"The League"--A Multiplayer Wrestling Spirit II Experience

Anyhow, webpages should be updated. If you think there's a problem, PM me and let me know.

Yeah there's a problem ... I lost a match in the time it took someone to buy a Coke? Can I shank someone? :p

Man, I knew I wasn't gonna win MotN, `cause it seemed so evident, that it was bound not to happen ... but less than 5 minutes? I stink! lol

SGRaaize (1-3, 15%) vs. Shawn Arrows (1-3, 15%)

Nuclear Templeton (3-1, 15%) vs. Maxx Skabb (2-2, 15%)

Tarik Nolan (3-1, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (2-2, 15%)

Breaker (1-3, 15%) vs. Diamond (1-3, 15%)

The British Warrior (3-1, 15%) vs. The Phoenix (1-3, 15%)

CAGE MATCH: Robbie Maynard (4-0, 15%) vs. Sean (2-2, 15%)

OPTIONAL—Exhibition Tag Team Match (does not count towards standings)

Sean and (Johnny Triumph) vs. Shawn Arrows and (Maxx Skabb)

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SGRaaize (1-3, 15%) vs. Shawn Arrows (1-3, 15%)

Nuclear Templeton (3-1, 15%) vs. Maxx Skabb (2-2, 15%)

Tarik Nolan (3-1, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (2-2, 15%)

Breaker (1-3, 15%) vs. Diamond (1-3, 15%)

The British Warrior (3-1, 15%) vs. The Phoenix (1-3, 15%)

CAGE MATCH: Robbie Maynard (4-0, 15%) vs. Sean (2-2, 15%)

OPTIONAL—Exhibition Tag Team Match (does not count towards standings)

Sean and (Diamond) vs. Shawn Arrows and (Johnny Triumph)

-They keep it in GAMMA with Arrows ends up teaming with Triumph as they both wish to avenge losses to Sean. Sean picks Diamond to show arrows that even with a girl as his partner he can still beat him.

SF Got the optional match. Just wanted to let you know I edited, and you can't modkill me. :p

Says who?

MODKILL: moon_lit_tears

moon_lit_tears is dead. She was Diamond, Heel Aligned Scottish Cruiserweight.

It is now Day Phase 5. You have until 8:00 PM EDT on Thursday, July 1 / 1:00 AM BST on Friday, July 2 to send your training PMs to the League Director.

:p Seriously, though, I forgot to add in the deadline, and since the write-up style I'm using now seems to be what will be the norm in future weeks, I'll start allowing an extra day for training since adding snippets of commentary isn't nearly as hard as writing the entire match out (and thus less time on my end is needed).

Also, If anyone else would like to explore the idea of having an exhibition match set up during the season like the one I'm working on with SeanMcG and Arrows, let me know via PM. I've got a second lined up already, so any others may be delayed a week or so.

BREAKING NEWS

Commissioner of "The League" announces change in scheduling

(Tori Montgomery, exclusive to TotalExtremeWrestling.com)

SEATTLE, WASHINGTON: In a brief press conference held earlier today, the de facto man in charge of The League, Commissioner Colt Marshall, announced that the final two weeks of the regular season and both rounds of The League's inaugural playoffs would be delayed by a week.

"After consulting with League medical staff, as well as a fan survey taken by phone over the last two weeks, it has been decided that a 'bye' week will be observed during the week of August 16 - 20, in order to allow the members to recover from any injuries they may have in preparation for the final shows of the year.

"Tickets for the events in question will be honored on the revised date of the show."

More information on this story as it develops.

-----------------------------------------

(And now, for the non-kayfabe version.)

To put it shortly, I will be moving the week of August 16th. Because internet access for a PC may be spotty at best for me throughout the week, I thought it would be easier on all involved to have a one week break while things are straightened out on my end. Thus, Week 13 (originally planned for Aug. 20) will play out on Aug. 27, and regular scheduling will resume afterward.

I am hoping that this is the only time (barring winter, for reasons most of you are already familiar with) I have to delay a show. It's still some time away, but I wanted to be certain to get the word out now so that there are no surprises down the road.

We now return you to your guesswork and politicking for tag team positions, which is already in progress. :cool:

Season One, Week Five:

July 2, 2010

There was tension in the air as all of the last-minute details were taken care of. Eleven men and one woman sat in their respective locker rooms, each of them not being mindful of the others as they prepared for what was to come in their own way.

Some focused on last-minute physical training, wanting to be at their peak physically before they were due to fight.

Others focused on calming themselves mentally, knowing that a calm mind could help them when the chips were down.

Some prepared themselves for the rigors of going through two matches in one night—they knew who they were, and by the end of the night everyone else would as well.

And in one of those locker rooms, a plan for redemption began to form...

THE LEAGUE: WEEK FIVE <object width="28" height="25"><embed src="

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyxBiUbCP8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></object>

Live from Seattle, Washington

The usual pyro-fest starts off the show, as close to 53,000 people have packed Safeco Field for tonight's event. The crowd seems a bit rowdier than usual, given that this is the first League event held on American soil. Signs of all allegiances populate the arena, with a number of them stating that they want to be Sean or Shawn Arrows' tag partner in tonight's exhibition main event. Finally, as always, the camera cuts to ringside and our announce team.

Bob Sinclair: Happy Independence Day, folks, and welcome to week five of The League! Bob Sinclair, sitting at ringside like always alongside my broadcast colleague Frankie Garnett. And after last week, Frankie, you have to wonder if the tempers of Sean and Shawn Arrows are going to hinder their chances at winning their League matches.

Frankie Garnett: You also have to wonder if they will be able to even make it to the tag match tonight, though Sean has the worst end of it, facing the undefeated Robbie Maynard in a steel cage immediately before that match. He had nothing to do with setting up the situation—that was all Arrows, remember—but by the end of the night, it might be Sean who pays the ultimate price.

Bob Sinclair: Speaking of Shawn Arrows, his match is up now, so let's go to the ring to get the show underway!

SGRaaize (1-3) vs. Shawn Arrows (1-3)

Amelia Williams: Our opening contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Portugal, weighing 231 pounds...SGRaaize!

Frankie Garnett: OK, Bob, answer me this. Why in the heck does a technical wrestler have a lariat as a finishing move?

Bob Sinclair: How about you ask him sometime?

Frankie Garnett: And get nowhere due to his constant America-bashing? I'll pass.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Raleigh, North Carolina, weighing 207 pounds...Shawn Arrows!

Frankie Garnett: Got another one for you, Bob. Do you think that, given that Arrows is in the first match and Sean is in the last one, that he planned it this way?

Bob Sinclair: Honestly, I never thought of that, but I could see it happening. The mind games that would follow would be intriguing indeed.

SGRaaize hit the Single Leg Trip

SGRaaize applied the Arm Bar

SGRaaize hit the Knee Pull

Shawn Arrows moved and the Stomp missed!

Shawn Arrows hit the Arm Drag

Shawn Arrows hit the Stomp

Shawn Arrows hit the Seated Back Kick

Shawn Arrows picks up SGRaaize.

Shawn Arrows hit the Eye Gouge

Shawn Arrows hit the Legsweep Snap Pinfall

The referee begins the count...

1!

Kick Out Just Before The Two!

Shawn Arrows hit the Kick To Gut

SGRaaize blocked the Face Plant.

Shawn Arrows hit the Spinning Head Scissors

SGRaaize moved and the Corkscrew Legdrop missed!

SGRaaize hit the Face Stepping

Shawn Arrows broke the Single Leg Grapevine by reaching the ropes.

A stalemate happens as neither competitor can take the advantage.

The Vertical Suplex was countered into a Spinning Head Scissors.

Bob Sinclair: Arrows needs to keep that sort of tactic going—focus on his speed, and keep out of the grasp of Raaize.

Frankie Garnett: Indeed, because Raaize will twist you into a pretzel before trying to knock your head off with his finisher!

SGRaaize moved and the Seated Dropkick missed!

The European Uppercut was countered into a Fallaway Slam.

Shawn Arrows picks up SGRaaize.

The Side Spinning Kick was countered into a Double Leg Trip.

Shawn Arrows blocked the Single Leg Grapevine.

Shawn Arrows recovers and stands up.

SGRaaize hit the Vertical Suplex

Shawn Arrows broke the American Figure Four Leglock.

Shawn Arrows hit the Flying Knee Strike

SGRaaize counters by fighting back.

SGRaaize hit the Triple Forearm Blow

SGRaaize picks up Shawn Arrows.

SGRaaize hit the Hammerlock Kick

The Knee Breaker was countered into a Dropkick.

Shawn Arrows climbs the turnbuckles.

SGRaaize recovers and stands up.

The fans boo Shawn Arrows, wanting to see him take, not give, punishment.

SGRaaize moved and the Second Rope Rana missed!

SGRaaize stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

SGRaaize picks up Shawn Arrows.

SGRaaize hit the Vertical Suplex

SGRaaize picks up Shawn Arrows from behind.

SGRaaize hit the Wheel Barrow Suplex

Shawn Arrows broke the Camel Clutch by reaching the ropes.

Arrows tastes the Portugal Lariat, and could be on the verge of losing!

The crowd start chanting to taunt SGRaaize.

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

The referee's hand starts coming down...

3!

The fans boo, unhappy after a dull match.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, in six minutes and forty seconds...SGRaaize!

Bob Sinclair: And this assuredly is not how Arrows planned this to work out for him.

Frankie Garnett: Part of me thinks this was on purpose; get done the match early, eat the loss if he has to, but otherwise be in excellent shape to get revenge on Sean in the main event of the evening.

Bob Sinclair: You might be on to something there.

ALPHA DIVISION MATCH: Nuclear Templeton (3-1) vs. Maxx Skabb (2-2)

Bob Sinclair: But up next is a re-match that a lot of people are looking forward to, and could easily be a major factor in the race for the Alpha Division lead.

Frankie Garnett: Templeton's been on a tear in recent days, and with the exception of last week, Skabb's been the man to watch. I'm expecting fireworks in this one!

The bell sounds to bring the attention to the ring. Billy Idol’s “Shock to the System” hits, heralding the arrival of the first wrestler.

Amelia Williams: This is an Alpha Division contest scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Atlantic City, New Jersey, weighing 278 pounds...Nuclear Templeton!

Bob Sinclair: Nuclear is honestly one of the surprises for me so far in the season. In a field with mainly technical wrestlers, Templeton has managed to pound his way into a share of the Alpha Division lead, record-wise.

Frankie Garnett: I'd imagine that if he were in the Gamma Division, he'd also be undefeated. That's the luck of the draw for you.

Disturbed’s “The Night” hits, as the opponent walks out with a stoic look on his face.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from the Orange County Correctional Facility, weighing 291 pounds...Maxx Skabb!

Bob Sinclair: Frankie, you've got more people who talk to you. Have you heard any details on how the Maynard/Skabb match ran so quick last week?

Frankie Garnett: No, Bob, I have not. I chalk it up to nerves.

Bob Sinclair: Nerves? When this guy has seen more than most of us care to think about, and you call it nerves?

Frankie Garnett: Eh, sounded good at the time.

Bob Sinclair: ...

Maxx Skabb hit the Punch

Maxx Skabb hit the Throat Thrust

Maxx Skabb hit the Knee Pull

Maxx Skabb hit the Seated Back Kick

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Stomp missed!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Bell Clap

Maxx Skabb blocked the Knee Lift.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Punch

Nuclear Templeton hit the Jab Punch

The Bell Clap was countered into a Power Bodyslam.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Headbutt To Groin.

Nuclear Templeton recovers and stands up.

Maxx Skabb hit the Overhead Fallaway Slam

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Gorilla Press missed!

Maxx Skabb moved and the Snap Driving Elbow missed!

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Headbutt To Groin.

Maxx Skabb hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Maxx Skabb hit the Mounted Elbow Smashes

Frankie Garnett: Hoo, boy, I definitely do not want to be in Templeton's boots tonight. Skabb looks to be about five different shades of angry at the moment.

Bob Sinclair: He's not the Hulk, Frankie. He doesn't change color or size when he gets mad.

Maxx Skabb picks up Nuclear Templeton.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Lethal Injection.

The Double Underhook Bomb was countered into a Bell Clap.

The Discus Clothesline was countered into a Power Bodyslam.

Nuclear Templeton rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Discus Punch

Maxx Skabb moved and the Splash missed!

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Maxx Skabb hit the Headbutt To Groin

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Big Legdrop missed!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Snap Driving Elbow

Nuclear Templeton hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Nuclear Templeton picks up Maxx Skabb.

Maxx Skabb slipped out of the Small Package.

The Over Shoulder Backbreaker Drop was countered into a Bell Clap.

Armageddon has arrived for Skabb, Nuclear hits the Lariat!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at five minutes and fifty seconds...Nuclear Templeton!

Frankie Garnett: Something's definitely wrong with Maxx, Bob. Losing two straight matches in under six minutes? I think he needs to be tested for bull shark testosterone or something.

Bob Sinclair: That's a European thing, Frankie.

Frankie Garnett: And your point?

Backstage: Alliance Formed

Bob Sinclair: ...I'm not about to describe it to you, Frankie. That would take entirely too long.

The camera shifts to just behind the curtain, where Nuclear Templeton has just returned from his win over Maxx Skabb. The camera follows him through the backstage area, and as Templeton nears his locker room the camera picks up someone leaning against the door, watching for him.

Shawn Arrows: 'Bout time you showed up.

There's a pause as the two men stare at each other.

Nuclear Templeton: I know why you're here, Arrows. The answer is "yes."

