Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

Why does when someone go ahead of where Mel had him, Mel goes on a tirade saying I didn't have him on my board anywhere near here......... I don't think Titians care Mel, I love listening to McShay so much better.

Mel just always seems offended when someone goes further or way before he saw it. McShay knows he isn't perfect and he still explains why they drafted a person there and not they needed something else blah blah.

I like Tyron Smith to the Cowboys, because they need someone who can replace Adams who left last year. They have a bad running game and he could help.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Nick Fairley should go to the Skins. They need a bunch more then a 4-3 DT. I don't believe he would transition well to 3-4 DE. I think he would be better suited with the Vikings who I think would let Gabbert go for Fairley. A QB is a huge need, but they have piece in place at RB, WR, TE, and O-Line where they could go get a vet QB and drafted a QB later in the draft to develop. the D-Line is getting old and the Defense is getting old.

I just don't like Gabbert and that might be wrong, but Jac might be the best place for him. Garrad is their starter for next year, this allows Gabbert to sit and learn and get more accustom to the NFL style. Garrad is older and his contract is up after this year so Gabbert sitting for a full year would be a great thing for the Jags and fans should really be happy for the first time in a long time. They spent the last two years working on the inside of both sides of the ball and now they are looking for that franchise QB.

I thought the Vikes could have waited till the 2nd round to get Ponder, but Ponder has the potential to be a very talented QB with this team. I don't like Gruden saying the Vikes had no option because they really did.

I think Ryan Mallet could go to the Pats. I know that sounds weird, but they could trade down and get more picks and get Mallet to be their next QB when Brady decides to hang them up. They don't need a QB this year, but it could happen.

Also with these trades that were made, there are people (talented people) that could fall to talented the teams

I'm a huge Titans fan, far and away my favorite team. Being from Missouri I was kind of pulling for them to draft Blaine Gabbert since I've watched him since he was in high school, but I think I'm actually happy they took Jake Locker. Last year everybody was saying he would have been a number one overall pick, and even though his stock fell this year I think he still has great talent, and being a 4 year starter in a BCS conference will help him get ready faster too. I hope Blaine has a great career and I think sitting under Garrard for a few years will help him a ton.

I'm a huge Titans fan, far and away my favorite team. Being from Missouri I was kind of pulling for them to draft Blaine Gabbert since I've watched him since he was in high school, but I think I'm actually happy they took Jake Locker. Last year everybody was saying he would have been a number one overall pick, and even though his stock fell this year I think he still has great talent, and being a 4 year starter in a BCS conference will help him get ready faster too. I hope Blaine has a great career and I think sitting under Garrard for a few years will help him a ton.

True, Jake was one of my favorite QB's in this class. He didn't have the talent a lot of other QB's had and while he can inaccurate at times with a great running back improving wideouts and a talented O-Line he should do well. I can tell you there were probably a lot of QB's licking their lips in hopes they'd get chosen to go there. They have a offense that could really make a rookie QB look good.

yet another year not addressing our holes in the pass rush and inability to get off the field on third down.

That pick made me want to punch a baby. Most drafts don't even have that kid taken before the pats pick again, and if you were really worried you could have gotten jordan and traded one of your 4ths or 3rds and moved up from 27 to get him anyway

Plus the biggest O-line concern for the pats is guard.

So the Bucs drafted a guy named Adrian Clayborn a DE out of Iowa, I liked him but I liked C. Jordan from Cal more.

Now here is the big concern. First he has Erb's Palsy in the right shoulder I believe. Second he was arrested for assaulting a Cab driver last year. The Bucs are only a couple day away from cutting troubled CB Talib.

Also outside of that cab driver Clayborn hasn't had other troubles. I like Clayborn.

Man J.J Watt just seems like that guy who yanks cows around wearing jeans and a ripped shirt.

I think Fairley goes to Vikings or Prince goes their. Winfield is getting old and Prince would have a fun year to work under Winfield.

I like JJ Watts the player.

Not sure how I feel about JJ Watts the pick. Sure am sick of watching us select DLinemen in the first round...

Still will be fun to watch him and Mario crush all these mediocre rookie QBs next year. :D

I like JJ Watts the player.

Not sure how I feel about JJ Watts the pick. Sure am sick of watching us select DLinemen in the first round...

Still will be fun to watch him and Mario crush all these mediocre rookie QBs next year. :D

I thought they would have gone after Smith or Prince with that pick.

Undoubtably a concern.

But Im not a big fan of Prince. Besides having a fun name.

I have to admit, it is a fun name. Little surprised we went for Prince, what with my influence with the Giants front office and all. Not shocked, the Giant secondary is a walking M*A*S*H unit, but I really thought we'd go offensive line.

And from a purely nostalgic pov, I was kind of hoping we'd pick up Ingram. Just be nice to see that name in big blue again.

