The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

Just watched a interview espn did with Jackson and wow if looks could kill. I know fighters talk up fights and there is trash talk to hype up fights but the look in his eyes.....he means it. I think he is going to try and hurt evans this weekend.

For his last few weeks at the Wolfslair, the guy was like a man possessed. Scary stuff indeed. He does, all hype aside, want to do some damage in this fight. Considering what he did to Wanderlei after he knocked him out (not that I approve of it), whoever is reffing the main event better be ready to step in.

I am also loveing Bellator and was excited as soon as I head Dan Hornbuckle was in it. His head kick on Gono was nasty. I also think Warren has made a lot of new fans. He is like a mini Couter jacked up on speed.

Warren is awesome, he's like a mini Lesnar in my eyes. Freak of nature athlete who gets a little better every time we see him. Give him a year or two and he'll be right up there.

Warren is awesome, he's like a mini Lesnar in my eyes. Freak of nature athlete who gets a little better every time we see him. Give him a year or two and he'll be right up there.

Plus he is very likeable. His charisma is off the chart. I find my self looking forward to cheering him on at the olympics : )

Jesus that injury was gruesome. Reminded me of the first time I got kneebarred when I was a white belt and didn't know when to tap. :(

Does Bellator cover medical costs for injuries that happen in the cage the same way UFC does?

Also Freire is gonna tap Warren like it ain't no thing.

Does Bellator cover medical costs for injuries that happen in the cage the same way UFC does?

They have to have basic medical insurance to cover accidents/injuries to fighters. I know the UFC pay for alot of the aftercare/rehab ect, no idea if Bellator does that too, but if I was pressed I'd say no, due to the cost.

They have to have basic medical insurance to cover accidents/injuries to fighters. I know the UFC pay for alot of the aftercare/rehab ect, no idea if Bellator does that too, but if I was pressed I'd say no, due to the cost.

I think that's why a lot of fighter put up with some of the crap from UFC. They know they are covered if something happens in that cage. Also it doesn't hurt that they get paid well :p

Just was looking over the 114 prelim fighters and am surprised and the guys on there since at least half have been pushed at one time. Amir, Lauzon, Efrain, Guillard, Cane, Riley could easily be on a main card

Pretty sure being on the Spike prelims gives you more exposure than being on the main card.

I was a bit surprised to see Cane and Guillard on the undercard but maybe they just want to see if Cane really can't deal with left hands since I think Diabate fights southpaw. Guillard's fight is almost certainly going to end in an early knockout so that'll be something to fill out the time when Duffee scored another record knockout.

Just was looking over the 114 prelim fighters and am surprised and the guys on there since at least half have been pushed at one time. Amir, Lauzon, Efrain, Guillard, Cane, Riley could easily be on a main card

Lauzon has only fought twice, and got his butt handed to him in the 1st round both times. You thinking of Joe?

Fair point on the rest of them though...Spike always asks for Ultimate Fighter guys on the prelims where possible, which makes sense I guess. Doesn't hurt the fighters either, they get a *LOT* more money from sponsors for appearing on Spike TV as opposed to the PPV.

Hopefully there will be some quick finishes so we can see the Cane-Diabate fight and the Guillard-Lowe massacre.

Come on then boys, money where your mouth is time...who've you got?

Rampage - (T)KO, 2nd round

Bisping - decision

Nogueira - submission, 1st round

Sanchez - decision

Duffee - (T)KO, 2nd round

Kim - (T)KO, 1st round (my wildest pick of the night...just got a feeling!)

Escudero - submission, 2nd round

Guillard - (T)KO, 1st round

Cane - (T)KO, 2nd round

Riley, decision

Jensen, decision

Rampage - (T)KO, 2nd round

Bisping - decision

Nogueira - submission, 1st round

Hathaway - desicion

Russow - submission, 2nd round

Sadollah - submission, 3rd round

Escudero - desicion

Guillard - (T)KO, 1st round

Cane - (T)KO, 1st round

Riley - decision

Forbes - decision

In other news, Matt Hughes has become the 5th inductee of the UFC Hall of Fame. Deserved in my opinion. Oh, and Kid Yamamoto just ran through Federico Lopez and Akiyo Nishura upset Hideo Tokoro. Featherweight fun in Japan!

