Best way to develop wrestlers?

I was wondering what are the best ways to get wrestlers better? I know how to develop someones mic skills and charisma, but is there any tricks for developing other skills? Also, in my current game I am trying to get some guys to have better psychology any suggestions? Besides that what about development territories, what kind of trainers should you get?

How very insightful. I'll give you examples of ways to develop guys(if that makes sense.)

To develop mic skills and charisma do 6 min interviews with someone with better mic and charisma. This will dramatically improve their mic skills really fast.

One way I know how to improve skills. Is to put together a tag team with a raw rookie with a skillful vet and put them against really good tag team to develop the rookie.

Besides that what I wanted to know was how to develop psychology skills. Is it like Stamina where you just put them in long matches or do you have to put them against guys with better psychology.

Some workers develop pretty quickly and on their own. I've had workers jump .2 or .4% in psychology without even working a match that month. Those same guys will usually develop even faster if put in the ring with a worker with good psychology. Working dark matches with better workers so a worker can get 2 and 3 matches a show is usually pretty helpful as well.

If you look in the editor after a show you'll see some guys (even ones you haven't given mic time) will grow in Mic, Charisma, Acting, Athleticism, Toughness, Power, Sex Appeal, Star Quality and Intensity. These are usually the guys who will grow the fastest in skill I've noticed an 8 to 10% jump in some stats in a year in these guys and that's pretty impressive, while guys who don't grow in these skills tend to grow a lot less faster. They change every so the guys who are growing fast for you this time around may not grow fast for you next time around.

I usually put my more over guys I want to improve in preshow matches against low overness guys but that have good skills so it doesnt effect show grades (for example Rocky Golder over JD Morgan) I usually give workers 8 minutes to work with and I get the "x is improving in y skills" not alot so it must be working at least a little bit. thats just a strategy I use.

The answer to the question in the title is really simple.

Use them.

That's all. Outside of working in development, the best way to develop workers of all kinds, is to use them. Workers tend to improve far more when they're used as opposed to sitting on the sideline. This is important because new players often take this kind of advice to heart, without qualifying it. You don't need workers with B or better psychology to improve your other workers. Workers will pick up psychology from road agents in scripted matches (where else would two workers with 8 psychology facing each other learn it?). Plus, the lower a worker's skill in an area, the more (relative) improvement they're likely to get. In the aforementioned case of the two workers with 8 psychology, they were at 27 and 23 after a few months.

You want them to improve entertainment skills? Have them break up a fight (Face Off, But No Contact). You want them to improve in-ring? Have them get squashed by your better workers. Put it in the dark, if you're concerned about how it'll rate out.

Use them. It's really that simple.

The answer to the question in the title is really simple.

Use them.

That's all. Outside of working in development, the best way to develop workers of all kinds, is to use them. Workers tend to improve far more when they're used as opposed to sitting on the sideline. This is important because new players often take this kind of advice to heart, without qualifying it. You don't need workers with B or better psychology to improve your other workers. Workers will pick up psychology from road agents in scripted matches (where else would two workers with 8 psychology facing each other learn it?). Plus, the lower a worker's skill in an area, the more (relative) improvement they're likely to get. In the aforementioned case of the two workers with 8 psychology, they were at 27 and 23 after a few months.

You want them to improve entertainment skills? Have them break up a fight (Face Off, But No Contact). You want them to improve in-ring? Have them get squashed by your better workers. Put it in the dark, if you're concerned about how it'll rate out.

Use them. It's really that simple.

Amen.

I (attempt) to use every single worker on my roster at every show I run - MAW with 4 shows a month. Financially we rack in 55k+ a month running in four different regions.

I never like to see a worker go without use... whether it be pre-show angles and matches or main show time. In the under-card I could really care less if their ratings do poorly because the main event will always dominate.

Amen.

I (attempt) to use every single worker on my roster at every show I run - MAW with 4 shows a month. Financially we rack in 55k+ a month running in four different regions.

I never like to see a worker go without use... whether it be pre-show angles and matches or main show time. In the under-card I could really care less if their ratings do poorly because the main event will always dominate.

Amen to you, too. I thought I was the only one who insisted on doing this.

The thing to remember is that most of these guys will have 20+ year careers, and a great deal of patience is needed.

I, for one, was used to sports games where athletes had 10-15 years careers that arced much quicker, so wrestlers took some getting used to.

My advice is...if you are running a smaller promotion, you may be inclined to pick up a lot of youngsters with growth potential, but in reality, the guys that will build your company in the beginning are the solid, veteran performers who haven't hit the big time for one reason or another. In my experience, most of the talented young rookies will get stolen, but the Nigel Svenssons, Merle O'Curles, and Jared Johnsons of the world have warts that will keep them in your promotion for years, doing solid work.

Amen to you, too. I thought I was the only one who insisted on doing this.

The thing to remember is that most of these guys will have 20+ year careers, and a great deal of patience is needed.

I, for one, was used to sports games where athletes had 10-15 years careers that arced much quicker, so wrestlers took some getting used to.

My advice is...if you are running a smaller promotion, you may be inclined to pick up a lot of youngsters with growth potential, but in reality, the guys that will build your company in the beginning are the solid, veteran performers who haven't hit the big time for one reason or another. In my experience, most of the talented young rookies will get stolen, but the Nigel Svenssons, Merle O'Curles, and Jared Johnsons of the world have warts that will keep them in your promotion for years, doing solid work.

Amen TO YOU! I am also a veteran of sports games (Though i am also a veteran of wrestling games) and when i play with small promotions i instantly try to hire the solid veterans and the non talented washep up "has been" type of workers. These guys allow us to put on high rated segments and some of them (the talented ones) will help to improve the rest of the roster's skills. I knew i wasn't the only person in the world doing this, OBVIOUSLY, but it's good to see someone else talking about it too.

Through some of the greatest luck possible my midcard is currently a pure tag team, development trainer dream card including Enforcer Roberts, Robert Oxford, Joel Bryant, Steve Flash, Edd Monton, Brent Hill, John Anderson, Larry Wood (who I push as a midcard monster then use him to help train up my upper card by beating him) who all have great skills to help train guys.

Put in then people like Axxis Jr and Air Attack Weasel and Ernie Turner who are great sellers down in the Enhancement Talent areas to help give guys easy wins while also training them up.

I have people like Katie Cameron and Adrian Garcia as well working as managers so in 6 minute segments really help people to improve there. Mainstream Hernandez is another who is currently working as a cult leader and helping people to improve in microphone and entertainment segments.

Generally my midcard is there to help increase the chances of my future talents drawing in. Everyone gets on my shows (dark matches, segments, matches) so everyone gets a chance to improve and quite easily with TCW I've become the number 1 promotion in the world.

A little god modding to get people like Edd Monton and Enforcer on board and currently Joe Sexy is running out of contract so hoping to bring him in while hes on OK popularity as my upper midcard trainer feuding with the likes of Edd Stone and Sammy Bach.

The best way to improve entertainment and performance skills is 6 minute angles with at least one person in the angle rated on entertainment.

I got Marat Khoklov to A Charisma this way and Charisma is one of the most important stats.

Gain from development is capped but they still improve via shows and it's the only way to improve power, toughness, and athleticism. Not sure what effect those stats have though :confused: If you focus on specific skills you can get 1 point of improvement per week. It's annoying to check every week though if they are still improving.

Archived