Favourite crazy bump?

denzil85

After reading through the TEW 2010 thread about the impact a crazy bump may or may not have on popularity, I was wondering what your personal favourite crazy bump has been? This can be within TEW or in the real world.

Playing through the CV 97 mod for TEW, Cousin Ezra of RPW is willing to crazy bump even in dark matches - thats just nuts!

I cant' believe he openly admitted that. It's almost like he never wanted to be hired by anyone ever again. His 'safety' rating in TEW should be a 10. :)

The Mass Transit incident is what should drop his rating to a 10. That had moments that made me cringe.

As for my favorite crazy bump? I dunno ... I think Foley off the cell is one to consider.

But if I was to pick a favorite, and I only consider this crazy because it involves a lot of trust with a lot of people you don't know ... it'd be Bam Bam throwing Spike 3 rows deep to surf him back to the ring. Think it was the wind-up, where Bigelow would run towards each side of the ring, and balk poor Spike, while the crowd clammored over each other to catch him. lol

The Mass Transit incident is what should drop his rating to a 10. That had moments that made me cringe.

As for my favorite crazy bump? I dunno ... I think Foley off the cell is one to consider.

But if I was to pick a favorite, and I only consider this crazy because it involves a lot of trust with a lot of people you don't know ... it'd be Bam Bam throwing Spike 3 rows deep to surf him back to the ring. Think it was the wind-up, where Bigelow would run towards each side of the ring, and balk poor Spike, while the crowd clammored over each other to catch him. lol

He admitted that he wanted to "throw his ass off and land on the ring post". That's his words exactly in the Forever Hardcore documentary. Crazy ****. I'd never even want to meet the guy.

I have to go with a Foley bump as well. His match with HHH at No Way Out 2000 is memorable to me. Falling through the cell and the ring. Though I look back and think that bump was probably 'easier' to take with some padding that broke his fall.

I just remember dropping my jaw and thinking, "HHH, you SOB!" I was also 11 years old at the time and didn't know anything useful. :rolleyes:

Shane off the big screen.

So crazy.

I have to second this. Same with Steve Blackman doing something similar. Both made me think "holy crap, he's dead..."

In TEW terms...

Kerry Wayne leaping off the top of the ladder (in the ring) all the way out of the ring to catch Manhunter with his Flying Bulldog finisher! R-A-DUB! R-A-DUB!!!

I must admit that I'm only a wrestling fan on and off (and even then only really WWF/) and so I was aware of the Mick Foley bumps mentioned, but the others I didn't know about.

Luckily I was able to find them all on youtube - god bless the internet!

New Jack is...complex to say the least.

The whole thing with Vic Grimes has alot of levels.

The fact he did try to seriously hurt Grimes, possibly even kill him by throwing him off a 40 foot scaffold in XPW. It was wrong, and it crazy and it was sick. And of course I disagree with it.

But I understand why jack did it.

The reason Jack attempted to kill Grimes was because back in ECW they had a scaffold match as part of Jack versus Da Baldies, where the finish was to be Jack throwing Grimes down about 20 feet or something (slightly higher than a WWE ladder spot these days). However, when it came time for the finish Grimes was scared as sh*t, and even though the two were way up on a scaffold with the crowd ready for a massive bump Grimes started trying to get out of the bump. While, Jack that it was a little late for that, and considering he'd made it through a LOT of similar bumps, he thought Grimse just need to get the damn thing done.

Jack: Vic, it's too late, you're got to do this. I'm gonna count down from 3.

3!

Vic: No Jack, I can't!

Jack: 2!

Vic: Please Jack!

Jack: 1!

Vic: AAAGGGGHHH!!

Jack then went to toss Grimes off for the bump...

...and Grimes held onto Jack.

Both men fell (not jumped) fell off the scaffold. They managed to hit the table...and the Goddamn concrete under it.

And when I say they, I mean New Jack. Somehow as they fell downwards New Jack ended up under 300 pounds of Vic Grimes.

So New Jack fell (not jumped, not bump, not planned to) 20ft, through a table and then smacked right off the concrete.

Grimes was ok. Jack? Unconscious. Rushed to Hospital.

When Jack came out of Hospital? Blind in his right eye, chronic migraines, major insomnia. This all lasted for years.

