The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

Thanks, man.

Haven't seen any of them, I'll check them out.

If you are planning to watch the TV show or upcoming shows (Death Before Dishonor coming up on IPPV soon), then Best In The World is must watch. It sets up pretty much everything you need to know going into the TV show, and the main event is a real match of the year contender.

If you are planning to watch the TV show or upcoming shows (Death Before Dishonor coming up on IPPV soon), then Best In The World is must watch. It sets up pretty much everything you need to know going into the TV show, and the main event is a real match of the year contender.

I'll definitely try to watch that too, then.

Like I said been out of the ROH loop for a little over a year now. I love the storytelling and action in pro wrestling, but my interest for whatever reason seems to wane in and out every few years. Looking to get back into ROH though, so thanks.

Warning to others. Don't read the "Special Autograph Signing Set for NYC!" article on ROH's website if you don't wan't to read spoilers.

And considering they are acknowledging it in the article I would say the spoiler is also likely to pop up at Death Before Dishonor. This is why I hate their taping schedule.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can't say I remember having that problem.

Unrelated note: after following the company for approximately seven years, I'm finally going to my first ROH show in November!

congrats on the live show it really is an awesome experience i just hope they announce a date for Des Moines soon since that is much closer than Chicago and Collinsville

Am I the only one who can never seem to access ROH's website?

I always get server errors out the wazoo.

Normally fine for me, except for the forums which had been down for the past few days due to a certain 'Mr Wrestling'.

I am guessing it is down right now while they are updating the site. They said several times on their Twitter that details about the TV show on demand service will be revealed after the relaunch. So that explains its current status.

Unrelated note: after following the company for approximately seven years, I'm finally going to my first ROH show in November!

Print out every show you have run in your diary and try and give it to Cary Silkin. Could land yourself a booking job :p.

For those of you hoping to watch the show on ROH's website, I just saw Cornette post some info on Twitter. Their new website is going to have some kind of 'Elite' section you can pay for, and the show will be made available for those Elite users on Mondays. The rest of you will have to wait until Thursdays for the show to be posted in their free section.

congrats on the live show it really is an awesome experience i just hope they announce a date for Des Moines soon since that is much closer than Chicago and Collinsville

I've never been to the arena in Collinsville, but according to MapQuest it's less than an hour from my house (not accounting for traffic), and this is the first time the schedule has worked out for my buddy and I to make it down. Plopped down $50 for a front row seat.

Print out every show you have run in your diary and try and give it to Cary Silkin. Could land yourself a booking job :p.

...except he probably has no power anymore now that Sinclair is in charge. :D

So I watched ROH tonight. I enjoyed it. I liked the focus on tag teams, and the innovation the ROH guys try to bring to the ring. It makes you realize how stale 90% of WWE matches are.

The production, though, was really bad. In a way, it was so bad that I found it endearing because it reminded me of watching GWF stuff back in the day.

So while I'm not sure how ready they are for prime time, so to speak, I'm interested and I'll certainly be watching next week.

I woke up around 12:30 and ROH wasn't on. It was supposed to be on at 12:00 All of the live reports say that it was an hour though. I am confused.

Maybe it got delayed due to a previous show on your network running over its allotted time? College football bumped the start time back on my network (though only by 8 minutes or so.)

I watched ROH for the first time tonight and I have to say that I will most likely not watch it again it just sucked bad imo. The Code of Honor really did it for me. What kind of wrestling is it if both guys are shaking hands their wrestler not pro sport players. The production values are terrible also and that Richards guy just is boring to me. Lethal was good and so was the tag team match but other than that it sucked.

I watched ROH for the first time tonight and I have to say that I will most likely not watch it again it just sucked bad imo. The Code of Honor really did it for me. What kind of wrestling is it if both guys are shaking hands their wrestler not pro sport players. The production values are terrible also and that Richards guy just is boring to me. Lethal was good and so was the tag team match but other than that it sucked.

In the past, the Code Of Honor has worked wonders for the company though: I've seen heels (seems like Christopher Daniels was one) get tons of heat just by refusing to shake his opponent's hand. It has its share of bonuses, as odd a concept as it may be in modern wrestling.

Personally, I thought the show was much better than the show they'd had previously on HDNet. I didn't think the production values were all that bad, but they could always be improved. To me, ROH always seems noticeably

tamer on their TV shows than they are on the DVD events I've seen, but I thought the main event tag match was very good.

I very much enjoyed the show, can't wait for next week.

:)

Boxers/MMA fighters have the option to touch gloves before the fight starts, that is there version of a handshake, and I have never seen anyone complain about that.

Guys don't have to shake hands, and that can lead to heat at times. (And also jokes galore about the Young Bucks not shaking hands :p.)

Can't say much about production values yet, as I have not seen the show, but what do you expect from an indy company. It is not going to be WWE level.

Onto your point about Davey being boring, truthfully: most ROH characters are 'boring', however in the ring they are more exciting than most people in WWE & TNA. Don't expect to see many wrestlers with over the top gimmicks in ROH (I say many as there is Grizzly Redwood :p).

Yeah, I think the handshake criticism is kind of odd.

The production values are truly terrible, though, even for an indy company. No one's expecting curving megatrons of doom, but the show looks only a step or two above public access. Like I said before, it looks like an indy promotion from 1990.

Personally, I like that because it kind of gives me a dose of nostalgia. But if they want more relative mainstream acceptance, they're gonna have to step the production up a couple notches. Not with megatrons, but with basic stuff like better cameras, lighting, directing, etc.