Shawn Arrows: Thought you would say that. I'll see you out there.

Arrows moves away from the door, walking off-camera as Nuclear follows him with a level stare.

Frankie Garnett: Arrows has found his partner for tonight! The question now is can Sean find a partner to combat the nigh-unstoppable force that Templeton has become?

Tarik Nolan (3-1) vs. Johnny Triumph (2-2)

Bob Sinclair: I have my guesses, but there's no time for that at the moment. It's time for our next bout; let's send it to Amelia.

”Regulate” hits the speakers, signaling the arrival of the first man in the match tonight and cutting off the speculation of the announcers once again.

Amelia Williams: This contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Shreveport, Louisiana, weighing 292 pounds...Tarik Nolan!

Bob Sinclair: Nolan had a slow start, losing to Robbie Maynard week one, but has bounced back considerably and currently is in solid contention for the wild card spot in the playoffs.

Frankie Garnett: Never mind that he's as boring as paint drying. The guy cannot entertain people to save his life!

Amelia Williams: His opponent...from Des Moines, Iowa, weighing 228 pounds...Johnny Triumph!

Bob Sinclair: Triumph coming in off a two-match win streak after dropping his first two. He also comes in as the most entertaining member of the roster, according to a fan survey poll.

Frankie Garnett: Oh, thank God. This might not be as boring as I thought!

Johnny Triumph hit the Slap To Chest

Johnny Triumph hit the Punch

Tarik Nolan rushed the Single Leg Trip.

Tarik Nolan hit the Toss To Corner

Tarik Nolan hit the Ten Turnbuckle Smashes

Johnny Triumph slipped out of the Choke Hold.

Johnny Triumph hit the Eye Gouge

Johnny Triumph hit the Elbow Strike

The Side Headlock was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Tarik Nolan hit the Face Rub

Tarik Nolan hit the Seated Kick

Johnny Triumph blocked the Headbutt To Groin.

Johnny Triumph recovers and stands up.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Bear Hug. This is the second block in a row, and Johnny Triumph takes control.

Johnny Triumph hit the Punch

Tarik Nolan took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Johnny Triumph broke the Short Arm Clothesline.

Johnny Triumph hit the Knife Edge Chop

Johnny Triumph hit the Single Leg Trip

Johnny Triumph hit the Knee Pull

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Tarik Nolan broke the Single Leg Boston Crab.

Tarik Nolan hit the Face Plant

The Bear Hug was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Johnny Triumph applied the Camel Clutch

Bob Sinclair: At least for the first part of the match, Triumph has been in control. If he can keep Nolan grounded, he'll have a marked advantage over the larger man.

Frankie Garnett: Of course, if he allows Nolan to his feet, Triumph's gonna get knocked for a loop.

Bob Sinclair: ...that was my point.

The referee checks the submission...

It seems to be locked in!

Escaped!

Tarik Nolan blocked the Hammerlock Kick.

Tarik Nolan blocked the DDT. This is the second block in a row, and Tarik Nolan takes control.

Johnny Triumph broke the Short Arm Clothesline.

Johnny Triumph hit the Forearm Strike Flurry

Tarik Nolan blocked the Gutwrench Suplex.

Johnny Triumph hit the Hammerlock Kick

Tarik Nolan counters by reversing on Johnny Triumph.

Tarik Nolan hit the Corner Clothesline

Tarik Nolan picks up Johnny Triumph from behind.

Johnny Triumph slipped out of the Head Vice.

Johnny Triumph climbs the turnbuckles.

Johnny Triumph hit the Flying Forearm Strike

The Horns of Victory was countered into a Low Blow.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Headbutt To Groin.

Tarik Nolan picks up Johnny Triumph.

Tarik Nolan hit the Front Slam

Tarik Nolan hit the Running Knee Lift

Tarik Nolan hit the Headbutt To Groin

The referee was not happy with that move.

The fans boo Tarik Nolan, trying to distract him.

Frankie Garnett: Boo all you want, people. Nolan gives zero cares for your wants or needs; he's here to wreck people and walk away.

Bob Sinclair: Wait, not even ten minutes ago you were saying that he was boring.

Frankie Garnett: Oh, he is. But since winning is more important than entertainment, that makes Nolan successful in my book.

Johnny Triumph rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

The Forearm Strike Flurry was countered into a Punch.

Tarik Nolan hit the Pump Kick

Johnny Triumph blocked the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Regulator.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Released German Suplex. This is the second block in a row, and Johnny Triumph takes control.

The Triple Forearm Blow was countered into a Press Powerslam.

1!

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the Press Powerslam.

Tarik Nolan moved and the Field Goal Low Blow missed!

The crowd is solidly against Tarik Nolan, trying to get him to lose his cool.

Johnny Triumph rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

Johnny Triumph hit the DDT

Johnny Triumph picks up Tarik Nolan from behind.

The Running Knee Lift was countered into a Running Clothesline.

Johnny Triumph has Nolan locked in the Horns of Victory!

Will This Be It?

A short struggle ends with the escape!

Frankie Garnett: Triumph couldn't get his fingers laced under the chin there, Bob. If he had gotten a good grip, this match would be over right now!

Bob Sinclair: I have to think you are correct on that, Frankie. The fans certainly thought it was over, and with this ovation you'd think Ken Griffey, Jr. had just won the World Series with a walk-off grand slam!

Johnny Triumph hit the Triple Forearm Blow

Johnny Triumph picks up Tarik Nolan from behind.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Spinebuster.

Tarik Nolan hit the Powerslam

Tarik Nolan whips Johnny Triumph to the corner.

Tarik Nolan hit the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry

Johnny Triumph slipped out of the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Johnny Triumph hit the Forearm Strike Flurry

Tarik Nolan broke the Hammerlock Kick.

Johnny Triumph slipped out of the Press Powerslam.

Johnny Triumph hit the Gutwrench Suplex

The Single Leg Grapevine was countered into a Low Blow.

The referee is furious at that breach of the rules.

Frankie Garnett: Personally, I think Triumph is even unhappier with that move.

Bob Sinclair: Oy, vey....

Tarik Nolan stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

Tarik Nolan hit the Press Powerslam

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Tarik Nolan used the Slit Throat Motion

Tarik Nolan hit the Press Powerslam

1!

Johnny Triumph blocked the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Tarik Nolan used the Power Taunt

Tarik Nolan hit the Released German Suplex

Tarik Nolan used the Slit Throat Motion

Tarik Nolan hits the Regulator! It's the beginning of the end....

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

The fans start a chant of 'That Was Awesome'.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of fifteen and a half minutes: Tarik Nolan!

Frankie Garnett: Nolan moves to 4-1, and Triumph is able to coax a match of the season candidate from his opponent in the end!

Bob Sinclair: Give Nolan credit, too—he knew when to press his advantage and it showed. That will put us halfway through tonight's card, with some solid matches all around. Frankie, your thoughts?

Frankie Garnett: All right...what's the deal with "grunge rock?" I mean, how cool can it be if you're wearing a lumberjack's hand-me-downs?

Bob Sinclair: I should have expected that. Way to class up the show, Frankie.

Frankie Garnett: Look, all I'm saying is--

Bob Sinclair: Hold that thought, Frankie. I'm being told that we need to turn our attention back to the locker room area.

Frankie Garnett: Again? For the love of...actually, wait. I hope it's the delivery guy with my frappa-cappa-double-grande-espresso!

Backstage: Criminal Intent

The scene shifts to the locker room area, where Robbie Maynard is seen sitting on the bench finalizing preparations for his main-event clash with Sean in the steel cage tonight. He just finishes getting his boots laced when the door nearly gets knocked off its' hinges by a raving madman in an orange jumpsuit. The intruder almost seems to be frothing at the mouth as he recklessly swings a chair, just missing Maynard as he dives off of the bench where the chair impacted.

Maxx Skabb: You think you can luck yourself a victory, and walk away with no repercussions? You think you can swindle your way out of a legitimate match with me? No way, Maynard!

Another Maxx Skabb swing misses, this time as Maynard darts to the side and allows the chair to slam into the cement wall. Seizing the opportunity, Maynard runs forward, his shoulder buried deep in the gut of the criminal and sending the two of them into the lockers along the adjacent wall. Maynard tries to shift his weight to get Skabb into the air for some sort of maneuver, but Skabb wants no part of that as hammering forearms and punches rain down on the exposed back of the undefeated warrior. The room suddenly gets a lot noisier, as security comes in to pull the two enraged combatants apart. Their stares say everything that needs to be said...well, almost.

Robbie Maynard: This isn't over, Skabb!

This brings a grin to Skabb's face, and in the next moment he's pushed his way through security and towards the now-abandoned chair. Picking it up, time seems to slow to a crawl as he pivots on his left foot, bringing the weapon in at almost a right angle to Maynard's face. He could not have placed it much better, as the flat of the chair crashes against the temple of the undefeated wrestler. Maynard goes down in a heap as the officials now surround Skabb, pushing him out of the locker room. The inmate smiles evilly, tossing the chair and nearly hitting Maynard with it again as he lets himself be pushed out.

Maxx Skabb: No, Maynard...it's over when I say it is!

Skabb's laugh echoes in the small room as the camera quickly cuts back to ringside. Bob Sinclair's face is a mask of horrified shock.

Frankie Garnett: Hey, wait a minute...where's the monkey with my coffee?

Bob Sinclair: I...almost cannot believe what I just saw. Tempers are flaring rapidly just five weeks into the season, and if things are bad now I shudder to imagine how much worse they can get! On top of which, you know Maynard isn't going to let this go without a fight.

Frankie Garnett: Looks like Skabb gave that Star a bang for his Buck, Bob.

Frankie Garnett: See what I did there, Bob? Star...buck...Starbucks?

Bob Sinclair: Seriously, Frankie? Are you proud of yourself?

Frankie Garnett: A little, yeah!

Bob Sinclair: Why does that not surprise me...?

Breaker (1-3) vs. Diamond (1-3)

Amelia Williams: Our next match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, weighing 251 pounds...Breaker!

Bob Sinclair: Breaker's been a bit underwhelming this season. His only win came at the hands of SGRaaize back in week one; he desperately needs a win to have any hope of reaching the postseason.

Frankie Garnett: Somehow, I like his chances tonight.

Diamond’s music hits, bringing some of the crowd to their feet as she emerges, a look of pure vitriol on her face.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Aberdeen, Scotland, weighing 132 pounds...Diamond!

Bob Sinclair: Diamond's also had a rough go of it this season, but her lone win is also the only loss suffered so far by the Alpha Division-leading British Warrior.

Frankie Garnett: Everyone's allowed a bit of luck, Bob. Even you.

Breaker hit the Elbow Strike

Breaker hit the Bell Clap

Breaker hit the Eye Gouge

Breaker hit the Fireman's Spin

Breaker hit the Face Stepping

Breaker hit the Face Rub

Breaker hit the Splash

The Snap Driving Elbow was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Diamond hit the Face Stepping

The referee warns that that was illegal.

Diamond hit the Face Rub

Diamond hit the Stomp

Diamond hit the Legdrop To Groin

Diamond picks up Breaker from behind.

Diamond hit the Running Dropkick

Diamond hit the Rolling Senton

Diamond used the Stripper Dance

Frankie Garnett: Wait a minute…is Breaker trying to look through Diamond's ring attire?

Bob Sinclair: Will you get your head out of the gutter, this is a family show!

Diamond hit the Flip Legdrop

The crowd start chanting to taunt Diamond.

Breaker rushed the Top Rope Point.

Diamond broke the DDT.

Breaker moved and the Jawjacker missed!

Diamond blocked the Face Plant.

Breaker hit the Vertical Lift Spinebuster

1!

Kick Out!

Breaker hit the DDT

Breaker picks up Diamond.

Diamond slipped out the back of the 99 Crusher.

Diamond climbs the turnbuckles.

Breaker moved and the Top Rope Diving Rana missed!

The crowd start a chant for Breaker.

Diamond broke the Small Package.

Breaker saw it coming, and ducked the Hell Fire Kick!

Breaker hit the Powerbomb

Frankie Garnett: There is just so much wrong with that image.

Bob Sinclair: Look, am I going to have to bar you from the announce table during Diamond's matches now?

Breaker climbs the turnbuckles.

Diamond shook the ropes to stop the Second Rope Knee Drop.

Breaker counters by kicking Diamond away.

Breaker hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Breaker hit the Headbutt To Groin

Breaker used the Slit Throat Motion

Diamond counters by fighting back.

Diamond hit the Missile Dropkick

Diamond picks up Breaker from behind.

Diamond hit the Top Rope Diving Rana

Breaker counters by fighting back.

Diamond slipped out of the Dream Breaker.

The Springboard Rana was countered into a Vertical Lift Spinebuster.

Frankie Garnett: Diamond forgot commandment number six!

Bob Sinclair: "Thou shalt not kill?"

Frankie Garnett: No, you idiot. "Thou shalt not jump at a big man!"

1!

Breaker hit the Small Package

1!

Diamond broke the Dream Breaker by falling on top.

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

Kick Out At The Last Second!

Breaker moved and the Dropkick To Knee missed!

Diamond rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

Breaker saw it coming, and ducked the Hell Fire Kick!

Dream Breaker! Diamond is in a world of trouble!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of nine minutes and fifty seconds...Breaker!

Bob Sinclair: For a bit there, I thought Diamond had it won!

Frankie Garnett: So sad, too bad, try again next week!

Bob Sinclair: You have no shame, do you?

Frankie Garnett: Nope!

