Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it Coach Spags has preached over and over again that he doesn't want to take players with a history of problems. I know talent overrides this but with our ownership problems, our horrible record, our virtually still new front office and head coach I just don't think bringing in this kind of attention is a good idea. Plus he's suspended for 4-6 games not too mention who knows where Ben's head is at right now would he even care or try? I like Ben and I agree the Rams could move a second round pick for him but I'd rather they not but I agree its something that would be a good situation I just hope it doesn't happen.

personally I can't wait till the draft

I am a Bucs fan (from Tampa and have always been a hometown guy even when they lose) and I hope Rams go Bradford, Lions Okung.

But the thing I love about comparing Suh to McCoy was is everything

But mainly when people bring in Stats. they do 4 years Suh to 3 years McCoy, and it's like why not do three three

But I also love how both are being compared to Warren Sapp, and my one thing is Sapp was a monster, but one thing that made him great was size, speed, and strength. Sapp had some of the fastest hands I have ever seen at the position and would do "what in Tampa we call" the Ghost smack. Pretty much when he popped up and the lineman would go to block, Sapp smacked his hands away and had the O-lineman off balance, being then able to colapse the pocket

Suh has Sapp's traits of speed, size, and strength, but McCoy has those hands that remind me of Sapp, either way this could get interesting

Personally I hope both are gone by the third and the Bucs trade down and collect more high picks :p

WOOOOOOOOO Big OU fan and big Rams fan, plus I'm a mark for QB's makes this the best pick ever. In 07 I believe it was I wanted the Rams to pick Brady Quinn with their pick, they decided on Tye Hill instead which is just as bad if not worse but I feel good about this pick.

WOOOOOOOOO Big OU fan and big Rams fan, plus I'm a mark for QB's makes this the best pick ever. In 07 I believe it was I wanted the Rams to pick Brady Quinn with their pick, they decided on Tye Hill instead which is just as bad if not worse but I feel good about this pick.

I dunno. QBs don't tend to do well when the defense is in their face right from the snap. :p I'm hoping the Rams do SOMETHING to protect him (hell, erect a chain link fence, I don't care!) unless they have AJ Feeley take all the hits while they put together a decent O-line.

Our o line is pretty good not great. Jason Brown at Center he's proven he can do well in that position as well as move around to other OL positions. Jason Smith at RT should get better I'm hoping we move him back to his natural LT position since Alex Barron can't play worth a hell anyway more false starts than any other OL on the team by far. Jacob Bell and John Greco.

Not a great line but good enough for Jackson to pile up nearly 1500 yards last season. I know some of that is Jackson and some of that is we couldn't throw the ball so all we could do is run but none the less the O line is good. I'm more concerned with Sam coming from the spread offense as opposed to Clausen who with big Chuck ran a pro style offense. None the less if Avery can combine some hands with that blinding speed it'd be nice because as it stands we got nobody for Sam to throw to.

I'm waiting to see who takes a chance on CJ Spiller. I'm a big ACC football fan and I saw a lot of Clemson games. The guy was banged up a lot. Most teams are going to want him for that one punch knockout run and not an every down back, but his injuries in the past worry me. His pros compared to the cons make him a first rounder just on the fact that nobody wants to pass up the chance in fear of someone else taking him.

So Denver trading Cutler wasn't that big of a deal IMO he didn't do squat in Chicago and Orton showed he was a capable replacement. However I think Marshall is a big loss and they need to go with a WR in the first round to make up for it.

No they don't. I'm probably the only Broncos fan on the board and I can tell you unequivocally that that's not the case. If you dispute that, tell me which round Brandon Marshall was drafted in.

I'll wait. Here's a hint: It wasn't the first round.

What round was Wes Welker drafted in? What round was Charles Rogers drafted in? Who's better?

Receiver is one position you don't need to blow a first rounder on. There are enough of them in every draft to go around. Golden Tate in the second round would be fine, as would Mardy Gilyard, Arrelious Benn, or Damian Williams. Dexter McCluster should slip into the same round Marshall was picked in.

If the Broncos take anyone but Rolando McClain in the first round (assuming he's still there), I am gonna be PISSED.

EDIT: FREAKIN' RAIDERS! TAKE SPILLER, you speed junkies!!!

So Denver trading Cutler wasn't that big of a deal IMO he didn't do squat in Chicago and Orton showed he was a capable replacement. However I think Marshall is a big loss and they need to go with a WR in the first round to make up for it.

To be honest... I'd love to see Orton do horrible this season. Horrible as in 10 picks to 4 TDs in the first couple of games or something. Brady Quinn has been given a chance before, but I'd love to see it again. Watching him during his ND days makes it really disappointing to see what he is now.

