro's wrestling (not his hardcore stuff) tends to get underrated. Or at least it use to be that way now I can't stand them. The only one in it I would like to stay would be Davari as I am a fan of him and his brother. In fact I would like to see him team with his brother in ROH. Though I am weird as I would also like to see them try to be faces as we have too many family come from the Middle East so they must be heels in wrestling.</p>

<p>I cannot recall the Embassy having a match that I would think of as bad, certainly not all of their matches have been five star classics but they've always entertained me. Sure I miss Rave too since he was always one of my favourites but I don't think the entire Embassy has suddenly turned to crap without him either.</p><p> </p><p>

Could they be better? Oh certainly but I certainly haven't heard anything that justifies firing them all. In fact, doing that would be incredibly short sighted in my opinion.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody that is a star in ROH right now needs to be sticking around, with them losing Tyler, maybe Roderick and Danielson soon as well, the last thing they need to do is go on a firing spree. The Embassy are over, simple as that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Well said Stennick.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody that is a star in ROH right now needs to be sticking around, with them losing Tyler, maybe Roderick and <strong>Danielson</strong> soon as well, the last thing they need to do is go on a firing spree. The Embassy are over, simple as that.</div></blockquote><p> I'm assuming you mean Daniels, not Danielson?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anybody that is a star in ROH right now needs to be sticking around, with them losing Tyler, maybe Roderick and Danielson soon as well, the last thing they need to do is go on a firing spree. The Embassy are over, simple as that.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> How are you defining over? I can't think of the last time I heard or saw someone say anything like that Embassy match is a must see or I can't wait to see the Embassy. Much more likely to see dud or skip or something like that (though I don't skip matches unless I have already seen them no matter how bad they are I am weird like that). The only one who even gets a reaction now is Nana. It isn't like we are talking about anyone who is on the rise or even at the top of the midcard. Sure at some point and time they all were higher (except Davari as he is too new to say anything like that about him) but when your big feud is with Grizzly you are not a star or anywhere close to being one.</p><p> </p><p> Sorry if this sounds like I am a snob just trying to explain where I am coming from and trying to figure out where you are coming from.</p>

<p>You're speaking in terms of what you hear people say and your personal view on their wrestling matches.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm speaking on their crowd reactions. Nerco doesn't get a reaction? Necro gets a huge reaction every time out. Same with Nana. These guys pull reactions out of every crowd their a part of.</p><p> </p><p>

Are they main eventers? No are they going for MOTN? No but they get a reaction from the crowd, they can be put into higher positions in the card than they should be (Necro that is) and not only not have atleast the ringside fans not crap on it, but be bought as legit. </p><p> </p><p>

Necro flat out can always be presented as one of the most dangerous men in wrestling. He's not technical, he's not pretty, but he's insane and he will use his own body to hurt you if he has to. That to me is the kind of guy I like to book, somebody that is not like the others and therefore is more dangerous than them. This isn't about what I like to book though.</p><p> </p><p>

My point is they get reactions from the crowd, every time I see them they get reactions, they got a reaction last night. Overness equals reaction. Nerco gets a big reation he's over, Nana pulls a reaction out of them, he's over. </p><p> </p><p>

It seems you're saying they put on the worst quality matches of the night and don't have the talent that other guys have and therefore can't advance. I'm saying that they are something different and that Necro on name value and specialness alone can make a crowd react to him, Nana has proven that he can be paired with nearly anybody and make it work. </p><p> </p><p>

I don't care that Necro doesn't know eight thousand wristlock holds, he knows what he's doing and he's presented as a dangerous tool for the Embassy and thats what I personally like. I haven't seen ANY fans crap on the Embassy with chants or X Pac heat. </p><p> </p><p>

I don't watch as much as some of you guys and I didn't watch the iPPV but was there any "F U NECRO" or "THIS IS BORING" or "YOU CANT WRESTLE" chants going on when the Embassy was out there? I haven't heard or seen of any negative crowd reactions to the Embassy so aside from internet fans who change their mind daily it seems (not directed at you) there is virtually no ill will towards the Embassy that I have seen as it comes across via television or DVD or ppv.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm not trying to talk down to you or state anything as fact so don't take it that way. I'm just saying from what I've seen on ppv, dvd and television the Embassy have nad no negative reactions from what is always a vocal crowd. If the Embassy didn't work wouldn't we hear more reactions telling us they didn't work?</p>

You make a good point. I do look at it way too much from my own perspective. I always think of overness as how likely your name is to make someone pay to see a show. With Necro I just don't think his name without the words death match sell a show very well (I don't mean an ROH show I mean like a cheap $10 indy headlined by that person). The same goes to a greater degree with the other wrestling members of the Embassy.