ALPHA DIVISION MATCH: The British Warrior (3-1) vs. The Phoenix (1-3)

It is to the sound of silence that the first wrestler of the match walks to the ring, seemingly not disturbed by the fact that the arena didn't have his choice of theme music available.

Amelia Williams: This is an Alpha Division match, scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from the United Kingdom, weighing 243 pounds...The British Warrior!

Bob Sinclair: This will be a rematch of the League's first-ever match, a match that Warrior won in just under ten minutes.

Frankie Garnett: So another match where Phoenix underperforms. Got it.

The sounds of “The Instinct” hit the arena, as the largest competitor in The League walks out.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from the End of Nowhere, weighing 367 pounds...The Phoenix!

Bob Sinclair: I've heard rumors in the back about how Phoenix should have just stayed retired, that he is tarnishing his legacy by having a rough season.

Frankie Garnett: That would require one to have a legacy to begin with.

The Phoenix blocked the Single Leg Trip.

The British Warrior hit the Kick To Thigh

The British Warrior hit the Punch

The British Warrior hit the Open Handed Slap

The British Warrior applied the Front Facelock

The British Warrior hit the Slap To Chest

The Phoenix moved and the Open Handed Slap missed!

The Phoenix applied the Front Facelock

The Punch was countered into a Palm Thrust.

The British Warrior applied the Front Facelock

The British Warrior hit the Elbow Strike

The Dropkick To Knee was countered into a Single Leg Trip.

The Phoenix hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

The Phoenix applied the Arm Bar

The British Warrior slipped out the back of the Knee Pull.

The British Warrior hit the Hammerlock Kick

The British Warrior hit the Diving DDT

The British Warrior hit the Splash

The Phoenix blocked the Figure Four Leglock.

Bob Sinclair: Warrior almost had the match won there; I'd have to say that would have been a major upset.

Frankie Garnett: I would have said that I expected it, but that's me.

The British Warrior picks up The Phoenix from behind.

The Phoenix counters by reversing on The British Warrior.

The Phoenix hit the Forearm Strike

The Kick To Gut was countered into a Single Leg Boston Crab.

The British Warrior climbs the turnbuckles.

The British Warrior hit the Second Rope Knee Drop

The Phoenix blocked the Figure Four Leglock.

The British Warrior picks up The Phoenix.

The British Warrior hit the Dropkick To Knee

The Phoenix moved and the Flying Double Axe Handle missed!

The Phoenix hit the Punch

The Phoenix hit the Vertical Suplex

The Phoenix picks up The British Warrior from behind.

The British Warrior slipped out the back of the Side Explosion Suplex.

The British Warrior climbs down off the top rope.

The British Warrior hit the Thrust Kick

The British Warrior picks up The Phoenix.

The Phoenix broke the Hammerlock Kick.

The British Warrior blocked the Hammerlock Shoulder Breaker.

The Phoenix hit the Side Explosion Suplex

Bob Sinclair: Phoenix showing some signs of life here, but he needs to chain together a few more moves if he wants to take full advantage of the opportunity he's gotten.

Frankie Garnett: Don't waste your breath. He won't.

The British Warrior blocked the Camel Clutch.

The British Warrior broke the Single Leg Boston Crab.

The Phoenix shook the ropes to stop the Flying Double Axe Handle.

The Phoenix throws The British Warrior off the top rope.

The fans cheer for The Phoenix, trying to get him to take it up a level.

The British Warrior slipped out of the Rear Crossface Blows.

The Phoenix moved and the Dropkick To Knee missed!

The British Warrior slipped out of the Eternal Requiem.

The Strong Knife Edge Chop was countered into a Knife Edge Chop.

The British Warrior counters by fighting back.

The Phoenix hit the Shoulder Tackle

The British Warrior blocked the Camel Clutch.

The Phoenix hit the Knee Pull

The Phoenix applied the Camel Clutch

Will This Be It?

A short struggle ends with the escape!)

Bob Sinclair: I can only imagine how much that would hurt, being trapped in that move with a guy his size sitting on your back.

The British Warrior broke the Capture Suplex.

The Phoenix broke the Figure Four Leglock by reaching the ropes.

The Phoenix blocked the Hammerlock Kick.

The Phoenix moved and the Dropkick To Knee missed!

The Phoenix hit the Slingshot Suplex

1!

2!

Kick Out!

The British Warrior slipped out of the Camel Clutch.

The British Warrior hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

The British Warrior applied the Sleeper Hold

The fans try to help The British Warrior by chanting his name.

The Strong Knife Edge Chop was countered into a Knife Edge Chop.

The Phoenix picks up The British Warrior.

The Phoenix takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

The Phoenix hit the Capture Suplex

The British Warrior broke the Eternal Requiem by reaching the ropes.

Bob Sinclair: I thought Phoenix had him there! How did Warrior manage to get to the ropes?!

Frankie Garnett: Because Phoenix sucks, Bob. Plain and simple.

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Slap To Chest.

The British Warrior recovers and stands up.

The Phoenix leaves the ring.

The referee begins counting the competitors out.

The British Warrior blocked the Capture Suplex.

The Phoenix drags The British Warrior back into the ring.

The Phoenix climbs the turnbuckles.

The Phoenix climbs down off the top rope.

The Phoenix whips The British Warrior to the corner.

The Phoenix hit the Corner Clothesline

The British Warrior broke the Camel Clutch.

The British Warrior has the Figure Four locked in! Is it over for Phoenix?

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

The referee has called for the bell!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of an even seventeen minutes...The British Warrior!

Frankie Garnett: Told you so.

Bob Sinclair: Warrior had to fight for it, though, and he joins Templeton on top of the Alpha Division with a 4-1 record!

CAGE MATCH: Robbie Maynard (4-0) vs. Sean (2-2)

Spotlights in the arena point to the ceiling, as the steel cage is lowered from the rafters.

Frankie Garnett: Now this is one I'm waiting for. Sean has a match here, and then has to turn right around and be in what appears to be a handicap match.

Bob Sinclair: Why do you say that?

Frankie Garnett: We haven't heard who his partner is going to be! Remember, Commissioner Marshall stated that if someone couldn't find a partner, it would become a handicap match!

Bob Sinclair: That may be, but I think right now that Sean has other matters on his mind. With the cage ready, let's go to Amelia to get us underway.

Amelia Williams: Our next contest is a steel cage match, in which the only way to win is to escape the cage and have both feet touch the floor! Introducing first, coming down the aisle...from Liverpool, England, weighing 251 pounds...Robbie Maynard!

Bob Sinclair: So what do you think, Frankie? Can Maynard go 5-for-5?

Frankie Garnett: He's got as good a chance as anyone. The humanoids online seem to think he's got a 50% chance to do it, anyway.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing 230 pounds...Sean!

Bob Sinclair: Sean striding to the ring with hardly a care in the world, it seems like. Look at the smirk on his face; does he know something we don't?

Frankie Garnett: What, that you're a mama's boy? We all knew that already, Bob.

Bob Sinclair: Will you stop?!

Robbie Maynard hit the Forearm Blow

Robbie Maynard hit the Punch

Sean slipped out of the Front Facelock.

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

Sean hit the Forearm Blow

Sean applied the Front Facelock

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

Sean hit the Forearm Blow

The Side Headlock was countered into a Forearm Blow.

Sean slipped out the back of the Side Headlock.

Sean hit the Forearm To Back

Sean applied the Top Wrist Lock

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

Sean hit the Forearm Strike

Sean hit the Vertical Suplex

Sean applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Robbie Maynard blocked the Legdrop To Groin.

Sean hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

Bob Sinclair: Sean has dominated this match so far; but can Maynard gain control after having gotten out of the submission finisher?

Frankie Garnett: Why does he go for it? Submissions don't count!

Bob Sinclair: Simple, if you make the opponent focus so much on the pain that he can't stop you, it's all over.

Frankie Garnett: Seems pointless to me, but whatever.

Sean moved and the Forearm To Back missed!

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Head And Arm Suplex.

Robbie Maynard hit the Running Clothesline

Robbie Maynard hit the Stomp

Robbie Maynard picks up Sean.

Robbie Maynard hit the Open Handed Slap

Robbie Maynard hit the Eye Gouge

Sean took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Eye Gouge.

Robbie Maynard hit the Vertical Suplex

Sean slipped out of the Single Leg Boston Crab.

Sean hit the Small Package

Robbie Maynard broke the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

The Vertical Suplex was countered into a Punch.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Head And Arm Suplex.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Small Package. This is the second block in a row, and Robbie Maynard takes control.

The Dropkick To Knee was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Mounted Punch Flurry.

Robbie Maynard recovers and stands up.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Head And Arm Suplex. This is the second block in a row, and Robbie Maynard takes control.

Robbie Maynard hit the Face Plant

Robbie Maynard applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Robbie Maynard picks up Sean from behind.

Robbie Maynard hit the Dropkick To Knee

The Headbutt To Groin was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Sean picks up Robbie Maynard from behind.

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the German Suplex.

Robbie Maynard hit the Back Suplex

Robbie Maynard applied the Stop the Ferry

He is trying to escape...

Could this be the end?

He is easily caught!

Bob Sinclair: Not enough damage done to Sean yet. It almost looks like Robbie's panicking a bit, Frankie. I think he knows his streak is in trouble.

Frankie Garnett: Eh, give it time. He'll pull it out.

Robbie Maynard hit the Small Package

Robbie Maynard picks up Sean.

Robbie Maynard hit the Head And Arm Suplex

Could this be the end?

He is easily caught!

Robbie Maynard stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

It's gotta be over, Robbie Maynard hits the Merseyside Maul!

Could this be the end?

He is getting closer!

He gets caught before he was halfway!

Bob Sinclair: Sean with a second wind to get back into the match! That was Maynard's best chance at escape yet, and Sean wasn't wasting time!

Sean rushed the Spirit Roar.

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Elbow Strike.

The Merseyside Maul was countered into a Forearm Blow.

Sean hit the Capture Suplex

Sean picks up Robbie Maynard from behind.

Robbie Maynard blocked the German Suplex.

Sean hit the Back Suplex

Sean applied the Modified Figure Four Leglock

Could this be the end?

He is getting closer!

He is almost there!

He hits the floor!

The fans applaud after seeing a very good match.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at eleven minutes even...Sean!

Bob Sinclair: He did it! Sean ends the summer of perfection for Robbie Maynard!

Frankie Garnett: The summer of what?

Bob Sinclair: ...never mind. But that win seems to have rejuvenated Sean, he looks ready to tear someone apart!

Frankie Garnett: But is he going to face Arrows and Templeton alone?

As Maynard rolls out of the ring, the figures of Shawn Arrows and Nuclear Templeton appear on the ramp, and walk to the ring. Sean's opponents slide into the ring as Sean slowly circles the ring, his eyes never leaving the pair in the ring. Arrows walks over to a corner and picks up the microphone.

Shawn Arrows: Well, Sean? Couldn't find anyone to team up with you? Pathetic. I'm going to enjoy--

Sean holds up one hand outside the ring, stopping Arrows in mid-sentence before looking to the ramp and waving his other hand once.

"Oh...it's time to rock and roll..." <object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stz1BfSNCUc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></object>

Bob Sinclair: This is a surprise! I was expecting Tarik Nolan!

Frankie Garnett: I was thinking British Warrior, but yeah, I agree. Maybe Sean's saying that he can beat the two of them even with the handicap of a female partner?

Bob Sinclair: Dammit, Frankie, that was uncalled for! But in any event, I've been told that this will be a two out of three falls contest!

Sean and Diamond enter the ring, as the referee steps in between the two teams to make sure they each send a member outside. Nuclear promptly steps onto the apron in his team's corner, and after a moment Diamond does likewise.

EXHIBITION TAG TEAM MATCH: 2 OUT OF 3 FALLS

Sean & Diamond vs. Shawn Arrows & Nuclear Templeton

Sean and Shawn Arrows are the legal competitors.

Sean hit the Knife Edge Chop

Shawn Arrows blocked the Elbow Drop On Knee.

Sean hit the European Uppercut

Sean hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

Shawn Arrows slipped out the back of the Mounted Punch Flurry.

Shawn Arrows hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

1!

The Kick To Gut was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Shawn Arrows slipped out of the Rear Naked Punch Flurry.

The Spinning Backhand Blow was countered into a Knife Edge Chop.

Shawn Arrows counters by fighting back.

Shawn Arrows hit the Punch

1!

Shawn Arrows hit the Kick To Gut

Shawn Arrows hit the Side Spinning Kick

Shawn Arrows tags out to Nuclear Templeton.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Face Plant

Sean slipped out the back of the Giant Swing.

Sean tags out to Diamond.

Bob Sinclair: After a balanced opening, let's see what the partners can do here.

Frankie Garnett: Calling Nuclear wrecking Diamond. That simple.

Diamond and Nuclear Templeton are the two legal competitors.

Diamond hit the Legsweep Kick

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Seated Back Kick missed!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Elbow Strike

Nuclear Templeton hit the Bell Clap

Nuclear Templeton hit the Punch Flurry

Nuclear Templeton hit the Stomp

Nuclear Templeton hit the Knee Drop

Nuclear Templeton hit the Snap Driving Elbow

Nuclear Templeton hit the Giant Swing

Nuclear Templeton is in total control of this match at the moment, and knows it.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Splash

Nuclear Templeton picks up Diamond from behind.

Diamond blocked the Back Suplex Pin.

Nuclear Templeton whips Diamond to the corner.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry

Nuclear Templeton climbs the turnbuckles.

Nuclear Templeton waits as Diamond stands.

Nuclear Templeton climbs down off the top rope.

