New console wrestling game...

haloed

Was searching gamefaqs a bit and seen a new wrestling game for PS3 and X Box 360 called Lucha Libre AAA: Heroes of the Ring coming out the 10th of August. Not sure if anyone on the boards were aware of this game or not so thought I would throw it out there.

No it's clear for release and all that soon.

One thing though; it's a carbon copy of the TNA iMPACT game, they just changed the characters and some of the moves

Oh so you're saying the game sucks than. Thats a shame. Would be neat to have a quality lucha game.

Isn't a Chikara one in the works as well?

There are plans to make a Chikara game? Who the heck would buy it? I like Chikara, but from a business standpoint what video game company would take the risk on making a game for such a niche market?

I don't even think ROH could support a video game yet and they are much more known Nationally than Chikara is.

There are plans to make a Chikara game? Who the heck would buy it? I like Chikara, but from a business standpoint what video game company would take the risk on making a game for such a niche market?

I don't even think ROH could support a video game yet and they are much more known Nationally than Chikara is.

It could work. If you push it not as "a wrestling game based on CHIKARA" but instead as "a wacky wrestling game with a bunch of zany characters you've never seen before" made folks would be interested. Less of a licensed product and more of an individual piece that stands on it's own merits. A good game, with a freely available demo... Maybe. I don't know how obsessed folks really are with licensed games. The lion's share of the games in my (admittedly quite small) collection were bought because to genre, reviews and word of mouth as opposed to being a fan of a particular license.

BHK, gaming is one area where the name on the box is often of little consequence. A Chikara game wouldn't be good for an EA sized developer but then, an EA sized developer probably couldn't make it good. Gameplay is what matters most, unless you're trying to attract the 'non video game playing' populace (which is primarily who EA targets). Case in point: Fire Pro Wrestling.

Pop quiz: True or false: the most popular wrestling booking simulator bears the WWE name.

I think you're painting 'video game companies' with too wide a brush.

It would be odd if this board had alot of people insisting on a strong license. :D

RIGHT?!?

No it's clear for release and all that soon.

One thing though; it's a carbon copy of the TNA iMPACT game, they just changed the characters and some of the moves

This is untrue, the company that made the TNA game isn't in any way connected with the developer of this one (Lucha Libre AAA is being done by the new Mexican game studio Immersion Software & Graphics with Sabarasa Studios handling the Wii/portable versions and is being published by Konami while TNA Impact! was done by Midway L.A. and was published by Midway before they folded and was bought by THQ). It's using the unreal engine for the 360 and PS3 version like TNA Impact! did and which is why they look similar, but it does several things differently than that game (such as submissions, reversals, and the tiered way moves are used in a match) and other than the base engine they share no code in common. I've been following the development of this game pretty closely since it was announced at and haven't heard anything like that.

Dr. Wagner Jr. is slated to be the cover luchadore after winning a televised match they held at E3 between him, La Parka, Silver King, and El Elegido. Watch the insanity that was the Konami E3 Conference if you want to see the weigh in. ;)

Here's some gameplay vids:

This is untrue, the company that made the TNA game isn't in any way connected with the developer of this one (Lucha Libre AAA is being done by the new Mexican game studio Immersion Software & Graphics with Sabarasa Studios handling the Wii/portable versions and is being published by Konami while TNA Impact! was done by Midway L.A. and was published by Midway before they folded and was bought by THQ). It's using the unreal engine for the 360 and PS3 version like TNA Impact! did and which is why they look similar, but it does several things differently than that game (such as submissions, reversals, and the tiered way moves are used in a match) and other than the base engine they share no code in common. I've been following the development of this game pretty closely since it was announced at and haven't heard anything like that.

Dr. Wagner Jr. is slated to be the cover luchadore after winning a televised match they held at E3 between him, La Parka, Silver King, and El Elegido. Watch the insanity that was the Konami E3 Conference if you want to see the weigh in. ;)

Here's some gameplay vids:

to channel some joey styles..........Oh, Dios mío!!!!!!!!!!

Archived