"The League"--A Multiplayer Wrestling Spirit II Experience

I didn't even realize that this started. How did I miss this thread? I have been checking only the sign up one like a fool. Also damn being at work for the next 4 and half hours so I can’t look at the page for my character as my work filter blocks it. L

That sucks.

10. Diamond: 15 -> 13.022

Ok SF how is it possible I lose rating when I won my match? I mean c'mon :( Just kidding. :)

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That sucks.

10. Diamond: 15 -> 13.022

Ok SF how is it possible I lose rating when I won my match? I mean c'mon :( Just kidding. :)

Actually, you bring up a good point, and it's not anything I've touched on so far. This may look confusing, so I apologize in advance. The formula I'm using for adjusting popularity is:

((Wrestler's Percentage of offense in match + match rating) x time factor) + win bonus or loss penalty = adjustment to popularity in area.

Naturally, the higher the in-game rating, the higher the "match rating" factor is. It varies from -5 (F) to +2 (A*), with the bias on negativity because in the single-player mode, popularity is vital to your success and I wanted to re-create that here.

Time factor is directly based on how long the match is. The longer the match, the more if affects the adjustment. (Example: While people absolutely hate the whole "Fingerpoke of Doom" angle, imagine if that was the finish after a 20-minute match that was nothing but rest holds. You'd be rather ticked that you spent all of that time watching what amounts to be the worst match ever. On the flip side, good matches that end early have their adjustment cut short because...well, five more minutes of a good thing likely would be awesome.) This is calculated as a factor of 1 per ten minutes of match time. Thus, 15 minutes is 1.5, 5 is 0.5, etc. The seconds also factor into this, but that's going too far for an example.

Win bonus / loss penalty is a simple enough concept. Clean wins net you a higher bonus and less of a penalty because it was a fair loss. A countout/DQ win, in this scenario, doesn't look as good and thus the win bonus is halved, while the loss penalty is doubled. A draw nets both participants the equivalent of a tainted win, in order to show respect for how even the match was (even if it's a double countout).

Now, since MLT was the one who brought this up, I'm using her as an example. We'll take her win last show and break it down into the formula.

((Wrestler's Percentage of offense in match + match rating) x time factor) + win bonus or loss penalty = adjustment to popularity in area.

CLEAN WIN, 9:00, F RATING, WINNER HAD 58% OF OFFENSE

Subbing that into the above, you get:

((Wrestler's Percentage of offense in match (.58) + match rating (-5) ) x time factor (0.9)) + win bonus (2) = adjustment to popularity in area.

-5 (match rating) + .58 (offense) = -4.42

-4.42 x 0.9 (time factor) = -3.978

-3.978 + 2 (win bonus) = -1.978

15 - 1.978 = 13.022

And that's how popularity is figured out after each show. Thankfully, I put all of this in an Excel spreadsheet so I don't have to show my work all the bloody time. :cool:

Actually, you bring up a good point, and it's not anything I've touched on so far. This may look confusing, so I apologize in advance. The formula I'm using for adjusting popularity is:

Naturally, the higher the in-game rating, the higher the "match rating" factor is. It varies from -5 (F) to +2 (A*), with the bias on negativity because in the single-player mode, popularity is vital to your success and I wanted to re-create that here.

Time factor is directly based on how long the match is. The longer the match, the more if affects the adjustment. (Example: While people absolutely hate the whole "Fingerpoke of Doom" angle, imagine if that was the finish after a 20-minute match that was nothing but rest holds. You'd be rather ticked that you spent all of that time watching what amounts to be the worst match ever. On the flip side, good matches that end early have their adjustment cut short because...well, five more minutes of a good thing likely would be awesome.) This is calculated as a factor of 1 per ten minutes of match time. Thus, 15 minutes is 1.5, 5 is 0.5, etc. The seconds also factor into this, but that's going too far for an example.

Win bonus / loss penalty is a simple enough concept. Clean wins net you a higher bonus and less of a penalty because it was a fair loss. A countout/DQ win, in this scenario, doesn't look as good and thus the win bonus is halved, while the loss penalty is doubled. A draw nets both participants the equivalent of a tainted win, in order to show respect for how even the match was (even if it's a double countout).

Now, since MLT was the one who brought this up, I'm using her as an example. We'll take her win last show and break it down into the formula.

And that's how popularity is figured out after each show. Thankfully, I put all of this in an Excel spreadsheet so I don't have to show my work all the bloody time. :cool:

Ok my head hurts from trying to figure that out. Can't i just give'em a money shot and gain popularity that way? :D

Woo! MOTN + Popularity increase despite a close loss :D

Robbie Maynard (2-0, 15%) vs. Diamond (1-1, 15%)

The British Warrior (1-1, 15%) vs. Nuclear Templeton (2-0, 15%)

SGRaaize (0-2, 15%) vs. Sean (1-1, 15%)

Breaker (1-1, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (0-2, 15%)

The Phoenix (1-1, 15%) vs. Maxx Skabb (2-0, 15%)

HARDCORE--Tarik Nolan (1-1, 15%) vs. Shawn Arrows (1-1, 15%)

*clears throat*

:eek: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarmageddooooooooon Laaaaariaaaaaatooooooh!!!!!! :eek:

*clears throat*

The Phoenix (1-1, 15%) vs. Maxx Skabb (1-1, 15%)

So far I'm batting a perfect .500 in how to randomly guess results... and given that I'd never pick against myself some people might say I'm actually hitting a .400 but those people are mean and will shortly be decapitated by a great big lariat to the face... or smiley of your choice. :p

"Nuclear Templeton - Wrecking your dental records since 2010"

Now Dora is going to bed. :D

From 15% to 11,5%, that's hardcore :(

Anyways, I know its stupid to have a Lariat as a Finisher, when I'm a Submission wrestler, but to be frank, I don't care

With the LARIAAAAAAAAAAATTOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~ by my side, I'm sure to win someday

From 15% to 11,5%, that's hardcore :(

Anyways, I know its stupid to have a Lariat as a Finisher, when I'm a Submission wrestler, but to be frank, I don't care

With the LARIAAAAAAAAAAATTOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~ by my side, I'm sure to win someday

People will tap out due to the sheer impact of the LARIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~~~~.

