EA Sports

GatorBait19

So I was reading an article about EA Sports slip in gaming sales this year and each article EA is blaming someone else for it.

1) NBA Live; they said the brand was just played out and old

2) Tiger Woods; Blaming Tiger, I understand that to a point. It's hard for me to see one man as the blame for a slip in sales of 200k

3) NHL; people aren't interested

4) FIFA soccer are both down.

The thing I find funny is, is it that people aren't interested? I think the fact that EA continuously marks their games at like 50 Dollars and up for a one off game is the biggest factor. Plus the fact that 2k continues to produce a much better product for about 10 dollars cheaper as another one.

Also have they not seen that a lot of game sales are down this year?

The only game in EA's repertoire that continues to get better year after year to me is NCAA. Madden as did well at improving last year, but that could change this year and EA is already expecting a decline in sales for both games

What they should have said was the economy sucks. If you ask me, that's probably the biggest reason.

That being said, EA likes churning out sequels because they are sure-fire money-makers over time... but the EA sports games have been released so many times, it's time for something new.

What they should have said was the economy sucks. If you ask me, that's probably the biggest reason.

That being said, EA likes churning out sequels because they are sure-fire money-makers over time... but the EA sports games have been released so many times, it's time for something new.

I agree actually with both statements.

The football games are going to sell. they are the only one's on the market.

Golf is always going to be a difficult sale because the game is quite boring even playing it.

I agree actually with both statements.

The football games are going to sell. they are the only one's on the market.

Golf is always going to be a difficult sale because the game is quite boring even playing it.

Which is why they should have simply said: "Market conditions". It's a better cop-out than playing the sports themselves.

Besides, that's why they are releasing a MMA game, right?

lol and you know they have to be freaking out right now about that.

Fight night round 4 flopped and UFC 2010 didn't do what it did last year. EA's MMA game doesn't have the start power UFC's did and they have pushed the game back I believe three times now.

EA has also not been making many friends with their new "Buy new or pay us $15 for online" price model.

Yeah that's crap to and their excuse of "It helps pay for online cost." Yet they keep signing the huge deals with snickers, old spice, and others with offset most of their cost as is.

Yeah, but Gamestop is one of the bigger game chain stores. As long as EA can't force them, they can't force mom-and-poppers.

Gamestop sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I returned three 09 games there (Madden, NCAA, and NBA 2k10) and they gave me like 25 bucks back. I went over to look at other games and those same three games are being sold used for 4 dollars less then their orignal price. so they just made (if they sell them) like 100 dollars off me. :p

Gamestop sucks!!!!!!!!!!

I returned three 09 games there (Madden, NCAA, and NBA 2k10) and they gave me like 25 bucks back. I went over to look at other games and those same three games are being sold used for 4 dollars less then their orignal price. so they just made (if they sell them) like 100 dollars off me. :p

What else can you expect? They control the market, they make rules. :(

<p>Okay, now for the record, people don't buy used games if the original buyers keep them. And with a sports game, there's not much reason to return it unless it's crap.</p><p> </p><p>

I mean sure, with Assassin's Creed or whatever, that's to be expected because there's nothing there but to 100% it and then you're done. EA is full of crap, just like the RIAA and the MPAA are about pirating hurting their sales.</p><p> </p><p>

Also, if I recall, Gamestop gives you 45% (?) of the used game price. It's a pretty simple conversion. My guess is, you made all of 10 bucks off both the 09 games and then made the majority off the 2k10 game. Old sports games are pretty useless to people. I think you can get 2k8 for 9 dollars.</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Linsolv" data-cite="Linsolv" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="28586" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Okay, now for the record, people don't buy used games if the original buyers keep them. And with a sports game, there's not much reason to return it unless it's crap.<p> </p><p> I mean sure, with Assassin's Creed or whatever, that's to be expected because there's nothing there but to 100% it and then you're done. EA is full of crap, just like the RIAA and the MPAA are about pirating hurting their sales.</p><p> </p><p> Also, if I recall, Gamestop gives you 45% (?) of the used game price. It's a pretty simple conversion.<strong> My guess is, you made all of 10 bucks off both the 09 </strong>games and then made the majority off the 2k10 game. Old sports games are pretty useless to people. I think you can get 2k8 for 9 dollars.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Sorry about that, I said 09 like the year not the game. So it was the NCAA 10 and Madden 10 games i returned.</p>

<p>I hate EA Sports. They have ruined sports gaming for me with their lackluster games and their refusal to adapt.</p><p> </p><p>

They are just incapable of making a college football game where the Hail Mary doesnt work every single time and a NFL game where the running back is more productive as a runner than a pass catcher.</p><p> </p><p>

20 years later you'd think they may have gotten around to fixing some of these things.</p>

<p>There can be NO justification for FIFA sales being down unless the game is subpar. Soccer interest is the highest it's been at in a long, long time right now.</p><p> </p><p>

If Tiger Woods really hurt their sales so much, maybe they should have thought about renaming the game? Just go back to being PGA Tour.</p>

Not to be rude to you, Moe, but I think that's kinda the point. EA is making excuses, but really the problem is that they're a group of lazy producers. I mean -- I'm sure their programmers work hard, and their designers, and everyone top to bottom. But someone in charge has (I have to assume, since I really don't want to blame the folks in the trenches) shackled them to just graphical updates, roster updates, and one or two new gimmicks that don't change much.

Archived