Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not mad at Eli. Man's trying his hardest with 1.9 seconds to throw the ball. The most dominant offensive line in the past 5 years has just become ... offensive. lol

I am a Giants fan but the thing that has always annoyed me about him is, and this is just an opinion, he does not run the clock well. I seems like he always allows the play clock to run down forcing him to call time outs that hurt the team.

I am a Giants fan but the thing that has always annoyed me about him is, and this is just an opinion, he does not run the clock well. I seems like he always allows the play clock to run down forcing him to call time outs that hurt the team.

Yeah, he has a tendency to overthink the defense in front of him. The difference between him and Peyton is Peyton sees what he has, adapts, calls the play and snaps the ball. Eli ponders if he's doing the right thing while calling, which slows him down. It tends to happen when he's rattled, though, from what I've seen. He takes a few licks, and he worries too much about who's gonna light him up next, which is more human nature than anything. lol

Will say though, his athletism kept him alive, `cause our (yes, I'm one of those "part of the team" people. lol) O-line is horrendous. We went from a dominating wall to a gap filled dam. And against Mathis and Freeney, they did Eli no favors.

Its pretty silly to predict a four touchdown beatdown out of two fairly evenly matched teams like this. I'm sure he'll come in here and say something to the effect of "yeah we lost but barely and you guys won't be so lucky next time". Some people have a hard time looking at their team and saying "you know what I don't think we can win this one".

Lucky for me I'm a Rams fan and I have to say that 16 times a year.

The Texans are much better than the Redskins. They didn't play like it for 2.5 quarters but they are still much better than the 'Skins. This was the type of game where there was no way to tell who the better team was and was a complete coinflip by OT. No game in which the teams combine for ~900 passing yards on 90 attempts is a good indicator of who the better team is.

I actually think the Skins played a heck of a game. They are further along than I would have guessed.

But...Im not super suprised we struggled in certain areas. Texans have had alot of trouble stringing wins together when the first one is coming from an emotional high like beating the Colts. And I think that really showed in the defense today, especially the front seven who were absolutely flat for the first half.

Plus, we struggle against agressive 3-4s. I see Skin fans complaining about how the 3-4 cost them today...but honestly...I think the offense would have carved them up worse if they still ran a 4-3.

Dallas worries me in that they are desperate at this point.

Anyway, with the Vikings flailing and the NFC East being so crazy the last couple weeks, I wouldnt be shocked to see the Redskins show up in the post season. Getting the Rams next week should help them bounce back.

Yea I'll eat my words on this one was a good game but not the outcome I had said it was going to be :( lol but it was a hell of a game

That it was, but I must say (and I HATE saying this) I am very disappointed. Washington should have won that game. They had no business blowing the lead the way they did. The deserve the loss they got.

That it was, but I must say (and I HATE saying this) I am very disappointed. Washington should have won that game. They had no business blowing the lead the way they did. The deserve the loss they got.

Well after the way the Giants played last night it looks like the NFC East will be up for grabs. I could see Washington winning the division. Although I hope the Giants win it.

Yeah Bradford has been spot on this year with a 59% completion percentage when aside from Clayton and Steven Jackson nobody he throws to deserves to be in the NFL as a reciever thats pretty impressive IMO.

Our Defense is the big story though we have yet to allow 20 points in any of our games this year. 49 points in three games thats just 16 points a game. When your defense is allowing 16 points a game you're always in it even when you're as dreadful as the Rams.

With Seattle at home and Detroit on the road its POSSIBLE to be 3-2 in a few weeks. I'm not saying OMGZ we're great or even that we will be but San Fran was picked to win the division and their at 0-3. Speaking of which I want to find Singletary's post game press conference for today's blow out. The NFC West is wide open and really any of the four teams can earn the right to lose badly in the first round of the playoffs if they play their cards right.

Also how many of you realize that Animal's son is our Middle Linebacker? James Laurinaitis, name sound familiar it should? Animal's his father and of course the WWE's head booker (or was atleast) is his uncle.

On top of that dude is a beast he led all rookies last year with a 107 tackles last year. Cushing was second from Houston although he had two more sacks and two more INT's than James.