So who has two thumbs, and can't add worth a darn? *Points thumbs inward* This guy! :p

OOC Note: I'm doing this with a slight change of pace this week. In order to give the players a bit of insight as to what moves they have in their arsenal, I'm going to post the play-by-play notes copied right out of WS2 this week. This way if any of you want to change something up or ask more about your specific moveset, you'll have an idea of where to come from. I'll still throw in commentary and such as I see fit to, though. If you guys would rather keep it this way in weeks to come, instead of me trying to turn it into a narration like I've done the last two weeks, then let me know and I'll do it that way for the remainder of the season. –SF

Season One, Week Three:

June 18, 2010

THE LEAGUE: WEEK THREE <object width="28" height="25"><embed src="

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyxBiUbCP8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></object>

The lights shine down on the ring in the center of the Nishikyogoku Athletic Stadium in Kyoto. The paid attendance of some 37,000 start cheering, knowing that the show is about to start as the camera pans down to ringside and the two-man commentary crew.

Bob Sinclair: Good evening, and welcome to Kyoto, Japan for the third week of League action!

Frankie Garnett: Bob, spare us the long-winded diatribe and get to the matter at hand, would you?

Bob Sinclair: Why are you in such a rush?

Frankie Garnett: Simple! The sooner we're done, the sooner I can get back to North America and eat something besides rice and raw fish!

Bob Sinclair: ...it's always about you, isn't it?

Frankie Garnett: What's wrong with that?

Robbie Maynard (2-0) vs. Diamond (1-1)

Amelia Williams: Our opening contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, coming down the aisle...from Liverpool, England, weighing 251 pounds...Robbie Maynard!

Bob Sinclair: Maynard seems to be a hit with the fans; not many people are saying he'll suffer his first loss in League play this week.

Frankie Garnett: I'll admit, I really like his chances tonight.

Diamond’s music hits, bringing some of the crowd to their feet as she emerges, a look of pure vitriol on her face.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Aberdeen, Scotland, weighing 132 pounds...Diamond!

Bob Sinclair: Diamond comes in tonight as a bit of an underdog, Frankie. What does she have to do in order to pull out a win tonight?

Frankie Garnett: Hit and run at start, and keep Maynard off his feet. You can't win a match if you're on your back defending the whole time. If—and that's a very big if—Diamond can do that, she might have a chance.

Robbie Maynard hit the Forearm Blow

Robbie Maynard hit the Eye Gouge

The referee warns that that was illegal.

Diamond moved and the Open Handed Slap missed!

Diamond hit the Punch

Diamond hit the Side Headlock Takedown

Robbie Maynard broke the Face Stepping.

Robbie Maynard hit the European Uppercut

Diamond took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

The Punch was countered into a Fireman's Carry Takedown.

The Arm Bar was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Diamond hit the Stomp

Diamond hit the Face Stepping

Robbie Maynard broke the Women's Choke Hold by reaching the ropes.

Diamond hit the Punch

Diamond applied the Front Facelock

Diamond applied the Side Headlock

Diamond hit the Punch

Diamond hit the Side Headlock Takedown

Diamond hit the Face Rub

Robbie Maynard blocked the Women's Choke Hold.

Robbie Maynard moved and the Stomp missed!

Robbie Maynard hit the Knife Edge Chop

Diamond took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Frankie Garnett: I think Diamond just got ticked that he tried to cop a feel without her permission, Bob!

Bob Sinclair: I refuse to dignify that with a response....

Diamond hit the Punch

Diamond hit the Legsweep Snap Pinfall

The referee begins the count...

1!

Kick Out!

Diamond hit the Legsweep Kick

Diamond hit the Legdrop To Groin

Robbie Maynard rushed the Stripper Dance.

Robbie Maynard hit the Open Handed Slap

Robbie Maynard hit the Eye Gouge

Robbie Maynard hit the Running Clothesline

Robbie Maynard applied the Arm Bar

The Rear Seated Chinlock was countered into a Low Blow.

The referee is furious at that breach of the rules.

Diamond hit the Rolling Senton

Diamond hit the Flip Legdrop

Diamond used the Stripper Dance

Robbie Maynard moved and the Rolling Senton missed!

Robbie Maynard picks up Diamond from behind.

Robbie Maynard applied the Arm Wringer

Robbie Maynard hit the Vertical Suplex

Frankie Garnett: Robbie's in complete control here. I just don't see Diamond pulling out a comeback from here.

Bob Sinclair: If Maynard keeps hitting those high-impact moves, you may be right.

Diamond blocked the Headbutt To Groin.

Diamond slipped out of the Single Leg Grapevine.

Diamond hit the Face Plant

Diamond hit the Running Dropkick

Robbie Maynard moved and the Charging Basement Dropkick missed!

Robbie Maynard hit the Dropkick To Knee

Robbie Maynard applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Robbie Maynard hit the Legdrop To Groin

Robbie Maynard picks up Diamond.

Robbie Maynard applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Robbie Maynard applied the Stop the Ferry

The referee checks the submission...

It seems to be locked in!

Will This Be It?

A short struggle ends with the escape!

Bob Sinclair: Maynard went for what got him his first win of the season, but Diamond's small frame helped her get out of the hold before Robbie could really get it locked in.

Frankie Garnett: I'm not liking her chances now, Bob. She's taken too much damage; it's just a matter of time.

Robbie Maynard hit the Capture Suplex

Robbie Maynard used the Spirit Roar

Robbie Maynard picks up Diamond from behind.

Diamond slipped out of the Merseyside Maul.

Diamond climbs the turnbuckles.

Robbie Maynard shook the ropes to stop the Missile Dropkick.

Robbie Maynard throws Diamond off the top rope.

Robbie Maynard applied the Stop the Ferry

Will This Be It?

A short struggle ends with the escape!

Bob Sinclair: And again Diamond escapes the submission, but what sort of price is she paying for being caught in these holds so often?

Frankie Garnett: I can hear the fat lady tuning up, Bob. It's all over but the shouting now.

Robbie Maynard hit the Capture Suplex

Diamond rushed the Spirit Roar.

The Backflip Kick was countered into a Double Leg Trip.

Robbie Maynard picks up Diamond.

A stalemate happens as neither competitor can take the advantage.

Robbie Maynard hit the Head And Arm Suplex

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Diamond blocked the Capture Suplex.

It's gotta be over, Robbie Maynard hits the Merseyside Maul!

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

The referee has called for the bell!