Diamond hit the Punch

Diamond applied the Front Facelock

Diamond tags out to Sean.

Bob Sinclair: Timely tag there, Diamond was in a world of trouble and knew she had to get out of Dodge.

Frankie Garnett: Well, I called it. I am on a roll tonight!

Sean and Nuclear Templeton are the legal competitors.)

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

Sean hit the Side Headlock Takedown

The fans boo Sean, wanting to see him take, not give, punishment.

Sean hit the Knee Pull

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Seated Back Dropkick missed!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Overhead Fallaway Slam

The Snap Driving Elbow was countered into a Low Blow.

Nuclear Templeton counters by fighting back.

Sean blocked the Inverted Atomic Drop.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Overhead Fallaway Slam

Sean counters by fighting back.

Sean hit the Dropkick To Knee

Nuclear Templeton slipped out the back of the Belly To Belly Suplex.

Nuclear Templeton throws Sean to ringside.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Baseball Slide To Arm

Nuclear Templeton picks up Sean from behind.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Back Suplex

The referee reaches the halfway point of his count.

Nuclear Templeton picks up Sean.

The referee is almost ready to count both competitors out.

Nuclear Templeton drags Sean back into the ring.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Powerbomb

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Gutwrench Suplex.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Short Arm Clothesline.

The Small Package was countered into a Forearm Strike.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Head And Arm Suplex.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Capture Suplex.

Sean blocked the Face Plant.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Small Package

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Nuclear Templeton tags out to Shawn Arrows.

Bob Sinclair: And we're back to where we started. This has been a decent match so far, Frankie.

Frankie Garnett: For something put together last week, I have to agree with you, and so do the humanoids in the audience here!

Shawn Arrows hit the Running Dropkick

Shawn Arrows hit the Half Senton Bomb

Sean blocked the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Shawn Arrows hit the Slingshot Legdrop

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Sean broke the Super Shot DDT.

Shawn Arrows blocked the Belly To Belly Suplex.

Shawn Arrows blocked the Face Plant. This is the second block in a row, and Shawn Arrows takes control.

The Flying Body Press was countered into a Dropkick.

Sean picks up Shawn Arrows.

Sean tags out to Diamond.

Bob Sinclair: Quick tags here, it seems like Diamond and Sean know each other rather well and are using that to their advantage.

Frankie Garnett: Templeton and Arrows are going to have to step it up if they want a shot at the first fall.

Diamond and Shawn Arrows are the legal competitors.

Diamond hit the Dropkick To Knee

Diamond hit the Spinning Head Scissors

Diamond used the Top Rope Point

Shawn Arrows shook the ropes to stop the Sky Twister Press.

Shawn Arrows throws Diamond off the top rope.

The Arabian Press was countered into a Low Blow.

Diamond hit the Slingshot Legdrop

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Shawn Arrows moved and the Flying Clothesline missed!

Shawn Arrows hit the Seated Knuckle Punches

Shawn Arrows hit the Flying Double Footed Stomp

Shawn Arrows picks up Diamond.

Diamond blocked the Sunset Flip Bomb.

The Backflip Kick was countered into a Legsweep Snap Pinfall.

1!

Kick Out!

The Arabian Press was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Diamond picks up Shawn Arrows from behind.

Diamond hit the Springboard Rana

Shawn Arrows moved and the Slingshot Legdrop missed!

Shawn Arrows picks up Diamond from behind.

Diamond blocked the Sleeper Hold Neckbreaker.

The Running Dropkick was countered into a Dropkick.

Diamond used the Standing Moonsault

1!

Hell Fire Kick! Hell Fire Kick! Hell Fire Kick!

Diamond picks up Shawn Arrows from behind.

Shawn Arrows moved and the Arabian Press missed!

Shawn Arrows waits as Diamond stands.

The Moonsault Press was countered into a Women's Spear.

Bob Sinclair: Holy crap! I didn't think you were supposed to bend that way! Arrows just got leveled in a defenseless position by Diamond!

Frankie Garnett: ...OK, I'll give the girl credit. She did good.

Diamond and Shawn Arrows are still the legal pair.

Diamond picks up Shawn Arrows.

Arrows saw it coming, and ducked the Hell Fire Kick!

Diamond shook the ropes to stop the Corkscrew Leg Lariat.

Diamond throws Shawn Arrows off the top rope.

Diamond used the Standing Moonsault

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Shawn Arrows blocked the Rana Pinfall.

The Backflip Kick was countered into a Legsweep Snap Pinfall.

1!

Kick Out!

Diamond blocked the Spinning Head Scissors.

Shawn Arrows hit the Sunset Flip Bomb

1!

Shawn Arrows tags out to Nuclear Templeton.

Bob Sinclair: And Arrows finally makes the tag; unless Diamond can get out of there shortly her team could be down 1-0 in a hurry.

Diamond and Nuclear Templeton are the two legal competitors.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Discus Punch

Nuclear Templeton picks up Diamond.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Discus Clothesline

Nuclear Templeton picks up Diamond.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Pump Kick

Diamond hit the Women's DDT

Nuclear Templeton shook the ropes to stop the Split-Legged Moonsault.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Superplex

1!

The Armageddon Lariat was countered into a Face Plant.

Nuclear saw it coming, and ducked the Hell Fire Kick!

The Flying Double Axe Handle was countered into a Women's Spear.

Diamond hit the Flying Elbow Drop

Nuclear Templeton shook the ropes to stop the Split-Legged Moonsault.

Nuclear Templeton throws Diamond off the top rope.

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Arabian Press missed!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Splash

Diamond slipped out of the Mounted Punch Flurry.

Diamond slipped out the back of the Small Package.

Diamond hit the Dropkick To Outside

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Nuclear Warhead Plancha missed!

Frankie Garnett: HOLY—

Bob Sinclair: Diamond just went over the rope, and just fell 15 feet, stomach first, onto the concrete surrounding the ring! The sound of that was sickening!

Frankie Garnett: That's it, she's dead. Roll her in the ring, get the easy pins, and let's go home already.

Diamond and Nuclear Templeton are still the two legal competitors.

Nuclear Templeton applied the Nerve Pinch

The fans cheer for Nuclear Templeton, trying to get him to take it up a level.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Back Suplex Pin

The crowd start a chant for Nuclear Templeton.

Both competitors return to the ring before they are counted out.

The fans try to help Nuclear Templeton by chanting his name.

Diamond slipped out of the Small Package.

The Armageddon Lariat was countered into a Dropkick To Knee.

Diamond tags out to Sean.

Bob Sinclair: Diamond finally getting out of the ring with that tag. It was long overdue.

Frankie Garnett: But did she do enough to help her team earn a fall?

Sean and Nuclear Templeton are your legal competitors.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

Sean climbs the turnbuckles.

Sean hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Nuclear Templeton broke the Small Package by falling on top.

1!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Powerbomb

Sean slipped out of the Back Suplex Pin.

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Dropkick To Knee missed!

The Pump Kick was countered into a Kick To Gut.

Nuclear Templeton counters by reversing on Sean.

The High Knee was countered into a Vertical Body Press.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

The Small Package was countered into a Forearm Blow.

1!

2!

Kick Out!

The Flying Body Press was countered into a Samoan Drop.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Modified Figure Four Leglock by reaching the ropes.

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Capture Suplex.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out of the Head And Arm Suplex.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Blindside High Knee

Bob Sinclair: Arrows back into the match now that Sean has been forced out to ringside.

Frankie Garnett: Picking one's spots is the proper thing to do in the ring, Bob. I expect Arrows to do something big here.

Shawn Arrows waits as Sean stands.

Shawn Arrows climbs down off the top rope.

Shawn Arrows leaves the ring.

Shawn Arrows hit the Ring Post Smash

Shawn Arrows takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

Shawn Arrows picks up Sean.

The Chair Shot To Head was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Sean hit the Slingshot Suplex

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Shawn Arrows blocked the Capture Suplex.

The crowd start chanting to taunt Sean.

Sean hit the Head And Arm Suplex

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Time of First Fall: 38:50.

Sean/Diamond lead the match, one fall to none.

Bob Sinclair: Arrows just landed the wrong way there, and Sean picks up the first decision!

Frankie Garnett: So how is this working, Bob? Does Arrows stay in or—

Nuclear Templeton enters the ring.

Frankie Garnett: Guess that answers my question.

Sean and Nuclear Templeton are the legal competitors.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out the back of the Small Package.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Sean hit the Head And Arm Suplex

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

The Flying Body Press was countered into a Samoan Drop.

Sean recovers and stands up.

Nuclear Templeton climbs down off the top rope.

Nuclear Templeton picks up Sean.

The Armageddon Lariat was countered into a Hot Shot.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out the back of the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

Bob Sinclair: Is Arrows up to this again? He's had very little time to rest since losing the first fall.

Frankie Garnett: And why isn't Sean tagging in Diamond? She looks ready to go over there!

Bob Sinclair: It's the adrenaline, Frankie. Sean's on too much of a roll to stop now!

Shawn Arrows hit the Dropkick To Outside

Sean moved and the Plancha Dive missed!

Sean hit the Flying Body Press

Shawn Arrows slipped out the back of the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

Sean shook the ropes to stop the Flying Body Press.

Sean throws Shawn Arrows off the top rope.

Sean hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Shawn Arrows blocked the Small Package.

Shawn Arrows blocked the Head And Arm Suplex. This is the second block in a row, and Shawn Arrows takes control.

Sean broke the Super Shot DDT.

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

Amelia Williams: By a count of two falls to none, here are your winners at forty-four and a half minutes...the team of Sean and Diamond!

Frankie Garnett: Ok, I'll admit it. That was a hell of a match, Bob!

Bob Sinclair: And on that note, we're out of time tonight! See you next week from St. Louis!

QUICK SUMMARY

1. SGRaaize def. Shawn Arrows via pinfall (Portugal Lariat)

* Time of Match: 6:40

* Match Grade: D

* Winner's Offense: 59%

2. Nuclear Templeton def. Maxx Skabb via pinfall (Armageddon Lariat)

* Time of Match: 5:50

* Match Grade: C-

* Winner's Offense: 47%

3. Tarik Nolan def. Johnny Triumph via pinfall (Regulator)

* Time of Match: 15:30

* Match Grade: A*

* Winner's Offense: 60%

* This is the Match of the Night, as it was a non-exhibition match.

4. Breaker def. Diamond via pinfall (Dream Breaker)

* Time of Match: 9:30

* Match Grade: C

* Winner's Offense: 55%

5. The British Warrior def. The Phoenix via submission (Figure Four Leglock)

* Time of Match: 17:00

* Match Grade: C+

* Winner's Offense: 55%

6. CAGE MATCH: Sean def. Robbie Maynard via escape

* Time of Match: 11:00

* Match Grade: B

* Winner's Offense: 51%

* Robbie Maynard's perfect season has now ended.

7. EXHIBITION 2 OUT OF 3 FALLS TAG MATCH: Sean and Diamond def. Shawn Arrows and Nuclear Templeton

* Fall 1: Sean def. Shawn Arrows, pinfall (Head and Arm Suplex), 38:50

* Fall 2: Sean def. Shawn Arrows, submission (Modified Figure Four), 44:30

* Match Rating: A*

* Sean: In ring for 25:00 / Diamond: In ring for 19:40

* Shawn Arrows: In ring for 19:10 / Nuclear Templeton: In ring for 25:30

* NOTE FROM THE DIRECTOR: The first time I ran this match, I didn’t realize I had forgotten to set the American style crowd to “on” until after the match ended...in one minute and forty seconds, with Sean beating Arrows via submission. Yes, folks, a match under two minutes. It is the quickest match I have ever seen done on WS2, though thankfully it wasn’t the official run of the match.

I'll get started on webpages shortly, I'm going to throw a quick preview for week six up and then get everything done. Would also like to hear feedback on how the tag match was presented--colors too annoying, the reminder of who was legal, etc. for future reference.

Season One, Week Six

July 3, 2010

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/BeyondRingsideBanner.jpg

NOTE: Tori Montgomery is unable to join us for a full column this week, as she is visiting friends and family in the suburbs of Phoenix, Arizona for the Independence Day holiday. She did leave her predictions for next week, though, so most everything else will remain the same.

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK FIVE

ALPHA DIVISION

1. The British Warrior (4-1)

2. Nuclear Templeton (4-1)

3. Maxx Skabb (2-3)

4. The Phoenix (1-4)

(Warrior has the head-to-head tiebreaker)

BETA DIVISION

1. Robbie Maynard (4-1)

2. Tarik Nolan (4-1)

3. Breaker (2-3)

4. SGRaaize (2-3)

(Both ties are determined via head-to-head)

GAMMA DIVISION

1. Sean (3-2)

2. Johnny Triumph (2-3)

3. Shawn Arrows (1-4)

4. Diamond (1-4)

(Tiebreaker is again head-to-head)

NEWS AND NOTES

CHANGES IN POPULARITY--NORTH WEST US

1. Tarik Nolan: 15 -> 21.680

2. Johnny Triumph: 15 -> 18.320

3. Sean: 15 -> 18.298

4. British Warrior: 15 -> 17.935

5. Breaker: 15 -> 17.264

6. Nuclear Templeton: 15 -> 16.720

7. SGRaaize: 15 -> 16.090

8. Robbie Maynard: 15 -> 15.276

9. The Phoenix: 15 -> 14.765

10. Diamond: 15 -> 14.144

11. Maxx Skabb: 15 -> 13.780

12. Shawn Arrows: 15 -> 12.910

PREDICTION CENTRAL

New leader this week, as SeanMcG forgot to get his picks posted in the thread.

