Official NFL Discussion Thread

Stennick

Attention all players:

We noticed in the minutes before the draft began that the draft order was not snaking, but instead going 1-12, 1-12, which isn't even an option in the draft settings.

I reset the draft (no picks were made). I am going to find someone on the ESPN site to complain to, hopefully get it sorted, then I will reschedule the draft for tomorrow (Saturday 8/30) at the same time (9pm ET).

Apologies to those who made the draft, I'll do the best I can to figure this out.

No need to complain. Some quick googling came up with this.

The relevant part:

In order to prevent a user from improving his draft position by not taking keepers, ESPN Fantasy drafts do not "snake" during the keeper rounds. Keeper rounds will process 1-10 for each Keeper position available, even if no Keepers have been selected. For example, in a three Keeper league, the first three rounds will process 1-10, then beginning with the fourth round onward, snaking will begin in the league's draft order.

So, the draft behavior was correct and unavoidable in a keeper league.

If it showed ALL rounds as non-snaking, it would probably reshuffle after the keeper rounds. It's probably a limitation of the draft client that makes it that way.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No need to complain. Some quick googling came up with this.

The relevant part:

So, the draft behavior was correct and unavoidable in a keeper league.

If it showed ALL rounds as non-snaking, it would probably reshuffle after the keeper rounds. It's probably a limitation of the draft client that makes it that way.

Yes, the person I was chatting with called it a 'known issue' and that it was supposed to re-arrange itself starting in the third round. Would have been nice if they'd put something on the home page...

Yes, the person I was chatting with called it a 'known issue' and that it was supposed to re-arrange itself starting in the third round. Would have been nice if they'd put something on the home page...

It'd also be nice if they explained the "non-snaking in the keeper rounds" thing in the first place, too.

A lot of people seem to not like Yahoo (and nobody has ever explained to me why... not that they owe me that, but I'd like to know), but, honestly, they're the only drafting site that's both fully-customizable and not occasionally hit by either a season-crippling bug or scary, unintuitive, status that makes you fear the rare season-crippling bug may be imminent.

It'd also be nice if they explained the "non-snaking in the keeper rounds" thing in the first place, too.

A lot of people seem to not like Yahoo (and nobody has ever explained to me why... not that they owe me that, but I'd like to know), but, honestly, they're the only drafting site that's both fully-customizable and not occasionally hit by either a season-crippling bug or scary, unintuitive, status that makes you fear the rare season-crippling bug may be imminent.

If I was in a pay league it would bug me - my one pay league actually drafts live at a local Hooters then the commish manually enters the results. I don't think I'd join a pay league that did it any other way.

Anyway, I'll send another email out through ESPN with an update.

I don't know if I was one of the four in the room but I was on my phone ready for it and couldn't figure out why we weren't drafting. Tomorrow night works better for me anyway. Now I get to go tinker with my draft even more.

Hmm...the four I had were myself, Eisen, Swanton and IER. Didn't see you at all. Could you see us? Did you try to chat at all (would understand if you didn't since you were on the phone).

I'm looking forward to the draft tonight! I'll be home watching the Badger game; so, I'll actually be an active participant on chat as well. Hopefully we can pull in as many owners as possible (as, in previous years, I feel that we had some who 'gave up' halfway through the year).

Me too mate. Gotta rep my state team lol.

Notes on the opener (from a disgruntled Packer fan):

- We (I'm a part-owner, I can say we :p ) beat ourselves. Not to say that Seattle didn't use their firepower and successfully beat us, but there were so many easy missed tackles and penalties that kept us out of reach.

- The referees sucked. Again, that wasn't the cause of the discrepancy, but there were some absurd calls that went the Seahawks' way and quite a few calls that they just flat out missed. But that's okay, like I said it wasn't the reason for the loss like last time.

- I hate Pete Carroll's face (just thought I'd throw this one in here :D )

- Brad Jones is not a starting-caliber NFL inside linebacker.

- Bryan Bulaga's injury hurts far worse than this loss does, if he re-tore his ACL. Derek Sherrod is horrible, as shown by him getting beat twice. What an absolute bust of a first rounder he was. Eddie Lacy's probable concussion sucks too.

- The Seahawks looked great, I can't take that away from them. I'm a big Marshawn fan so it was good to see him play well at the very least.

- Green Bay is so frustratingly on that 2nd tier of teams like the Patriots, Saints, Colts, etc when they could be on that top level with the Broncos, Seahawks, and 49ers with the amount of talent they have.

- HaHa looked decent, he's just gotta make a couple of more plays when he's got the chance. He was in the right spots and he's got good instincts, he's just gotta finish the tackles and interceptions when the opportunity is there.

I'm probably forgetting a couple of things, but you guys don't care about my Packers ramblings, so I'll just say happy football! :D