Frankie Garnett: Called it.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at eleven minutes and ten seconds...Robbie Maynard!

Bob Sinclair: Maynard remains perfect through three weeks. Is it too early to think "undefeated season," Frankie?

Frankie Garnett: Yes. We don't know how he'll work under pressure; he may crack like a thin-shelled egg. Let's wait a bit before crowding onto the Robbie Maynard bandwagon, Bob.

ALPHA DIVISION MATCH: The British Warrior (1-1) vs. Nuclear Templeton (2-0)

Bob Sinclair: Our next match features the other remaining undefeated fighter in The League, Nuclear Templeton.

Frankie Garnett: Nuclear's handled himself well so far, Bob, it will be interesting to see if he can also go to 3-0 tonight. I think he can.

Bob Sinclair: Let's go to Amelia for the introductions.

Amelia Williams: Our next contest is an Alpha Division match, scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from the United Kingdom, weighing 243 pounds...The British Warrior!

Bob Sinclair: Warrior's trying to rebound from a loss last week; a win here will make him 2-0 in divisional play and will give him a solid hold on a potential tie-breaker.

Frankie Garnett: Bah. Ties are for wimps.

Bob Sinclair: What do you mean?

Frankie Garnett: You mean you didn't see that SWF ring announcer get choked out by his own tie last week? Pathetic!

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, don't bring the wrath of the censors down on us, for the love of crumbcake!

Billy Idol’s “Shock to the System” hits, heralding the arrival of his opponent.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Atlantic City, New Jersey, weighing 278 pounds...Nuclear Templeton!

Bob Sinclair: Nuclear's temper has been kept in check so far; it might be the key to his remaining undefeated.

Frankie Garnett: Look, guys with short tempers will always lose them. It's a fact of life. He won't go undefeated the rest of the season; his temper will get the best of him.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Slap To Chest.

The British Warrior hit the Single Leg Trip

The British Warrior hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Stomp missed!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Jab Punch

The Bell Clap was countered into a Knife Edge Chop.

The Running Clothesline was countered into a Clothesline.

Nuclear Templeton applied the Nerve Pinch

The British Warrior moved and the Knee Drop missed!

The British Warrior hit the Knee Pull

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Western Spinning Toe Hold.

Nuclear Templeton recovers and stands up.

Nuclear Templeton rushed the Single Leg Trip.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Bell Clap

The Jab Punch was countered into a Elbow Strike.

The British Warrior hit the Punch

The British Warrior hit the Slap To Chest

Nuclear Templeton took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Frankie Garnett: Well, I think that woke Templeton up.

Bob Sinclair: Indeed, Frankie. Warrior should have seen that coming.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Elbow Strike

Nuclear Templeton hit the Knee Lift

Nuclear Templeton applied the Nerve Pinch

Nuclear Templeton hit the Slingshot To Corner

Nuclear Templeton hit the Corner Ten Punch

Nuclear Templeton hit the Turnbuckle Smash

Nuclear Templeton hit the Snap Driving Elbow

Nuclear Templeton hit the Giant Swing

Nuclear Templeton hit the Splash

The British Warrior slipped out of the Mounted Punch Flurry.

The British Warrior hit the Open Handed Slap

The British Warrior hit the European Uppercut

The British Warrior hit the Forearm Blow

The British Warrior hit the Dropkick To Knee

The Strong Knife Edge Chop was countered into a Toss To Corner.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Corner Clothesline

Nuclear Templeton picks up The British Warrior from behind.

Nuclear Templeton looks sharp, he knows that the match has swung in his favour.

Frankie Garnett: Bob, what's the over/under on the level of smugness Nuclear's feeling right now?

Bob Sinclair: ...that's not how over/under works, Frankie.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Back Suplex

Nuclear Templeton hit the Splash

The British Warrior slipped out the back of the Giant Swing.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Hammerlock Kick.

Nuclear Templeton climbs the turnbuckles.

The Flying Double Axe Handle was countered into a Dropkick.

Frankie Garnett: Holy crap, that certainly will take the wind out of your sails!

Bob Sinclair: Now the question is, can Warrior regain control in this match?

The British Warrior hit the Snap Driving Elbow

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Seated Dropkick missed!

The British Warrior broke the Powerbomb by falling on top.

1!

Kick Out!

The Strong Knife Edge Chop was countered into a Punch.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Pump Kick

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Bob Sinclair: I don't think that stunned Warrior as much as Templeton would have liked. It looked like Warrior skirted just enough to the side to avoid the majority of the impact.

The British Warrior moved and the Discus Clothesline missed!

The British Warrior hit the Hammerlock Kick

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Knee Breaker.

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Dropkick To Knee missed!

The Small Package was countered into a Slap To Chest.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out of the Warrior Slam.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Powerbomb

Nuclear Templeton hit the Snap Driving Elbow

Nuclear Templeton picks up The British Warrior from behind.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Running Bulldog

The British Warrior slipped out the back of the Giant Swing.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Hammerlock Kick.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Small Package

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

The referee's hand starts coming down...

Kick Out At The Last Second!

Frankie Garnett: I thought Templeton had him there!

Bob Sinclair: You're not the only one, Frankie. Half the audience thought so as well!

The Powerbomb was countered into a Forearm Blow.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out the back of the S.T.O..

The British Warrior blocked the Back Suplex Pin.

The British Warrior moved and the Blindside High Knee missed!

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Warrior Slam.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Hammerlock Kick. This is the second block in a row, and Nuclear Templeton takes control.

The Pump Kick was countered into a Kick To Knee.

The British Warrior hit the S.T.O.

1!

2!

Kick Out!

The British Warrior whips Nuclear Templeton to the corner.

Nuclear Templeton counters by reversing on The British Warrior.

The British Warrior counters by fighting back.

The British Warrior hit the Strong Knife Edge Chop

Nuclear Templeton counters by reversing on The British Warrior.

The British Warrior blocked the High Backdrop.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Hot Shot

The British Warrior recovers and stands up.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Bob Sinclair: And this time he connects with the aerial move. I'm surprised; thought he would have stayed on the mat after eating that dropkick earlier on.

Frankie Garnett: Whatever his plan may or may not be, it's working at the moment.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Giant Swing

The British Warrior moved and the Splash missed!

Nuclear Templeton broke the Figure Four Leglock.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Small Package

1!

2!

