Official TV Show Discussion Thread

GatorBait19

They added Freaks and Geeks to Netflix. Which, I've seen it all the way through multiple times and it's one of my favorite shows of all time.

I feel like every time I watch it I find a new thing to love and appreciate about it.

This watch through I realized how much like a real family the Weirs seem like. The dad and mom play their parts perfectly.

Also, I wish James Franco and Jason Segel were in everything.

So...summer's over, new seasons of our Tv series are back (and some new series, as usual, some close to the axe already - yes Mob Doctor, i mean you!) and we can enjoy some new episodes. I love the fall! So, who watched Dexter's seventh season premiere? That was awesome! Also, i've got Hart of Dixie's complete first season in my PC, ready to be watched. I have no idea if the show is good or not, but i love Rachel Bilson (Oh, The O.C., those were the days! Loved that show, and the whole summer-seth love story) so i decided to get the full season. Can anybody tell me if Heart of Dixie is worth watching? I'll watch it anyways, because of Bilson, but some opinions can't hurt.

So...summer's over, new seasons of our Tv series are back (and some new series, as usual, some close to the axe already - yes Mob Doctor, i mean you!) and we can enjoy some new episodes. I love the fall! So, who watched Dexter's seventh season premiere? That was awesome! Also, i've got Hart of Dixie's complete first season in my PC, ready to be watched. I have no idea if the show is good or not, but i love Rachel Bilson (Oh, The O.C., those were the days! Loved that show, and the whole summer-seth love story) so i decided to get the full season. Can anybody tell me if Heart of Dixie is worth watching? I'll watch it anyways, because of Bilson, but some opinions can't hurt.

I am not sure how some of these shows even make it to the air. I mean who thought that the Mob Doctor would be a good concept for a television show?

I also hate the fact that I no longer have Showtime, because that means I have to miss Dexter. However, if it is between HBO and Showtime I will always choose HBO because I feel they have the stronger shows on HBO.

I have watched shows in the past just because there was a hot chick on there (Revenge) but I have never watched Hart of Dixie. I have heard it is pretty bad and from the commercials it looks pretty bad (I see commercials for it every week because I watch the Vampire Diaries, hey don't judge there are a lot of good looking women on that show and it actually is not that bad. Oh how I love Candice Accola...).

I don't know, I mean yes Rachel Bilson is uber-hot but I am just not sure that alone is enough to get me to watch it. I guess you can tell us what you thought of it after you watch it. I will just have to take your word on it.:p

I love how some of these shows are marketed. When American Horror Story came out last year they kept on pushing it as being from the creator of Nip/Tuck. Which I understood because Nip/Tuck was a hit on FX, but what I found funny was there was hardly any mention that the creator of American Horror Story had also created Glee.

This year Ryan Murphy (who created all of the shows I just talked about) headed yet another new show called the New Normal. When they were promoting that show there was no mention of, from the creator of Nip/Tuck and American Horror Story (At least none that I saw.). They just said it was from the creator of Glee.

Now I get it, they are marketing those shows to different audiences. It is the right thing to do because I have never watched an episode of Glee nor will I ever because it just is not my thing. I will never watch an episode of the New Normal mostly because I tend to stay away from network sitcoms because I do not find them funny. I will take Curb Your Enthusiasm or Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia over Two and Half Men or Two Broke Girls any day of the week.

I will however, watch American Horror Story religiously because it is a great show and it is odd to see a show which deals with those kinds of elements on television. So I get the whole thought process of, “Well people who liked Nip/Tuck might not like Glee so we better stay away from saying this if from the creator of Glee.” That does not mean I do not find it funny and I am sure there is probably a crossover audience from Glee to American Horror Story so why not exploit that as well in their advertisements.

I am not sure how some of these shows even make it to the air. I mean who thought that the Mob Doctor would be a good concept for a television show?

I also hate the fact that I no longer have Showtime, because that means I have to miss Dexter. However, if it is between HBO and Showtime I will always choose HBO because I feel they have the stronger shows on HBO.

I have watched shows in the past just because there was a hot chick on there (Revenge) but I have never watched Hart of Dixie. I have heard it is pretty bad and from the commercials it looks pretty bad (I see commercials for it every week because I watch the Vampire Diaries, hey don't judge there are a lot of good looking women on that show and it actually is not that bad. Oh how I love Candice Accola...).