First thing Jack did out of Hospital and punched Vic, and I qoute, "Right in his f*cking eye". Jack had also heard rumours that Vic had gone around the ECW locker-room boasting he'd hurt Jack on purpose other some other incident.

Jack was pissed. But he waited for his revenge...

Again, I don't agree with New Jack's actions...but I understand why he did it. And it does have to be noted that he has seriously mellowed out in recent years.

I think it's probably because he's doing less cocaine now that's not wrestling. Jack openly admits that in order for him to do all these crazy stunts for the fans, he took cocaine to remove his fears. You could chastise him for drug use, but then you'd have to come down on at least 3/4 of the ECW locker room, alot of the WCW locker-room and hell even a significant number in the WWF locker-room back in the day.

Yeah, I knew that in-depth story of Vic Grimes and New Jack as well. The Forever Hardcore documentary shows that he still hasn't recovered with his eye. He was saying they get bloodshot at random, constant headaches, and other crap as well. I definitely understand him being pissed off that the bump went wrong and that Grimes put Jack in a position to get hurt himself.

A part of me thinks Jack should have done jail time for that. Openly admitting that you threw someone off the scaffold and you threw him further than you were supposed to because you wanted him to get impaled on the ring post. Attempted murderer. :eek:

New Jack is...complex to say the least.

The whole thing with Vic Grimes has alot of levels.

The fact he did try to seriously hurt Grimes, possibly even kill him by throwing him off a 40 foot scaffold in XPW. It was wrong, and it crazy and it was sick. And of course I disagree with it.

But I understand why jack did it.

The reason Jack attempted to kill Grimes was because back in ECW they had a scaffold match as part of Jack versus Da Baldies, where the finish was to be Jack throwing Grimes down about 20 feet or something (slightly higher than a WWE ladder spot these days). However, when it came time for the finish Grimes was scared as sh*t, and even though the two were way up on a scaffold with the crowd ready for a massive bump Grimes started trying to get out of the bump. While, Jack that it was a little late for that, and considering he'd made it through a LOT of similar bumps, he thought Grimse just need to get the damn thing done.

Jack: Vic, it's too late, you're got to do this. I'm gonna count down from 3.

3!

Vic: No Jack, I can't!

Jack: 2!

Vic: Please Jack!

Jack: 1!

Vic: AAAGGGGHHH!!

Jack then went to toss Grimes off for the bump...

...and Grimes held onto Jack.

Both men fell (not jumped) fell off the scaffold. They managed to hit the table...and the Goddamn concrete under it.

And when I say they, I mean New Jack. Somehow as they fell downwards New Jack ended up under 300 pounds of Vic Grimes.

So New Jack fell (not jumped, not bump, not planned to) 20ft, through a table and then smacked right off the concrete.

Grimes was ok. Jack? Unconscious. Rushed to Hospital.

When Jack came out of Hospital? Blind in his right eye, chronic migraines, major insomnia. This all lasted for years.

First thing Jack did out of Hospital and punched Vic, and I qoute, "Right in his f*cking eye". Jack had also heard rumours that Vic had gone around the ECW locker-room boasting he'd hurt Jack on purpose other some other incident.

Jack was pissed. But he waited for his revenge...

Again, I don't agree with New Jack's actions...but I understand why he did it. And it does have to be noted that he has seriously mellowed out in recent years.

I think it's probably because he's doing less cocaine now that's not wrestling. Jack openly admits that in order for him to do all these crazy stunts for the fans, he took cocaine to remove his fears. You could chastise him for drug use, but then you'd have to come down on at least 3/4 of the ECW locker room, alot of the WCW locker-room and hell even a significant number in the WWF locker-room back in the day.

I just watched their ECW fall...I won't pretend to know the backstory or what the plan was, but New Jack's plunge downward was CLEARLY willing. He grabbed Vic Grimes by the collar, looked down behind him, and stepped off the balcony - taking Grimes with him. Neither landed well. New Jack landed feet first right on the table, went sideways and landed directly on the concrete - and then Vic Grimes fell on top of him. Wikipedia says New Jack has taken the blame for this incident.

As for the XPW stunt...wow. There just seems something inherently wrong with the fact that the same word (wrestling) is used to describe that and what Bret Hart used to do.

Archived