Kick Out!

The British Warrior moved and the Armageddon Lariat missed!

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Warrior Slam.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out of the Warrior Slam.

Nuclear Templeton whips The British Warrior into the ropes.

The Pump Kick was countered into a Single Leg Trip.

The British Warrior looks sharp, he knows that the match has swung in his favour.

Frankie Garnett: But can he keep Templeton down long enough to lock in the submission?

Bob Sinclair: He's going to have to do it quick before Nuclear gets his temper up.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out the back of the Figure Four Leglock.

The British Warrior blocked the Back Suplex Pin.

The British Warrior blocked the Running Bulldog. This is the second block in a row, and The British Warrior takes control.

The British Warrior has the Figure Four locked in! Is it over for Nuclear?

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at 17:20...The British Warrior!

Frankie Garnett: And then there was one! Maynard emerges as the last undefeated!

Bob Sinclair: Yes, but how long will that remain?

SGRaaize (0-2) vs. Sean (1-1)

Frankie Garnett: Ask me if I care!

Bob Sinclair: ...I'm just going to ignore that and move on to the next match. Let's go to Amelia Williams.

Amelia Williams: Our next bout is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Portugal, weighing 231 pounds...SGRaaize!

Frankie Garnett: And here is The League's version of Glass Joe!

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, how the hell do you sleep at night?

Frankie Garnett: It's a talent I have. You should try it sometime.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing 230 pounds...Sean!

Bob Sinclair: Sean comes in off a narrow loss in the best match in League history to date, and is facing a winless Raaize. One would almost have to think that momentum is on Sean's side.

Frankie Garnett: I guess it's time to find out, eh?

SGRaaize hit the Elbow Strike

Sean took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Sean applied the Front Facelock

Sean hit the Punch

Sean hit the Forearm Strike

Sean hit the Forearm Blow

Sean applied the Side Headlock

Sean hit the Legsweep Snap Pinfall

1!

Kick Out Just Before The Two!

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

The Forearm Strike was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

SGRaaize hit the Face Stepping

SGRaaize applied the Arm Bar

SGRaaize hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

SGRaaize hit the Knee Pull

SGRaaize hit the Stomp

SGRaaize hit the Face Stepping

SGRaaize hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

SGRaaize applied the Bow And Arrow Lock

SGRaaize applied the Single Leg Grapevine

SGRaaize picks up Sean.

SGRaaize hit the Hammerlock Kick

SGRaaize hit the Knee Breaker

Sean slipped out of the Single Leg Grapevine.

The European Uppercut was countered into a Punch.

SGRaaize hit the European Uppercut

SGRaaize picks up Sean from behind.

The Running Hot Shot was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Sean hit the Knee Pull

SGRaaize moved and the Stomp missed!

SGRaaize hit the Slingshot Suplex

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Sean tastes the Portugal Lariat, and could be on the verge of losing!

SGRaaize is in total control of this match at the moment, and knows it.

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at five minutes and ten seconds...SGRaaize!

Bob Sinclair: And that breaks Raaize out of his slump, and puts him back into contention in the Beta Division!

Frankie Garnett: It's going to take a lot more than that to catch up to the undefeated Robbie Maynard, Bob.

Bob Sinclair: You aren't kidding there....

Breaker (1-1) vs. Johnny Triumph (0-2)

Amelia Williams: Our next contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, weighing 251 pounds...Breaker!

Bob Sinclair: Breaker has shown that he can put on good matches this early in the season, but can he keep focused enough to keep pace with Robbie Maynard in the Beta Division?

Frankie Garnett: I'm guessing "no" on principle to such an asinine question.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, coming down the aisle...from Des Moines, Iowa, weighing 228 pounds...Johnny Triumph!

Bob Sinclair: Triumph's been nowhere near as impressive as we were lead to believe he would be coming into this season. You have to imagine that he's looking to break out tonight.

Frankie Garnett: Or just collect a paycheck and go home. It's what he's done the last two weeks.

Breaker hit the Bell Clap

Breaker hit the Mongolian Chop

The Elbow Strike was countered into a Elbow Strike.

Johnny Triumph hit the Slap To Chest

Breaker blocked the Single Leg Trip.

Johnny Triumph hit the Kick To Gut

Breaker took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

The Punch was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Johnny Triumph hit the Knee Pull

Johnny Triumph applied the Choke Hold

Johnny Triumph hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

Johnny Triumph hit the Face Stepping

Johnny Triumph hit the Knee Pull

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Boston Crab

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Johnny Triumph applied the Bow And Arrow Lock

Johnny Triumph used the Stalk Grounded Enemy

Johnny Triumph hit the Vertical Suplex

Frankie Garnett: Ok, so maybe you were right about Triumph coming in with something to prove tonight. He's already looking to end the match, the fans be damned!

Bob Sinclair: But does Breaker still have enough left in him?

Breaker broke the The Horns of Victory.

Breaker hit the Throat Thrust

Breaker hit the Eye Gouge

Breaker hit the Jab Punch

Breaker hit the Eye Gouge

Breaker hit the Punch

Breaker hit the Jab Punch

The Suplex was countered into a Forearm Strike Flurry.

Johnny Triumph picks up Breaker from behind.

Johnny Triumph hit the Wheel Barrow Suplex

Breaker slipped out the back of the Camel Clutch.

Breaker hit the Hair Pull Takedown

Breaker hit the Slingshot To Corner

Breaker hit the Corner Clothesline

Frankie Garnett: Apparently Breaker does, Bob. Even match so far, though I'm surprised there hasn't been more eye rakes with these two men in the ring.

Bob Sinclair: The refs, Frankie. Remember them?

Frankie Garnett: No, and I choose not to.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Neckbreaker.

Johnny Triumph moved and the Blindside High Knee missed!

Breaker blocked the S.T.O..

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Punch.

Breaker hit the Face Plant

Breaker hit the DDT

Breaker hit the Splash

Breaker hit the Headbutt To Groin

The referee was not happy with that move.

Johnny Triumph rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

Breaker counters by reversing on Johnny Triumph.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry.

Breaker raises Johnny Triumph up to be seated on the top turnbuckle.

Breaker throws Johnny Triumph off the top rope.

Johnny Triumph rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

Johnny Triumph throws Breaker to ringside.

Johnny Triumph leaves the ring.

The referee begins counting the competitors out.