I don't know, I mean yes Rachel Bilson is uber-hot but I am just not sure that alone is enough to get me to watch it. I guess you can tell us what you thought of it after you watch it. I will just have to take your word on it.:p

I love how some of these shows are marketed. When American Horror Story came out last year they kept on pushing it as being from the creator of Nip/Tuck. Which I understood because Nip/Tuck was a hit on FX, but what I found funny was there was hardly any mention that the creator of American Horror Story had also created Glee.

This year Ryan Murphy (who created all of the shows I just talked about) headed yet another new show called the New Normal. When they were promoting that show there was no mention of, from the creator of Nip/Tuck and American Horror Story (At least none that I saw.). They just said it was from the creator of Glee.

Now I get it, they are marketing those shows to different audiences. It is the right thing to do because I have never watched an episode of Glee nor will I ever because it just is not my thing. I will never watch an episode of the New Normal mostly because I tend to stay away from network sitcoms because I do not find them funny. I will take Curb Your Enthusiasm or Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia over Two and Half Men or Two Broke Girls any day of the week.

I will however, watch American Horror Story religiously because it is a great show and it is odd to see a show which deals with those kinds of elements on television. So I get the whole thought process of, “Well people who liked Nip/Tuck might not like Glee so we better stay away from saying this if from the creator of Glee.” That does not mean I do not find it funny and I am sure there is probably a crossover audience from Glee to American Horror Story so why not exploit that as well in their advertisements.

Well she is hot, but i already liked her, that's why i'm watching. I have no idea if it's bad or not, though I assume it probably is, mostly because I don't really like the concept, but as I like her, I'll give it a try and let you know if it is good or not.

As for American Horror Story, i was actually liking that show (and i don't like horror), that was until the hole "she's carrying Satan's Spawn storyline. That really was enough for me. But i don't like horror. I dispize Glee. As John Malkovich would way, "to me, it's between a cockroach and that white shit on the corner of your mouth when your thirsty." But hey, that's me. Curb your enthusiasm and sunny in philadelphia are very cool.

As for Dexter, you really are missing out. They got it back on track this season, and the premiere was amazing. Great performances from Hall and Carpenter. Those 2 always deliver, but they did very well on this episode. The final scene of the episode, where Dex admits to Deb that he is a serial killer was pretty good stuff, and the episode itself was very intense and fast paced. In a very good way.

Edit: Revenge? Wasn't that the one where the blonde girl (rebecca? Can't remember her real name) from brother and sisters was? I never watched it, but she's pretty hot. Have no idea if it's good or not, but if the girls in there are as hot as that one, I wouldn't mind giving it a try. :D

Just think: one week from this very moment, The Walking Dead will be back, live and in color on my TV!!!!

w000000000000000000000000t dawgies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fringe is back too, in all its Sci-Fi coolness. I'm a little behind on Sons Of Anarchy, guess I'll have to play a little game of catch-up On Demand.

Also, I've also been watching a bit of Charles In Charge (the first season) over on The Hulu. I only mention that because it accidentally led me to the trailer for a new film called '42' about Jackie Robinson's break-through with the Brooklyn Dodgers. That movie has me all kinds of interested.

Of course, I always do like baseball movies, so........

Moving right along...

:o:cool::o

Just think: one week from this very moment, The Walking Dead will be back, live and in color on my TV!!!!

w000000000000000000000000t dawgies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fringe is back too, in all its Sci-Fi coolness. I'm a little behind on Sons Of Anarchy, guess I'll have to play a little game of catch-up On Demand.

Also, I've also been watching a bit of Charles In Charge (the first season) over on The Hulu. I only mention that because it accidentally led me to the trailer for a new film called '42' about Jackie Robinson's break-through with the Brooklyn Dodgers. That movie has me all kinds of interested.

Of course, I always do like baseball movies, so........

Moving right along...

:o:cool::o

Fringe an The Walking Dead are two of the series i most long to see this year. In a completely different note, NCIS is back in it's full glory. Love that show. It's surely not the first spin-off to last as much as an original show, or to eventually last longer, but it probably is the first one to do so while the original show (JAG) ran for 10 years. Don't remember any 10 year series producing longer or equal spin-offs, but if they do exist, then they are very few.

Fringe an The Walking Dead are two of the series i most long to see this year. In a completely different note, NCIS is back in it's full glory. Love that show. It's surely not the first spin-off to last as much as an original show, or to eventually last longer, but it probably is the first one to do so while the original show (JAG) ran for 10 years. Don't remember any 10 year series producing longer or equal spin-offs, but if they do exist, then they are very few.

