The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

So, what was wrong with the old logo that they had to change it to that abomination?

A bit understated for the new ownership perhaps? I would imagine Sinclair would like to employ a bolder branding strategy to match the new possibilities they give Ring Of Honor.

Per PWInsider, here's a list of markets & airtimes for ROH's show:

BALTIMORE, MD - WNUV CW Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 12:00 AM

BIRMINGHAM, AL - WABM MyNetworkTV at Saturdays 9 PM and Sundays at 11 PM

BUFFALO, NY - WNYO MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM

BUFFALO, NY - WUTV FOX Sundays at 11 PM

CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA -KFXA FOX Saturdays at 11:30 PM

CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA - KGAN CBS Saturdays at 3:30 AM

CHAMPAIGN-SPRINGFIELD, IL WICS/WICD ABC Saturdays at 12:00 AM

CHARLESTON, SC - WMMP MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM

CHARLESTON, SC - WTAT FOX Sundays at 1 AM.

CHARLESTON-HUNTINGTON, WV - WVAH FOX Sundays at 11 PM.

CHARLESTON, HUNTINGTON, WV - WCHS ABC Sundays at 1:30 AM.

CINCINATTI, OH - WTTE FOX Sundays at 12 AM

COLUMBUS, OH - WTTE FOX Sundays at 12 AM.

DAYTON, OHIO - WRGT FOX Sundays at 10:30 PM and 3:00 AM.

DES MOINES, IOWA - KDSM FOX Sundays 11 PM and Saturdays at 2 AM.

FLINT, MI - WSMH FOX Sundays at 11 PM

GREENSBORO, NC - WMYV MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 8PM and 12 AM.

GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG-ASHEVILLE (CAROLINAS) WMYA CW Network Saturdays at 10 PM.

GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG-ASHEVILLE (CAROLINAS) WLOS ABC Saturdays at 1:30 AM.

LAS VEGAS, NV - KVCW CW Network Saturdays at 10 PM and 1 AM.

LEXINGTON, KY - WDKY FOX Sundays at 12 AM.

MADISON, WI - WMSN FOX Saturdays 12:30 AM and 3:30 AM.

MILWAUKEE, WI - WVTV CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL - WUCW CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

MOBILE-PENSACOLA - WFGX MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

NASHVILLE, TN - WUXP MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 1 AM

NORFOLK, VA - WTVZ MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - KOCB CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and 2 AM.

PADUCAH-CAPE GIRARDEAU - WDKA MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 2 AM,

PEORIA, IL - WYZZ FOX Sundays at 11 PM and Saturdays at 3 AM.

PITTSBURGH, PA - WPMY MyNetworkTV Saturdays 10 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

PORTLAND-AUBURN, MAINE - WGME CBS Saturdays at 1 AM.

RALEIGH-DURHAM, NC - WRDC MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

RICHMOND, VA - WRLH FOX Sundays at 11:30 PM.

ROCHESTER, NY - WUHF FOX Sundays at 1:30 AM.

SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS - KMYS CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

ST. LOUIS - WDNL ABC Saturdays at 1:30 AM.

SYRACUSE, NY - WNYS MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

TALLAHASSEE, FL - WYWC NBC Saturdays at 1 AM.

TAMPA-ST. PETERSBURG, FL - WTTA MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 9 PM.

Didn't they say if it not on TV in your city, it will be free on ROH.com?

ROH says the show will be availabe on their website via stream or something. It'll probably be limited to Americans, but I play to proxxy the crap out of it.

Also, I can't wait for Best in the World tomorrow. The fact that it's early in the day American time is a real hand for me being in GMT.

Per PWInsider, here's a list of markets & airtimes for ROH's show:

CINCINATTI, OH - WTTE FOX Sundays at 12 AM

COLUMBUS, OH - WTTE FOX Sundays at 12 AM.

DAYTON, OHIO - WRGT FOX Sundays at 10:30 PM and 3:00 AM.

Wow, screw you ROH. Every major Ohio city EXCEPT Cleveland? Thanks guys.

Well remember, this is just the starting point. They'll be looking to expand into more markets as time goes on, and with all the major cities around you already covered, I'd think yours would be one of the first they'd look to add.

All those places are hours and hours away from me. Closest one is Columbus which is 2 and a half hours away. Pittsburgh is actually closer.

ROH says the show will be availabe on their website via stream or something. It'll probably be limited to Americans, but I play to proxxy the crap out of it.

Also, I can't wait for Best in the World tomorrow. The fact that it's early in the day American time is a real hand for me being in GMT.

When will it start be on TV again

When the takeover happened they said it would be streamed worldwide, but didnt even mention it in the press conference (from all the reports I have read).

And I also like BITW's timing. First ROH show I will be watching live (as long as my Internet decides to be good on Sunday)

PORTLAND-AUBURN, MAINE - WGME CBS Saturdays at 1 AM.

Okay, this looks rather odd to me. Granted it's been 15 years since I've lived up there and the landscape's been changing dramatically in that time. But Portland and Auburn aren't as close as say Raleigh-Durham in NC. Where I lived there, we got the Portland TV stations and thus would be getting RoH. Although I'd be having to try and remember to record it. Unless of course cable companies up there have figured out that DVR exists by now.

But if I were in Auburn, I wouldn't be nearly as confident about getting RoH right away. The neighbor city would be Lewiston and they had media options over that way that folks relying on the Portland stations wouldn't necessarily get. Granted at the moment, memory suggests those were mostly lower powered stations. Saco did too and that's much closer to Portland than Auburn is. But Lewiston/Auburn didn't take the Portland Press Herald. That area had it's own paper. Heck, where I lived we only took the Press Herald on Sundays. There was a paper in Brunswick that covered our region through the week. Still is. If both the Portland and Lewiston-Auburn regions are able to get RoH on Portland's WGME, then good deal for both. But never before have I seen the Portland-Auburn hyphenate.

How is that logo bolder? To me it just looks like a rejected Affliction design.

1: I don't know. I'm just trying to guess the justification. The new logo doesn't do much for me either.

2: A rejected WHAT design? Either I've never heard of this Affliction thing or I did so in a context that felt unworthy of remembering.

http://www.designerwholesalesources.com/images/discount-affliction-t-shirt-349.jpg

He says the ROH logo looks something like that...

I don't think it does. I think it looks fine, just not anything mind blowing, catchy, or creative.

http://www.designerwholesalesources.com/images/discount-affliction-t-shirt-349.jpg

He says the ROH logo looks something like that...

I don't think it does. I think it looks fine, just not anything mind blowing, catchy, or creative.

I mean just how pointy the logo looks, it reminded me of that.

Affliction is one of the major MMA clothing companies, they usually have designs very similar to the new logo.

Gotcha. So it was the second reason. Context that felt unworthy of remembering. It's hard to miss those Affliction shirts when an MMA buff wears them. That'll just never be me.

Anyway, I'm with Brother ZMAN. I don't see the relationship. Reminds me more of the WCW logo when they got too fancy for their own good if anything.