OH MY GOD, how scary are the Lions now? You put Fairley next to Suh with Vanden Bosch and the old man is going to be really happy. I'm hoping they continue bolstering their defense and pick up a QB in the later rounds. You need insurance for when the china doll goes down. Of course, bolstering the O-line might help but....NAHHHH! :p

Now, hopefully the Broncos trade down and pick up an extra 3rd (and 4th, if they're lucky) since we need so much defensively.

I have to admit, it is a fun name. Little surprised we went for Prince, what with my influence with the Giants front office and all. Not shocked, the Giant secondary is a walking M*A*S*H unit, but I really thought we'd go offensive line.

And from a purely nostalgic pov, I was kind of hoping we'd pick up Ingram. Just be nice to see that name in big blue again.

Even though I dont care for Prince, you gotta like the Giants getting him when he did. Great value pick.

And its not like Im an infallable expert. Not even the experts are experts. :p

OH MY GOD, how scary are the Lions now? You put Fairley next to Suh with Vanden Bosch and the old man is going to be really happy. I'm hoping they continue bolstering their defense and pick up a QB in the later rounds. You need insurance for when the china doll goes down. Of course, bolstering the O-line might help but....NAHHHH! :p

Now, hopefully the Broncos trade down and pick up an extra 3rd (and 4th, if they're lucky) since we need so much defensively.

This is what I'm hoping for too now. Suh, Fairley, Correy Williams, and Sammie Lee Hill is a damn good group of DT's. I thought for sure they'd go CB or OT but hard to pass up a talent like Fairley (and since I bitched when they passed on Moss even though they didn't need a wr, time to shut up now lol).

So, I say screw it, pick up some linebackers (maybe Bruce Carter) with the rest of the draft and make the front seven so good that we can live with Chris Houston and Alphonso Smith on the corners.

This is what I'm hoping for too now. Suh, Fairley, Correy Williams, and Sammie Lee Hill is a damn good group of DT's. I thought for sure they'd go CB or OT but hard to pass up a talent like Fairley (and since I bitched when they passed on Moss even though they didn't need a wr, time to shut up now lol).

So, I say screw it, pick up some linebackers (maybe Bruce Carter) with the rest of the draft and make the front seven so good that we can live with Chris Houston and Alphonso Smith on the corners.

I could see Williams or Sammie Lee being used as trade bait now to try to get picks for next years draft when players are allowed to be moved.

Also tomorrow we could start seeing players get traded depending on what the NFL decides.

My personal preference for the Broncos was Peterson, and then Miller. Ecstatic that they got the latter. I think both have a real possibility of becoming elite.

Salivating at the thought of a healthy Dumervil and Miller rushing the edges.

Time to get a DT in the 2nd round.

Vikings were a fish out of water last night. It leaves a real bad taste in my mouth about how unprepared they were after Locker went unexpectedly #8. They drafted a career backup qb and let a division rival get the best interior d-line in the NFL.

VERY disappointed.

My impressions of him are not good. I seen Florida State play 3 times this year 2 of the games Ponder f'ed up badly to help with these losses.

A. Going in for a go ahead score with under a minute left Ponder fumbles the snap at the 1 yardline.

B. Running a bootleg Ponder could either A.) Run it in for the go ahead score or B) Pass to the wide open running back in the flat for the game winning score, he chooses C.) Chuck it at the ankles of the wide open running back so he cant make the catch.

Small sample size but I dont think these two examples are what winners are made of.

Vikings were a fish out of water last night. It leaves a real bad taste in my mouth about how unprepared they were after Locker went unexpectedly #8. They drafted a career backup qb and let a division rival get the best interior d-line in the NFL.

VERY disappointed.

My impressions of him are not good. I seen Florida State play 3 times this year 2 of the games Ponder f'ed up badly to help with these losses.

A. Going in for a go ahead score with under a minute left Ponder fumbles the snap at the 1 yardline.

B. Running a bootleg Ponder could either A.) Run it in for the go ahead score or B) Pass to the wide open running back in the flat for the game winning score, he chooses C.) Chuck it at the ankles of the wide open running back so he cant make the catch.

Small sample size but I dont think these two examples are what winners are made of.

he threw for 70% and I saw him torch a very talented Florida Secondary.

he threw for 70% and I saw him torch a very talented Florida Secondary.

I heard hes great at checking down. This Florida State fan I talk to on a different forum FOFC didnt even have much good to say about him.

Normally when a players best asset is "hes smart" it doesnt say a lot for the rest of his game.

I heard hes great at checking down. This Florida State fan I talk to on a different forum FOFC didnt even have much good to say about him.

Normally when a players best asset is "hes smart" it doesnt say a lot for the rest of his game.

true, but if he is a Chad Pennington type before the injuries he guys got a QB who fits your system well. Ponder will come in make nice throws, be accurate, and handed to AP and TG very well. Behind that line he will have a bunch of time and he has a couple good throwing options as well.