The only one that I can think of is both Cheers and Frasier lasted 11 seasons each. That is 22 season of the character Fraiser Crane.

The only one that I can think of is both Cheers and Frasier lasted 11 seasons each. That is 22 season of the character Fraiser Crane.

All in the Family was on for nine years, thirteen years if you count Archie Bunker's Place which was basically the same show. Anyway, one of All in the Family's spin-offs the Jeffersons lasted eleven years.

The Real World has been on for twenty years and RW/RR Challenge, which I would consider a spin-off, has been on for fourteen years.

There might be more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

3 seasons of Star Trek, 7 seasons of Star Trek: TNG, 7 of DS9, 7 of Voyager and 4 of Enterprise? That's 28 seasons, spanning twenty one years (18 of them continuous).

10 seasons of Friends, followed by... oh, wait. ¬_¬

Nineteen years of WWE: Raw, and thirteen years of WWE: Smackdown. ¬_¬ ¬_¬

The Simpsons is, technically, a spin-off too.

3 seasons of Star Trek, 7 seasons of Star Trek: TNG, 7 of DS9, 7 of Voyager and 4 of Enterprise? That's 28 seasons, spanning twenty one years (18 of them continuous).

10 seasons of Friends, followed by... oh, wait. ¬_¬

Nineteen years of WWE: Raw, and thirteen years of WWE: Smackdown. ¬_¬ ¬_¬

The Simpsons is, technically, a spin-off too.

I forgot that the Simpsons was a spin-off of Tracy Ullman.

I guess if you could lump Dr. Who in there although none of its spin-offs have lasted a great period of time. You had the show about Sarah Jane and Tourchwood as well.

Andy Griffith's Show was a spin-off of Make Room for Daddy both had long runs.

I forgot one of the biggest ones of them all the Law and Order Shows. The original L & O was on for what at least twenty years. SVU has been on for over ten years now.

Just watched Arrow(thank you Hulu Plus!).

Good god I love it. I'm a fan of Ollie in general, so I was excited to give the show a shot. Now I can't wait until the next episode.

Also thanks to Hulu Plus, I'm watching Revolution. I'm on the first episode of that and I'm finding it highly enjoyable.

Just watched Arrow(thank you Hulu Plus!).

Good god I love it. I'm a fan of Ollie in general, so I was excited to give the show a shot. Now I can't wait until the next episode.

Also thanks to Hulu Plus, I'm watching Revolution. I'm on the first episode of that and I'm finding it highly enjoyable.

Arrow was fantastic! It exceeded my expectations. I'll keep it spoiler free for those who wanna catch up, but it's obvious they took some... key elements... from Smallville. But get past that it was actually a pretty badass story. and the fight scenes are awesome. We're talking running bulldogs, flying DDTs, and hurricanranas.

Arrow was fantastic! It exceeded my expectations. I'll keep it spoiler free for those who wanna catch up, but it's obvious they took some... key elements... from Smallville. But get past that it was actually a pretty badass story. and the fight scenes are awesome. We're talking running bulldogs, flying DDTs, and hurricanranas.

Apparently it's the highest rated show on the CW in 3 years.

I really loved it.

I'm also getting caught up on Raising Hope. I'm on episode 15 of season 2.

I liked Arrow as well, the only problem is it is on against Survivor so I end up having to record one of them. I am also glad it was paired up with Supernatural because I think those two shows fit well together.

Anybody catch Beauty and the Beast? I head it was complete and utter dog crap but Kristen Kreuk is just so damn hot...nah I can't bring myself to watch it.:p

I just watched a two minute clip of that Honey Boo Boo garbage...I know some people get into reality television and that's their own business, but how in the blue hell do over two million people tune into that show?

This part isn't meant in a derogatory fashion, but is there something mentally wrong with that kid or is she just a spoiled little brat who thinks her poo doesn't stink? Or both?

Something just seems...off about her.

I just watched a two minute clip of that Honey Boo Boo garbage...I know some people get into reality television and that's their own business, but how in the blue hell do over two million people tune into that show?

This part isn't meant in a derogatory fashion, but is there something mentally wrong with that kid or is she just a spoiled little brat who thinks her poo doesn't stink? Or both?

Something just seems...off about her.

As someone who loves the Real World (early reality TV) I never understood the whole pageant thing and think all involved should be arrested and locked up for the good of humanity.