The Official ROH Discussion Thread

Wrestling Century

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="The Final Countdown" data-cite="The Final Countdown" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26106" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I don't see any of the three titles switching hands any time soon; all have changed within the last few months (2 of the 3 being within the last few weeks), and I think every champion is well-suited for a lengthy reign. I might have given some thought to WGTT losing if their status in ROH wasn't secure, but they just recently signed contracts, so I think they'll be holding onto the belts for a while yet.<p> </p><p> <strong>But yes, if I had to pick a team to dethrone WGTT at the first set of tapings, it'd be ANX. They seem to be grooming Kenny & Rhett for a run at the top</strong>.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah I agree. ANX would benefit from winning it more than KoW and the Briscoes.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

And the first rubbish decision (in my opinion) in the SBG era has happened.

The TV tapings are being run on August the 13th, with the first show being put on TV on 24th September.

When do ROH decide to hold their next IPPV, 17th September. So lets say something big happens at the TV tapings, what happens at the IPPV, do they pretend it hasn't happened yet, and just ignore those who have read the results or were at the show, or do they spoil the TV show for the rest of us?

I guessed this would be a problem, and is why I despise taping a big amount of shows at once, especially when running shows outside of tapings, it's a cant win situation.

Honestly don't know whether I bother with the IPPV this time round, the schedule really doesn't work for me.

They'll probably make the storylines fresh for the TV show and seperae from the iPPV. I've seen many ROH TV tapings that are recorded before a PPV and aired after it. Usually the writers understand how this works and get around it.

I wouldn't be too worried, buddy. They've done this before. I'm pretty sure witht he HDnet show sometimes they'd tape something that would air as late as 4-6 weeks later.

They'll probably make the storylines fresh for the TV show and seperae from the iPPV. I've seen many ROH TV tapings that are recorded before a PPV and aired after it. Usually the writers understand how this works and get around it.

I wouldn't be too worried, buddy. They've done this before. I'm pretty sure witht he HDnet show sometimes they'd tape something that would air as late as 4-6 weeks later.

If I remember right they did a similar thing when Christopher Daniels won the TV title. He won it at the tapings, and before the show aired on TV he showed up at Final Battle with the belt.

Now that didn't bother me since I wasn't watching ROH anymore (ROHBrazil had been removed), but now I can watch the TV show on the site I don't want anything spoiled for me (which also means I won't be visiting the ROH forum anymore, because it's always full of spoilers.).

If I remember right they did a similar thing when Christopher Daniels won the TV title. He won it at the tapings, and before the show aired on TV he showed up at Final Battle with the belt.

Now that didn't bother me since I wasn't watching ROH anymore (ROHBrazil had been removed), but now I can watch the TV show on the site I don't want anything spoiled for me (which also means I won't be visiting the ROH forum anymore, because it's always full of spoilers.).

Yea and at Final Battle they ackowledged that the TV show hadn't aired yet but didnt go into pariculars. It didnt take away from the show and with the product they delivered that night, NO ONE was pissed haha.

In my opinion, Final Battle 2010 was the best wrestling PPV that entire year. Great great stuff.

In my opinion, Final Battle 2010 was the best wrestling PPV that entire year. Great great stuff.

I can't argue with you there.

But in my opinion they really need to sort out some continuity. I personally refuse to purchase a PPV when I am unsure whether it will spoil the TV shows coming up that I wan't to watch. Especially considering (if I remember right) ROH said it hopes to make the TV show must watch for ROH fans. (And it looks that way from the matches announced so far).

Yep. Well I'm a fan of the company and I can see you are too so we both just want the best product they can deliver. I'm sure the writers will work it all out. They generally do.

I'd be willing to bet that the TV show will kick off storylines that are specific to that show whereas the PPV would feature killer longform matches. That was generally the ROH formula in the past and I see nothing indicating that they would change that.

So while I acknowledge your cencern, did the Daniels spoiler ruin anything for you? It didn't for me. I watched Final Battle, loved it, watched the match with him and Edwards... and loved that too.

So while I acknowledge your cencern, did the Daniels spoiler ruin anything for you? It didn't for me. I watched Final Battle, loved it, watched the match with him and Edwards... and loved that too.

No it didn't ruin anything for me because by that point I wasn't watching the TV show at all, and because of that had already read the spoilers. However if I was still watching the TV show I would have been seriously annoyed (putting it nicely, without swearing), because it would have spoiled my enjoyment of the match when Daniels got the belt. I am starting to enjoy wrestling less nowadays, but I can still seriously enjoy it when I don't know what is going to happen, which is the reason why CM Punk has got me hooked to Raw currently, and made Richards vs Edwards at BiTW even better to me, since I didn't know who would win. If I know who is going to win I don't care how good the match is I am not going to enjoy it as much.