I know they don't NEED a WR in the first round but they need a WR period. Losing Marshal was a huge blow. You can't just take a WR in the third or fourth round and hope he pans out. Brady was taken in the 7th round I believe but none the less. I agree that the first round is typically not a WR round my point was mostly that they need dominating, game changing WR to replace Marshall. I like Orton and always have, Neck Beard FTW

Ahh. You must be somewhat upset right now. :eek:

Kinda. The Raiders deciding to make a pick that makes sense NOW is annoying. It's okay though, Mike Iupati is still up there.

And dominating, game changing WR aren't the sole purview of the first round. They'll take 3 receivers this draft, but it won't be in the first round (second at the highest, probably with the Dolphins pick).

EDIT: OH YEAH! Trade down and load up on picks! Way to go, Josh!

EDIT2: I hope he got a ton of picks for dropping down that low. :(

EDIT3: OH YEAH! Two 3s will work, sir!

No, you aren't. We're in this together, brother! :D

I like what Josh is doing tonight. Stockpiling draft picks is a good approach, I think. As long as they use the picks wisely, of course, but that should go without saying.

Yeah, I'm hearing Tebow with the 1st rounder. Not a bad choice as I like him more than Clausen (you can't teach the intangibles Tebow has and Clausen hasn't won squat). But I honestly think someone will jump him before then.

Panthers won't trade their backfield (either of them) for Clausen. Considering who their last franchise QB was and how he was acquired, they could do very well with a Tony Pike or Colt McCoy or Dan Lefebvre. Clausen isn't worth selling your entire franchise down the river for.

I'm kind of surprised that the San Diego Chargers jumped from 28 to 12 to grab Ryan Matthews the Fresno State RB. I know he was someone that most people were predicting they'd take, but almost every mock draft had him available in the 20's. They might have had to move up a few spots, but I think they jumped too soon. It cost them the pick they got for Whitehurst, in addition to their 1st rounder. They got Tim Dobbins, but I think they could have waited another 6-10 picks before moving.

I'm kind of surprised that the San Diego Chargers jumped from 28 to 12 to grab Ryan Matthews the Fresno State RB. I know he was someone that most people were predicting they'd take, but almost every mock draft had him available in the 20's. They might have had to move up a few spots, but I think they jumped too soon. It cost them the pick they got for Whitehurst, in addition to their 1st rounder. They got Tim Dobbins, but I think they could have waited another 6-10 picks before moving.

I agree. They reached huge to take a back with durability issues. They could've taken Ben Tate or someone tomorrow and gotten better value and less risk.

And it looks like someone in Denver agreed with you, Stennick. I'm not too sure it was the best move to make but Demaryius is a far better choice than Dez, in my view.

Tebow's "leadership" works on the college but already at the pro level he's tried to "lead a prayer" and do other "intangible, leadership" like things and he got told to flat out shut the F up. I like Tim but he's not a starting QB in the NFL. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right there is no way to tell until he gets on the field. I'd imagine it will be one of those things that goes on forever. Those of us who aren't fans of him will say "well he got selected by a good team and anybody can win with that team" and those people that like him will always say "he's getting a raw deal he can't win with those guys he needs talent". Time will tell but for my money I think he'd make a good HB or TE. Special teams he's the kind of guy that could send a team down the feel just barrelling into the opponent.

No they don't. I'm probably the only Broncos fan on the board and I can tell you unequivocally that that's not the case. If you dispute that, tell me which round Brandon Marshall was drafted in.

I'll wait. Here's a hint: It wasn't the first round.

What round was Wes Welker drafted in? What round was Charles Rogers drafted in? Who's better?

Receiver is one position you don't need to blow a first rounder on. There are enough of them in every draft to go around. Golden Tate in the second round would be fine, as would Mardy Gilyard, Arrelious Benn, or Damian Williams. Dexter McCluster should slip into the same round Marshall was picked in.

If the Broncos take anyone but Rolando McClain in the first round (assuming he's still there), I am gonna be PISSED.

EDIT: FREAKIN' RAIDERS! TAKE SPILLER, you speed junkies!!!

Remi they took a WR in the first round just like I said they should. Me and McDaniels are tight like that :D

/nod

I dont think there was a serious threat to take him until us (The Texans).

I probably would have waited if I was them. And then not spilled any tears if I was wrong.

However as far as the Texans are picking, Im fine with Kareem Jackson. That should quickly fill a hole left by the not all that awesome anyway Dunta Robinson.

We obviously have VERY different views on what leadership in a teammate is actually all about. Leading a prayer? Come on.

Agree to disagree, I guess. I've played gunner. I wouldn't put Tebow there (he's probably not fast enough). Ideally, your gunner creates fair catches (or fumbles) so he has to be down the field at the same time as the ball.

And the Cowboys move up to take Dez. Gee, I guess that Roy Williams project hasn't panned out. :p

EDIT: HELL YES! WE GOT TEBOW!