PREDICTION STANDINGS AFTER WEEK FIVE

1. moon_lit_tears: 19 points

(tie) 2. derek_b, Prophet, SeanMcG: 17 points each

(tie) 5. I effin rule. Tori Montgomery: 15 points

7. masterded: 11 points

8. MichiganHero: 6 points

9. Zeel1: 4 points

WEEK SIX: ST. LOUIS, MISSOURI (Mid-west Region)

American Style Crowd, ref bumps allowed, Sports Entertainment match

Because Tori did not leave any rationale as to her picks this week, this is going to look a lot shorter than normal.

Tarik Nolan (4-1, 9%) vs. Nuclear Templeton (4-1, 15%)

Tori's Prediction: Tarik Nolan via pinfall (Regulator), 9:00, C-

GAMMA DIVISION: Sean (3-2, 15%) vs. Shawn Arrows (1-4, 15%)

Tori's Prediction: Shawn Arrows via pinfall (Arrow Shot DDT), 10:00, C+

SGRaaize (2-3, 15%) vs. Maxx Skabb (2-3, 15%)

Tori's Prediction: Maxx Skabb via pinfall (Lethal Injection), 14:20, B+

Breaker (2-3, 15%) vs. The Phoenix (1-4, 15%)

Tori's Prediction: The Phoenix via pinfall (DDT), 8:10, D

Robbie Maynard (4-1, 15%) vs. The British Warrior (4-1, 15%)

Tori's Prediction: Robbie Maynard via submission (Merseyside Maul), 19:30, A

GAMMA DIVISION, FIRST BLOOD: Diamond (1-4, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (2-3, 24%)

Tori's Prediction: Diamond via bloodletting (Backflip Kick/"Hell Fire Kick"), 16:00, B

Tori should be back for next week's column, so until then...so long from ringside!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quick Prediction Key: Week Six

TRAINING PM's ARE TO BE RECEIVED BEFORE 8:00 PM EDT July 8 / 1:00 AM BST July 9

PREDICTIONS CLOSE 8:00 PM EDT July 9 / 1:00 AM BST July 10]

Can I join? Or are there still no openings?

I'm trying to see if I can finagle a spot. Worse comes to, I'll let you have my spot if nothing changes by the end of next week, since it'd be rather difficult to bring someone in mid-season with no record. :D No promises on that, but let me see what I can do.

All right, when do we go back to Japan? This North American food is killing me! :p

Here, try eating this LARIATOOOO instead. :p

---------------------

Quick Prediction Key: Week Six

I'm never going to pick against myself... especially not when I'm more popular than my opponent in the first place. Some interesting Gamma matches here though, I'm kinda rooting for the division to level out and makes things really interesting down there. Hopefully Shawn Arrows learned a thing or two from Nuclear in that tag match, losing to Sean again might be embarassing. :p

Sean (3-2, 15%) vs. Shawn Arrows (1-4, 15%)

Awesome performance this week! and I had to laugh when I read this:

The first time I ran this match, I didn’t realize I had forgotten to set the American style crowd to “on” until after the match ended...in one minute and forty seconds, with Sean beating Arrows via submission.

Regardless onto predictions

<p><strong>Tarik Nolan (4-1, 9%)</strong> vs. Nuclear Templeton (4-1, 15%)</p><p>

<strong>GAMMA DIVISION: Sean (3-2, 15%)</strong> vs. Shawn Arrows (1-4, 15%)</p><p>

SGRaaize (2-3, 15%) vs.<strong> Maxx Skabb (2-3, 15%)</strong></p><p>

<strong>Breaker (2-3, 15%)</strong> vs. The Phoenix (1-4, 15%)</p><p>

<strong>Robbie Maynard (4-1, 15%)</strong> vs. The British Warrior (4-1, 15%)</p><p>

GAMMA DIVISION, FIRST BLOOD: Diamond (1-4, 15%) vs. <strong>Johnny Triumph (2-3, 24%)</strong></p>

<p>Tarik Nolan (4-1, 9%) vs. <strong>Nuclear Templeton (4-1, 15%)</strong></p><p>

GAMMA DIVISION: <strong>Sean (3-2, 15%)</strong> vs. Shawn Arrows (1-4, 15%)</p><p>

SGRaaize (2-3, 15%) vs. <strong>Maxx Skabb (2-3, 15%)</strong></p><p>

Breaker (2-3, 15%) vs. <strong>The Phoenix (1-4, 15%)</strong></p><p>

<strong>Robbie Maynard (4-1, 15%)</strong> vs. The British Warrior (4-1, 15%)</p><p>

GAMMA DIVISION, FIRST BLOOD: Diamond (1-4, 15%) vs. <strong>Johnny Triumph (2-3, 24%)</strong></p>

Season One, Week Six

July 6, 2010

The camera fades in to the office of the Commissioner, who faces the camera with a serious look on his face.

Colt Marshall: Good evening, everyone, and welcome to week six of The League. As you may be aware, last week there was an altercation between Maxx Skabb and Robbie Maynard, which many believe led to the eventual defeat Maynard suffered last week.

Per League policy, I cannot go back and order the match to be repeated, nor can I change the decision of the match. What I CAN do, however, is bring about another exhibition match. Tonight, after all six League matches have concluded, there will be a special grudge match between Skabb and Maynard. By request of both participants, this will be a no holds barred match. Perhaps this will settle some of the bad blood forming backstage between these two men.

This concludes my announcement. Without further ado, let's go to the arena proper, and get this week's festivities underway.

The camera fades to black, before segueing into the opening sequence.

THE LEAGUE: WEEK SIX <object width="28" height="25"><embed src="

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyxBiUbCP8E&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></object>

Live from St. Louis, Missouri

The usual show of pyrotechnics opens the show, as the camera pans to show an overwhelming majority of signs welcoming local favorite Johnny Triumph back to the region. As the fireworks die down, we turn to ringside and our usual announce team.

Bob Sinclair:: Welcome to week six of The League! We're at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, and a capacity crowd of 21,000 strong is on hand for tonight's festivities!

Frankie Garnett: And the buzz over the last week has been concerning Sean's utter dominance of Shawn Arrows in the exhibition tag match last week, Bob. Those two face off one last time in League competition, and opinions are heavily split on who's going to come out on top tonight!

Bob Sinclair:: Not to mention the announcement we just heard from Commissioner Colt Marshall regarding another exhibition match tonight. It's wall-to-wall action, and we're starting with two of The League's best. Let's go to the ring, and Amelia Williams!

Tarik Nolan (4-1) vs. Nuclear Templeton (4-1)

”Regulate” hits the speakers, signaling the arrival of the first man in the match tonight.

Amelia Williams: Our opening contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Shreveport, Louisiana, weighing 292 pounds...Tarik Nolan!

Frankie Garnett: And here comes "The Regular" himself; someone who hasn't done much in the way of impressing the humanoids out there so far.

Bob Sinclair:: Frankie, that nickname was a weak pun attempt, even for you. Regardless, Nolan's put forth a workman-like effort so far this season, coming in tonight in second place in the Beta Division due to a tiebreaker. You can't deny the results so far.

Billy Idol’s “Shock to the System” hits, heralding the arrival of the opponent.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Atlantic City, New Jersey, weighing 278 pounds...Nuclear Templeton!

Bob Sinclair:: I've heard rumors that Nuclear went back to basics this week, and that we may be seeing a simpler, more hard-hitting style from him this week.

Frankie Garnett: But is it going to backfire, though? He's gotten to the second position in the Alpha Division with what he's done, I don't think it's smart of him to change it up now!

Tarik Nolan hit the Headbutt

Tarik Nolan hit the Stomp

Tarik Nolan applied the Choke Hold

Tarik Nolan hit the Face Stepping

Tarik Nolan hit the Fist Drop

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Mounted Punch Flurry.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Headbutt To Groin. This is the second block in a row, and Nuclear Templeton takes control.

The Side Headlock was countered into a Punch.

Tarik Nolan hit the Short Arm Clothesline

Nuclear Templeton rushed the Power Taunt.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Knife Edge Chop

Nuclear Templeton hit the Forearm Strike

Nuclear Templeton hit the Side Headlock Takedown

Tarik Nolan slipped out of the Rear Naked Punch Flurry.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Mounted Punch Flurry.

Nuclear Templeton rushed the Power Taunt.

Frankie Garnett: Note to Tarik Nolan: don't taunt the man! You're just going to get him angry, he's going to pulverize you, and it won't be pretty!

Bob Sinclair:: But I thought you liked the mindless violence.

Frankie Garnett: If there's no weapons, I'm not impressed.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Forearm Strike Flurry

Nuclear Templeton hit the Short Arm Clothesline

Nuclear Templeton picks up Tarik Nolan.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Strong Forearm Strike Flurry

Tarik Nolan counters by fighting back.

Nuclear Templeton broke the Press Powerslam by falling on top.

1!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Roundhouse Punch

Nuclear Templeton throws Tarik Nolan to ringside.

Nuclear Templeton leaves the ring.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Headbutt To Groin

Nuclear Templeton picks up Tarik Nolan.

The Three Point Stance was countered into a Punch.

Tarik Nolan climbs the turnbuckles.

Tarik Nolan hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Bob Sinclair:: Nolan taking an awful big risk there, the ref was up to a count of 9 there before he got in to break the ref's count.

Frankie Garnett: But was the damage enough to give him an advantage over Templeton? I don't think so; I think he just made Nuclear...well, go nuclear.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Face Plant.

Nuclear Templeton slipped out the back of the Press Powerslam.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Lung Blower

Nuclear Templeton hit the Headbutt To Groin

Nuclear Templeton picks up Tarik Nolan from behind.

Tarik Nolan slipped out the back of the Head Vice.

Nuclear Templeton blocked the Regulator.

The crowd start chanting to taunt Tarik Nolan.

Nuclear Templeton moved and the Blindside High Knee missed!

Nuclear Templeton hit the Strong Forearm Strike Flurry

Nuclear Templeton hit the Ring Apron Suplex

Nuclear Templeton hit the Rear Naked Punch Flurry

Tarik Nolan moved and the Snap Driving Elbow missed!

Nuclear Templeton slipped out of the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Nuclear Templeton hit the Three Point Stance

1!

2!

Kick Out!

Armageddon has arrived for Nolan, Nuclear hits the Lariat!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Frankie Garnett: Heh. Told you so.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at eight minutes and fifty seconds...Nuclear Templeton!

Bob Sinclair:: And that moves Templeton to 5-1 in the Alpha Division; the pressure is on the British Warrior now to keep pace!

Frankie Garnett: Warrior's got Maynard tonight, right?

Bob Sinclair:: Yes.

Frankie Garnett: Then call it like it is, Bob. Nuclear Templeton just moved into the Alpha Division lead, and that's where he will end the show.

Bob Sinclair:: You're that certain that Maynard's going to win tonight?

Frankie Garnett: About $500 certain, anyway.

Bob Sinclair:: Will you stop...!

GAMMA DIVISION: Sean (3-2) vs. Shawn Arrows (1-4)

Bob Sinclair:: On to our next match, and this has been a rather serious grudge over the last couple of weeks. Two weeks ago, Shawn Arrows lost in rather controversial fashion to Sean in a Gamma Division match. Last week, Sean won two straight falls from Arrows in a special exhibition tag team match. Tonight is the return divisional match. Popular opinion seems to be split on this match, Frankie, how do you see it?

Frankie Garnett: I think Sean's shown his dominance enough to rattle Arrows. My guess is Sean by submission, twelve minutes.

Bob Sinclair:: We'll find out soon enough. Let's go to the ring.

Amelia Williams: Our next contest is a Gamma Division bout, scheduled for one fall! Coming down the aisle, from Charlotte, North Carolina, weighing 230 pounds...Sean!

Bob Sinclair:: Sean comes in as the undisputed leader of the Gamma Division, being the only wrestler with a winning record in the division.

Frankie Garnett: Man, talk about a weak division.

Bob Sinclair:: I beg to differ, Frankie. It's a close competition, I think that makes the division very strong in the long run.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from Raleigh, North Carolina, weighing 207 pounds...Shawn Arrows!

Frankie Garnett: Now here's a guy who is in a win-or-else scenario.

Bob Sinclair:: I agree, Frankie. A third straight loss to Sean here and his season is basically over; it'd take a minor miracle to salvage anything out of it.

Shawn Arrows hit the Dropkick

Shawn Arrows hit the Senton

Shawn Arrows hit the Stomp

Sean slipped out the back of the Rear Naked Punch Flurry.

Sean hit the Legsweep Kick

Shawn Arrows blocked the Knee Pull.

Sean hit the Legsweep Snap Pinfall

1!

Kick Out!

Sean hit the Eye Gouge

Sean hit the Punch

Sean hit the Face Plant

Shawn Arrows blocked the Mounted Punch Flurry.

Sean hit the Seated Back Dropkick

Sean hit the Legdrop To Groin

Shawn Arrows slipped out the back of the Single Leg Grapevine.

The Running Dropkick was countered into a Dropkick To Knee.

Sean hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Shawn Arrows slipped out of the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

Bob Sinclair:: Sean trying to put this one away incredibly early, but Arrows is having none of that.

Frankie Garnett: It's the familiarity over the last two weeks, Bob. Arrows has that modified figure four scouted, especially only three minutes into the match!

Sean blocked the Spinning Arm Drag.

Shawn Arrows hit the Rolling Splash

Shawn Arrows hit the Seated Dropkick

Sean slipped out the back of the Spinning Arm Drag.