Breaker slipped out of the Camel Clutch.

Breaker hit the Small Package

The referee reaches the halfway point of his count.

Johnny Triumph slipped out of the Headbutt To Groin.

The referee is almost ready to count both competitors out.

The Chair Shot To Head was countered into a Bell Clap.

Both competitors return to the ring before they are counted out.

Bob Sinclair: What the heck is Triumph doing? He could have gotten DQ'd for that!

Frankie Garnett: So? If it sent a message, then who cares?

Johnny Triumph blocked the Dream Breaker.

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the 99 Crusher.

Johnny Triumph hit the Wheel Barrow Suplex

Johnny Triumph has Breaker locked in the Horns of Victory!

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

No, there is the escape!

Bob Sinclair: Triumph almost had the victory, but Breaker was still too fresh!

Frankie Garnett: If it happens again, Breaker's done. Calling it now.

Johnny Triumph climbs the turnbuckles.

Johnny Triumph hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Johnny Triumph has Breaker locked in the Horns of Victory!

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of ten minutes and ten seconds...Johnny Triumph!

Bob Sinclair: With that win, Triumph ensures that everyone will walk out of this season with at least one win.

Frankie Garnett: Which makes them automatically better than the Baltimore Orioles.

Bob Sinclair: Despite that team having won 16 times this year, I might have to agree with you....

ALPHA DIVISION MATCH: The Phoenix (1-1) vs. Maxx Skabb (1-1)

Bob Sinclair: Our next match is one that has generated a lot of buzz given the events of the past two weeks.

Frankie Garnett: No kidding, Bob. How does someone noted for having nothing special in the ring manage to put on the best match of the night twice in a row? There's got to be something wrong with that.

Bob Sinclair: I just think he's stepping up his efforts, showing what he can do best, Frankie. The fans certainly have taken a shine to him, and tonight we’ll find out of Maxx Skabb can make it a trifecta. Let's head to the voice of The League, Amelia Williams, for the introductions.

DING DING DING!

Amelia Williams: Ladies and gentlemen, our next match is an Alpha Division match, scheduled for one fall!

The sounds of “The Instinct” hit the arena, as the largest competitor in The League walks out. He looks surprisingly at ease tonight, for some reason.

Amelia Williams: Introducing first, from the End of Nowhere, weighing 367 pounds...The Phoenix!

Bob Sinclair: Phoenix picked up a much-needed win last time out; do you think it gave him enough momentum to see him through tonight?

Frankie Garnett: Do I look like a damn psychic, Bob? All I know is that I've got $150 riding on Phoenix to lose in under 15 minutes!

Bob Sinclair: ...Have you no shame?!

Disturbed’s “The Night” hits, as the opponent walks out with a stoic look on his face.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from the Orange County Correctional Facility, weighing 291 pounds...Maxx Skabb!

Bob Sinclair: Here's the man that the fans have been buzzing about the last two weeks. Neither he nor Phoenix are well-known for putting on entertaining matches; it will be intriguing to see what happens.

Frankie Garnett: How about we just shut up for now and let them get to it? I have money to win!

Bob Sinclair: ....

The Phoenix applied the Front Facelock

The Phoenix hit the Forearm Strike

The Phoenix hit the Kick To Gut

The Phoenix hit the Side Headlock Takedown

Maxx Skabb broke the Western Spinning Toe Hold.

Maxx Skabb hit the Toss To Corner

Maxx Skabb hit the Corner Elbow

Maxx Skabb hit the Corner Boot Choke

Maxx Skabb hit the Repeated Shoulder Ram

Maxx Skabb hit the Face Rub

Maxx Skabb hit the Face Stepping

The Phoenix moved and the Seated Back Kick missed!

The Phoenix hit the Punch

The Phoenix applied the Front Facelock

Maxx Skabb moved and the Forearm Strike missed!

The Phoenix blocked the Toss To Corner.

Maxx Skabb hit the Throat Thrust

Maxx Skabb hit the Clubbing Blow

Maxx Skabb hit the Overhead Fallaway Slam

Bob Sinclair: Skabb just took the largest man in The League and threw him around like child's play, Frankie!

Frankie Garnett: And it seems like Skabb isn't done, as he pulls Phoenix up. Do it! Finish him quickly, Maxx, so I can collect double for a quick match!

Maxx Skabb picks up The Phoenix.

Maxx Skabb hit the High Knee

Maxx Skabb hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Maxx Skabb picks up The Phoenix from behind.

Maxx Skabb applied the Full Nelson

Maxx Skabb hit the Mounted Elbow Smashes

Maxx Skabb is in total control of this match at the moment, and knows it.

Maxx Skabb climbs the turnbuckles.

Maxx Skabb waits as The Phoenix stands.

Maxx Skabb climbs down off the top rope.

The Phoenix slipped out the back of the Over Shoulder Backbreaker Drop.

The Phoenix hit the Kick To Knee

The Phoenix applied the Side Headlock

The Phoenix hit the Punch

The Phoenix hit the Knife Edge Chop

The Phoenix hit the Knee Pull

The Phoenix hit the Elbow Drop

The Phoenix picks up Maxx Skabb.

Maxx Skabb slipped out of the Side Explosion Suplex.

Maxx Skabb hit the Gutwrench Powerbomb

The Phoenix slipped out the back of the Head Vice.

Maxx Skabb broke the Diving DDT.

Maxx Skabb hit the Double Underhook Bomb

The Phoenix moved and the Big Legdrop missed!

Bob Sinclair: Not sure I like Phoenix's plan of attack here, Frankie. By pressing the attack while still recovering, he could be setting himself up for trouble.

Frankie Garnett: Then I'm all in favor of that.

The Phoenix picks up Maxx Skabb from behind.

The Phoenix hit the Side Explosion Suplex

The American Figure Four Leglock was countered into a Low Blow.

Maxx Skabb applied the Head Vice

The Double Underhook Bomb was countered into a Punch.

Maxx Skabb slipped out of the Vertical Suplex.

The Gutwrench Powerbomb was countered into a Kick To Gut.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Kneeling Jaw Breaker.

The Phoenix hit the Shoulder Tackle

Maxx Skabb tries to take the blow, but doesn't have the necessary momentum on his side.

The Phoenix picks up Maxx Skabb from behind.

The Phoenix hit the Hammerlock Shoulder Breaker

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Eye Gouge.

