The Video Game Thread

Genadi

I have a kode for Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition on Steam free if anyone wants it. Bought it on Steam already then seen a bundle for MKX, MKX Goro & MK9 on Bundlestars for a good price. So now I have a kode free.

EDIT: Or not. Klaimed already.

To bad I got put off of MKX cause they were going for "realism" with their female character. Pffff to that.

Kinda looking forward to LEGO Dimensions even though it's going to be another one of those figure collecting things, but I mainly want the Back to the Future content and hope they provide some Ghostbusters content as well.

This kinda counts as video games, because it regards a Minecraft youtuber:

What are your thoughts on Bashur and him being a rapist?

Honestly this is something better left for the police especially since this seems of statutory rape than actual rape (Both are bad but different connotations). Don't really know all the details but fighting it out over twitter just makes everyone sound and look like a liar.

Another youtuber who accused someone of rape on twitter was NateWantsToBattle. He accused another youtuber and when the other youtuber showed proof that he never approached Nate's drunk girlfirend Nate dismissed it.

Here's the link to the Nate story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZH5nXVLxvA

I know you guys are almost as nerdy as I am and I'm looking into Sovereignty: Crown of Kings. Anyone check it out yet? I'm not seeing a ton of valuable feedback online.

I got Out of the Park Baseball 16 and it is, of course, phenomenal. I've also gotten back into Starbound a little bit and I'm spending a huge chunk of hours leveling up my center fielder in MLB the Show 15. All have completely eaten away my rather lengthy vacation and that is a beautiful thing :)

I know you guys are almost as nerdy as I am and I'm looking into Sovereignty: Crown of Kings. Anyone check it out yet? I'm not seeing a ton of valuable feedback online.

I got Out of the Park Baseball 16 and it is, of course, phenomenal. I've also gotten back into Starbound a little bit and I'm spending a huge chunk of hours leveling up my center fielder in MLB the Show 15. All have completely eaten away my rather lengthy vacation and that is a beautiful thing :)

I'm tempted to try crystal meth, surely it's not as addictive as OOTP, and I'm not even a baseball fan!

Back away from the OOTP.. Its not good for you.. Its more addictive than crack

I am starting to realise that. Pushing the conversation back in a circle from a page or two back, Steam tells me that I played OOTP 15 for 249 hours, and have already put 134 hours into OOTP 16.

I'm not really into MOBA games(which drives some of my friends insane), but I've recently been getting into Infinite Crisis majorly. Haven't played many games against other players, but I've played a bunch against the AI trying to really get a grasp of the game.

So far, Gaslight Batman is just so much fun. Nightmare Batman is also a blast.

Is the new one a vast improvement over OOTP 15?

I try to buy it every other year and this is my off year (Well really last year was my off year but I bought it in September at a reduced price). The whole new manager set-up makes we want to buy it but I am not sure if I will.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="BHK1978" data-cite="BHK1978" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Is the new one a vast improvement over OOTP 15?<p> </p><p> I try to buy it every other year and this is my off year (Well really last year was my off year but I bought it in September at a reduced price). The whole new manager set-up makes we want to buy it but I am not sure if I will.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I like the new manager set-up. I prefer playing as a GM only, and the owner giving you goals to aim for and hoping that the manager will be able to deliver them adds an interesting dimension. Playing as a manager would also be interesting as you could have an All Star calibre player who you want to build your team around, but then your GM might decide to trade him.</p>

1. Why on Earth did I just learn of OOTP right now? This.......this is bad, my friends.

2. I've been replaying Majora's Mask for the first time since I was like 10 and man, it's so good but it's so difficult to get everything outside the main temples efficiently. I was going to try to do as much as I could without a walkthrough, but by the second temple I'd already missed about 10 things so I submitted to a walkthrough lol.

3. Anyone play The Witcher series? I beat the first and bought the second a while back, but I was only able to get it to work on my computer yesterday. I just started it obviously, but I like it a lot thus far. The combat system was vastly improved after the clunky first game so that should lead to a better experience for me. Even though I liked the first a lot.

3. Anyone play The Witcher series? I beat the first and bought the second a while back, but I was only able to get it to work on my computer yesterday. I just started it obviously, but I like it a lot thus far. The combat system was vastly improved after the clunky first game so that should lead to a better experience for me. Even though I liked the first a lot.

I have the first and second one but I've only done about half of the first game. Need to sit down someday and just power through it.

1. Why on Earth did I just learn of OOTP right now? This.......this is bad, my friends.

2. I've been replaying Majora's Mask for the first time since I was like 10 and man, it's so good but it's so difficult to get everything outside the main temples efficiently. I was going to try to do as much as I could without a walkthrough, but by the second temple I'd already missed about 10 things so I submitted to a walkthrough lol.

I've tested the first one. The combat system was very..special. a lot of people find it very good, and the other part find it bad :D

I will buy the second one, it's good ?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="denzil85" data-cite="denzil85" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I like the new manager set-up. I prefer playing as a GM only, and the owner giving you goals to aim for and hoping that the manager will be able to deliver them adds an interesting dimension. Playing as a manager would also be interesting as you could have an All Star calibre player who you want to build your team around, but then your GM might decide to trade him.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I usually play in god mode as the commissioner as I enjoy watching my league unfold without my hand (I usually only draft and hire staff but that is the extent of my involvement) so it might be cool to play the game the way you suggest. Thank you for the feedback.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="RKOwnage" data-cite="RKOwnage" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>3. Anyone play The Witcher series? I beat the first and bought the second a while back, but I was only able to get it to work on my computer yesterday. I just started it obviously, but I like it a lot thus far. The combat system was vastly improved after the clunky first game so that should lead to a better experience for me. Even though I liked the first a lot.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I never played the first Witcher game but I love Witcher 2. I actually own two copies of it one on Steam and the other for XBOX360. I actually hated the game when I played it on Steam because while I could use my 360 control to play it, it just felt very clunky and I could never truly get used to it.</p><p> </p><p> However, once I bought it for the 360 I fell in love with the game. I actually became fascinated by the back story and loved the characters.</p><p> </p><p> Sadly Witcher 3 is only coming out for next gen systems and I do not plan on buying either one unless GTA VI comes out or a new Elder Scrolls game comes out. Simply because I still get a lot of use out of my 360 and updated graphics do not really impress me that much. Heck I still play games on my Genesis (It actually still works despite the fact that it came out so long ago. Too bad my Xbox and PS2 no longer work.)</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Smasher1311" data-cite="Smasher1311" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28397" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Anyone playing Mortal Kombat X on the PS4?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> X1 here, but enjoying it a lot.</p>

Okay, so I rented Mortal Kombat X for the PS4, started playing it today. Note, I am a completely novice player of fighting games; as in going into MK I only knew ONE character, that being Scorpion. So I go in, and I look at all the combos blah blah blah same old same old. In my first fight, I try and apply these, get killed because I can't multitask. Next round, I somehow start button mashing. And suddenly I am a beast at Mortal Kombat. Now, for you fighting game people. Why (If you do) take the time to learn the combos when you can achieve great deeds by button mashing.

As for the quality of the game, I quite like it. I think that is a fun game, but for me at least, it will lose it's appeal very quickly. I see there's a story, so I'll probably do that. But otherwise, ya, it's pretty good in my opinion.