Nba 2k11

GatorBait19

That was great and also they reportedly have made a great number of updates to My Player Mode.

My hopes are simple:

- make it more realistic. I shouldn't be starting over tony parker as a 57 overall PG (this happened last year). I'm willing to earn my spot as long as the next step is incorporated

- have a skip ahead feature so i can play 12 minute quarters but skip the boring stuff

- Make subs more realistic. to many quick subs/ putting the player at stupid spots (i subbed in at PF and C alot last year. I'm 6'1)

- Overhaul the stat system in general, way to punishing given the low rating the player starts with. Shouldn't take absolutly superhuman and unrealistic stats to progress at an acceptable level. If i'm putting up 8/4/4 as a PG off the bench in limited minutes, that should actually give me a decent amount of points. I shouldn't have to ball hog and score 30 on ineffectual/ cheap plays like nba jam to get anywhere as a rookie.

- general polish/ bug fixes

- oh yea, OVERHAUL the things you get + and - for by position. I really shouldn't be getting "holds ball to long" after 4 seconds as a PG. im trying to run a play. Also, the "left your man" one is stupid, it would often penalize me for playing a double/ leaving a crappy shooter to help on an actual offensive threat. I should not be getting penalized for leaving Rondo open from 3 to go close out on an open ray allen off a pick for example.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My hopes are simple:

- make it more realistic. I shouldn't be starting over tony parker as a 57 overall PG (this happened last year). I'm willing to earn my spot as long as the next step is incorporated

- have a skip ahead feature so i can play 12 minute quarters but skip the boring stuff

- Make subs more realistic. to many quick subs/ putting the player at stupid spots (i subbed in at PF and C alot last year. I'm 6'1)

- Overhaul the stat system in general, way to punishing given the low rating the player starts with. Shouldn't take absolutly superhuman and unrealistic stats to progress at an acceptable level. If i'm putting up 8/4/4 as a PG off the bench in limited minutes, that should actually give me a decent amount of points. I shouldn't have to ball hog and score 30 on ineffectual/ cheap plays like nba jam to get anywhere as a rookie.

- oh yea, OVERHAUL the things you get + and - for by position. I really shouldn't be getting "holds ball to long" after 4 seconds as a PG. im trying to run a play. Also, the "left your man" one is stupid, it would often penalize me for playing a double/ leaving a crappy shooter to help on an actual offensive threat. I should not be getting penalized for leaving Rondo open from 3 to go close out on an open ray allen off a pick for example.

the producer answered this last year. He said the reason a player rated 57 could start over a 88 was simple, they look at stats and teammate grade.

the producer answered this last year. He said the reason a player rated 57 could start over a 88 was simple, they look at stats and teammate grade.

Then i hope thats fixed, it's completely unrealistic that i can ballhog my way to starting over a far superior player simply by never passing and driving the lane till i score.

As i said, i want to play NBA basketball not NBA jam. that's what makes the show for MLB so good, you actually feel as if you've accomplished something when you start to get good and move up from Double A struggling to hit .275 to a major league slugger.

My one wish, they fix My Player mode so I don't play a full 82 game season, reach game 5 in the NBA Finals and find it all a waste of time due to a bug not letting me progress any further. Add to that ridiculously bad tech support, the type that makes me appreciate game devs like Adam Ryland so much more.

My one wish, they fix My Player mode so I don't play a full 82 game season, reach game 5 in the NBA Finals and find it all a waste of time due to a bug not letting me progress any further. Add to that ridiculously bad tech support, the type that makes me appreciate game devs like Adam Ryland so much more.

lol he's still not giving you a free copy of WMMA 3

My hopes are simple:

These things drove me nuts on 2k10. The thing I hated the most is that I would do 4 good things in a row with no grade increase, then I do 1 measly thing they consider negative and it drops my grade.

The worst thing about My Player was the fact that you had to stay with your man on defense. I'm sorry, but if my teammate gets beat off the dribble I'm going to play help defense. That's what you're supposed to do! I'm getting punished for doing something that I was taught my whole life to do.

The worst thing about My Player was the fact that you had to stay with your man on defense. I'm sorry, but if my teammate gets beat off the dribble I'm going to play help defense. That's what you're supposed to do! I'm getting punished for doing something that I was taught my whole life to do.

This too. Also, I don't think there was much of a contracts system was there? I don't remember a place where I could view my contract or check out which teams are scouting me as a free agent.

This too. Also, I don't think there was much of a contracts system was there? I don't remember a place where I could view my contract or check out which teams are scouting me as a free agent.

I don't remember, I just remember it asking me which of four teams wanted me, all this after I won a championship and MVP with my team that signed me as a rookie and let me go.

<p>can't wait till tuesday. I also like that they are using some of the young stars for the commercial's</p><p> </p><p>

Seems like they had alot of fun making these</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/fCHMgbGZq3I?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="NBA 2K11 - MJ's Greatest Moments"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p>

and</p><p> </p><p>

</p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="113" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/7Ol2HYCnVbs?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="NBA 2K11 Signature Moves"></iframe></div></div>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="SHaynes23" data-cite="SHaynes23" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="29168" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I picked it up last night at midnight and played a few games. I'm loving it so far, the game feels like it plays out much more naturally and <strong>the AI seems to be a whole lot better at adapting to what you are doing</strong>.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> After another night of solid play I have to say this is one of the best improvements. I think this will be the first basketball game I've ever played where my player doesn't average 10 steals a game.</p>

I'm really enjoying just playing one-off games with the classic Bulls teams. It's great to finally play as Mike. In games past we could download mods with MJ that looked like him up until he shoots or dunks, but now everything he does looks like him. All the way down to layups and even the way he moves with the ball.

Enjoying the game, having some difficult adjusting though. Have a lot of passes picked off, even in half court. I prefer running a fast offense where I attack the basket, but I just can't seem to get it to work this time around. Though I recall having some issues with last year's game when it came out too. I just need to keep putting in the time.

Game's fairly satisfying, the presentation is top-notch and everything comes together well. The animations and gameplay are quite Live-ish, at least compared to 2K9. Less rigid than that game though, I suppose. Jordan looks top-notch and I loved the Jordan Challenge so far. It's a nice throwback to the heydays, and I'll also look forward playing with the Utah Jazz 97 roster, one of my favorite 90s teams.

Ditto on getting a lot of passes interrupted, I guess I'll just have to be really careful when running the fast offense. Commentary has improved leaps and bounds, they seem to comment more and more on players' slumps/streaks and the team's situation, not just pertaining to their overall course as a franchise but upon the game itself.

Some players' faces are just not up to par though... I mean the article said Kobe looks like an alien.. he's not so bad for one, but Pau Gasol, good LORD. Looks like something smashed his face in.

I just picked up the game tonight but won't be back around my Xbox for a few days (as I'm in my hometown while my Wife's dad goes through surgery). My question is, to those who have played thus far, I've heard that the Association has received quite the upgrade overall. Better AI in trading/team development as one of these such improvements.

To those who have played the Association, Do you see anything really different? Does it feel, look, play, more realistic to the actual NBA? I've always said that NBA games really lacked a strong franchise mode. With one, it could be really addicting!

Thank you!

Archived