Dog Pound Sign up Thread

The exact same thing I was getting at. I could imagine holding the mic up to his mouth after I say a rap trying to get him to close it out, yet he just stands there , arms folded, saying nothing... Pure platinum

Oh yeah, that's going to be the reason people watch the Dog Pound. :D

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving all the ideas guys keep them coming. I love the Rapper Monster idea i had the same image of you rapping and him never finishing for you... pricesless.

I just got home fro work, so I'm going to add the last two or three people into the data base then run a test with the product to see how it works. At the same time I will comb back over the thread making sure I don't miss anytihng or anyone.

Ranson, Jackal and Poseidon both are already involved in a tag team so I would recomend seeing if Benny would like your services?

How does everyone feel about our first show being called Genisis (original I know.) Also do you guys want to have a battle royal to determine the champion, a tournament, or something differant?

Guest KingOfKings
Loving all the ideas guys keep them coming. I love the Rapper Monster idea i had the same image of you rapping and him never finishing for you... pricesless.

I just got home fro work, so I'm going to add the last two or three people into the data base then run a test with the product to see how it works. At the same time I will comb back over the thread making sure I don't miss anytihng or anyone.

Ranson, Jackal and Poseidon both are already involved in a tag team so I would recomend seeing if Benny would like your services?

How does everyone feel about our first show being called Genisis (original I know.) Also do you guys want to have a battle royal to determine the champion, a tournament, or something differant?

Champion should be determind by a tournament in my opinion..Best way to show who's the best. Anyone can get lucky in a battle royal

Guest KingOfKings
Oh yeah, that's going to be the reason people watch the Dog Pound. :D

Kind words indeed. First ever Dog Pound tag team champions FTW!

Champion should be determind by a tournament in my opinion..Best way to show who's the best. Anyone can get lucky in a battle royal

Honestly, I find Tournaments a bit decisive for the first chapter of a story. The best fighter wins, and... then what? You've got 15 people who couldn't beat him. Where do you go from there? Plus, as you say, a tournament should be won by the best, but it's going to take a while before folks settle into their characters. We're not going who 'the best' is for a few shows. So unless it's a lengthly tournament, I'd go battle royal. That's me though. Plenty of shenanigans. Indecisive to kick start feuds. Everyone gets a chance to cut a "I'm gonna win the belt" promo.

Honestly, I find Tournaments a bit decisive for the first chapter of a story. The best fighter wins, and... then what? You've got 15 people who couldn't beat him. Where do you go from there? Plus, as you say, a tournament should be won by the best, but it's going to take a while before folks settle into their characters. We're not going who 'the best' is for a few shows. So unless it's a lengthly tournament, I'd go battle royal. That's me though. Plenty of shenanigans. Indecisive to kick start feuds. Everyone gets a chance to cut a "I'm gonna win the belt" promo.

This. A tournament wouldn't really work since, as Self said, we won't know who should win until a few shows down the line.

Guest KingOfKings
You both speak the truth, but what happens if someone wins the battle royal who isn't exactly a worthy champion? Just out of pure luck? Could make for some good storylines though

You both speak the truth, but what happens if someone wins the battle royal who isn't exactly a worthy champion? Just out of pure luck? Could make for some good storylines though

This is a legitimate concern, but with a battle royal it's more plausible for the "champ" to immediately lose his belt and be passed off as a fluke than it is for a tournament winner.

Guest KingOfKings
This is a legitimate concern, but with a battle royal it's more plausible for the "champ" to immediately lose his belt and be passed off as a fluke than it is for a tournament winner.

Argument won by, Stryfe

Guest KingOfKings
How bout I as the owner keep all belts for myself and nly defend them once a month :p

You're trying to turn someone into Stone Cold aren't you...

How bout I as the owner keep all belts for myself and nly defend them once a month :p

Then, we will have to mutiny. And a question I'm sure everyone else wants to know the answer to: When you get the roster completed in the database, are you going to let us see what it looks like?

And I finally decided on a picture. Use Remmy Skye.

Battle Royal would be better for the reasons mentioned.

But a tournament somewhen in the future would be a neet idea. How about a No.1 Contedership Tournament once a year? Kinda like King of the Ring with a Royal Rumble prize?

Battle Royal would be better for the reasons mentioned.

But a tournament somewhen in the future would be a neet idea. How about a No.1 Contedership Tournament once a year? Kinda like King of the Ring with a Royal Rumble prize?

I like this idea.

And how about a Dog Pile match that is an annual event, that basically amounts to a Royal Rumble, but without the pretty title shot. But maybe the winner gets a guaranteed spot into the tournament instead?

Alright guys couple things

1) We still need a tag team belt.

2) i just ran a quick show and it was... rough... I made us a regional promotion due to the size of our roster (and we are still over recomended by like 4) and I think the overness gap is what got us the lower grades. Our promotion overness was a D- and we were putting on like E segments. So my game plan is to bump our main event up to the D range then stagger down accordingly. Should I also adjust the workers stats, or do you think the overness will be enough?

Guest KingOfKings
Alright guys couple things

1) We still need a tag team belt.

2) i just ran a quick show and it was... rough... I made us a regional promotion due to the size of our roster (and we are still over recomended by like 4) and I think the overness gap is what got us the lower grades. Our promotion overness was a D- and we were putting on like E segments. So my game plan is to bump our main event up to the D range then stagger down accordingly. Should I also adjust the workers stats, or do you think the overness will be enough?

Overness should be enough. But if it's Sports Entertainment based good mic skills and acting and things of that nature will play into it also.

And as promised here is a rough draft of the roster with the exception of Black Spider, Tyson Oliver, and Ace Kerghan the bastards insisted on a Mid Card title run and dropped out of

Negotiations with me. :eek:

Main Event:

Jay Moar - Heel

Karl-Heinz Schneider - Heel

Rob Williams - Face

Derek B - Face

Ioan Glyndwr - Face

Upper Midcard:

Diabloman Christian Alicea - Heel

God Nightshade - Heel

The Psychoholic - Heel

Christian Star - Heel

Benny D - Face

Midcard:

Junior "The Flying Tiger" Dewrell - Face

"The Weather Man" Brent Carruthers - Heel

Poseidon - Heel

Anubis - Heel

CJ Alex - Heel

The Carnifex - Heel

The Fearsome Bunsen - Face

Lower Midcard:

Sean - Heel

The Steel City Destroyer - Heel

Juce the Ninja - Heel

Revenant One - Heel

Opener:

The Jackal - Heel

The Juice - Heel

Enhancement:

Stryfe - Face

Manager:

Colonel Jack Macgee - Heel

Thoughts?

Guest KingOfKings
Opener? BOOOOO.... Not too worry, my witty rap rhymes will see my rise through the ranks of TDP faster than Brock Lesnar

Opener? BOOOOO.... Not too worry, my witty rap rhymes will see my rise through the ranks of TDP faster than Brock Lesnar

Don't get to wrapped up in push the difference between mainevent and opener is like 15 points give or take

Guest KingOfKings
Don't get to wrapped up in push the difference between mainevent and opener is like 15 points give or take

Once the fans start to see that The Jackal and I are the hottest act since Kid N Play there is no doubt you'll have to create a new push for us above Main Event.

In all seriousness though this looks great and I can't wait for it to start

MAIN EVENT:eek:! I am truly shocked, glad, but shocked :D. Seriously now, I cant wait for this to begin. Minor thing though. Every other weekend I won't be on much so can we try to get things done before then. This week I'm good, next week I'm not.

Archived