Shawn Arrows moved and the Dropkick To Knee missed!

The Running Dropkick was countered into a Dropkick To Knee.

The fans boo Sean, wanting to see him take, not give, punishment.

Shawn Arrows slipped out the back of the Small Package.

Shawn Arrows hit the Dropkick To Outside

Shawn Arrows waits as Sean stands.

Shawn Arrows hit the Flying Body Press

Frankie Garnett: Did you see the height on that jump?! Arrows must have been a good sixteen feet in the air before coming down on Sean like that!

Bob Sinclair:: That move brought the crowd to their feet, Frankie, as Arrows recovers and looks to press the advantage!

Shawn Arrows hit the Moonsault Press

Sean shook the ropes to stop the Flying Elbow Drop.

The crowd start chanting to taunt Sean.

Shawn Arrows blocked the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

Sean blocked the Super Shot DDT.

Shawn Arrows stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

Sean broke the Springboard Body Press by falling on top.

1!

Kick Out!

Shawn Arrows blocked the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

Bob Sinclair:: Arrows wants no part of that figure four, and so far has done a good job of being locked into it.

Frankie Garnett: As many openings as he's giving Sean, though, it may just be a matter of time!

The Slingshot Suplex was countered into a Spinning Head Scissors.

Shawn Arrows hit the Face Plant

The Running Dropkick was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

The Flying Body Press was countered into a Dropkick.

Shawn Arrows moved and the Flying Body Press missed!

Shawn Arrows hit the Slingshot Moonsault

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two![/i]

Bob Sinclair:: I'll admit, Frankie, I'm a bit surprised at the aerial clinic Arrows is putting on tonight. He seems to be firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Frankie Garnett: There's a reason they call it high risk, Bob. All it's gonna take is one mistake.

The Moonsault Press was countered into a Dropkick.

Sean blocked the Super Shot DDT.

Sean rushed the Stalk Grounded Enemy.

Sean hit the Slingshot Suplex

1!

The fans boo Sean, trying to distract him.

Shawn Arrows blocked the Head And Arm Suplex.

Shawn Arrows slipped out of the Small Package.

Sean moved and the Slingshot Legdrop missed!

Shawn Arrows hit the Kneeling Kick Rush

Sean shook the ropes to stop the Flying Headbutt.

Shawn Arrows broke the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

Bob Sinclair:: And again Arrows gets out of Sean's finisher!

Frankie Garnett: Only a matter of time, Bob, I'm telling ya.

Sean rushed the Flying Body Press.

Shawn Arrows slipped out the back of the Floatover Superplex.

Shawn Arrows climbs down off the top rope.

Sean counters by kicking Shawn Arrows away.

Sean hit the Flying Body Press

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Shawn Arrows slipped out of the Head And Arm Suplex.

Shawn Arrows hit the Flying Elbow Drop

Shawn Arrows hit the Flying Elbow Drop

Sean counters by reversing on Shawn Arrows.

Shawn Arrows blocked the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry.

The crowd is really on the case of Sean, loving that his momentum has stalled.

Shawn Arrows blocked the Victory Roll. This is the second block in a row, and Shawn Arrows takes control.

Sean rushed the Moonsault Press.

Sean hit the Floatover Superplex

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Bob Sinclair:: I don't think I've seen a superplex routinely carried into a floatover pinning combination, Frankie.

Frankie Garnett: You think that's impressive? Wait until you see someone break out a spider superplex.

Shawn Arrows hit the Super Shot DDT

Sean shook the ropes to stop the Flying Double Footed Stomp.

Shawn Arrows broke the Super Back Suplex by falling on top.

1!

Sean broke the Spinning Arm Drag.

The Small Package was countered into a Eye Gouge.

Sean slipped out of the Implant DDT.

Shawn Arrows slipped out of the Head And Arm Suplex.

Sean moved and the Springboard Body Press missed!

Shawn Arrows broke the Modified Figure Four Leglock.

Sean moved and the Arabian Press missed!

Shawn Arrows hit the Super Shot DDT

Frankie Garnett: Wait, why isn’t Arrows going for the cover here? That's twice he's hit that signature move of his!

Bob Sinclair:: Arrows doesn't use that to pin people, Frankie. I've seen his work elsewhere. That's usually a setup to the Arrow-shot. But Sean's head has to be hurting after two hard impacts like that!

Shawn Arrows used the Stalk Grounded Enemy

The Charging Basement Dropkick was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Shawn Arrows rushed the Flying Body Press.

Sean blocked the Superplex.

Shawn Arrows hit the Superplex

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of 22:10...Shawn Arrows!

Frankie Garnett: Well, color me impressed, Bob. I didn't think Arrows had it in him.

Bob Sinclair:: Shawn Arrows, with that win, may have salvaged a chance at taking the top spot from Sean over the next few weeks.

Frankie Garnett: Doubtful, but only time will tell. It's gonna be hard to top that match this week, that's for certain!

SGRaaize (2-3) vs. Maxx Skabb (2-3)

Amelia Williams: Our next contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Portugal, weighing 231 pounds...SGRaaize!

Bob Sinclair:: Raaize is in danger of falling into a hole he can't get out of in the standings, being two matches behind Beta Division leader Robbie Maynard.

Frankie Garnett: You might as well call it now and give the division to Maynard. With his form this season, no one is catching him.

Disturbed’s “The Night” hits, as the opponent walks out with a stoic look on his face.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from the Orange County Correctional Facility, weighing 291 pounds...Maxx Skabb!

Frankie Garnett: Two questions for you, Bob. One, do you think Skabb's looking ahead to the no holds barred match later tonight, and two, what of the rumors that North American food is messing with his body?

Bob Sinclair:: For the first, he may be, but he needs to focus on this match if he wants any hope of maintaining pace with Nuclear Templeton in the Alpha Division. As for the second, I can't really comment on that. I'm not a gourmand.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Single Leg Trip.

SGRaaize hit the Punch

Maxx Skabb took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Maxx Skabb hit the Eye Gouge

Maxx Skabb hit the Hair Pull

Maxx Skabb hit the Toss To Corner

Maxx Skabb hit the Repeated Shoulder Ram

SGRaaize rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

SGRaaize applied the Front Facelock

SGRaaize hit the Eye Gouge

SGRaaize hit the Slap To Chest

SGRaaize hit the Elbow Strike

SGRaaize hit the Eye Gouge

SGRaaize hit the Slap To Chest

SGRaaize hit the Knife Edge Chop

SGRaaize hit the Punch

SGRaaize picks up Maxx Skabb.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Hammerlock Kick.

SGRaaize hit the Running Knee Lift

The Triple Forearm Blow was countered into a Throat Thrust.

SGRaaize slipped out the back of the Mounted Punch Flurry.

SGRaaize hit the Reverse DDT Neckbreaker

Bob Sinclair:: Raaize seems to be determined tonight; he's taking the fight to Skabb early.

Frankie Garnett: He must figure that the longer the match goes, the more to Skabb's advantage it could be, though how he comes to that conclusion is beyond me.

SGRaaize applied the Single Leg Grapevine

Maxx Skabb broke the Camel Clutch.

The High Knee was countered into a Drop Toe Hold.

SGRaaize applied the Single Leg Grapevine

SGRaaize picks up Maxx Skabb from behind.

Maxx Skabb counters by reversing on SGRaaize.

Maxx Skabb hit the Corner Clothesline

SGRaaize blocked the Mounted Elbow Smashes.

Maxx Skabb hit the Seated Knuckle Punches

SGRaaize moved and the Gorilla Press missed!

The Pump Kick was countered into a Single Leg Trip.

Maxx Skabb counters by fighting back.

The Double Underhook Bomb was countered into a Eye Gouge.

Maxx Skabb moved and the Portugal Lariat missed!

The Lethal Injection was countered into a Slap To Chest.

Frankie Garnett: Thought Skabb would have caught Raaize napping, but Raaize was able to get away from the finisher attempt.

Bob Sinclair:: Skabb does seem to have picked up the pace a little here, Frankie. Maybe you were right about Skabb getting better in a long match.

The crowd start chanting to taunt Maxx Skabb.

Maxx Skabb hit the Twisting Powerslam

Maxx Skabb picks up SGRaaize.

Maxx Skabb hit the Gutwrench Powerbomb

SGRaaize rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

SGRaaize hit the Gutwrench Suplex

Maxx Skabb moved and the Triple Forearm Blow missed!

SGRaaize broke the Over Shoulder Backbreaker.

SGRaaize hit the European Uppercut

Maxx Skabb blocked the Gutwrench Suplex.

SGRaaize blocked the Twisting Spinebuster.

Maxx Skabb hit the Powerslam

SGRaaize blocked the Headbutt To Groin.

Maxx Skabb picks up SGRaaize from behind.

The Field Goal Low Blow was countered into a Single Leg Grapevine.

SGRaaize applied the Camel Clutch

Escaped!

SGRaaize slipped out of the Sidewalk Slam.

The Triple Forearm Blow was countered into a Standing Spinebuster.

Frankie Garnett: Damn, did you see Raaize's head bounce off the canvas?

Bob Sinclair:: Just goes to show you that even a traditionally weak version of the spinebuster is dangerous in the hands of Maxx Skabb.

SGRaaize slipped out of the Seated Knuckle Punches.

Maxx Skabb moved and the Portugal Lariat missed!

Maxx Skabb applied the Over Shoulder Backbreaker

Will This Be It?

A short struggle ends with the escape!

Maxx Skabb hit the Over Shoulder Backbreaker Drop

1!

2!

Kick Out Just After Two!

Maxx Skabb climbs the turnbuckles.

Maxx Skabb climbs down off the top rope.

Maxx Skabb hit the Double Underhook Bomb

Maxx Skabb hit the Big Legdrop

Maxx Skabb used the Slit Throat Motion

Bob Sinclair:: Skabb with a series of high-impact moves; Raaize needs to get his momentum back soon or else he's finished in this match.

Frankie Garnett: And right now, I don't like Raaize's chances....

SGRaaize moved and the Big Legdrop missed!

The crowd is really on the case of SGRaaize, loving that his momentum has stalled.

Maxx Skabb broke the Heel Hook Leg Grapevine by reaching the ropes.

SGRaaize blocked the Twisting Spinebuster.

Maxx Skabb hit the Sidewalk Slam

Maxx Skabb picks up SGRaaize.

Maxx Skabb stops to shout some abuse at some fans in the front row.

Skabb hits the Lethal Injection; the end draws near for SGRaaize!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

The fans applaud after seeing a great match.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of 15:30…Maxx Skabb!

Bob Sinclair:: And Skabb evens his record to 3-3. He's still alive in the Alpha Division hunt, but he's still got an uphill climb ahead of him!

Frankie Garnett: It could have gone either way, Bob. Skabb just toughed it out and got the duke.

Breaker (2-3) vs. The Phoenix (1-4)

Amelia Williams: Our next match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, weighing 251 pounds...Breaker!

Bob Sinclair:: Breaker comes in tonight having broken his losing skid last week. He's in desperate need of a win to have a chance of staying in the Beta Division race.

Frankie Garnett: I like his chances better than the other guy, anyway.

Normally “The Instinct” would be on the speakers at this time, except that this week the man who uses that as a theme has decided to come out to no music, perhaps in a bid to change his fortunes.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from the End of Nowhere, weighing 367 pounds...The Phoenix!

Frankie Garnett: Here's a guy we shouldn't even waste our breath on, Bob.

Bob Sinclair:: I'll admit, Phoenix has had a rough go of it this season, coming in on a three-match losing streak; another loss and he may as well be eliminated from playoff contention as he'd be four matches behind Templeton in the Alpha Division.

Breaker hit the Eye Gouge

Breaker hit the Punch

The Phoenix took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

The Phoenix hit the Kick To Knee

The Phoenix applied the Side Headlock

The Phoenix hit the Foot Stomp

The Elbow Strike was countered into a Punch.

Breaker hit the Throat Thrust

The Jab Punch was countered into a Side Headlock Takedown.

The Phoenix hit the Knee Pull

The Phoenix applied the Arm Bar

Breaker slipped out the back of the Rear Crossface Blows.

Breaker hit the Hair Pull Takedown

Breaker hit the Face Stepping

The Phoenix slipped out of the Mounted Punch Flurry.

The Vertical Suplex was countered into a Punch.

Breaker hit the Face Plant

Breaker hit the Low Blow

The crowd start a chant for Breaker.

Bob Sinclair:: Breaker has been in control for most of the match; he's not let his opponent get much in the way of offense.

Frankie Garnett: I give Breaker about four more minutes to put it away.

The Phoenix rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

The Phoenix hit the Side Explosion Suplex

The Phoenix applied the Single Leg Boston Crab

The Phoenix picks up Breaker from behind.

Breaker blocked the Side Explosion Suplex.

Breaker blocked the Diving DDT. This is the second block in a row, and Breaker takes control.

The High Knee was countered into a Kick To Gut.

Breaker counters by fighting back.

Breaker hit the DDT

Breaker hit the Headbutt To Groin

Breaker picks up The Phoenix.

The Phoenix broke the Small Package by falling on top.

1!

Breaker broke the Capture Suplex.

Breaker hit the Face Plant

Breaker hit the High Knee

Breaker hit the DDT

Breaker hit the Mounted Punch Flurry

Breaker hit the Snap Driving Elbow

Breaker climbs the turnbuckles.

Breaker hit the Flying Double Axe Handle

Dream Breaker! The Phoenix is in a world of trouble!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, in seven-and-a-half minutes...Breaker!

