Official UFC Undisputed 2010 Thread

jesterx7769

Submissions are REALLY pissing me off. . . I have absolutely destroyed Rampage's stamina (not to mention ribcage) with kicks and body shots; in round 3, ANY shot to the body or any slam would leave him rocked (pisses me off that if you try a sub while they are rocked, your opponent instantly recovers). Using Machida, I have to takedown and quickly pass into mount, posture up, and lock on the arm triangle. . . I shine like I'm supposed to, the camera stops zooming in after a second. . . five seconds later, without moving, Machida gives up the choke and Rogan says Rampage got out. :mad:

PS3 or 360?

I'm playing it for the PS3, and on Advanced or lower I've been able to get subs pretty easy in round 3 using the methods you described with Machida. What difficulty are you on?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PS3 or 360?

I'm playing it for the PS3, and on Advanced or lower I've been able to get subs pretty easy in round 3 using the methods you described with Machida. What difficulty are you on?

360, and I've tried it on Beginner and Advanced with no luck.

I remember hearing about the new "flash" submissions to go along with the flash knockouts...any luck in pulling one off? I really don't know where to begin, I've tried a bunch of reversals but haven't gotten one yet.

I had my double-leg-against-cage slam reversed into a guillotine which I tapped to instantly but I've never actually done it.

A lot of this is going to be a mystery until we get the real game and can play the tutorial. :(

Regarding submissions, make sure you've got a lot of stamina as well. The submission attempt ends when you gas so if you're both drained it's not going to work. Other than that I don't know what to tell you; I've got a lot of submission wins with Machida's arm triangle after a successful clinch suplex.

I really enjoy the head kick one too, just punching them right in the mouth makes it worth it :p

Against Rampage, that could be your last mistake!

I seem to have more success with submissions coming off takedowns, especially after a suplex. Maybe the energy drain from taking a slam is greater this year?

Most looking forward to Event Mode...so tired of having to set up individual matches every time.

I agree. It will be fun to set up numerous fights and just pass the controller around with friends much like how tournament mode in the demo is neat for that. Not that the load times are super long but the more time you can play a game and less time waiting on loading the better.

What's your favorite knockout or finish you've pulled off in the demo ?

Just earlier today I went to the second round with Machida, and got rocked by a head kick and stumbled backwards. I was using Rua for the match, so As I backed away, he threw an overhand right and ran head first into my Left Head Kick Check. While not a real kick, it caught Machida on the button, and he went down hard.

This is what makes this game so great.

Just earlier today I went to the second round with Machida, and got rocked by a head kick and stumbled backwards. I was using Rua for the match, so As I backed away, he threw an overhand right and ran head first into my Left Head Kick Check. While not a real kick, it caught Machida on the button, and he went down hard.

Playing against a brother, Rampage Jackson uppercut'd Rashad Evans to sleep.

I had the reverse match-up...Shogun came in at me with a head kick that whiffed and left him spinning around. Just as he came back around I hit him with a kick of my own, right under the ear. It was one of those "You just got KTFO!" moments.

EDIT: IGN (and probably other sites as well) has a preview of the career mode up, posted on May 4th. Some very interesting stuff in there: UFC Preview at IGN

if anyones wondering u can press the start button during a match and theres a option screen that pops up. theres a move list on there u can select that gives u a list of all the moves (im guessing its all the moves). its pretty helpfull but a lil hard to understand all of it imo.

• 2 weeks later...
Got to play some of it last night. Only tried event mode. Pretty sweet. You can set up to 8 fights, it has a PPV style intro, with voice overs of the participants in the ME & Co-ME. If the fights all go pretty quick (I guess), you get the match that's done after the ME on PPVs. You see Dana White in the octagon putting the belt on the winner of the title matches. And as a nice touch, you can see who won the Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, etc.

Got to play some of it last night. Only tried event mode. Pretty sweet. You can set up to 8 fights, it has a PPV style intro, with voice overs of the participants in the ME & Co-ME. If the fights all go pretty quick (I guess), you get the match that's done after the ME on PPVs. You see Dana White in the octagon putting the belt on the winner of the title matches. And as a nice touch, you can see who won the Fight of the Night, Submission of the Night, etc.

Sounds pretty awesome. Pumped for the release.

Archived