But the other scenario, Edwards showing up at FB with the belt would still have annoyed me if I was still watching the show (although I would only get annoyed when seeing Daniels win the belt), as it would feel like they were insulting my intelligence, since I know when the show is taped.

I understand I am being awkward, since ROH can't win with that type of schedule. And this is why I said:

As long as a decent taping schedule can be worked out, this is really a new era for ROH.

As soon as the news was announced, because I saw something like this coming.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I'm going to chime in anyway. :D

Knowing about the title change in advance didn't affect my enjoyment of Final Battle at all (I'm with you; best PPV of 2010.) But it definitely DID affect my enjoyment when the Daniels/Edwards match was finally shown on TV. It was still an awesome match; probably the last excellent match that I saw on the HDNet show. But it would have been even better had I not gone in already knowing that Daniels was going to win the title. Not knowing the outcome ahead of time makes a match a lot more compelling, IMO. That's a big reason why Richards/Edwards from BitW is almost definitely going to be my personal MOTY. No matter how good Punk vs. Cena was, I'll already know what happened before I watch it for myself.

Fair enough. I personally enjoyed Daniels/Edwards. That match's spoilers didn't bother me, but I can scarcely say anyone's wrong for not wanting spoilers. I NEVER and i mean NEVER read spoilers. Jack Swagger won the title and was an internet buzz and I was pissed because I hate spoilers usually too. So I definately see your concern.

I simply love ROH and the matches they put on. I'll be watching regardless myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I would appreciate it if people didn't talk about the results (or did so in white text as to hide it from the people who don't want to know).While I will avoid this thread like the plague before the shows start airing, I will be wishing to come in here and discuss events as they occur on TV, so don't want to read spoilers.

I agree with your idea about a spoiler thread, or I would even suggest a spoiler forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Roh Tv

Here is a list of networks that carry ROH. Thought i would share

BALTIMORE, MD - WNUV CW Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 12:00 AM

BIRMINGHAM, AL - WABM MyNetworkTV at Saturdays 9 PM and Sundays at 11 PM

BUFFALO, NY - WNYO MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM

BUFFALO, NY - WUTV FOX Sundays at 11 PM

CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA -KFXA FOX Saturdays at 11:30 PM

CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA - KGAN CBS Saturdays at 3:30 AM

CHAMPAIGN-SPRINGFIELD, IL WICS/WICD ABC Saturdays at 12:00 AM

CHARLESTON, SC - WMMP MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM

CHARLESTON, SC - WTAT FOX Sundays at 1 AM.

CHARLESTON-HUNTINGTON, WV - WVAH FOX Sundays at 11 PM.

CHARLESTON, HUNTINGTON, WV - WCHS ABC Sundays at 1:30 AM.

CINCINATTI, OH - WTTE FOX Sundays at 12 AM

COLUMBUS, OH - WTTE FOX Sundays at 12 AM.

DAYTON, OHIO - WRGT FOX Sundays at 10:30 PM and 3:00 AM.

DES MOINES, IOWA - KDSM FOX Sundays 11 PM and Saturdays at 2 AM.

FLINT, MI - WSMH FOX Sundays at 11 PM

GREENSBORO, NC - WMYV MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 8PM and 12 AM.

GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG-ASHEVILLE (CAROLINAS) WMYA CW Network Saturdays at 10 PM.

GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG-ASHEVILLE (CAROLINAS) WLOS ABC Saturdays at 1:30 AM.

LAS VEGAS, NV - KVCW CW Network Saturdays at 10 PM and 1 AM.

LEXINGTON, KY - WDKY FOX Sundays at 12 AM.

MADISON, WI - WMSN FOX Saturdays 12:30 AM and 3:30 AM.

MILWAUKEE, WI - WVTV CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL - WUCW CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

MOBILE-PENSACOLA - WFGX MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

NASHVILLE, TN - WUXP MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 1 AM

NORFOLK, VA - WTVZ MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - KOCB CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and 2 AM.

PADUCAH-CAPE GIRARDEAU - WDKA MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 2 AM,

PEORIA, IL - WYZZ FOX Sundays at 11 PM and Saturdays at 3 AM.

PITTSBURGH, PA - WPMY MyNetworkTV Saturdays 10 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

PORTLAND-AUBURN, MAINE - WGME CBS Saturdays at 1 AM.

