The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

The thing that cracked me up most about the entire card was the pre-event discussion/hype segment with Bones and Couture. Bones was horrible on the mic and made it abundantly clear that everything they say is totally 'worked' which is quite a turnoff. Hilarious, yet a little sad.

MiddleEasy reported that Couture had to give Jones a pep talk during the break for being too dull, lol. Not that I can see Jon Jones being intimidated by anyone, but the image of him being told off by Couture (who is old enough to be his dad anyway) is pretty hilarious.

Not really gonna get into the Bisping/Sonnen debate other than to say...

1 - I though Bisping won the first two.

2 - You can easily score the second round for Sonnen.

3 - Neither guy came out of this looking at all bad.

I'm thinking Bisping vs Maia, Munoz vs Weidman next. Assuming that he beats Wand, I can very much see Belfort getting the next title shot after Sonnen.

The thing that cracked me up most about the entire card was the pre-event discussion/hype segment with Bones and Couture. Bones was horrible on the mic and made it abundantly clear that everything they say is totally 'worked' which is quite a turnoff. Hilarious, yet a little sad.

He relied heavily on his notes and was constantly looking down at them instead of looking at the camera. Maybe it is due to him being young or maybe it was nerves but yeah he did come off well at all.

Sometimes jocks just are not that great in front of the camera, at least he spoke in a clear understandable voice. Which is much better than Shannon Sharpe does on the NFL pre-game shows.

forgot to mention, Lauzon is DLC.

http://mixedmartialawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/jlau.jpg

You know, I have DLC fatigue now.... some of these things don't even NEED to be DLC... in fact, some of them might even mere "unlocks" to already existing data on the disc. While I don't necessarily have a problem with this all time, the amount of the DLC they are pushing out for "characters" is a bit ridiculous. Perhaps standard (sadly) nowadays, but still ridiculous.

Jack Marshman vs Tom Watson at BAMMA is picking up a lot of traction, so I hear.

Huge step up for Marshman...

I like the guy (how can you not) but why would they feed him to Kong Watson so quickly?

They need to find Marshman someone with a bit of a name, but perhaps on the downward of their career.

Give us Watson v Wallhead.

Jack Marshman vs Tom Watson at BAMMA is picking up a lot of traction, so I hear.

Watson has said on twitter that his next fight won't be in BAMMA.

However Watson is scheduled to announce his next fight this week, Marshman has said he's waiting to announce who he's fighting but can't just yet & BAMMA are also hyping something big for BAMMA 9 so i'm not sure whether your just putting 2 & 2 together & assuming there going to fight each other, or whether you have heard something from someone but either way if that's the big fight there hyping, it would be a little bit of a disappointment to be honest.

Watson has said on twitter that his next fight won't be in BAMMA.

However Watson is scheduled to announce his next fight this week, Marshman has said he's waiting to announce who he's fighting but can't just yet & BAMMA are also hyping something big for BAMMA 9 so i'm not sure whether your just putting 2 & 2 together & assuming there going to fight each other, or whether you have heard something from someone but either way if that's the big fight there hyping, it would be a little bit of a disappointment to be honest.

Lets just say XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Wow, was asked to delete that post! Interesting times indeed :-p

<p>They're on to you Brad...</p><p> </p><p>

I'm going Condit, Nelson, Pierce, Barao & Herman</p><p> </p><p>

Anyone else feel that Condit/Diaz could be the greatest fight ever - the primetime is adding that big fight feel for me.</p><p> </p><p>

Plus these guys can go for 25 minutes, always going forward - very unique strikers, if it goes to the ground Diaz is dangerous but Condit is one of the most active guys from his back</p><p> </p><p>

Seriously cant wait for this.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Couture=Legend" data-cite="Couture=Legend" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="26660" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Watson has said on twitter that his next fight won't be in BAMMA. <p> </p><p> However Watson is scheduled to announce his next fight this week, Marshman has said he's waiting to announce who he's fighting but can't just yet & BAMMA are also hyping something big for BAMMA 9 so i'm not sure whether your just putting 2 & 2 together & assuming there going to fight each other, or whether you have heard something from someone but either way if that's the big fight there hyping, it would be a little bit of a disappointment to be honest.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Just to clarify, I'm not speculating...BAMMA have been in a bit of turmoil of late, and 'the plan' keeps changing. A number of fights have fallen through and they're on a serious damage limitation exercise at the moment with their reputation. Announcements have been promised, people have been let down, and it's all turning into a bit of a joke. </p><p> </p><p> It's getting to the point though that their fans, fighters and the media, are getting sick of being messed around. Fans are losing faith in BAMMA's ability to deliver on fight cards (or events full stop). Fighters are getting very frustrated because A) they don't have fights booked and B) those that do are forbidden from announcing them - meaning they can't start selling tickets, which is how most of the domestic guys BAMMA have make money. </p><p> </p><p> Media are tired of getting fobbed off. BAMMA realise this, as they have offered key members of the MMA press (myself included) meetings with their new ops manager to talk the whole situation through and give us some confidence that they know what they're doing. There was also the situation a month or so ago when an ex-BAMMA employee emailed a load of us a wealth of information on just how badly the promotion was doing, and detailing some naughty things they'd been up to. I personally know people (fighters and non-fighters) who are owed money by the promotion. I'm guessing these meetings will be damage limitation for the above as well. </p><p> </p><p> I've had enough of pestering BAMMA to be honest, so when the news breaks, it probably wont be broken by me. They promised me the exclusive on Nate leaving, but took so long to get it ready that Lex McMahon broke it himself. They did give me the exclusive on their own official statement and the date/location of BAMMA 9 though, so there's that. Anyway, expect fights for Neil Grove, Jack Marshman, Tom Watson and a couple of tourney's to be announced this week. </p><p> </p><p> ...or maybe next week. Or the week after. All in good BAMMA-time. </p><p> </p><p> /rant</p>