The Double Underhook Bomb was countered into a Punch.

The Phoenix hit the Capture Suplex

The Phoenix whips Maxx Skabb to the corner.

The Phoenix hit the Corner Clothesline

Maxx Skabb blocked the Slingshot Suplex.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Capture Suplex. This is the second block in a row, and Maxx Skabb takes control.

The Gutwrench Powerbomb was countered into a Punch.

Maxx Skabb broke the Eternal Requiem by reaching the ropes.

Maxx Skabb slipped out the back of the Slingshot Suplex.

Maxx Skabb hit the Full Nelson Bomb

Maxx Skabb hit the Headbutt To Groin

The referee was not happy with that move.

Maxx Skabb hit the Big Legdrop

The Double Underhook Bomb was countered into a Elbow Blow.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Capture Suplex.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Explosion Suplex. This is the second block in a row, and Maxx Skabb takes control.

Maxx Skabb applied the Over Shoulder Backbreaker

Frankie Garnett: Come on, Maxx, you know you'll never win with that move! Put this guy away already!

Bob Sinclair: You know, Frankie, I think he heard you that time...

Escaped!

The Phoenix slipped out of the Lethal Injection.

Maxx Skabb hit the Over Shoulder Backbreaker Drop

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

Kick Out At Two-And-A-Half!

The Over Shoulder Backbreaker was countered into a Punch.

Maxx Skabb broke the Capture Suplex.

The Phoenix moved and the Flying Double Axe Handle missed!

The Phoenix whips Maxx Skabb into the ropes.

The Phoenix hit the Slingshot Suplex

Bob Sinclair: We've just passed the fifteen minute mark in this match. I know that Phoenix is good at coming from behind in matches, but has he already taken too much?

Frankie Garnett: No, he needs more! Make him pay for costing me money, Maxx!

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

The Phoenix hit the Vertical Suplex

The Phoenix takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Capture Suplex.

Maxx Skabb hit the Double Underhook Bomb

Maxx Skabb hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Maxx Skabb applied the Over Shoulder Backbreaker

Escaped!

The Gutwrench Powerbomb was countered into a Elbow Strike.

Maxx Skabb slipped out the back of the Western Brainbuster Suplex.

Maxx Skabb hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Maxx Skabb whips The Phoenix to the corner.

Sound the alarms, Skabb is leading a Jailbreak!

1!

Kick Out Just Before The Two!

Maxx Skabb hit the Gutwrench Powerbomb

The Phoenix rushed the Flying Double Axe Handle.

The Phoenix hit the Super Back Suplex

1!

2!

Kick Out!

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Eye Gouge.

Skabb hits the Lethal Injection; the end draws near for The Phoenix!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of twenty minutes and forty seconds: Maxx Skabb!

Frankie Garnett: I'm...speechless. There's no way he could do that three weeks running, Bob. No way at all.

Bob Sinclair: Well, believe it or not, he's done it. Maxx Skabb again wowing the audience with an excellent match!

HARDCORE MATCH: Tarik Nolan (1-1) vs. Shawn Arrows (1-1)

Amelia Williams: It is time for our main event, a hardcore match scheduled for one fall!

<object width="28" height="25"><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></object> ”Regulate” hits the speakers, signaling the arrival of the first man in the match tonight.

Amelia Williams: Introducing first, from Shreveport, Louisiana, weighing 292 pounds...Tarik Nolan!

Bob Sinclair: We haven't seen much of Tarik in League play; his two matches have lasted an average of just under eight minutes this season.

Frankie Garnett: Pah, what a loon.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Raleigh, North Carolina, weighing 207 pounds...Shawn Arrows!

Bob Sinclair: Arrows has an advantage in this match—he's 1-0 in hardcore matches within The League. A win here would really help him in the standings.

Frankie Garnett: And maybe draw attention to Tarik in the process. I swear, the dude loses charisma as quickly as a nerd.

Tarik Nolan hit the Punch

Tarik Nolan hit the Toss To Corner

Shawn Arrows slipped out of the Corner Ten Punch.

Shawn Arrows hit the Dropkick

Shawn Arrows picks up Tarik Nolan.

Shawn Arrows hit the Eye Gouge

Shawn Arrows hit the Snap Mare Takedown

Tarik Nolan easily broke the Surfboard.

Tarik Nolan hit the Headbutt

The Punch was countered into a Back Kick.

Shawn Arrows hit the Punch

Shawn Arrows hit the Spinning Backhand Blow

Shawn Arrows hit the Back Kick

Shawn Arrows hit the Punch Flurry

Shawn Arrows hit the Spinning Backhand Blow

Shawn Arrows hit the Eye Gouge

The Legsweep Snap Pinfall was countered into a Punch.

Tarik Nolan hit the Toss To Corner

Tarik Nolan hit the Turnbuckle Smash

Tarik Nolan hit the Face Stepping

Shawn Arrows moved and the Stomp missed!

Shawn Arrows hit the Snap Mare Takedown

Shawn Arrows picks up Tarik Nolan.

Shawn Arrows hit the Punch

Shawn Arrows hit the High Knee

Shawn Arrows hit the Slingshot Senton Bomb

Shawn Arrows hit the Seated Dropkick

Shawn Arrows hit the Corkscrew Legdrop

Shawn Arrows hit the Slingshot Senton Bomb

Tarik Nolan moved and the Cartwheel Splash missed!

Tarik Nolan hit the Face Rub

Tarik Nolan hit the Face Stepping

Tarik Nolan hit the Rear Naked Punch Flurry

Tarik Nolan hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Tarik Nolan picks up Shawn Arrows from behind.

Tarik Nolan hit the Blindside High Knee

Tarik Nolan leaves the ring.

Shawn Arrows slipped out the back of the Headbutt To Groin.

Shawn Arrows hit the Ring Post Smash

Tarik Nolan moved and the Running Dropkick missed!

Shawn Arrows slipped out of the Mounted Punch Flurry.

Tarik Nolan easily broke the Face Plant.

Tarik Nolan hit the Ring Post Smash

Shawn Arrows blocked the DDT.

Tarik Nolan hit the Running Knee Lift

Tarik Nolan picks up Shawn Arrows from behind.

Shawn Arrows blocked the Regulator.

Shawn Arrows counters by fighting back.