Bob Sinclair:: Breaker manages to scramble to an even record with that victory, and he definitely earned it tonight.

Frankie Garnett: The big waste of space got dominated, Bob. It's that simple. He might as well go home and forfeit the rest of his season; it'd save us all some time.

Robbie Maynard (4-1) vs. The British Warrior (4-1)

Bob Sinclair:: Our next match is one that looks to be intriguing. The leaders of the Alpha and Beta Divisions coming into the night face off, and popular opinion seems to be on the side of Robbie Maynard.

Frankie Garnett: What do you expect, Bob? The man should be 5-0, if not for Skabb's ambush last week. The humanoids know the truth, as do I.

Bob Sinclair:: It looks like we're ready; let's go to the ring to get us started.

Amelia Williams: Our next contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, coming down the aisle...from Liverpool, England, weighing 251 pounds...Robbie Maynard!

Bob Sinclair:: Easily the dominant force in The League this season, Maynard is controlling the Beta Division with an iron fist.

Frankie Garnett: Wait, he uses an actual iron gauntlet in his matches? I think I found my new favorite wrestler!

Bob Sinclair:: Frankie, he doesn't—you know, never mind. You won't listen to me anyway.

Amelia Williams: His opponent, from the United Kingdom, weighing 243 pounds...The British Warrior!

Bob Sinclair:: Warrior seems to have that swagger in his step; he's gotten to the head of the Alpha Division, why change what's worked for him so far?

Frankie Garnett: Good point; but I have $500 that says he has no chance against Maynard.

The British Warrior hit the Punch

The British Warrior hit the Open Handed Slap

The British Warrior hit the Slap To Chest

The British Warrior hit the Side Headlock Takedown

The British Warrior hit the Elbow Drop On Knee

The British Warrior hit the Knee Pull

The British Warrior hit the Snap Driving Elbow

Robbie Maynard moved and the Seated Dropkick missed!

The Eye Gouge was countered into a Elbow Strike.

The British Warrior hit the Splash

Bob Sinclair:: Warrior has been dominant in the first couple of minutes, Frankie.

Frankie Garnett: False sense of security. That's all it is.

Robbie Maynard slipped out the back of the Giant Swing.

Robbie Maynard hit the Dropkick

Robbie Maynard hit the Stomp

Robbie Maynard applied the Arm Bar

Robbie Maynard hit the Seated Back Kick

The British Warrior broke the Single Leg Grapevine by reaching the ropes.

The British Warrior blocked the Gutwrench Suplex.

The Dropkick To Knee was countered into a Single Leg Trip.

The fans try to help The British Warrior by chanting his name.

The British Warrior picks up Robbie Maynard from behind.

The British Warrior stops to acknowledge the fans at ringside.

The fans cheer for The British Warrior, trying to get him to take it up a level.

The British Warrior whips Robbie Maynard to the corner.

Robbie Maynard counters by reversing on The British Warrior.

Robbie Maynard throws The British Warrior off the top rope.

Frankie Garnett: There we go, Robbie. Now's when you put him away!

Bob Sinclair:: Warrior's been in control for most of the match, Frankie. It's not going to be that easy.

Robbie Maynard hit the Legdrop To Groin

The British Warrior blocked the Stop the Ferry.

The British Warrior counters by fighting back.

Robbie Maynard broke the S.T.O..

Robbie Maynard hit the Dropkick To Knee

The British Warrior slipped out of the Legdrop To Groin.

Robbie Maynard counters by reversing on The British Warrior.

The British Warrior rushed the Hot Shot.

Robbie Maynard gets caught with The Warrior Slam! Is the end near?!

The British Warrior picks up Robbie Maynard from behind.

The British Warrior hit the Vertical Suplex

Robbie Maynard broke the Figure Four Leglock by reaching the ropes.

Robbie Maynard blocked the Wheel Barrow Suplex.

The British Warrior picks up Robbie Maynard.

Robbie Maynard gets caught with The Warrior Slam! Is the end near?!

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Figure Four Leglock.

Robbie Maynard hit the Vertical Suplex

Robbie Maynard picks up The British Warrior from behind.

The Field Goal Low Blow was countered into a Single Leg Boston Crab.

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Figure Four Leglock.

The crowd is really on the case of Robbie Maynard, loving that his momentum has stalled.

It's gotta be over, Robbie Maynard hits the Merseyside Maul!

Will This Be It?

It's Still Locked In!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of nine minutes even...Robbie Maynard!

Frankie Garnett: YES! That's $500 in my pocket!

Bob Sinclair:: I still cannot believe that you're betting on these matches, Frankie. In any event, it's a bit surprising; Warrior dominated the offense and yet left himself open just one time, but that one time cost him. Plus that sets up an intriguing match for next week.

Frankie Garnett: What do you mean?

Bob Sinclair:: Next week's main event is Maynard facing Templeton.

Frankie Garnett: ...Man, I'm gonna need to get in on that action!

Bob Sinclair:: Oy...

GAMMA DIVISION: Diamond (1-4) vs. Johnny Triumph (2-3)

This will be a First Blood match!

Bob Sinclair:: It's time for our originally scheduled main event, as Diamond tries to keep herself alive in the Gamma Division against Johnny Triumph.

Frankie Garnett: I give the edge to Triumph in this. He's more well-known here, plus I've seen him in training this week. All it'll take is one vicious knee smash to Diamond's face and it's over. Not to mention the weapon chicanery, seated knuckle punches, and the like. This has Triumph's name written all over it.

Bob Sinclair:: Not necessarily true, Frankie. Diamond may not have anything in her arsenal that causes bleeding easily, but her feet are weapons unto themselves. She's got a couple of moves that could cause blood, but all-in-all she's got a distinct disadvantage in this match. But enough analysis, let's go to Amelia and get it started!

"Oh...it's time to rock and roll..." <object width="28" height="25"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stz1BfSNCUc&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></object>

With that opening line, the lone female in the competition emerges, the look in her eyes saying everything that needs to be said.

Amelia Williams: This Gamma Division bout is a First Blood match! The only way to win is to cause your opponent to bleed! Introducing first, from Aberdeen, Scotland, weighing 132 pounds...Diamond!

Bob Sinclair:: You can tell from the look on her face that she knows she's in an uphill fight. If you're in her shoes, how do you approach this match?

Frankie Garnett: Hit and run. Stay away from him if possible. And weapons are your best friend.

Amelia Williams: Her opponent, from Des Moines, Iowa, weighing 228 pounds...Johnny Triumph!

Frankie Garnett: Before you can ask, Bob...if I'm Triumph, I stick to my usual game. All it'll take is a knee strike or two to finish it; as long as Diamond is worn down first.

Bob Sinclair:: It should be interesting to see how it goes. There's the bell, we are under way!

Johnny Triumph hit the Single Leg Trip

Diamond moved and the Stomp missed!

Diamond hit the Punch

Diamond hit the Face Rub

Diamond hit the Half Senton

Johnny Triumph rushed the Stripper Dance.

Johnny Triumph hit the Eye Gouge

Diamond took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Face Plant.

Bob Sinclair:: Diamond off ot a good start; sticking to her strengths and keeping the match at a fast tempo.

Frankie Garnett: It won't last, Bob. You can only run at full speed for so long before you need to slow down.

The Running Dropkick was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

Diamond recovers and stands up.

Johnny Triumph hit the Running Clothesline

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Boston Crab

Diamond broke the Single Leg Grapevine by reaching the ropes.

Johnny Triumph hit the Vertical Suplex

Johnny Triumph applied the Single Leg Boston Crab

Diamond slipped out of the Camel Clutch.

The Dropkick To Knee was countered into a Single Leg Grapevine.

The Heel Hook Leg Grapevine was countered into a Low Blow.

Diamond hit the Flip Legdrop

Diamond hit the Slingshot Senton Bomb

Diamond picks up Johnny Triumph.

And Triumph's jaw just got jacked up!

Diamond used the Arabian Press

Diamond hit the Charging Basement Dropkick

Diamond hit the Slingshot Legdrop

Johnny Triumph moved and the Standing Moonsault missed!

Frankie Garnett: OK, so I'm impressed so far. Diamond definitely brought her A-game tonight, but this match is more into Triumph's territory. It's only a matter of time, and with him getting away from the moonsault, that could be the opening.

Bob Sinclair:: Indeed, Frankie. Triumph hasn't been on form all match; maybe now is the time for him to strike?

The Horns of Victory was countered into a Legsweep Kick.

Diamond used the Top Rope Point

Johnny Triumph moved and the Split-Legged Moonsault missed!

Diamond slipped out the back of the Camel Clutch.

Diamond hit the Top Rope Diving Rana

Johnny Triumph moved and the Charging Basement Dropkick missed!

Johnny Triumph hit the Slingshot Suplex

Diamond broke the Horns of Victory.

And Triumph's jaw just got jacked up!

Johnny Triumph moved and the Arabian Press missed!

Johnny Triumph picks up Diamond.

Diamond took the blow, but just shrugs it off and goes on the attack.

The Camel Clutch was countered into a Low Blow.

Johnny Triumph rushed the Top Rope Point.

Johnny Triumph hit the Slingshot Suplex

Diamond blocked the Horns of Victory.

Bob Sinclair:: Triumph controlling the pace of the match for the last few minutes, slowing it down to his tempo, but Diamond still seems to have some fight left in her.

Frankie Garnett: Go for the knee, Johnny! Now's your chance!

The Heel Hook Leg Grapevine was countered into a Low Blow.

Johnny Triumph shook the ropes to stop the Diamond in the Sky.

Johnny Triumph throws Diamond off the top rope.

The Backflip Kick was countered into a Single Leg Trip.

Johnny Triumph counters by fighting back.

Johnny Triumph picks up Diamond from behind.

Diamond blocked the Wheel Barrow Suplex.

Johnny Triumph hit the Running Hot Shot

Johnny Triumph gets into the ring.

Johnny Triumph whips Diamond to the corner.

Johnny Triumph hit the Tree Of Woe Stomp Flurry

The Camel Clutch was countered into a Low Blow.

Johnny Triumph moved and the Slingshot Legdrop missed!

Johnny Triumph has Diamond locked in the Horns of Victory!

Frankie Garnett: There's no submissions, you idiot! That's not helping!

Bob Sinclair:: On the contrary, Frankie. She may be left defenseless; it would be easy to draw blood in that state.

Johnny Triumph applied the Heel Hook Leg Grapevine

Johnny Triumph takes a moment to rub his sore neck, apparently in pain.

The Single Leg Grapevine was countered into a Low Blow With Cradle.

Johnny Triumph shook the ropes to stop the Diamond in the Sky.

Johnny Triumph has Diamond locked in the Horns of Victory!

The crowd start chanting to taunt Johnny Triumph.

Diamond broke the Camel Clutch by reaching the ropes.

Diamond slipped out the back of the S.T.O..

Johnny Triumph slipped out the back of the Cheating Roll Up.

Diamond blocked the Hammerlock Kick.

Johnny Triumph hit the Running Hot Shot

Johnny Triumph gets into the ring.

Diamond slipped out the back of the Camel Clutch.

Diamond hit the Sleeper Hold Neckbreaker

Bob Sinclair:: Every time Diamond gets a move in, Triumph takes the momentum right back. Right now, I think Diamond needs a miracle to pull it off.

Frankie Garnett: I hate to agree with you, Bob, but you're right. It's all but over anyway.

The Horns of Victory was countered into a Low Blow.

Diamond grimaces as she walks, her knee may have been hurt.

Diamond picks up Johnny Triumph from behind.

Johnny Triumph blocked the Lung Blower.

Johnny Triumph moved and the Standing Moonsault missed!

Diamond slipped out the back of the Single Leg Grapevine.

Johnny Triumph shook the ropes to stop the Missile Dropkick.

The fans boo Johnny Triumph, wanting to see him take, not give, punishment.

Diamond broke the Slingshot Suplex by falling on top.

Johnny Triumph recovers and stands up.

The Jawjacker was countered into a Shooter Takedown.

The crowd start chanting to taunt Johnny Triumph.

Johnny Triumph picks up Diamond from behind.

Diamond slipped out the back of the Wheel Barrow Suplex.

Diamond hit the Sleeper Hold Neckbreaker

Diamond picks up Johnny Triumph.

Forget the Beatles, Lucy, this is a Diamond in the Sky!

Bob Sinclair:: Diamond just bought herself some time, but is it going to be enough to get the offense going to bust Triumph open?

Frankie Garnett: I'm thinking no. Diamond's legs and head are both hurting badly. She can't have enough left in the tank to pull it off.

Diamond takes a moment to rub her sore neck, apparently in pain.

Diamond picks up Johnny Triumph from behind.

Diamond hit the Second Rope Dropkick

Johnny Triumph moved and the Slingshot Legdrop missed!

Diamond slipped out of the Single Leg Grapevine.

Diamond hit the Charging Basement Dropkick

Frankie Garnett: That hit right on the nose of Triumph! I think I heard the cartilage break from here!

Bob Sinclair:: Wait, Frankie, is that red I see on the mat?

Johnny Triumph is busted open.

Bob Sinclair:: It is! She's done it!

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at a time of twenty-three minutes even...Diamond!

Frankie Garnett: That has to go down as a major upset in my books, Bob! Diamond comes into Triumph's home area, and pulls out the victory!

Bob Sinclair:: You're not kidding, Frankie. That's got to be a huge momentum booster for her as we near the halfway point of the season!

As Triumph stands to leave the ring, the cameras pick up the fact that yes, it appears as if his nose is broken from that charging dropkick from Diamond. He is helped to the back as a few people come into the ring to clean the blood spilt before the exhibition match gets under way.