RALEIGH-DURHAM, NC - WRDC MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

RICHMOND, VA - WRLH FOX Sundays at 11:30 PM.

ROCHESTER, NY - WUHF FOX Sundays at 1:30 AM.

SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS - KMYS CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

ST. LOUIS - WDNL ABC Saturdays at 1:30 AM.

SYRACUSE, NY - WNYS MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

TALLAHASSEE, FL - WTWC NBC Saturdays at 1 AM.

TAMPA-ST. PETERSBURG, FL - WTTA MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 9 PM.

Oh and if any of you don't get any of these networks or ROH in general and would like to watch send me a private message and ill hook ya up

So I haven't seen literally anything from ROH since Early January.

Anybody want to suggest some "can't miss" matches from the past twelve months?

I loved ROH, just kinda fell out of the loop what with life and stuff.

if you haven't seen SoCal Showdown II I recomend that as well as Manhattan Mayhem 4, Honor Takes Center Stage Chapter 1, Supercard of Honor 6, and Best in the World those are really the shows that are must see/have must see matches.

Here is a list of networks that carry ROH. Thought i would share

BALTIMORE, MD - WNUV CW Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 12:00 AM

BIRMINGHAM, AL - WABM MyNetworkTV at Saturdays 9 PM and Sundays at 11 PM

BUFFALO, NY - WNYO MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM

BUFFALO, NY - WUTV FOX Sundays at 11 PM

CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA -KFXA FOX Saturdays at 11:30 PM

CEDAR RAPIDS, IOWA - KGAN CBS Saturdays at 3:30 AM

CHAMPAIGN-SPRINGFIELD, IL WICS/WICD ABC Saturdays at 12:00 AM

CHARLESTON, SC - WMMP MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM

CHARLESTON, SC - WTAT FOX Sundays at 1 AM.

CHARLESTON-HUNTINGTON, WV - WVAH FOX Sundays at 11 PM.

CHARLESTON, HUNTINGTON, WV - WCHS ABC Sundays at 1:30 AM.

CINCINATTI, OH - WTTE FOX Sundays at 12 AM

COLUMBUS, OH - WTTE FOX Sundays at 12 AM.

DAYTON, OHIO - WRGT FOX Sundays at 10:30 PM and 3:00 AM.

DES MOINES, IOWA - KDSM FOX Sundays 11 PM and Saturdays at 2 AM.

FLINT, MI - WSMH FOX Sundays at 11 PM

GREENSBORO, NC - WMYV MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 8PM and 12 AM.

GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG-ASHEVILLE (CAROLINAS) WMYA CW Network Saturdays at 10 PM.

GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG-ASHEVILLE (CAROLINAS) WLOS ABC Saturdays at 1:30 AM.

LAS VEGAS, NV - KVCW CW Network Saturdays at 10 PM and 1 AM.

LEXINGTON, KY - WDKY FOX Sundays at 12 AM.

MADISON, WI - WMSN FOX Saturdays 12:30 AM and 3:30 AM.

MILWAUKEE, WI - WVTV CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL - WUCW CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

MOBILE-PENSACOLA - WFGX MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

NASHVILLE, TN - WUXP MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 1 AM

NORFOLK, VA - WTVZ MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - KOCB CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and 2 AM.

PADUCAH-CAPE GIRARDEAU - WDKA MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 2 AM,

PEORIA, IL - WYZZ FOX Sundays at 11 PM and Saturdays at 3 AM.

PITTSBURGH, PA - WPMY MyNetworkTV Saturdays 10 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

PORTLAND-AUBURN, MAINE - WGME CBS Saturdays at 1 AM.

RALEIGH-DURHAM, NC - WRDC MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 12 AM.

RICHMOND, VA - WRLH FOX Sundays at 11:30 PM.

ROCHESTER, NY - WUHF FOX Sundays at 1:30 AM.

SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS - KMYS CW Network Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

ST. LOUIS - WDNL ABC Saturdays at 1:30 AM.

SYRACUSE, NY - WNYS MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 10 PM and Sundays at 1 AM.

TALLAHASSEE, FL - WTWC NBC Saturdays at 1 AM.

TAMPA-ST. PETERSBURG, FL - WTTA MyNetworkTV Saturdays at 9 PM and Sundays at 9 PM.

Oh and if any of you don't get any of these networks or ROH in general and would like to watch send me a private message and ill hook ya up

Well commense to hooking up my friend!!! :)