Shawn Arrows hit the Flying Knee Strike

Shawn Arrows hit the Seated Knuckle Punches

Shawn Arrows climbs the turnbuckles.

Tarik Nolan recovers and stands up.

The Moonsault Press was countered into a Powerslam.

Tarik Nolan picks up Shawn Arrows.

The Chair Shot To Head was countered into a Punch.

The Chair Shot To Head was countered into a Press Powerslam.

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at nine and a half minutes...Tarik Nolan!

Frankie Garnett: You know, I'm becoming mildly upset at the lack of weapons in the hardcore matches we've had so far this season, Bob.

Bob Sinclair: Yeah, they have been a bit tame; perhaps one of the ones we'll have later in the year will be more to your liking. As it stands, we're out of time this week. We're back in North America next week, as we head to Vancouver. Until then...good night, everybody!

SHOW SUMMARY

1. Robbie Maynard def. Diamond via submission (Merseyside Maul)

* Time of Match: 11:10

* Match Grade: B-

* Winner's Offense: 56%

* Maynard is the last remaining undefeated wrestler in The League this season.

2. The British Warrior def. Nuclear Templeton via submission (Figure Four Leg Lock)

* Time of Match: 17:20

* Match Grade: C

* Winner's Offense: 48%

3. SGRaaize def. Sean via pinfall (Portugal Lariat)

* Time of Match: 5:10

* Match Grade: E

* Winner's Offense: 66%

* Side Note: SGRaaize has now been involved in the two shortest matches in League play this season (this match, and a 6:00 loss to Tarik Nolan last week)

4. Johnny Triumph def. Breaker via submission (The Horns of Victory)

* Time of Match: 10:10

* Match Grade: B

* Winner's Offense: 48%

* Breaker's Head health was at 59% at the end of this match.

5. Maxx Skabb def. The Phoenix via pinfall (Lethal Injection)

* Time of Match: 20:40

* Match Grade: B

* Winner's Offense: 54%

* Phoenix's Head and Body health were at 51% and 67%, respectively, at the end of the match.

* Due to the longer time of the match, this match beats out the Triumph/Breaker match for Match of the Night honors. This makes the third week in a row that Skabb has been in the MOTN.

6. Tarik Nolan def. Shawn Arrows in a hardcore match via pinfall (Press Powerslam)

* Time of Match: 9:30

* Match Grade: F

* Winner's Offense: 47%

Frankie Garnett: I think Diamond just got ticked that he tried to cop a feel without her permission, Bob!

Well damn!

Yeah, that line kind of wrote itself. I thought it was funny. :D

Web pages have been updated. Preview show may still be a little bit; I need to finish writing it though it shouldn't take too much longer.

You try sorting out the tiebreakers in that division... :eek: I made the blasted rules and it took me about twenty minutes to get it sorted out.

That is kind of an over exaggeration sure after a and b you end up with 2 ties but once you do C (match ratings) the 2 ties had one person either tie of have the higher rated match each time. :D

EDIT: to show I am not full of it 1.S 2.SA 3.JT 4.D

Yeah, that line kind of wrote itself. I thought it was funny. :D

Web pages have been updated. Preview show may still be a little bit; I need to finish writing it though it shouldn't take too much longer.

Was funny, but next time I fight Jaded I'mma kick has arse for that cheap feel. :D

You try sorting out the tiebreakers in that division... :eek: I made the blasted rules and it took me about twenty minutes to get it sorted out.

That is kind of an over exaggeration sure after a and b you end up with 2 ties but once you do C (match ratings) the 2 ties had one person either tie of have the higher rated match each time. :D

He's exaggerating. Probably took him 5 minutes, and he loves it. :D

He's exaggerating. Probably took him 5 minutes, and he loves it. :D

Actually, it did take me 20 minutes--16 of those were work interruptions, though. :mad: (And yes, I was kidding about the difficulty in figuring the stuff out--I was just seeing if anyone had bothered to read that far in the rules! :p:cool: )

Pre-show is 95% done. Finishing up my predictions now.

Actually, it did take me 20 minutes--16 of those were work interruptions, though. :mad: (And yes, I was kidding about the difficulty in figuring the stuff out--I was just seeing if anyone had bothered to read that far in the rules! :p:cool: )

Pre-show is 95% done. Finishing up my predictions now.

You know I read it. :D

Season One, Week Four

June 19, 2010

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/BeyondRingsideBanner.jpg

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the quarter-point of the season! Tori Montgomery here, and things are getting quite interesting now that we are back from Japan. We've a lot to get to, not much time to do it, so let's get started!

Comments from Ringside

Returning after a week's absence, we have some decent questions to be asked this time out.

We are three weeks into the season, and one division has everyone tied at the same losing record of 1-2. Can we officially call that the weakest division in The League? --G. Shepard, London.

If their shared record was 3-6 apiece or something, yes. As it stands, well...once again it is early. No one has jumped out to a definitive advantage in any of the three divisions yet, but as the weeks pass by I think a better grasp of the divisions can be made.

Seriously, what is the deal with Robbie Maynard? You haven't spoken much about him, and yet he's still undefeated after three weeks. Is there something going on in his camp that we're not privy to? --A. Anderson, San Francisco

I was actually going to cover this later on, but since you asked...so far, Maynard's camp is refusing to let any members of the media in. My sources and I have no idea what, if anything, Maynard is doing to prepare for his matches each week. If I was to suffer a guess, likely weight training. He doesn't tend to waste time out in the ring, and putting more power behind a blow will likely be the catalyst behind it. Those of you who suggested some ritualistic sacrifice, though, need to snap out of it.

Maxx Skabb has been in the match of the night all three weeks. Has he been known to do this before? --E. Reboulet, New Orleans

To my knowledge, no. Maxx is a brawler by nature; they tend not to care how pretty their matches are. But given that he's done this with a small technical wrestler, a large technical wrestler, and another brawler, it's almost safe to say that somehow he's carrying them to these sort of matches.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? --Tim, Parts Unknown

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK THREE

ALPHA DIVISION

1. The British Warrior (2-1)

2. Nuclear Templeton (2-1)

3. Maxx Skabb (2-1)

4. The Phoenix (1-2)

The first tie-breaker in this scenario is divisional record. Warrior (2-0) has the edge over Templeton and Skabb (both 1-1). Templeton has beaten Skabb, which gives him the second place tie-breaker.