<p>I agree with you but think about it like this, very few guys in wrestling actually sell the tickets. In the attitude era did anybody pay to see D Lo Brown? Most likely not but he was still an important part of the roster. </p><p> </p><p>

I see where you're coming from and I agree with you that they lack the name value to carry a promotion but you need worker bees too ya know?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Stennick" data-cite="Stennick" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I agree with you but think about it like this, very few guys in wrestling actually sell the tickets. In the attitude era did anybody pay to see D Lo Brown? Most likely not but he was still an important part of the roster. <p> </p><p> I see where you're coming from and I agree with you that they lack the name value to carry a promotion but you need worker bees too ya know?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, but that is why I like the cheap $10 Imaginary Indy test. No one payed to see D-Lo Brown (I kind of did as I was a bid D-Lo mark and hew was a top 5 fav, but ignoring that) they would have paid $10 to see him on a cheap Indy, or at least a good number would have more then say a Steve Blackman. So I would say D-Lo is more over then Steve Blackman.</p><p> </p><p> With the worker Bees thing I know you need worker bees I just think on the Indy's now you could go get new worker Bee's that have a better chance of become stars down the road. Though I will say I could see Necro having one more I am crazy and violent run in that buble between the upper mid and main.</p>

<p>Title: Cary Silkin on Financial Trouble and more </p><p> </p><p>

Rumors of ROH being in Financial Trouble: “All these things amount to are strictly rumors. We have been doing business as usual. We have and will continue to runs shows as usual. We just hooked up a TV deal in France, we’re on TV in Italy, we’re on HDNet here in the states and will be doing so in five new markets. We just got the highest IPPV buyrates we’ve ever had, etc. Those are just rumors.”</p><p> </p><p>

Last Weekend’s Glory By Honor Internet PPV: “It exceeded out expectations. We were really happy with how it turned out and I’m sure everyone in attendance and watching at home got more than their money’s worth.”</p><p> </p><p>

Tyler Black Leaving For WWE: “Well it a double edged sword. I’m very happy for him but I would have liked to have seen him stay with ROH for at least another year or so or as long as he would have wanted to stay with us. If you look in the past guys have left to big companies such as C.M. Punk, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Nigel, and other guys for that matter but that’s just the way it is. We’ll miss Tyler but all I can say now is…good luck Tyler.”</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SaySo" data-cite="SaySo" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Rumors of ROH being in Financial Trouble: “All these things amount to are strictly rumors. We have been doing business as usual. We have and will continue to runs shows as usual. We just hooked up a TV deal in France, we’re on TV in Italy, we’re on HDNet here in the states and will be doing so in five new markets. We just got the highest IPPV buyrates we’ve ever had, etc. Those are just rumors.”<p> </p><p> Last Weekend’s Glory By Honor Internet PPV: “It exceeded out expectations. We were really happy with how it turned out and I’m sure everyone in attendance and watching at home got more than their money’s worth.”</p><p> </p><p> Tyler Black Leaving For WWE: “Well it a double edged sword. I’m very happy for him but I would have liked to have seen him stay with ROH for at least another year or so or as long as he would have wanted to stay with us. If you look in the past guys have left to big companies such as C.M. Punk, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, Nigel, and other guys for that matter but that’s just the way it is. We’ll miss Tyler but all I can say now is…good luck Tyler.”</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Source? Just want it to see who was being interviewed.</p>

<p>I'd assume it's Cary Silken speaking there as he'd be the only person truly qualified to speak on ROH's finances. Personally I've always laughed when idiots on 441mania say that ROH doesn't make money, because it's clear to me that they do. I mean if you can afford to run iPPVs from Canada you must have enough money in the war chest to allow that. That and the fact ROH run so many success house shows. </p><p> </p><p>

Other interesting ROH news: Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole have been hired to the company. I saw a match between both men recently on youtube (a freebie given away by DGUSA or Evolve I think) and I was pretty impressed, like really impressed. Kyle O'Reilly is actually a protége of Davey Richards and it definitely shows in his in-ring style. It'd actually be pretty cool if they put that over on screen. Adam Cole has been hanging around CZW's non-hardcore under-card for the last while, gunning for their light heavyweight title. I'm pretty interested in their ROH futures.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="1234" data-cite="1234" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Source? Just want it to see who was being interviewed.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I got it from another post elsewhere. However, i did a Google search and found it right here. <a href="http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/ROH/article10014089.shtml" rel="external nofollow">http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/ROH/article10014089.shtml</a> </p><p> </p><p> **I forgot to mention it was Cary Silkin. Sorry for the mishap. I fixed the original post and added the title within the post.</p>

<p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/v5UC3Y6vL2I?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="DGUSA.tv - Kyle O'Reilly vs. Adam Cole"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p>

The Kyle O'Reilly/Adam Cole match I was speaking about; honestly I recommend giving it a view, it's surprisingly entertaining.</p>