EXHIBITION MATCH: Maxx Skabb vs. Robbie Maynard

This is a no-holds-barred (Hardcore) match!

Amelia Williams: The following match is a no-holds-barred exhibition match, set for one fall to a finish!

The speakers suddenly erupt with Disturbed's "The Night," <object width="28" height="25"><embed src="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="28" height="25"></object> ushering in the first participant in this contest.

Amelia Williams: Introducing first, from the Orange County Correctional Facility, weighing 291 pounds...Maxx Skabb!

Bob Sinclair:: Skabb was a winner tonight, bringing his record to an even 3-3, but this is a different matter. There's nothing stopping him from using every trick he learned in prison now.

Frankie Garnett: So that means we'll see a shanking? I'm not sure the need to televise that....

Amelia Williams: His opponent, coming down the aisle...from Liverpool, England, weighing 251 pounds...Robbie Maynard!

Bob Sinclair:: Maynard also victorious, moving him to 5-1 and a date with the only other 5-1 record holder in the League this season, Nuclear Templeton.

Frankie Garnett: That's next week, Bob. Right now it's two men beating the holy hell out of each other!

Maxx Skabb hit the Punch

The Clubbing Blow was countered into a Punch.

Robbie Maynard applied the Front Facelock

Robbie Maynard applied the Front Facelock

Robbie Maynard hit the Kick To Gut

Robbie Maynard hit the Face Plant

Maxx Skabb moved and the Dropkick To Knee missed!

Maxx Skabb hit the Running Shoulder Block

Maxx Skabb hit the Knee Pull

Maxx Skabb applied the Choke Hold

Maxx Skabb hit the Gorilla Press

Robbie Maynard counters by fighting back.

Robbie Maynard hit the Running Knee Lift

The fans boo Robbie Maynard, trying to distract him.

Robbie Maynard hit the Legdrop To Groin

Bob Sinclair:: Back and forth to start the match, though right now I'd give the edge to Maynard.

Frankie Garnett: Still early yet. Skabb can still break out the dirty fighting tricks and make this interesting.

Maxx Skabb rushed the Spirit Roar.

Maxx Skabb hit the Snake Eyes

Robbie Maynard moved and the Big Legdrop missed!

Maxx Skabb slipped out the back of the Stop the Ferry.

The Field Goal Low Blow was countered into a Single Leg Boston Crab.

Robbie Maynard picks up Maxx Skabb from behind.

Maxx Skabb broke the Merseyside Maul.

The Gutwrench Powerbomb was countered into a Dropkick.

Robbie Maynard picks up Maxx Skabb.

1!

Maxx Skabb rolled through with the Merseyside Maul.

Bob Sinclair:: Maynard tried to end it there, but Skabb was ready and managed to break free.

Frankie Garnett: Enough with this boring crap. Where's the weapons? I want carnage!

Robbie Maynard slipped out of the Over Shoulder Backbreaker.

Maxx Skabb counters by reversing on Robbie Maynard.

Maxx Skabb hit the Avalanche

Robbie Maynard blocked the Mounted Punch Flurry.

Maxx Skabb hit the Big Legdrop

Maxx Skabb picks up Robbie Maynard.

Maxx Skabb hit the Pump Kick

Robbie Maynard rushed the Slit Throat Motion.

Maxx Skabb blocked the Face Plant.

Maxx Skabb broke the Small Package by falling on top.

1!

Kick Out!

The Over Shoulder Backbreaker was countered into a Forearm Blow.

Maxx Skabb counters by fighting back.

Maxx Skabb hit the Over Shoulder Backbreaker Drop

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

Kick Out At Two-And-A-Half!

Skabb hits the Lethal Injection; the end draws near for Robbie Maynard!

1!

2!

This Could Be It!

3!

The fans applaud the efforts of the wrestlers.

Amelia Williams: Here is your winner, at eight and a half minutes: Maxx Skabb!

Bob Sinclair:: You have to believe that Skabb finds this as vindication for the quick loss he suffered the last time these two met.

Frankie Garnett: Which means hopefully that will cut down on these backstage shenanigans, unless there's food or blood involved!

Bob Sinclair:: Right...anyway, next week we will be in Montreal, so for Frankie Garnett this is Bob Sinclair...good night, folks!

SHOW SUMMARY

1. Nuclear Templeton (5-1) def. Tarik Nolan (4-2) via pinfall (Armageddon Lariat)

* Time of Match: 8:50

* Match Rating: C

* Winner’s Offensive Percentage: 59%

2. Shawn Arrows (2-4) def. Sean (3-3) via pinfall (Superplex)

* Time of Match: 22:10

* Match Rating: A

* Winner’s Offensive Percentage: 57%

3. Maxx Skabb (3-3) def. SGRaaize (2-4) via pinfall (Lethal Injection)

* Time of Match: 15:30

* Match Rating: B+

* Winner’s Offensive Percentage: 49%

4. Breaker (3-3) def. The Phoenix (1-5) via pinfall (Dream Breaker)

* Time of Match: 7:30

* Match Rating: D

* Winner’s Offensive Percentage: 61%

5. Robbie Maynard (5-1) def. The British Warrior (4-2) via submission (Merseyside Maul)

* Time of Match: 9:00

* Match Rating: D

* Winner’s Offensive Percentage: 40%

6. Diamond (2-4) def. Johnny Triumph (2-4) in a First Blood match (Charging Basement Dropkick)

* Time of Match: 23:00

* Match Rating: A*

* Winner’s Offensive Percentage: 45%

* This was the Match of the Night, but just barely as Arrows/Sean II almost reached that level.

7. Maxx Skabb def. Robbie Maynard in an Exhibition hardcore match (Lethal Injection)

* Time of Match: 8:30

* Match Rating: B-

* Winner’s Offensive Percentage: 50%

WEB PAGES HAVE BEEN UPDATED AS OF 11:15 PM EDT, JULY 9

Season One, Week Seven

July 10, 2010

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae344/ShadowedFlames/GDS%20League%20Stuff/BeyondRingsideBanner.jpg

Hello once again, everyone! This is Tori Montgomery, back after a week's vacation and quite possibly the best week of action so far this season! We've got a bit more than usual to get to this week, so without further ado...

Comments from Ringside

We're almost halfway through the season. Care to give us a prediction of final League standings yet? --J. Townshed, Austin, Texas.

I'll cover that next week, in the extended column I'll be writing as we enter the second half of the season.

Is there any way we can get an idea of how entertaining the wrestlers are in the eyes of the critics? --L. Schroeder, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

No problem. I'll start adding that to the standings.

What's your take on the two "exhibition" matches held so far? Is this going to be a good thing for the League in the long run, or is it just going to wear the wrestlers out early? --B. Foster, New York

I think it adds a bit of interest to the League. It's certainly a valid way of settling grudges, but as long as Colt Marshall keeps things under control I think they will be used properly and really enhance the League experience for the viewing audience.

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK SIX

ALPHA DIVISION

1. Nuclear Templeton (5-1, Average Match Rating 4.83 / C+)

2. The British Warrior (4-2, Average Match Rating 1.83 / D)

3. Maxx Skabb (3-3, Average Match Rating 5.67 / B-)

4. The Phoenix (1-5, Average Match Rating 4.00 / C)

BETA DIVISION

1. Robbie Maynard (5-1, Average Match Rating 3.33 / C-)

2. Tarik Nolan (4-2, Average Match Rating 3.17 / C-)

3. Breaker (3-3, Average Match Rating 4.00 / C)

4. SGRaaize (2-4, Average Match Rating 4.00 / C)

GAMMA DIVISION

1. Sean (3-3, Average Match Rating 5.83 / B-)

2. Shawn Arrows (2-4, Average Match Rating 3.17 / C-)

3. Johnny Triumph (2-4, Average Match Rating 7.83 / B+)

4. Diamond (2-4, Average Match Rating 5.00 / C+)

This time, the tiebreaker is head-to-head against everyone at 2-4 in the division. Arrows is 1-0 (Diamond), Triumph is 1-1 (Both to Diamond), Diamond is 1-2 (0-1 to Arrows, 1-1 to Triumph). Because of this, the standings are as shown above.

NEWS AND NOTES

CHANGES IN POPULARITY—MID WEST (US) REGION

1. Johnny Triumph: 24 -> 28.865

2. Diamond: 15 -> 22.635

3. Shawn Arrows: 15 -> 21.761

4. Maxx Skabb: 15 -> 19.682

5. Sean: 15 -> 18.439

6. Nuclear Templeton: 15 -> 17.338

7. SGRaaize: 15 -> 16.718

8. Breaker: 15 -> 16.11

9. Robbie Maynard 15 -> 16.01

10. British Warrior 15 -> 13.19

11. The Phoenix: 15 -> 12.89

12. Tarik Nolan: 9 -> 8.104

The old adage "the rich get richer" holds true here, as Johnny Triumph surges to the highest popularity of any of the League entrants anywhere in the world. Diamond was the big gainer at over 7.6 points, with Arrows (6.7) not far behind. Biggest loser (surprise, surprise) is The Phoenix, who loses over 2 percentage points.

OTHER NEWS AND NOTES:

We've received word from Atlantic City that Nuclear Templeton may be close to inking a deal with a major casino chain to become one of its' spokesmen. My source, who wishes to remain anonymous, said that the deal is potentially worth $300,000.

From England, it sounds as if Liverpool F.C. are looking to bring in one of their most notable supporters for their first home match of the Premier League season. Word is that Liverpool has sent a cordial invite to Robbie Maynard to be an honorary captain in Liverpool's first match of the regular season, at home against Arsenal on August 15. With The League traveling to London on August 13, there is a very good chance that Mr. Maynard will be in attendance, a source with knowledge of the situation reports.

Finally, reports are in on the condition of Johnny Triumph after suffering a broken nose in his match against Diamond last night. League doctors report that it was only a minor break, and that Triumph should be ready to go in Montreal this Friday night.

PREDICTION CENTRAL

No one managed to get all six points, though both myself and Mr. Derek_b managed five—he missed Diamond's upset over Triumph, whereas I was wrong in Templeton's win over Nolan. The lead continues to be held by Miss Moon_lit_tears, though it's as narrow as you can get.

Also a big welcome to Mr. Wrestling Century, who joins the prediction table with a respectable 4/6 performance.

PREDICTION STANDINGS: AFTER WEEK SIX

1. moon_lit_tears: 23 points

2. derek_b: 22 points

(tie) 3. Prophet, SeanMcG: 21 points

5. Tori Montgomery: 20 points

6. I effin rule: 18 points

7. masterded: 15 points

8. MichiganHero: 6 points

(tie) 9. Wrestling Century, Zeel1: 4 points

The League returns to Canada this week, as we invade the Bell Centre in Montreal. The same provisions from week five apply, so with that said, let's get down to business.

Week Seven Schedule: Montreal, Quebec, Canada

(Regular Style Match, Ref Bumps allowed, Match can be stopped for blood loss)

GAMMA DIVISION: Diamond (2-4, 12%) vs. Shawn Arrows (2-4, 15%)

Diamond's coming off a huge win last week in St. Louis as an underdog. Arrows is also coming off a huge win. Arrows beat Diamond back in week one. Going to go the same route here.

Tori's Prediction: Shawn Arrows, via pinfall (Arrow-shot DDT), 14:10, B+)

Tarik Nolan (4-2, 15%) vs. The British Warrior (4-2, 15%)

Both of these men lost some momentum last week, but Nolan's got the edge in my book.

Tori's Prediction: Tarik Nolan, via pinfall (Regulator), 12:00, C)

Breaker (3-3, 15%) vs. Maxx Skabb (3-3, 15%)

I'm thinking Skabb's at the point where he can turn it around and make a charge. It continues this week.

Tori's Prediction: Maxx Skabb, via pinfall (Lethal Injection), 11:10, C+)

GAMMA DIVISION: Sean (3-3, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (2-4, 15%)

I think Triumph's going to be a bit shaken up after his loss last week, but will find a way to make the Gamma Division race even tighter than what it already is.

Tori's Prediction: Johnny Triumph, via submission (Horns of Victory), 10:50, C)

SGRaaize (2-4, 15%) vs. The Phoenix (1-5, 15%)

LARIATO! Pin. Squash.

Tori's Prediction: SGRaaize, via pinfall (Portugal Lariat), 6:40, F)

Robbie Maynard (5-1, 15%) vs. Nuclear Templeton (5-1, 15%)

In what should be a hell of a main event, I have Templeton muscling his way through Maynard in the match of the night.

Tori's Prediction: Nuclear Templeton, via pinfall (Armageddon Lariat), 22:00, A)

Next week, I'll do a season recap through the halfway point, and prepare you, the readers, for week eight from Washington, DC. Until then, this is Tori Montgomery...so long from ringside!

***QUICK PICK SUMMARY***

GAMMA DIVISION: Diamond (2-4, 12%) vs. Shawn Arrows (2-4, 15%)

GAMMA DIVISION: Sean (3-3, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (2-4, 15%)

TRAINING PM'S DUE BY 8:00 P.M. EDT ON JULY 15 / 1:00 A.M. BST ON JULY 16

PREDICTIONS DUE BY 8:00 P.M. EDT ON JULY 16 / 1:00 A.M. BST ON JULY 17

Diamond (2-4, 12%) vs. Shawn Arrows (2-4, 15%)

Sean (3-3, 15%) vs. Johnny Triumph (2-4, 15%)

Now I'm off to celebrate with a fruity girlie drink!

Archived