In other news, Matt Hughes has become the 5th inductee of the UFC Hall of Fame. Deserved in my opinion. Oh, and Kid Yamamoto just ran through Federico Lopez and Akiyo Nishura upset Hideo Tokoro. Featherweight fun in Japan!

Great to see Hughes in the HOF, well deserved IMO.

Dream have just announced (finally) Kawajiri vs Aoki for the strap! About time!! :D

Dream have just announced (finally) Kawajiri vs Aoki for the strap! About time!! :D

http://i49.tinypic.com/aeqmao.jpg

I'm bad at picking but here we go

Rampage - TKO, 3rd round

Bisping - Decision

Nogueira - TKO, 3rd round

Sanchez - Decision

Duffee - TKO, 1st round

Kim - TKO, 2nd round

Escudero - Submission, 2nd round

Guillard - TKO, 1st round

Cane - Submission, 1st round

Riley, TKO, 2nd round

Jensen, Submission, 3rd round

Crusher by caving Aoki's face in, 1st round

Ill go with...

Rampage

Bisping

Duffee

Little Nog

Sanchez

Sadollah

Escudero

Guillard

Cane

Riley

Jensen

currently downloaded Bellator XX to watch.. is next week just a recap show? I remember them advertising it last week as 'The Road To The Finals'

Kawajiri+Aoki= EPIC WIN.

I think Aoki will win though. Don't like him, but he's the better fighter imo.

I thought it was going to be competitive until I saw how miserable Aoki looked against Melendez. Kawajiri is a better everything than Melendez and has gotten loads better since he beat Melendez the first time (which everyone thought he did except the dumb judges.)

Jackson-via murder

Miller

Duffee

Nog

Hathaway

Kim

Escudero

Guillard

Diabate

Riley

Jensen

I don't even know who the fighters in the last two fights are so I just went with your picks Brash :p As for the rounds and how I can never guess those with any accurecy so I will leave that to the pro :)

Word is that win or lose against Chael Sonnen, Anderson Silva will fight Vitor Belfort at UFC 120 in London this October. It will be on Spike TV.

Dana said yesterday that he intends to put on a big Spike TV card to make up for the Silva-Sonnen debacle. He didn't explicitly say that it would be Silva-Belfort (he can't really, until they know where they stand after the Sonnen fight), but that is the plan for now.

There is talk that even if he beats Sonnen, Silva will vacate the middleweight belt. This is just me speculating, but I could see the Belfort fight being at 205, or a 195lb catchweight if that happens. Belfort hasn't really earned a title shot anyway; were he to beat Silva, he could fight Sonnen, Marquardt or Maia for the strap at 185.

Roll on October!

When do tickets go on sale? I'm there. Rooting for Belfort, simply because he's less of a knob.

Probably July, end of June at the earliest. They haven't even announced it yet, but the three new Wolfslair signings and Dan Hardy have all been contacted about fights, and the expo is that weekend, so it's definitely on. :)

Wooo. London's great for me - within distance. Machester/Brumland are a pain to get to. It'll be good to see these guys in action, and do these new Wolfslair guys have names?

Kurt Warburton: 7-2-1 lightweight who is 1-1-1 in Pro/Amateur bouts against Ross Pearson. Here's a quick interview I did with him when he signed:

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/05/07/kurt-warburton-admits-signing-with-the-ufc-hasn%E2%80%99t-really-sunk-in-yet/

Tom Blackledge: 10-6. Will be competing at 205, but his losses are all to HWs. He's Rampage's training partner and was one of his assistant coaches on TUF.

Rob Broughton: 14-5-1, number 1 ranked UK HW. Has fought in M-1 challenge and just won an 8-man, one night HW GP in the UK.