BETA DIVISION

1. Robbie Maynard (3-0)

2. Tarik Nolan (2-1)

3. Breaker (1-2)

4. SGRaaize (1-2)

Tie-breaker is head-to-head: Breaker beat SGRaaize week one.

GAMMA DIVISION

1. Sean (1-2)

2. Shawn Arrows (1-2)

3. Johnny Triumph (1-2)

4. Diamond (1-2)

Hoo, boy. This is a tough one to sort out. Since in this case, head-to-head and divisional are one and the same, that's the first basis. That puts Sean and Arrows above Triumph and Diamond. For each pair, the average match rating determines the advantage. This results in the standings you see above. (Props to Mr. Masterded for sussing this out before my webmaster could get it posted.)

NEWS AND NOTES

CHANGES IN POPULARITY—KINKI REGION

1. Maxx Skabb: 15 -> 19.904

2. Johnny Triumph: 15 -> 18.265

3. Robbie Maynard: 15 -> 18.068

4. British Warrior: 15 -> 17.285

5. The Phoenix: 15 -> 16.712

6. SGRaaize: 15 -> 15.596

7. Breaker: 15 -> 15.309

8. Diamond: 15 -> 14.924

9. Nuclear Templeton: 15 -> 14.361

10. Sean: 15 -> 12.404

11. Tarik Nolan: 15 -> 11.564

12. Shawn Arrows: 15 -> 8.636

I’ve got a few notes I want to share with you, as well. Please note that unless we at Beyond Ringside have received express permission, we are not legally able to print the names of the people represented in the notes below. I can’t even say off the record, either, so asking would be pointless.

* A Beyond Ringside correspondent in Kyoto reported seeing several of the League members out for early morning runs during the last week.

* At least two League members were reportedly involved in a barroom fight. No serious injuries were reported.

* No fewer than five members were seen at the gym last week, and a few minor skirmishes broke out over the use of the bench press. At least one incident involved a kendo stick of some kind, but once again no injuries were reported, just some wounded pride.

* Lastly, a couple of League members were seen coming out of the League’s traveling medical facility. Due to doctor/patient confidentiality, we could get no further information than that.

PREDICTION CENTRAL

Threes and fours across the board this week, keeping the group still relatively even compared to the standings last week. Also, a big welcome to Mr. Masterded, who joins the prediction game a couple of weeks late, but still very much in the hunt to ascend the ranks.

PREDICTION STANDINGS AFTER WEEK THREE

1. SeanMcG: 12 points

(Tie) 2. Derek_b, moon_lit_tears, Prophet: 10 points

5. I Effin Rule: 9 points

6. Tori Montgomery: 8 points

7. MichiganHero: 6 points

(Tie) 8. Masterded, Zeel1: 4 points

We emanate this week from the Great White North, as Vancouver, British Columbia plays host to The League. And for once, there are members who are already known in this area, so that could play a slight part in this week’s main event. Enough banter, let’s get to it!

WEEK FOUR: VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA

Ref bumps allowed, Ref can stop match for blood loss, Regular style match

GAMMA DIVISION MATCH: Shawn Arrows (1-2, 15%) vs. Sean (1-2, 15%)

The quest to break the logjam that is the Gamma Division standings starts with this match. It’ll be a toss-up, but the technical workers seem to have found an edge so far this season. I’m going to follow the same trend here.

Tori’s Prediction: Sean, via submission (Elevated Figure Four), 9:40, E

SGRaaize (1-2, 15%) vs. Nuclear Templeton (2-1, 15%)

Battle of the lariats in this one. And say what you will, a Portugal Lariat is no match for Armageddon. Templeton’s got more size and power behind it.

Tori’s Prediction: Nuclear Templeton, via pinfall (Armageddon Lariat), 11:50, C-

Tarik Nolan (2-1, 15%) vs. The Phoenix (1-2, 15%)

This could be interesting. Two big men going at it. It may not deliver much on the excitement scale but I can see both men hurting after this one. Tarik’s brawling game will find a hole in Phoenix’s weak striking defense and take advantage.

Tori’s Prediction: Tarik Nolan, via pinfall (Regulator), 14:00, C+

Robbie Maynard (3-0, 15%) vs. Maxx Skabb (2-1, 15%)

Many are calling this the true main event of the evening, and it’d be hard to argue with them. Colt Marshall, though, has elected to put this match here to conform with internal policy regarding ordering of matches. This is going to be a real hard one to call, and I’ll eat my words if Maxx walks away with a fourth consecutive match of the night award. I’m going to go with Maynard on this one, if only to see perfection continue.

Tori’s Prediction: Robbie Maynard, via submission (Stop the Ferry), 13:30, C-

GAMMA DIVISION MATCH: Johnny Triumph (1-2, 15%) vs. Diamond (1-2, 15%)

The other half of the Gamma Division logjam becomes undone here. Should be a close one, but I’ve gotta go with the lady on this one. I have a hunch.

Tori’s Prediction: Diamond, via pinfall (Split-Legged Moonsault), 10:10, C

Breaker (1-2, 18%) vs. The British Warrior (2-1, 18%)

The main event has two people who are known in the British Columbia area duking it out. I’m calling this as match of the night, though I wouldn’t be surprised to see Maynard/Skabb steal the show. Also predicting Breaker to even his record up with a win here.

Tori’s Prediction: Breaker, via pinfall (Dream Breaker), 17:10, B-

We come back to the States for week five, so until then this is Tori Montgomery...so long from ringside!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quick Prediction Key: Week Four

Shawn Arrows (1-2, 15%) vs. Sean (1-2, 15%)

Johnny Triumph (1-2, 15%) vs. Diamond (1-2, 15%)

Breaker (1-2, 18%) vs. The British Warrior (2-1, 18%)

TRAINING PM's ARE TO BE RECEIVED BEFORE 8:00 PM EDT June 23 / 1:00 AM BST June 24

PREDICTIONS CLOSE 8:00 PM EDT June 25 / 1:00 AM BST June 26

Losing matches does not make Nuclear Templeton a happy panda... expect pain, pain and more pain, SG!! :p

Shawn Arrows (1-2, 15%) vs. Sean (1-2, 15%)

Johnny Triumph (1-2, 15%) vs. Diamond (1-2, 15%)

Breaker (1-2, 18%) vs. The British Warrior (1-2, 18%)

Archived