The Official MMA Discussion Thread

brashleyholland

For me, the one problem Bisping will always have is a lack of ways to finish fights. He's good on his feet, but doesn't have the power to hurt guys. He's actually a pretty good wrestler (well, for a Brit, anyway), but when he gets someone down, he doesn't seem to have the skills to submit guys.

The problem Bisping has is whenever he gets "THAT FIGHT" that's supposed to be the one to propel him to a title shot, he doesn't win it.

It really is that simple. Like the guy, like his attitude, and I like his work rate. I can never say Bisping's "lazy". My issue is that he's still crying about a damn title shot. He didn't do enough in that fight to have this much entitlement to a future shot.

That said, when he gets back he should and probably will get a really nice fight. I definitely think he's earned that. He'll get a nice fight against a top MW. I'm thinking Belfort or Belcher. And if he gets past that guy the winner of Chael/Silva is rightfully his.

To be fair, what he's saying isn't wrong. Frankie Edgar clearly lost to Ben Henderson - I'm a huge Frankie fan, but even I couldn't give him that fight.

Wow really?? I agreed with the decision in the end but that fight was never a clear loss for Edgar in my opinion,. Extremely close fight that alot of people actually scored for Edgar! Alot of opinion's on this fight seem to be clouded by the fact that Edgar took alot of damage in the fight whilst Bendo took almost none, but that holds no bearing on the judges criteria, or at least it shouldn't be under the current rules, however whether the judges that night looked at Egdar's face & assumed he was losing is another story.

But yeah that fight was very close in my book & i can't wait for the rematch, although i think Bendo will get a clear-cut decision this time around.

Wow really?? I agreed with the decision in the end but that fight was never a clear loss for Edgar in my opinion,. Extremely close fight that alot of people actually scored for Edgar! Alot of opinion's on this fight seem to be clouded by the fact that Edgar took alot of damage in the fight whilst Bendo took almost none, but that holds no bearing on the judges criteria, or at least it shouldn't be under the current rules, however whether the judges that night looked at Egdar's face & assumed he was losing is another story.

But yeah that fight was very close in my book & i can't wait for the rematch, although i think Bendo will get a clear-cut decision this time around.

Actually, I think the fight was clearly for Bendo as well. The thing was, each round was close, but the fight as a whole? Bendo looked like he had won the whole fight overall. That doesn't factor into other fights are judged, but if he somewhat closely, but not too closely, wins each round, it's not that surprising he won the fight.

At best, it was Frankie Edgar 48-47. At worst, for Edgar, it was Bendo 49-46.

The problem Bisping has is whenever he gets "THAT FIGHT" that's supposed to be the one to propel him to a title shot, he doesn't win it.

It really is that simple. Like the guy, like his attitude, and I like his work rate. I can never say Bisping's "lazy". My issue is that he's still crying about a damn title shot. He didn't do enough in that fight to have this much entitlement to a future shot.

That said, when he gets back he should and probably will get a really nice fight. I definitely think he's earned that. He'll get a nice fight against a top MW. I'm thinking Belfort or Belcher. And if he gets past that guy the winner of Chael/Silva is rightfully his.

The thing is, I get the sense that the UFC is holding off a bit for Silva to retire, and THEN give a title shot to Bisping. I don't think Bisping is going to beat Silva, and I believe they don't think he will, either.

Yeah, looking back on it (happened to watch it again last night), it seems to get closer every time I watch it. I still think Bendo won, but Frankie certainly had his moments, and I'm massively looking forward to the rematch.

I actually go the other way in the rematch - I think Frankie has a better shot this time - Bendo used a standing Kimura to great effect to neutralise a lot of Frankie's wrestling in the first match, but on the occasions when he couldn't do that, Frankie was definitely getting the better of the wrestling, which was a bit of a surprise. Assuming Frankie's camp works on a way of countering that Kimura attempt without losing the grapple, I think he could have a lot more control this time. He just needs to avoid those upkicks this time. ;)

EDIT: In retrospect, a better example would probably have been BJ Penn/Frankie Edgar and that rematch that seemed to come almost entirely from BJ Penn fanboys crying that he couldn't possibly have lost to a guy like Frankie.

Whatever happened to this guy? Got into MMA a little bit late but he was a hell of a prospect & could've achieved some great things, however he seems to have disappeared off the radar recently!

Dude's almost 40...he never had any intention of a fully fledged MMA career. He supposedly just wanted to give it a go. Part of me thinks maybe he wanted to see if he could capitalise on the fame of cousin Kimbo, get a few big fights then launch his health and fitness coach career off the back of it.

What, at the end of a round or something? I haven't seen the fight yet as I was working at FCC all weekend. Who told you the rumour?

My mom said she saw it on the news. That's all she said, however I don't think he throw a punch at the end of any round.

Another note, is it true Silva vs. Sonnen 2 is made into a comic book?

My mom said she saw it on the news. That's all she said, however I don't think he throw a punch at the end of any round.

Lol, I think your mum may have misheard something :-p

And yeah, sort of. It's being released day by day on their facebook page.

I think it's an online comic to promote their upcoming fight. I believe a panel a day will be released on the UFC Facebook page.

EDIT: brashleyholland beat me to it lol.

Good to see Saffiedine is getting another fight in. :D

Just watched the previous PPV and that first match was quite a beauty. And it's always a pleasure to see Wanderlei. What an awesome dude.

Also saw Tate getting Kedzie. Looks like a little off though. What happened to Davis. She seemed a better fit.

edit: ok, so she already has a fight. Oh well...

Well I guess Silva vs. Sonnen 2 has reached another level in Canada. One of the top 2 sports only channels every weekday has a top of a topic, yesterday's, top 10 Anderson Silva or Chael Sonnen moments.

Anyways really pumped for this fight.

Big Big fight. Very excited. This has that same level of general awareness around it that UFC 100 had. I'm glad not only us but the mainstreamers are excited about a fight that has nothing to do with Brock Lesnar.

BAMMA are being gutted of their top talent.

Tom Watson and Jimi Manuwa have both been signed by the UFC and confirmed for the Nottingham card today. Watson will face Brad Tavares. Jimi doesn't have an opponent, but I'm guessing Diabate.

Also, there are two other BAMMA stars who might be doing something other than fighting on a BAMMA card in September, if you catch my drift. Tough luck for BAMMA...or should that be TUF luck? (hint hint)

I've known that Jimi has been trying to get out of his BAMMA contract since shortly after his first fight with them. He had his lawyers on it, and even contacted UCMMA to get him a fight ASAP if he could break free. Can't blame him; the guy is 32 and was wasting his prime in an org that couldn't provide him fights.

Since his public spat with them a while back, Tom has always been posotive about BAMMA in the press, although that probably has something to do with one of his main sponsors also sponsoring BAMMA.

Slightly related - I've got pretty much all the UK TUF guys confirmed. It's worse than UK vs USA - the Aussies are going to get mangled. If two Aussies even get to the Semi's, you can bet they'll be matched together because there is a high likelihood that the finale card (in Aus) will feature all-Brit finals.

Slightly related - I've got pretty much all the UK TUF guys confirmed. It's worse than UK vs USA - the Aussies are going to get mangled. If two Aussies even get to the Semi's, you can bet they'll be matched together because there is a high likelihood that the finale card (in Aus) will feature all-Brit finals.

Will you be able to tell us any time soon? Also, where will I be able to watch?